daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Plateauing on Certain Exercises

Man, I'm really slowing down on my flat dumbbell bench and shoulder presses. It's weird, I hardly increase every week on those exercises but I absolutely killed the incline dumbbell bench, upright row and dumbbell flies. I don't get it...

What does this tell you when some exercises are ****ing slowing? Diet?
    Curls: 45x7(per arm)
    Bar Curl: 90x7
    Squats: 225x6
    Leg Press: 600x6
    Skullcrusher: 85x7
    DB Bench: 80x5
    Incline DB Bench: 67.5x8
    Shoulder DB Press: 60x7
    DB Row: 87.5x8
    DB Flys: 50x8
    DB Shrugs: 90x6

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to switch up your routine. You see, your body increases msucle mass as a result of the stimulus of a harhser enviroment. In other words, as long as your enviroment does not put progressive and diverse demands on your body's musculature, you will not put on much new muscle and hit a "plateau".

Either this or you need to push up your carbohydrates a little. When you gain new muscle your carb demands also increase.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if your still growing thats all that matters if your not look into taking a week off and starting a new split/repschemes/volume
    Cutting
    start 212lb
    week 20 - 172.5lb
    week 28 - 157lb
    Hooly i lost over 12inches off my waist no wonder people called me fat.

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it-as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Woden, here's my chest and shoulder routines:

All exercises are failure sets btw.

2x DB bench
    2x flat DB flies
    2x Incline DB bench
    2x cable crossovers(just started doing this 2 weeks ago)

and

2x DB shoulder presses
    2x DB side raises
    2x barbell upright rows

In the order above is how I do the exercises. So you're saying I should switch up the order? But let's say I do flies first for chest and side raises first for shoulders, won't that force me to lower my weights on the bench and shoulder presses due to the muscles all ready being fatigued? Or is that part of the point?

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try training sub failure

I did but I had a string of ****ty workouts and I was plateauing all around the board.