sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)

Why is everyone saying pasta is a simple carb?

Pasta only contains 2 grams of sugar per serving, with 42 grams of total carbs. Hence Pasta is a complex carbohydrate. Why am I seeing post with people saying pasta is a simple carb?
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Why is everyone saying pasta is a simple carb?

Originally posted by sfetaz
    Pasta only contains 2 grams of sugar per serving, with 42 grams of total carbs. Hence Pasta is a complex carbohydrate. Why am I seeing post with people saying pasta is a simple carb?
    Ya...i noticed people saying that too, but, me being a novice BB, i bit my tongue....however, in Biology i was taught that starch and such (other polysaccharides (sp?)) are complex carbos, which is what pasta is made from....so methinks pasta can be considered a complex carbo just like oatmeal and taters...

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't like the term "simple carb." The reason people refer to pasta as simple carbs is because white flour (of which pasta is made) is high glycemic. In other words, it is digested and absorbed into the blood stream very quickly, much more quickly than some "simple carbs" like fructose.

Willy Beans has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pasta is a complex carbohydrate and excellent source for carbohydrates (that is--pasta without the sauce!). The confusing part is the difference between carbs that are simple/complex vs. carbs that have a High/Low GI index.

Don't listen to everything you read in these forums. Most of these responders don't know what they're talking about -- take all responses with a grain of salt, better yet ask a professional in person when it comes to nutrition and training.

Who knows, that person that is responding to ANYthing in these forums can be some fat guy eating donuts all day. And the funniest thing that happens, is when false information keeps getting posted over and over---- everyone starts to agree with it. That occurs ESPECIALLY here.

Good luck with your diet and training everyone! Train hard.

Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100)
    Aren't there different kinds of pastas with different compositions... ?

Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000) Snoopis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Willy Beans
    Pasta is a complex carbohydrate and excellent source for carbohydrates (that is--pasta without the sauce!).

What's wrong with the sauce?
    "Undoubtedly, some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct." - Justice Scalia, DC vs Heller

pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, there are different kinds of pasta. There is whole wheat pasta and many other variations as well. The whole wheat pasta will have a lower GI than the standard white flour pasta.

And yeah, I am one of those people that has confused my terminology. There is a difference between a simple carbohydrate and something with a high glycemic index.

The difference, to me anyway, between eating a complex and simple carbohydrate comes in eating "clean." I wouldn't advise someone spooning down corn syrup instead of eating pasta in any circumstance, regardless of whether they want a simple or complex carbohydrate, high GI or low. It's just what is healthy and carries more nutrients.

<he licks the white powdered doughnut sugar from his fingers>

iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iceman338 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by pounder

The difference, to me anyway, between eating a complex and simple carbohydrate comes in eating "clean." I wouldn't advise someone spooning down corn syrup instead of eating pasta in any circumstance, regardless of whether they want a simple or complex carbohydrate, high GI or low. It's just what is healthy and carries more nutrients.

<he licks the white powdered doughnut sugar from his fingers>
    LOL...

The difference is in it's chemical makeup...simple carbos are what i would consider to be mono/disaccharide (1 or 2 simple sugars in each molecule). These include things like fructose, glucose, maltose, galactose, sucrose, dextrose, etc. Some people would argue that only the three fundemental sugars are simple, glucose, galactose, and fructose. However, that is a matter of semantics. Complex carbos i consider to be polysaccharides (more than 2 simple sugars linked together in some form), these enclude starch, cellulose, glycogen, etc, of which pasta is mainly comprised.

Studying Nutrition 24/7 ManOfSteel2003's Avatar
    ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep in mind the II and GI
    Currently bulking...goal 3lbs+ increase every month.

Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bread N Butter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pasta is OK in moderation, but the main problem with it is its lack of caloric density.

A cup of pasta with a good protein source is not a terrible meal combo when cutting.
    For me personally, it is near impossible to be satisfied with 1 cup of any pasta. One cup sounds fine and dandy until you measure it out and see how little the portion is.

One's stomach will surely notice the difference when eating 40 grams of carbs from pasta and 40 grams of carbs from a lower GI carb, like oatmeal or vegetables.
    Pleasuring Females Since 1992

Studying Nutrition 24/7 ManOfSteel2003's Avatar
    ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Bread N Butter
    Pasta is OK in moderation, but the main problem with it is its lack of caloric density.

A cup of pasta with a good protein source is not a terrible meal combo when cutting.
    For me personally, it is near impossible to be satisfied with 1 cup of any pasta. One cup sounds fine and dandy until you measure it out and see how little the portion is.

One's stomach will surely notice the difference when eating 40 grams of carbs from pasta and 40 grams of carbs from a lower GI carb, like oatmeal or vegetables.
    What do you mean? Pasta is VERY dense in carbs. I agree that it can leave you hungry shortly afterwards though, and also about better carb sources.
    Currently bulking...goal 3lbs+ increase every month.

TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TAP_5870 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Take a look at the following link and make comparisons of pasta to other carbs.

Some pastas are even lower in GI than oatmeal.

http://www.lowglycemicdiet.com/gifoodlist.html