Page 283 of 329 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,490 of 9867
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Good points on the upeer chest.

Recently I read about a Vince Girnoda method where he did an 8x8 on Inc. DB Press. He would grab a set of bells and begin with the bench at about 60 degrees. He would then pump out about four good sets of 8 with the final few reps of set #4 being all that he could muster at that angle. He would then drop the bench down to 45 or so and pound out another few good sets.....then he would drop down to 30 or so to achieve the final sets.

I did this a few times and it is a humbling experience.
    I've used the same tactic in the past. Besides being a good plateau-buster, it will thoroughly work the pecs, top to bottom.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Good points on the upeer chest.

Recently I read about a Vince Girnoda method where he did an 8x8 on Inc. DB Press. He would grab a set of bells and begin with the bench at about 60 degrees. He would then pump out about four good sets of 8 with the final few reps of set #4 being all that he could muster at that angle. He would then drop the bench down to 45 or so and pound out another few good sets.....then he would drop down to 30 or so to achieve the final sets.

I did this a few times and it is a humbling experience.
    Vince musta read my journal.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Vince musta read my journal.
    LOL. Could be, Vox!

It's always interesting to see that all the basic stuff that worked 50 years ago is still the exact same stuff that will work today. Despite what the spammers, scammers, hucksters, charlatans, and voodoo purveyors would have us believe (and spend our money on), there are no secret exercises or programs that will magically put slabs of lean mass on a person.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    LOL. Could be, Vox!

It's always interesting to see that all the basic stuff that worked 50 years ago is still the exact same stuff that will work today. Despite what the spammers, scammers, hucksters, charlatans, and voodoo purveyors would have us believe (and spend our money on), there are no secret exercises or programs that will magically put slabs of lean mass on a person.
    While I'm all for trying to think of new things, or new ways to make weight training appealing to a broader audience, the basics are still the basics. "Pick up heavy stuff and eat".

It's not a new trend that people are looking for an "easy" way to achieve results, but there are more companies than ever marketing gimmicks or get-lean/buff-quick solutions to the masses.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

While I'm all for trying to think of new things, or new ways to make weight training appealing to a broader audience, the basics are still the basics. "Pick up heavy stuff and eat".
    That will always be the bottom line for anyone who's really searching for the correct path. Nothing else is more universally effective.

It's not a new trend that people are looking for an "easy" way to achieve results, but there are more companies than ever marketing gimmicks or get-lean/buff-quick solutions to the masses.
    True. I can remember (vaguely!) back when I was a kid, reading the Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books. His "Dynamic Tension" plan he hawked guaranteed turning a pencilneck into a "muscle man," all in just 90 days.

Today's hucksters have really become sophisticated, offering 'programs' that can be done right in your living room with next to no equipment. Money-back guarantees, to boot. And not only has the audience become much, much larger (no pun intended), so have the number of ways to reach that audience.

My current "Pisses-Me-Off" scammer target is Dr. Oz. For all that guy's real credentials, he's no more than a charlatan, selling his soul on TV, pushing off useless boatloads of pills, powders, and potions on his adoring followers. The facking guy has no shame.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

That will always be the bottom line for anyone who's really searching for the correct path. Nothing else is more universally effective.

True. I can remember (vaguely!) back when I was a kid, reading the Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books. His "Dynamic Tension" plan he hawked guaranteed turning a pencilneck into a "muscle man," all in just 90 days.

Today's hucksters have really become sophisticated, offering 'programs' that can be done right in your living room with next to no equipment. Money-back guarantees, to boot. And not only has the audience become much, much larger (no pun intended), so have the number of ways to reach that audience.

My current "Pisses-Me-Off" scammer target is Dr. Oz. For all that guy's real credentials, he's no more than a charlatan, selling his soul on TV, pushing off useless boatloads of pills, powders, and potions on his adoring followers. The facking guy has no shame.
    You guys are so right on with your observations. Unfortunately, it is the latest and greatest "gimmick" that seems to sell rather than the "basics" that quite simply just work. I just laugh when I see all the "Abs in 30 days!" Money Back Guaranteed! Trust me that ain't gonna happen when you have a 51 inch waistline.

Was it PT Barnum that said a sucker is born every minute?

