Page 257 of 330 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 9897
    megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mgonzalez777 View Post
    Thank you! Again I appologize if my question is dumb or repetitive.. I've been reading through the pages. And this is what I needed. I think because I don't have a lot of fat on me already and I didn't know about eating a cal surplus I wasn't going anywhere and only seeing subtle changes. Def seeing the number of my weights go up. So that's motivating.
    However. Have you had anyone who bulked for sometime but then once cutting noticed that nothing had come off the bulking?
    I guess my fear is eating all these calories and then having no results?
    Also, I'm afraid I won't be getting my full 2200-2300 calories and then the bulk nor working I may be thinking way to much. But just trying to gain some insight.

Oh and do you recommend cardio?
    I believe Dani has (and a few others ). It was more of a function of not bulking long enough rather than not making the gains that they should have. They were making the gains.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you had anyone who bulked for sometime but then once cutting noticed that nothing had come off the bulking?
    Do you mean not being able to get rid of the fat or do you mean that you didn't make any gains from the bulk?

I was able to lean out fine after my bulk. I was still holding fat in my lower back and legs but I think if I'd have kept cutting, I would have started to lean out in those places; I was starting to see changes in my legs. It's just that I hold most of my fat there so that's the last place it was coming off. And I was starting to lose strength and was starting to feel relatively crappy on a diet so I bagged the cut a couple weeks before I'd planned. Losing two more pounds wasn't going to make really any difference in the long run, and I knew going back to bulking would be more beneficial.

But if you mean not seeing muscle gains as a result of the bulk, I wouldn't say I saw no results. I sure made muscle gains but I think I experienced several things causing my results to not be as good as they could have. I was eating at maintenance for 3 months and stubbornly not raising my calories even though I wasn't gaining. Then when I got over that, it took a while for me to find the right calorie level. I think I underate/over-cardioed for so long and I think it took my body some time to adjust. And by then, I don't really think I truly bulked for long enough. I was pretty disappointed when I cut. Part of the reason I wasn't happy with how I looked at that point was because I just didn't make the gains I wanted and the gains I thought I made. I also wouldn't say I half-assed it in the gym entirely, but I now know I didn't push as hard on my upper body as I should have. Plus I didn't follow a program, not that following a program is a necessity but I think in hindsight, what I was doing was just not good enough to spark growth. I just wasn't working out smart.

Not that the bulk was an epic fail. Quite the opposite. I did make some gains even though it wasn't what I wanted, it got me over the fear of eating and gaining weight and seeing the scale go up. I went through a cut cycle so I know I can lose fat without cardio-ing myself to death - and gave me the drive and determination to do it better this time. When I realized I didn't make the progress on my upper body, it caused me to re-evaluate what I did and I've now realized I'm stronger than I thought. It was a learning experience and I can't look at it as being unsuccessful. And I hope my story will save others from making the same mistakes.

I really want to start the bulking cycle. However, I have an event end of march that I would like to look the best I can with only two month left. Is it smart to bulk for the month of February and cut in march? Attempt to bulk through feb/mar and just forget about my event. Or begin bulking after my event and just eat at maintenece and continue lifting heavy until post event?

For those who have bulked, how long does your bulk phase last?
    It's not smart to bulk for only a month and then cut. You won't make any appreciable gains in that amount of time. I think you should start bulking now. You won't gain so much weight between now and then that you won't still look good for your event. You should bulk for at least 6 months for it to be beneficial. But you should go for as long as you can stand it.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Came across this today. Layne Norton explains IIFYM http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...s-your-macros/
    Great video megdaig!

Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000) Neezaa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ohh, that is a great video!

LOL @ him saying "that's nonsense" a few times. Love it.

Btw, I'm sort of jelly of all the <5'5 women in here... 115 seems so much closer than 130+!
    not sure if female miscer or troll

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Do you mean not being able to get rid of the fat or do you mean that you didn't make any gains from the bulk?

I was able to lean out fine after my bulk. I was still holding fat in my lower back and legs but I think if I'd have kept cutting, I would have started to lean out in those places; I was starting to see changes in my legs. It's just that I hold most of my fat there so that's the last place it was coming off. And I was starting to lose strength and was starting to feel relatively crappy on a diet so I bagged the cut a couple weeks before I'd planned. Losing two more pounds wasn't going to make really any difference in the long run, and I knew going back to bulking would be more beneficial.

