Page 271 of 330 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 9897
    rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kaylasmommy View Post
    Thanks ladies for the advice on the headphones. Tried the headphones and things went great. Not only was I able to block out the "noise" but it kinda gave me an extra push while lifting. It was an upper body day so didn't get to try it with squats, will see how that goes tomorrow.
    Great!!

Originally Posted by mariannej5 View Post
    3 weeks into my bulk, it's definitely been hard for me to see myself out on weight but surprisingly I'm okay with it. I've been trying out some great new recipes and loving food more than ever!! Haha. I've also have seen some early strength gains( I've been doing total body workout x3 a week). I know that I've got a long way to go but all you ladies are so motivational and I feel like I can really do this!

It also helps that I just broke up with my boyfriend so I want to wear sweatpants and eat ice cream anyway! Haha

Happy bulking!!
    Hahaha use that as lifting fuel for sure Hope you're okay!

Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    I wish I could hire a trainer for maybe a year to do a guided bulk and then a guided cut so that I'd have more faith in the process rather than just do it on my own
    I'm too poor but once I finish this competition (and after the boyfriend moves in = rent gets cut in half!) then I'm hopping to hire someone so I can get big enough for figure
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yup doing okay! Keeping busy as much as I can! Thanks

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey All....been a little while, I see I have lots to read when I have more than 10 minutes at the computer. 7 weeks post competition now and 4 weeks into my bulk, body is not feeling the love but I know I need to do this to reach my goal of good solid gains to be a physique girl next year.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I posted a while back voicing some typical fears over my first bulk. The bulk was the only option left for me to do but the fear of doing it actually resulted in me falling off the wagon, and avoiding the gym for somewhere inbetween 2-3 months. As you can imagine, in that time I fell into plenty bad habits and started eating a lot... so I've now bulked indiscriminately without training on top of it. So all I've done is gain a bunch of fat. And guess what, I actually feel fine about myself... I've put back on all the weight I spent 6 months losing, and then some more and it's just no big deal. If anything my body shape looks better, I was crazy to think continually losing weight was in any way making me more attractive, just a shame about my current lack of definition. So now I can cut back again and approach a bulk the proper way to finally start on the body I've wanted. I feel liberated and more comfortable with my body than I ever have.

Bulking/cutting cycles are going to be fun! Wouldn't have thought I'd be saying that 4 months ago... !

TrobleyDuckis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool me too

Im starting my first bulking phase too, but for some reason. . i feel outa place on this forum

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrobleyDuckis View Post
    Im starting my first bulking phase too, but for some reason. . i feel outa place on this forum
    Why's that?

liftette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How do you know if you're just getting fat?

I am so discouraged. I started at 5'6 and 113. Granted that was way too skinny. But I still had stubborn belly fat. Nevertheless I decided to bulk. I don't even know what I am now, I'm afraid to weigh myself. I went on a few vacations. I think I am close to 130. My waist is about 28 inches, hips 36.5 and shoulders 39. At least my shoulders are broader than my hips. But I can't stand this feeling of flab on my stomach. I am eating 2100 calories a day. Also I'm a vegetarian but my protein intake via shakes and whatnot is over 150 g. a day. I am so frustrated. I don't know what I should do.

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So vanity is getting the best of me and I just can't continue to bulk through the summer. I am planning on doing a real bulk from September to March/April of next year, during the winter months when I don't have to worry about bikini season. For a short bulk, I think I did okay. Mostly just getting used to the mental thing of eating a ton (around 2700 cal/day) and gaining weight (about 8 pounds in 10 weeks, I'm guessing 3 pounds of that was water weight judging by how quick it went on/came back off). Here is the photographic evidence. I can't believe I weight 4 pounds more than I did 10 months ago and look sooooo much better!

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    So vanity is getting the best of me and I just can't continue to bulk through the summer. I am planning on doing a real bulk from September to March/April of next year, during the winter months when I don't have to worry about bikini season. For a short bulk, I think I did okay. Mostly just getting used to the mental thing of eating a ton (around 2700 cal/day) and gaining weight (about 8 pounds in 10 weeks, I'm guessing 3 pounds of that was water weight judging by how quick it went on/came back off). Here is the photographic evidence. I can't believe I weight 4 pounds more than I did 10 months ago and look sooooo much better!

That 4 pounds made a huge difference! You look fantastic!

kaylasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post

I wish that when I gain I would look better than before
    Congrats to you btw, you look AWESOME

mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by liftette View Post
    I am so discouraged. I started at 5'6 and 113. Granted that was way too skinny. But I still had stubborn belly fat. Nevertheless I decided to bulk. I don't even know what I am now, I'm afraid to weigh myself. I went on a few vacations. I think I am close to 130. My waist is about 28 inches, hips 36.5 and shoulders 39. At least my shoulders are broader than my hips. But I can't stand this feeling of flab on my stomach. I am eating 2100 calories a day. Also I'm a vegetarian but my protein intake via shakes and whatnot is over 150 g. a day. I am so frustrated. I don't know what I should do.
    Hey I come from the same kind of body type as you, underweight and trying to build back some muscle. The hardest thing for me was feeling the flabby stomach! I have some days that are worse than others, but if I know that I am feeling a little bigger on a certain day..I just stay away from the scale! The numbers always throw you off when you are feeling down. Just put in a good day at the gym and remember that IF IT WERE EASY EVERYONE WOULD DO IT!