Either that or there just is no appeal for an ad that says "See your abs in only 14 months!" Or pack on 20 lbs of lean muscle mass in just 2 years! Money back guaranteed! lol
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

Originally Posted by Skullster View Post
    Was it PT Barnum that said a sucker is born every minute?
    He's the guy.

He'd have an absolute field day in today's marketplace.

Either that or there just is no appeal for an ad that says "See your abs in only 14 months!" Or pack on 20 lbs of lean muscle mass in just 2 years! Money back guaranteed! lol
    I think it's a combination of lazy people looking for some easy shortcut with no sacrifice involved, and also a large number of people who really are interested in doing what's necessary, and not actually looking for shortcuts, but have been misled by the army of scammers and bull**** artists with their slick delivery methods.

And as far as advertising goes, FDA can only go so far in policing these ganefs. They have become very adept at not going over the line, as far as what they can and can't legally promise. The "electronic ab belt" scammers of a couple of years ago all got run out of business by FDA because they weren't crafty enough in their claims.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SS is a 'magic routine'.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happy Monday, Bill!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here is one that you will love Bill.....its simply called It Works!.

My wife sells purses in a direct sales fashion. She often runs into the It Works! lady in our area. For just $30, this lady will measure a person's midsection, apply a "special" menthol balm, and then literally wrap someone like a mummy with a plastic wrap. She then has them sit for 30 minutes while drinking two bottles of water. She then will unwrap them and measure again.

My wife laughs at all of the women who are happy as hell to have spent the $30 to lose.........1 inch!

Like the product claims.....It Works!
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

Ironwill2008 V2.0

A solid session today. I was able to make a bit of progress nearly across the board. Today's training was:

Smith Machine Front Squat
    95x10 W/U
    145x8
    195x8
    215x8
    245x6

Leg Press
    400x12 W/U
    580x12
    670x12
    760x12
    810x9

Chinup
    bw x5 W/U
    bw x5 W/U
    bw +35x3 W/U
    bw +70x5
    bw +70x5
    bw +70x4

Smith Machine Seated Press
    95x10 W/U
    125x3 W/U
    150x5
    150x3
    150x3

135x9 backoff set

Completed this session in 70 minutes. I added a tough rep to Fronts, just making it out of the hole on that last rep.

Managed an additional rep on Leg Press as well. These are a real job at this load. While I'm confident I'll eventually get to 12-across, it looks like it's going to be a few more weeks 'til I get there.

Picked up a rep on the 2nd work set of Chins. One more on that last set, and I'll once again be at reps-across at 70. Shoulder is holding uo.

Seated Press didn't move, but all reps felt strong; I was actually surprised I didn't add anything here. Same for the backoff set--a duplicate of last week. More work needs done.

That's all I have for today. Rest day tomorrow, then on Wednesday it'll be Lunges, Rows, and Inclines.

Post-Workout meal was 1/4 pound of grilled ground sirloin, a pile of Mexican rice, some raw veggies, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    SS is a 'magic routine'.
    So some say in the open forums!

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09 View Post
    Happy Monday, Bill!
    Happy Monday, Diane!

Here is one that you will love Bill.....its simply called It Works!.

My wife sells purses in a direct sales fashion. She often runs into the It Works! lady in our area. For just $30, this lady will measure a person's midsection, apply a "special" menthol balm, and then literally wrap someone like a mummy with a plastic wrap. She then has them sit for 30 minutes while drinking two bottles of water. She then will unwrap them and measure again.

My wife laughs at all of the women who are happy as hell to have spent the $30 to lose.........1 inch!

Like the product claims.....It Works!
    Hmm...........I'm surprised that 'wrap' deal is still around. It was a fad about 5 years ago, but I thought everyone was wise to it by now.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a great session!

The food looks yummy. I'm fixing salmon and some asparagus stir fry right now. Starving!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Sounds like a great session!

The food looks yummy. I'm fixing salmon and some asparagus stir fry right now. Starving!
    Thanks, Diane; I was pleased with the effort.

I looked for that rice recipe for years. We eat that stuff by the boatload these days!

Salmon is our favorite, but we haven't had any in quite a while. I need to put it on the shopping list. Aparagus is another of our favorites here as well. I'll saute it up with some olive oil, garlic, and sliced mushrooms with a little thyme, salt and pepper. Great minds think alike!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice start to the week Bill.

PWO meal looked a little light though.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Thanks, Diane; I was pleased with the effort.

