Page 256 of 330 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 9897
    megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All my coach's guys freaked out when Hostess went under because half a box of Twinkies a day was a staple in their bulking diet. There is only so much nutritious food that you can eat and stay sane on a bulk. Eating on a bulk is a chore and can suck at times. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Now is the time to relax the diet (and your belt buckle) and really enjoy food because believe me, you wish you would have when you get back to cutting.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cdcuaap View Post
    Hey everyone, it's my first time to post here.

I've been reading through this thread for a long time now and I really feel motivated. I have a question and anyone feel free to answer/share a suggestion.

What do you eat to ensure you meet your daily calorie intake? I'm scared of eating high-calorie food from pastas, bread and rice and end up having a belly fat. What high-calorie foods worked for you that helped you gain mass and not fat?
    Eating at a smaller surplus will minimise fat gains. As to what you eat, it makes no difference to your results so long as you are getting adequate protein, fat and micronutrients.

That said, you may find it psychologically easier to eat enough if you primarily eat whole foods rather than processed, and the additional micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) will of course be beneficial to your overall health. It may also be easier on your stomach, especially if you have been used to eating considerably less. Another benefit is that it makes moving to a cutting diet less of a challenge for some people, as they can simply eat less of the same foods rather than cutting out 'junk'. But these are not issues which will change how much muscle vs fat you gain.

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Try ditching "perfect form" on a few eccentric moves like lat pull down and DB rows and just get the weight up any way possible, then focus on a slow slow slow negative with lots of squeezing just under the armpit. This is where a spotter could be helpful to help pull that bar down those last few inches and then give you the reigns.
    Originally Posted by JessPeth View Post
    ahhh, ok...clever that sounds very good, I will definitely try this
    There is one of the girls on my team that like today, gets very frustrated and angry because she does not feel it in her back. I have to keep reminding her it is not about the amount of weight you are pulling, it is about the intensity you are putting into that pull, no matter what the weight is. Lighten the load for a little while and focus on on your lats and feeling it the exercise, you will know when you are hitting them right. When you feel it and made the memory memorization, then increase your weight.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I've been keeping up with it, and I was hoping that someone might give me some feedback on my lifts. I'm a novice running Starting Strength on a bulk, and would love any advice whatsoever--I've never been trained or critiqued before, so anything will help.

Thanks

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151518253
    46kg snatch | 62kg c&j
    205lb bsqt | 171lb fsqt

What is bench.

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just wanted to share that I am totally loving my energy levels and gym performance with this many calories. It is really wonderful! I feel great!! I have been loading up on post-workout carbs and am having none of the recovery issues that I used to have. Yay for food!
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by amiaow View Post
    Just wanted to share that I am totally loving my energy levels and gym performance with this many calories. It is really wonderful! I feel great!! I have been loading up on post-workout carbs and am having none of the recovery issues that I used to have. Yay for food!
    I'm impressed with how quickly I'm recovering! Food is awesome.
    not sure if female miscer or troll

pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey...

It's been a while....
    I'm currently bulking sitting at 131 as of right now.....

When I began my first bulk September 2011 I was about 114....

Ill put up before and current pics up soon... I'm looking to bulk until march ... And then slowlyyyyyy cut... .5 lb a week if that.
    "you know i went to the gym today and felt like i was the only one even lifting"

http://curlsareforgirls.blogspot.com/

pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10) pisppour is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^^^
    was forced to make another accnt... pattycake9 was inactive.

progress pics

first pic sept 2011
    last dec 2012
    Attached Images

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by amiaow View Post
    mmmmmmm calories
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pisppour View Post
    ^^^^

progress pics

first pic sept 2011
    last dec 2012
    Nice progress!
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullOfWit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I read through the first few pages of the thread. I started actively bulking 2-3 weeks ago. My energy is way up from where it was (set a new PR in running, and this is after a ~2 month hiatus from xc), I'm sleeping better, and my lifting volume capacity has gone up. I'm setting PRs just about every time I step into the gym. Worth dealing with the "abs going away at night" phenomenon? I think so.