But if you mean not seeing muscle gains as a result of the bulk, I wouldn't say I saw no results. I sure made muscle gains but I think I experienced several things causing my results to not be as good as they could have. I was eating at maintenance for 3 months and stubbornly not raising my calories even though I wasn't gaining. Then when I got over that, it took a while for me to find the right calorie level. I think I underate/over-cardioed for so long and I think it took my body some time to adjust. And by then, I don't really think I truly bulked for long enough. I was pretty disappointed when I cut. Part of the reason I wasn't happy with how I looked at that point was because I just didn't make the gains I wanted and the gains I thought I made. I also wouldn't say I half-assed it in the gym entirely, but I now know I didn't push as hard on my upper body as I should have. Plus I didn't follow a program, not that following a program is a necessity but I think in hindsight, what I was doing was just not good enough to spark growth. I just wasn't working out smart.

Not that the bulk was an epic fail. Quite the opposite. I did make some gains even though it wasn't what I wanted, it got me over the fear of eating and gaining weight and seeing the scale go up. I went through a cut cycle so I know I can lose fat without cardio-ing myself to death - and gave me the drive and determination to do it better this time. When I realized I didn't make the progress on my upper body, it caused me to re-evaluate what I did and I've now realized I'm stronger than I thought. It was a learning experience and I can't look at it as being unsuccessful. And I hope my story will save others from making the same mistakes.
    Bravo...well said and very inspirational.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    Bravo...well said and very inspirational.
    Thank you!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

mgonzalez777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's not smart to bulk for only a month and then cut. You won't make any appreciable gains in that amount of time. I think you should start bulking now. You won't gain so much weight between now and then that you won't still look good for your event. You should bulk for at least 6 months for it to be beneficial. But you should go for as long as you can stand it.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!!! Im going to take you're advise and bulk now and stick with it for a few months. I'm on day two of bulking. Counting calories to make sure I meet my cals. Trying not to be afraid of carbs like all the fad diets made me think. Did you watch you're fats intake much? And aside from cheats did you try and bulk on wholesome foods?
    To clarify my first question, I guess I meant like if anyone's bulk phase had been a fail. As if they had bulked for x amount of time and once they began cutting saw no results?

Any recommendations for empty calories to take in when you have room? For example yesterday I had gone over my fats but I still had room to take in calories. The only reason I'm counting is to know what 2300 cals look like. I def need to get out my old mindset of low calories. Thanks again Dani!!

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you've met your macros for the day you can fill the calorie gap with whatever you like. I aim to meet my protein & fats and then fill the rest with carbs because it turns out I do really well on lots of carbs. Icecream for dessert every day is pretty awesome too!
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you so much for sharing this with me!!! Im going to take you're advise and bulk now and stick with it for a few months. I'm on day two of bulking. Counting calories to make sure I meet my cals. Trying not to be afraid of carbs like all the fad diets made me think. Did you watch you're fats intake much? And aside from cheats did you try and bulk on wholesome foods?
    To clarify my first question, I guess I meant like if anyone's bulk phase had been a fail. As if they had bulked for x amount of time and once they began cutting saw no results?

Any recommendations for empty calories to take in when you have room? For example yesterday I had gone over my fats but I still had room to take in calories. The only reason I'm counting is to know what 2300 cals look like. I def need to get out my old mindset of low calories. Thanks again Dani!!
    Went over your fats? Wrong bulking thinking

firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When bulking, is it highly likely for most people they will see a big weight gain in the first week which is simply water/bloating? So, those that do should consider weight gain only FROM this point as our 'bulking' gain?
    Last edited by firely; 02-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by firely View Post
    When bulking, is it highly likely for most people they will see a big weight gain in the first week which is simply water/bloating? So, those that do should consider weight gain only FROM this point as our 'bulking' gain?
    That can easily happen. No matter what the case is, you need to look at results over several weeks. Any initial bloating will ease up. At the end of your bulk it's starting weight versus ending weight from day 1 to last day.

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi all! I haven't been here in a while. I started my own journal and have been updating progress there. Right now... all I can say is whaaaaaaaa!!! Can I whine for a minute? I have nothing to wear and it's getting to me. I've been bulking since the end of July, I'm up 25lbs, and I've been sitting at 150lbs for a few weeks now. Yes, I did gain more/faster than I intended but I wanted to make sure I was giving myself ample calories to gain as much mass as possible. I was also enjoying the food! Anyhoo... I have 1 week left of this bulk then we leave on Saturday for Disney. The cut starts as soon as I get back. I KNOW I made some amazing progress over the course of the last 7+ months. I have never been this strong or felt this "thick" in my life. I'm excited to see what's under here. I figure I'll need to lose about 20lbs in the next several months to reach 130lbs for my competition in July. I'm going to take some end-of-bulk pictures here soon... scared to post them.

... welcome new bulkers!! Stick with it... sometimes it sucks but it's so worth it!

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Went over your fats? Wrong bulking thinking
    I probably am. But Im trying to learn and do research, this forum alone has soo much information 257 pages worth of comments. I see most people talk about meeting your 200g plus carbs. 1-1.5g for protein. But not much info on Fats. Truth be told Im just wondering if there is a difference between Bulking and eating to gain weight/fat. I see the point of the carb intake to build strenght when weight traning. But is the bulking phase meant to be done by consuming wholesome foods, with the occasional/often "cheat meals" as some refer it too?

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by amiaow View Post
    If you've met your macros for the day you can fill the calorie gap with whatever you like. I aim to meet my protein & fats and then fill the rest with carbs because it turns out I do really well on lots of carbs. Icecream for dessert every day is pretty awesome too!
    This might be a dumb question, but this calorie gap has always confused me - when I meet my macros, that gets me to exactly the calories I need, and I never have extra calories left over to do something with. Is the gap because you only made protein and fat requirements, and no carb requirement, so after you hit f & p you just eat til you hit your cals by using carbs (aka what ends up being your carb requirement anyway?) I guess what I'm asking is if you worked out your carb requirement, would that be the exact same thing as if you were to eat your fats & proteins, then eat the rest in carbs? That's the only thing I can think of. I also always felt like my fat & protein numbers weren't something I should go over, like a max rather than a minimum, so I eat to them pretty exactly, but correct me if I'm wrong!
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but this calorie gap has always confused me - when I meet my macros, that gets me to exactly the calories I need, and I never have extra calories left over to do something with. Is the gap because you only made protein and fat requirements, and no carb requirement, so after you hit f & p you just eat til you hit your cals by using carbs (aka what ends up being your carb requirement anyway?) I guess what I'm asking is if you worked out your carb requirement, would that be the exact same thing as if you were to eat your fats & proteins, then eat the rest in carbs? That's the only thing I can think of. I also always felt like my fat & protein numbers weren't something I should go over, like a max rather than a minimum, so I eat to them pretty exactly, but correct me if I'm wrong!
    I would put emphasis on protein, fat, and fiber (a minimum of 25g) content. Once those are met, eat whatever you want. Just avoid completely nixing all of your healthy carbs like whole grains and such just to make room for sweets and treats. Get enough whole grain carb sources in to meet most of your goal and then relax it a bit.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My understanding is you need a minimum amount of fat and protein which is based on your weight, for timbal body function and muscle growth/repair. The rest can be anything. More fat, more protein, or carbs. Certain lifestyles will require a more carb heavy balance (anyone very active for example). Otherwise you fill it how you like.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I probably am. But Im trying to learn and do research, this forum alone has soo much information 257 pages worth of comments. I see most people talk about meeting your 200g plus carbs. 1-1.5g for protein. But not much info on Fats. Truth be told Im just wondering if there is a difference between Bulking and eating to gain weight/fat. I see the point of the carb intake to build strenght when weight traning. But is the bulking phase meant to be done by consuming wholesome foods, with the occasional/often "cheat meals" as some refer it too?
    Gaining weight as in just getting fat? If so, then yes, with bulking the aim is to gain strength/muscle and fat of course comes with it. It's more like a controlled weight gain, since you have total control over how much you eat as opposed to just stuffing yourself with food. It is very important to lift heavy too. There's many ways to do a bulk but the general idea of it is to eat above your maintenance calories. you can eat whatever you want as long as you meet your macros. You can bulk with Mcdonalds, ice cream, etc. if you want but healthy foods are better since they contain micros which is beneficial for us. Personally I follow a 80/20 rule of healthy/junk foods

Yes. The protein and fat req's are minimum, and after you've met them you can pretty much fill the rest with whatever. You can have more p&f if you like but carbs of course are ideal because of the energy it gives esp. in the gym
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    Gaining weight as in just getting fat? If so, then yes, with bulking the aim is to gain strength/muscle and fat of course comes with it. It's more like a controlled weight gain, since you have total control over how much you eat as opposed to just stuffing yourself with food. It is very important to lift heavy too. There's many ways to do a bulk but the general idea of it is to eat above your maintenance calories. you can eat whatever you want as long as you meet your macros. You can bulk with Mcdonalds, ice cream, etc. if you want but healthy foods are better since they contain micros which is beneficial for us. Personally I follow a 80/20 rule of healthy/junk foods

Yes. The protein and fat req's are minimum, and after you've met them you can pretty much fill the rest with whatever. You can have more p&f if you like but carbs of course are ideal because of the energy it gives esp. in the gym
    Thank you so much for the clarification! I was under the assumption that the protiens and fats were a max. So when I met my fats but still had some calories to work with I wasnt sure what to do with.