I looked for that rice recipe for years. We eat that stuff by the boatload these days!

Salmon is our favorite, but we haven't had any in quite a while. I need to put it on the shopping list. Aparagus is another of our favorites here as well. I'll saute it up with some olive oil, garlic, and sliced mushrooms with a little thyme, salt and pepper. Great minds think alike!
    I love thyme on my salmon. Yummy. I also used garlic. I thought about the mushrooms, but decided to save them for my next piglet session.

The asparagus is combined with cauliflower and carrots -- it's pretty good also.

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    super leg press. have you ever hit 1k?

btw, I think i have hit a milestone: I have enterted this thread 2 times in a row, and youre not on a deload!

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oz's stuff only works for heel clicking little girls from Kansas. The rest if us have to stick to the basics.

Awesome work in here big guy.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Nice start to the week Bill.

PWO meal looked a little light though.
    Hey Jim, thanks. It's going to be deload next week, and I want to build up some momentum this week. I'm expecting to move just about everything forward in here this week.

I got the basics on that plate, but would have preferred a big salad to go with it. We were low on veg though.

I love thyme on my salmon. Yummy. I also used garlic. I thought about the mushrooms, but decided to save them for my next piglet session.
    Our favorite way to cook salmon is to marinate it in bottled teriyaki sauce for about an hour and then grill it over mesquite. As much as I enjoy red meat, I like the salmon cooked this way even more.

The asparagus is combined with cauliflower and carrots -- it's pretty good also.
    We'll do ^^^^ this next time around.

Fresh veg is all so good, I'll never understand how some folks say they don't like it. To each his/her own, I guess.

Originally Posted by The Shoeless Wonder View Post
    super leg press. have you ever hit 1k?
    Thanks, Shoe; even though it kicked my butt, LP still moved up a bit.

The best I've ever done on that machine is 850x14, back at the end of 2011. I haven't used LPs since then, so my goal is to get back to that number this time around.

btw, I think i have hit a milestone: I have enterted this thread 2 times in a row, and youre not on a deload!
    Your timing is perfect; this time next week I'll be lifting teh pink dumbbellz.

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Oz's stuff only works for heel clicking little girls from Kansas. The rest if us have to stick to the basics.
    (sigh)......................what's so disappointing to me about that guy is the fact that he's so highly educated, yet he still spouts off all his baloney. There's no way he, with all his medical qualifications, believes any of the crap he promotes. Geez, even a knucklehead like me can look stuff up on PubMed and know most of the products he touts are useless.

Most of the other TV pitchmen (and women) are easy to discount since very few of them have any formal education to speak of, and can be easily dismissed as nothing more than hucksters, but when a Harvard-educated man with an MD from UPenn with a specialty in heart surgery speaks, people listen and believe.

I Just can't figure out why Dr. Oz is wasting his God-given talent on a stupid TV show hawking supps instead of in the operating room where he could be doing so much good.

Awesome work in here big guy.
    Thanks, C; I'm working hard to keep it moving forward.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What about adding your micro weight plates to the shoulder press? That should get the numbers moving and maybe...just maybe...the body will think nothing of it and comply.
    Damn nice depth to them front squats!

I don't care for veggies nor fruit.
    I like meat and chocolate.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

That brings back memories. Not trying to make you feel old or anything , but my dad has an old Charles Atlas certificate of completion from when he was a kids hanging up in the room where he trains. He still laughs everytime he sees it.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    What about adding your micro weight plates to the shoulder press? That should get the numbers moving and maybe...just maybe...the body will think nothing of it and comply.
    That's what I'll do as soon as I get to reps-across at the current weight, Brian. Adding 2.5 total pounds to the bar is much more manageable on a 'limit' lift than struggling with an additional 5 pounds.

Damn nice depth to them front squats!
    Thanks. If I don't at least get to parallel, I'm wasting my time, and the rep just doesn't feel right. I'll kind of keep a eye out of the side of my head on the 'stops' as I descend, and come just short of hitting them; that way, I know I'm reaching depth on every rep.

I don't care for veggies nor fruit.
    I like meat and chocolate.
    I love meat and some dark chocolate as well, but just don't fire on all cylinders without eating some fruit/veg several times a day.

Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    That brings back memories. Not trying to make you feel old or anything
    Lulz. Age isn't a problem for me; as long as I keep doing what I'm doing, it's nothing more than a number, so no worries about making me feel old. Besides, the trolls in the open forums give me **** about my age all the time, and I just laugh 'em off. I think it really irks some of the kids posting on this site that a guy who's old enough to be their grampaw is more jacked than they!

...my dad has an old Charles Atlas certificate of completion from when he was a kids hanging up in the room where he trains. He still laughs everytime he sees it.
    The physique "culture" has changed drastically since that time (thank goodness). Back then, it was seen as both odd as well as detrimental to lift weights. Didn't want to risk getting "muscle-bound."

Thanks for visiting my journal.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Bill, looking good. I was in Cincy again for 2 weeks and have officially taken more than a month off lifting now and feel crummy to say the least, but I am readying to give Mr. McRobert a shot and try a long cycle of his abbreviated training. I think my kid (prayerfully) has the most of his doctor's visits behind him.
    Anyway, just wanted you to know I thought about you as we crossed the big bridge in Charleston and then again on Sandstone Mountain. Must have been all the big rigs pulling all the heavy weight, haha.
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Ironwill2008 V2.0

Another good session today. Didn't move the numbers much, but the level of my effort to try to do so was was good, so I'm pleased with the way things went. Today's training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    bar x5 W/U
    95x3
    135x3
    185x3
    225x3
    295x2

295x2 Lunge

225x2 backoff set

225x2 backoff set

Barbell Row
    bar x10 W/U
    135x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    225x5

Smith Machine Low Incline Press
    95x10 W/U
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    205x5
    235x3

185x7 backoff set

I was able to complete this session in an hour and ten minutes. I got my double on Lunges, but just barely; they aren't getting any easier yet! Same deal on the backoff set; I reached a double but that was all the gas I had left in the tank.

Once again I stuck with 2 plates for my top set of Rows, and felt every rep right in the middle of my upper back. Trimming 25 pounds off that top set was the right move to make. I'll consider adding some weight back in after deload next week.

I met last week's numbers on the top set of Inclines but was able to add one rep on the subsequent backoff set. These are getting tough, and more work needs done here.

That's all I've got for today. I'll take a rest day tomorrow in preparation for Friday's Romanians, Curls, and Flat Presses.

PWO meal was a plateful of pepper steak and a glass of milk. This is another meal I could probably eat every day.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    Hey Bill, looking good. I was in Cincy again for 2 weeks and have officially taken more than a month off lifting now and feel crummy to say the least, but I am readying to give Mr. McRobert a shot and try a long cycle of his abbreviated training. I think my kid (prayerfully) has the most of his doctor's visits behind him.
    Anyway, just wanted you to know I thought about you as we crossed the big bridge in Charleston and then again on Sandstone Mountain. Must have been all the big rigs pulling all the heavy weight, haha.
    Hello, Todd!

I hope things work out for your son. And it's good to hear that things may be getting back to normal for you so you can train.

That mountain is a tough one. I'd hate to be driving one of those big rigs and have a brake failure.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great looking workout and Meal today Bill, I'm scarfing down some Shredded Chicken thigh meat pwo today with a high fiber tortilla and it wouldn't be complete w/o some shredded cheddar!
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey, Bill. The intensity of this week's training is impressive so far - seems about right as you head towards a deload week. Lot's of highlights in there but that front squat @ 245x6 still stands out. Excellent work.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Great looking workout and Meal today Bill, I'm scarfing down some Shredded Chicken thigh meat pwo today with a high fiber tortilla and it wouldn't be complete w/o some shredded cheddar!
    Thanks, Bruce. I'm inching my way forward,one rep at a time.

We fix a lot of burrito-type meals here too; you can wrap up just about anything in a tortilla, heat it, and it's great.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Hey, Bill. The intensity of this week's training is impressive so far - seems about right as you head towards a deload week. Lot's of highlights in there but that front squat @ 245x6 still stands out. Excellent work.
    Thanks, Mike. I always try to go into the light weeks feeling like I made some sort of solid progress.

Fronts, and Leg Presses too, for that matter, got heavy quick from where I started them just a few weeks ago.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright, serve me up a plate of that pepper steak, or I neg!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Alright, serve me up a plate of that pepper steak, or I neg!
    I'd be happy to, Hoos, but I ate all of it!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Page 283 of 329 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... LastLast