luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luxecashmere has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How did you get your dream abs?

I have the hardest time firming up my lower abs (I've started cutting calories and working out a little harder) and would like to know what has worked other women.

CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I figure it out I'll let you know

gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigglepony will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    abs are made in the kitchen. diet, diet, diet and diet some more
    American Muscle Supply Sponsored Athlete

Princess6682 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Princess6682 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Princess6682 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gigglepony View Post
    abs are made in the kitchen. diet, diet, diet and diet some more
    Diet is key and hanging leg raises really tightened my lower abs!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    note: My abs are only now beiginning to reappear after being in hiding during my mass-gaining phase. But you can check out my pics, I do have 'em.

Like everyone said, it all comes down to diet. I do little to no direct ab work. Once in a great while when I take a group fitness class (rare) because they seem to LOVE doing heaps and loads of ab work for some reason. I credit the muscles in my midsection to heavy (heavy for me, that is!) deadlifts and squats. I think deadlifts have done more to build my core than anything else I've done.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miss.m.8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

i just keep up with my cardio and i keep my eating habits in check. As someone said above, abs ARE made in the kitchen.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weighted ab work for shape, diet for visibility.
    ^_^

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree that diet is important as abs will not show if there is a layer of fat on top. However, the abs have to be developed enough to show as well. For example, I didn't have abs at 70 lbs, but I did at 100 lbs, even though my body fat was higher at 100 lbs (I was emaciated at 70 lbs). I just had a lot more developed muscle at 100 lbs. I realize that is a rather extreme example, but still.

As mentioned above, I think the biggest key for my ab development had been through heavy compound lifts. I'd do ab work too, but never spent much time working abs directly. I mainly just did crunches on stability ball and hanging leg raises. *past tense because I'm pregnant and this doesn't apply at the moment
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

JoFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everyone has abs under all the midsection fat. when you think about what your core does to support your entire upper body without it toppling over it kinda makes sense that those muscles are pretty standard. its just getting rid of the fat on top to see them I have found that constantly tightening my stomach when I am working out- no matter what I am doing, definitely helps. I have also noticed a difference in definition since I have upped my protein intake, I think my muscles were protein deprived because they have more "pop" to them then they did before the protein increase.