Tctee376 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My energy level has been steadily increasing and I love it! I was actually able to increase my weight on skull crushers from 20 lbs-30 lbs and tricep kickbacks from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I have been stuck at the same weight for months! It may be light but is sure heavy for me. Also, does everyone here do cardio while bulking or is it personal preference? I do it 4 times a week for 20 minutes and wasn't sure if I should stop while bulking.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pattycake9 View Post
    Hey...

It's been a while....
    I'm currently bulking sitting at 131 as of right now.....

When I began my first bulk September 2011 I was about 114....

Ill put up before and current pics up soon... I'm looking to bulk until march ... And then slowlyyyyyy cut... .5 lb a week if that.
    You look great! Nice arms and abs!

Now your slow cut... 5 lbs a week is NOT slow and is way too fast! Was this a typo?
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pisppour View Post
    ^^^^

progress pics

first pic sept 2011
    last dec 2012
    Excellent progress!!!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm so glad to see so many new faces and with everyone seeing energy increases, lift increases, and few concerns about a bit of fluff

Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000)
    I LOVE BULKING!!!!

I am so impressed with how quickly my body is recovering and advancing. Wow.

I'm cooking now to take food with me to work. Gotta keep up those cals!
    not sure if female miscer or troll

JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessPeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, ok thanks sglgirl, and pisppour great progress!

amiaow, Neezaa, and Tctee376 totally agree!

Excited, tomorrow it's my mums birthday and on sunday it's my sister, so there will we FOOD! and I'm going to enjoy myself, this will then also hopefully help with my leg session on monday (haha that's going to be epic) Bulking is going FANTASTIC so far, energy levels are through the roof!!

Happy days! Shohoo

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hit 115 today, though it could have been 114.5. Stupid scale at the gym just sucks and is so hard to tell when it levels. This is the weight I stopped bulking at in July so I am entering into unchartered territory from here on out. I haven't weighed this much since before I got pregnant with my son - even then the most I weighed was 118 while not pregnant. And I'm still squeezing into some size 0s. Aint no way I could wear a 0 when I weighed 115 eight years ago!! It's a good feeling. Workouts have been great and with the exception of the minor freakout and totally feeling disgusting at the beginning of last week, I feel thin for the most part. My boobs are really looking nice for the first time in a long time and I'm gonna enjoy them while they are here because I'm sure as soon as I cut, they will be the first to go LOL I seem to be holding a lot of weight in my lower back and love handle area, maybe a small little pooch in my lower abs but when I try to look at these things objectively, it's really not bad considering I've gained 10 pounds or so in 14 weeks; can still see vague outlines of my upper abs. Goes to show that gaining 10 pounds while bulking is a lot different than gaining 10 pounds of fat. I'm really happy with my progress and can tell this time around will be a lot more successful than my last bulk. I know I still have a long way to go to get where I want, but I feel like I'm finally on the right path!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

*Apple* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Apple* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, all. This is my first post here. I started trying to bulk, a few weeks ago. Things have been a little challenging for me because I was loosing weight, instead of putting on. It was very disappointing. I realized that I needed to up my calories by another 500, since I am breastfeeding. Ever since upping my calories last week, I'm finally starting to see some major change and muscles growing. It's so exciting, especially since I know I've been busting my @ss at the gym and lifting heavy. I'm hoping to try out creatine, but still doing my research to see if it is safe for breastfeeding women. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself and say hello. I'm on page 18 of this thread and trying to soak up as much information as I can.

mgonzalez777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I was accidently bulking with out knowing it! Until I found this thread.... In need of advice on how to bulk properly I guess with out adding too much "fat"
    Im currently 123 5"4' with 19% BF (last I checked which was Nov '12)
    4 weeks ago I started my heavy lifting, clean eating, with the occasional treat measl 80:20 ratio, no cardio, eating 6-8 small meals a day, trying to hit 1700 cal (which now I think is too small of a number) While on motivational blogs and Instagrams I would see people with noticable changes in thier stomach just after 1-3 weeks of clean eating. I was seeing my stomach pop out and the little muscle definition I had prior to starting this was gone. I became to feel defeated and just want to give up.
    Any advise to help me bulk properly? And then to transition into cutting correctly? Or to get this bloating to go away?

Originally Posted by mgonzalez777 View Post
    I think I was accidently bulking with out knowing it! Until I found this thread.... In need of advice on how to bulk properly I guess with out adding too much "fat"
    Im currently 123 5"4' with 19% BF (last I checked which was Nov '12)
    4 weeks ago I started my heavy lifting, clean eating, with the occasional treat measl 80:20 ratio, no cardio, eating 6-8 small meals a day, trying to hit 1700 cal (which now I think is too small of a number) While on motivational blogs and Instagrams I would see people with noticable changes in thier stomach just after 1-3 weeks of clean eating. I was seeing my stomach pop out and the little muscle definition I had prior to starting this was gone. I became to feel defeated and just want to give up.
    Any advise to help me bulk properly? And then to transition into cutting correctly? Or to get this bloating to go away?
    1700 is way too low. My guess is you experienced bloat from upping your calories from lower levels. Typical when increasing carbs and it eases up. Eating clean means nothing. I don't know how old you are but your maintenance is going to be around 2100. That means bulking would happen at 2350. If you have been eating less than 1700 for a long time, you need to work on adjusting your body to 2100 first. Once adjusted, weight gain should stop and you should start to see signs of looking leaner but more muscular.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    1700 is way too low. My guess is you experienced bloat from upping your calories from lower levels. Typical when increasing carbs and it eases up. Eating clean means nothing. I don't know how old you are but your maintenance is going to be around 2100. That means bulking would happen at 2350. If you have been eating less than 1700 for a long time, you need to work on adjusting your body to 2100 first. Once adjusted, weight gain should stop and you should start to see signs of looking leaner but more muscular.
    Freebirdmac thank you for the info, I'm definitely new to all this. And doing some research I'm 24. Looking to gain muscle mass. Would you recommend. Bulking for some one like myself? Do you keep carbs and protein intake the same?

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Eating at a smaller surplus will minimise fat gains. As to what you eat, it makes no difference to your results so long as you are getting adequate protein, fat and micronutrients.

That said, you may find it psychologically easier to eat enough if you primarily eat whole foods rather than processed, and the additional micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) will of course be beneficial to your overall health. It may also be easier on your stomach, especially if you have been used to eating considerably less. Another benefit is that it makes moving to a cutting diet less of a challenge for some people, as they can simply eat less of the same foods rather than cutting out 'junk'. But these are not issues which will change how much muscle vs fat you gain.
    While bulking? Are fruits ok to eat with all its sugar content? Sorry if this is stupid. New to bulking and trying to figure it out

Freebirdmac thank you for the info, I'm definitely new to all this. And doing some research I'm 24. Looking to gain muscle mass. Would you recommend. Bulking for some one like myself? Do you keep carbs and protein intake the same?
    Protein only needs to be 1g per pound of lean body weight. More is fine but no need to go crazy. Carbs will probably be around 200+. You get to play around and see what works for you in terms of gym performance and recovery.

While bulking? Are fruits ok to eat with all its sugar content? Sorry if this is stupid. New to bulking and trying to figure it out
    Everything is fine to eat. For that matter fruit is fine when leaning out.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Came across this today. Layne Norton explains IIFYM http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...s-your-macros/
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Protein only needs to be 1g per pound of lean body weight. More is fine but no need to go crazy. Carbs will probably be around 200+. You get to play around and see what works for you in terms of gym performance and recovery.

Everything is fine to eat. For that matter fruit is fine when leaning out.

Thank you! Again I appologize if my question is dumb or repetitive.. I've been reading through the pages. And this is what I needed. I think because I don't have a lot of fat on me already and I didn't know about eating a cal surplus I wasn't going anywhere and only seeing subtle changes. Def seeing the number of my weights go up. So that's motivating.
    However. Have you had anyone who bulked for sometime but then once cutting noticed that nothing had come off the bulking?
    I guess my fear is eating all these calories and then having no results?
    Also, I'm afraid I won't be getting my full 2200-2300 calories and then the bulk nor working I may be thinking way to much. But just trying to gain some insight.

Oh and do you recommend cardio?

Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    All my coach's guys freaked out when Hostess went under because half a box of Twinkies a day was a staple in their bulking diet. There is only so much nutritious food that you can eat and stay sane on a bulk. Eating on a bulk is a chore and can suck at times. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Now is the time to relax the diet (and your belt buckle) and really enjoy food because believe me, you wish you would have when you get back to cutting.
    This is sort of off-topic...but GREAT back! Really motivational

Anyway, as for me, I'm relatively new to BB and personally what I've been doing is eating at maintenance calories on off days and 200 extra cals on workout days. I am ensuring my macros are what they should be, however. I think it's because I have very little body fat to begin with and I'm still new to lifting but I'm already seeing a dramatic tone-up, growth in muscle mass (I'm serious! I can hardly believe it!) and reduction of fat (using calipers to determine the latter).

I've read that beginners may experience this dual muscle-gain and fat-loss for a short period initially as their muscles aren't used to it, though I haven't verified whether this is broscience. It's what I am experiencing right now however. I recently started the New Rules of Lifting for women program too, after a few weeks of doing the beginner's women machine workout routine here on BB. When I see progress slowing down, I will go on an official, serious bulk. This is just what has been working for me so far, I know it won't last for much longer lol.

Thank you! Again I appologize if my question is dumb or repetitive.. I've been reading through the pages. And this is what I needed. I think because I don't have a lot of fat on me already and I didn't know about eating a cal surplus I wasn't going anywhere and only seeing subtle changes. Def seeing the number of my weights go up. So that's motivating.
    However. Have you had anyone who bulked for sometime but then once cutting noticed that nothing had come off the bulking?
    I guess my fear is eating all these calories and then having no results?
    Also, I'm afraid I won't be getting my full 2200-2300 calories and then the bulk nor working I may be thinking way to much. But just trying to gain some insight.

Oh and do you recommend cardio?
    You maximize your results by eating 250 over maintenance. That should be your goal. And no, I don't know of anyone who couldn't lean out. There's nothing about bulking that prevents leaning out. It's usually the opposite. After a bulk it's easier to lean out and often times takes fewer pounds than originally thought.

Cardio is ok as long as you don't go crazy. Active recovery type cardio like walking or low intensity/steady state can help with leg soreness. You can skip it entirely or do a bit here and there. I personally haven't done cardio in years.

Originally Posted by Cinabun View Post
    This is sort of off-topic...but GREAT back! Really motivational

Anyway, as for me, I'm relatively new to BB and personally what I've been doing is eating at maintenance calories on off days and 200 extra cals on workout days. I am ensuring my macros are what they should be, however. I think it's because I have very little body fat to begin with and I'm still new to lifting but I'm already seeing a dramatic tone-up, growth in muscle mass (I'm serious! I can hardly believe it!) and reduction of fat (using calipers to determine the latter).

I've read that beginners may experience this dual muscle-gain and fat-loss for a short period initially as their muscles aren't used to it, though I haven't verified whether this is broscience. It's what I am experiencing right now however. I recently started the New Rules of Lifting for women program too, after a few weeks of doing the beginner's women machine workout routine here on BB. When I see progress slowing down, I will go on an official, serious bulk. This is just what has been working for me so far, I know it won't last for much longer lol.
    If you are losing fat then you are not eating at bulking calories. You can recomposition at maintenance and slightly below. You're correct that a newbie will always see better results but that also holds true for bulking. If you up your calories to where you're not leaning out your muscle growth will increase. That's not something to take lightly. Losing fat is the same, newbie or not. That is not true for gaining muscle mass. It's hard enough as newbie but it does take even longer to see results after the newbie stage. Take full advantage! Do a bulk now and maximize those gains while you have newbie abilities!

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think bulking has been a great decision so far. Despite having s bmi which is slightly overweight I can still see a hint of my abs. Making me excited about cutting and seeing how many pounds of muscle you gained.

A question for those who have bulked how many pounds heavier were you after a bulk and cut cycle

I really want to start the bulking cycle. However, I have an event end of march that I would like to look the best I can with only two month left. Is it smart to bulk for the month of February and cut in march? Attempt to bulk through feb/mar and just forget about my event. Or begin bulking after my event and just eat at maintenece and continue lifting heavy until post event?

For those who have bulked, how long does your bulk phase last?

Page 256 of 330 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 ... LastLast