Reading through the pages on this forum, Ive come across a few people who have bulked after doing a competition. Would you reccomend bulking to someone like myself, not new to lifting heavier (or attempting to) but I def. am not "cut" like some of the Pre-bulk photos posted on here.

Thanks for any help

Thank you so much for the clarification! I was under the assumption that the protiens and fats were a max. So when I met my fats but still had some calories to work with I wasnt sure what to do with.

Reading through the pages on this forum, Ive come across a few people who have bulked after doing a competition. Would you reccomend bulking to someone like myself, not new to lifting heavier (or attempting to) but I def. am not "cut" like some of the Pre-bulk photos posted on here.

Thanks for any help
    There are plenty of us who have not competed and some that have no intention to. And really, you have to bulk before you compete anyway. Bulking isn't just for people who compete or are off competition. I certainly was not competition cut when I started bulking.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

There are plenty of us who have not competed and some that have no intention to. And really, you have to bulk before you compete anyway. Bulking isn't just for people who compete or are off competition. I certainly was not competition cut when I started bulking.
    Phew** this makes me feel better about it, some of these before pictures just seem as if they were competitors!

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would put emphasis on protein, fat, and fiber (a minimum of 25g) content. Once those are met, eat whatever you want. Just avoid completely nixing all of your healthy carbs like whole grains and such just to make room for sweets and treats. Get enough whole grain carb sources in to meet most of your goal and then relax it a bit.
    Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    My understanding is you need a minimum amount of fat and protein which is based on your weight, for timbal body function and muscle growth/repair. The rest can be anything. More fat, more protein, or carbs. Certain lifestyles will require a more carb heavy balance (anyone very active for example). Otherwise you fill it how you like.
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post

Thanks for all your responses! This clears things up for me So then the nutrition sticky about calculating your macros would be for minimums, I see. I guess the reason that always tripped me up is because the protein that sticky had me eating ended up being around 165 g, and after the fact my mentor told me to aim for 90-110 because the 165 was way too high!

Right now I'm at 110 g protein, 73 g fat, and 275 carbs. Should I adjust this now, so that my protein and fats are minimum numbers (rather than those to fit 2200 cal + my 275 g carbs)? If so, would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as to what my macros might be better of as?

Thanks for all your responses! This clears things up for me So then the nutrition sticky about calculating your macros would be for minimums, I see. I guess the reason that always tripped me up is because the protein that sticky had me eating ended up being around 165 g, and after the fact my mentor told me to aim for 90-110 because the 165 was way too high!

Right now I'm at 110 g protein, 73 g fat, and 275 carbs. Should I adjust this now, so that my protein and fats are minimum numbers (rather than those to fit 2200 cal + my 275 g carbs)? If so, would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as to what my macros might be better of as?
    Although you are petite, I would increase protein a bit. Eat enough protein for your target lean body mass or your target weight.

Although you are petite, I would increase protein a bit. Eat enough protein for your target lean body mass or your target weight.
    Yeah I felt like it was a bit low. I feel like the 130 range would be better! Do my fats look okay? Is that also a bit low?

Yeah I felt like it was a bit low. I feel like the 130 range would be better! Do my fats look okay? Is that also a bit low?
    Fats look fine. 130 for proteins sounds excellent.

Do many of you take creatine during your bulk? If so, do you fallowing the loading phase first?

lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do many of you take creatine during your bulk? If so, do you fallowing the loading phase first?
    Yep, and I've taken it while cutting too. If you're using monohydrate, yes u should load. Hydrochloride does not require loading.
    Wasn't on here for awhile…. had my son in October of 2013 and now I'm back!!!!

sarahrammfit.wordpress.com
    instagram @sarahramm

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes.

No to loading.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Fats look fine. 130 for proteins sounds excellent.
    Awesome Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Yes.

No to loading.
    How many grams were you consuming?

Originally Posted by lilramm View Post
    Yep, and I've taken it while cutting too. If you're using monohydrate, yes u should load. Hydrochloride does not require loading.
    What amounts were you consuming while Bulking? And did it stay the same or decrease when you began to cut? Did you see much of the bloat effect?

Page 257 of 330 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 ... LastLast