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Refresh my memory....how long should one wait before upping cals if the scale is not moving? Am I being too impatient if I haven't gained anything in a week?

Briefly, I'm back at the gym after a 5 week break. Back to tracking for a while. I'm around 2800 cals daily. I'm friggin' ravenous, starving all the time and I haven't gained anything since I started up again almost a week ago. I don't want to waste time waiting too long to increase but I also understand that sometimes weight gain won't happen right a way, will put on a few pounds, then nothing, etc. Scale isn't moving = eat MOAR, ya?

Refresh my memory....how long should one wait before upping cals if the scale is not moving? Am I being too impatient if I haven't gained anything in a week?

Briefly, I'm back at the gym after a 5 week break. Back to tracking for a while. I'm around 2800 cals daily. I'm friggin' ravenous, starving all the time and I haven't gained anything since I started up again almost a week ago. I don't want to waste time waiting too long to increase but I also understand that sometimes weight gain won't happen right a way, will put on a few pounds, then nothing, etc. Scale isn't moving = eat MOAR, ya?
    Give it another week I think 2 weeks is usually a good amount of time to rule out other things. But if you're starving on 2800 sounds like you may just need moar!

I am curious how tall are you and how long have you been lifting? Wish I could eat that much. I weigh almost as much as you.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Girl you don't have to get hungry on a bulk, that's not right!!

Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking New here

First I have to say a special thank you to freebirdmac for her endless patience with all my pm questions. Truly, you have really helped me with your guidance. I'm taking your advice and going for it. Thanks too, for helping me understand that I'm already in a good place. Sometimes we are our own worst critics and you helped me get it in my head.

Ok, so I've been slowly bumping cals up. I've gained around 5 lbs in about 4 weeks but sadly I know that most of
    It is water due to the fact the scale goes from 115 to 112 sometimes even though I'm horkin back tons of cals. Trying to actually trust my bodymedia instead of micromanaging it. Anyway, I'll admit the scale moving so quickly makes me a tad nervous but clothes still fit the same so far so I'll take that. Only real "down side" is the bloating. Geez. And I drink a gallon jug of water a day. I don't know how long i will go for, just waitin to see progress. I've been stuck at the same spot for so long. And I really wanna take advantage of "noob gains". So I decided to just get the hell over it and bulk during bikini season haha.
    Sending love and big muscle thoughts to all you ladies!

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    Give it another week I think 2 weeks is usually a good amount of time to rule out other things. But if you're starving on 2800 sounds like you may just need moar!
    Ok, thanks. I know it's only been a week (well....it's really been since end of January with a 5 week break) but I'm starting to panic lol. I just have to remember, if the scale isn't moving I'm not in a surplus so it doesn't matter what I'm eating, just eat more.

I am curious how tall are you and how long have you been lifting? Wish I could eat that much. I weigh almost as much as you.
    5.7 1/2. 33 years old. Been lifting properly since late 2010 (started with easier programs like NROL4W). Apparently my body likes to go against the grain and not just ride the wave of the bell curve.

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Girl you don't have to get hungry on a bulk, that's not right!!
    I'm always hungry. Welcome to my life

I even tidied up my logging of grains. So instead of automatically going by what the package says ie 1/4 cups raw makes 1 cups cooked, I measured it anyway. So oatmeal now instead of scooping out two cooked cups and working backwards to figure out how much raw that should be and logging the raw, I just log the raw as per the package info. Also, instead of logging things like '1 avocado' I'm weighing it instead in case there is some variation. Some veggies I'll still just log by the unit ie 2 green onions.

Originally Posted by Hunnybee324 View Post
    First I have to say a special thank you to freebirdmac for her endless patience with all my pm questions. Truly, you have really helped me with your guidance. I'm taking your advice and going for it. Thanks too, for helping me understand that I'm already in a good place. Sometimes we are our own worst critics and you helped me get it in my head.

Ok, so I've been slowly bumping cals up. I've gained around 5 lbs in about 4 weeks but sadly I know that most of
    It is water due to the fact the scale goes from 115 to 112 sometimes even though I'm horkin back tons of cals. Trying to actually trust my bodymedia instead of micromanaging it. Anyway, I'll admit the scale moving so quickly makes me a tad nervous but clothes still fit the same so far so I'll take that. Only real "down side" is the bloating. Geez. And I drink a gallon jug of water a day. I don't know how long i will go for, just waitin to see progress. I've been stuck at the same spot for so long. And I really wanna take advantage of "noob gains". So I decided to just get the hell over it and bulk during bikini season haha.
    Sending love and big muscle thoughts to all you ladies!
    Welcome! And for real, good for you for just going into the bulk anyway during the summer It'll be SO worth it! (Plus you can eat all the awesome summer foods like hotdogs and hamburgers while I just have to watch)

Ok, thanks. I know it's only been a week (well....it's really been since end of January with a 5 week break) but I'm starting to panic lol. I just have to remember, if the scale isn't moving I'm not in a surplus so it doesn't matter what I'm eating, just eat more.

5.7 1/2. 33 years old. Been lifting properly since late 2010 (started with easier programs like NROL4W). Apparently my body likes to go against the grain and not just ride the wave of the bell curve.

No way I never would have guessed you are 33! You have such a killer bod in your profile pic I woulda thought like 25 or something!

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hunnybee324 View Post
    It is water due to the fact the scale goes from 115 to 112 sometimes even though I'm horkin back tons of cals. Trying to actually trust my bodymedia instead of micromanaging it. Anyway, I'll admit the scale moving so quickly makes me a tad nervous but clothes still fit the same so far so I'll take that. Only real "down side" is the bloating. Geez. And I drink a gallon jug of water a day. I don't know how long i will go for, just waitin to see progress. I've been stuck at the same spot for so long. And I really wanna take advantage of "noob gains".
    I am right along with you on the gaining as I am up about 18lbs over the past 8 weeks. I am hoping that I will hold steady at this weight for a while during my building phase.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

High cortisol, low testosterone

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this. They go hand in hand from what I have heard. I recently had bloodwork done and this is my result. Testosterone is particularly low, practically nonexistent. Does anyone have any tips on what to do to lower cortisol and/or raise testosterone NATURALLY? I cannot take hormones.

Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    Welcome! And for real, good for you for just going into the bulk anyway during the summer It'll be SO worth it! (Plus you can eat all the awesome summer foods like hotdogs and hamburgers while I just have to watch)

No way I never would have guessed you are 33! You have such a killer bod in your profile pic I woulda thought like 25 or something!
    No burgers and weiners for this vegetarian!

I reallllly need to change my profile pic. It's from last fall and I guess it's still up as I try to live the dream of staying lean lol. I'm a lot more jiggly now. And that's ok! (For now lol)

I'm a veg as well. You have some great mass; it's good to know you can bulk up just as well not eating meat!

I'm a veg as well. You have some great mass; it's good to know you can bulk up just as well not eating meat!
    Well thanks but I don't have a lot of mass...that's why I'm bulking As for doing it as a vegetarian, as I've learned here....the actual foods don't matter but the calories/macros do. As long as I'm eating complete proteins it shouldn't matter where they come from as long as I get enough. I'm actually happily surprised that I get enough protein!!!

I reallllly need to change my profile pic. It's from last fall and I guess it's still up as I try to live the dream of staying lean lol. I'm a lot more jiggly now. And that's ok! (For now lol)
    Yes it's def ok! That's the way it goes and it's worth it!

Well thanks but I don't have a lot of mass...that's why I'm bulking As for doing it as a vegetarian, as I've learned here....the actual foods don't matter but the calories/macros do. As long as I'm eating complete proteins it shouldn't matter where they come from as long as I get enough. I'm actually happily surprised that I get enough protein!!!
    I was a veggie for 5 years

Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hunnybee324 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll be honest...I've had a few days in a row that I really was getting discouraged by bulking. The scales been inching upwards and screwing with my mind. I was feeling like a big ole fatty but then yesterday was leg day and my ham curls (that are way behind and I've been struggling with) went up 5 lbs. I mean it felt like nothing. That made me so happy! I was celebrating! Lol. It's the little things. And then I had a real boost to my ego when I was doing yard work in shorts and sports bra (bc it's super duper hot here) the ups man pulled up and asked my husband if I was training for survivor. He said she's in really great shape. That .totally made me
    Rethink the bulking. I mean, who wants to stay the same all the time? It's gonna be so worth it in the end! Beast mode on. Love to you ladies!

Alright so after being back from vacation for two weeks and back to the gym for a week I weighed on Sunday and was 139lbs. I thought it might be a bit of water weight from sucking back a **** load of carbs. But I just weighed myself and I'm still 139lbs. So the weight stuck, right?!? So that's a 9lb gain since the end of Jan. 6 lbs over like three months and 3 lbs in about two weeks. Not sure if that even makes much sense but I'll take it.

Bloating is the devil....That is all. Lol

Sorry two posts in one day but I have a question. Say you've been eating at maintenance for a while and your weights and reps go up here and there and then you decide to bulk. How quickly should one expect weights and reps to progress? I know that it's probably different for everyone but what would
    You guys say is a reasonable amount? Bc I have upped cals and am seeing scale weight go up but not just a ton of progression in lifting and some
    Days barely any at all. Is it a calorie issue? Or what?

faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First time lean bulking and my weights and reps have gone up but not my actual body weight. So should I up the cals? I feel like I will hit a plateau soon

Have all you ladies quit bulking?

Page 271 of 330 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast