Page 251 of 330 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,530 of 9897
    sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by twinklebeef View Post
    sounds exhausting.
    how would you do a rev pec dec? sounds interesting.
    on its own that is...not sup'rd with the front raise
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...-machine-flyes
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As soon as I saw 'machine flyes' I understood
    I checked the link to double check...I was thinking of a machine I had only glanced at in my gym and got confuzzled. Whoops.
    Thanks for that
    Dont reward ur self with food, ur not a dog

Insanity: doing the same thing over again and expecting different results...
    (So change it up)

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How come the pants that I wore when I was heavier (before lifting) don't fit now? Is it because you can tuck fat in so you can make it fit??????
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    How come the pants that I wore when I was heavier (before lifting) don't fit now? Is it because you can tuck fat in so you can make it fit??????
    Define fit...

I find that as I gain weight (store fat on quads) that I can rarely get pants past my knees much less my thighs regardless if the waist is large enough. Even when cutting I needed a 0 to 00 waist but they do not make the legs wide enough.

Are you muffin-topping? Badunk-a-dunk too big?
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, so first time attempting 5 sets of 5...and I realise I'm not ready.
    Today was squat and back. Started out too light with the squats, which actually made me feel good, upped the weights and then again and my right leg started 'buckling' in. Disappointing, also found that I wasn't able to do a deep enough squat.
    Had my partner there demanding MORE so i did 10 reps at 50kg.

I'm thinking I should maintain at 50kg and focus on keeping my legs right and squatting lower? So I can aim for 5/6 reps
    Alternatively I could just knock it down to 42kg (my next step down) and aim for higher reps/better form till my weaker leg can catch up?

Thoughts?

(So change it up)

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep. Fat is squishier

Ok, so first time attempting 5 sets of 5...and I realise I'm not ready.
    Today was squat and back. Started out too light with the squats, which actually made me feel good, upped the weights and then again and my right leg started 'buckling' in. Disappointing, also found that I wasn't able to do a deep enough squat.
    Had my partner there demanding MORE so i did 10 reps at 50kg.

I'm thinking I should maintain at 50kg and focus on keeping my legs right and squatting lower? So I can aim for 5/6 reps
    Alternatively I could just knock it down to 42kg (my next step down) and aim for higher reps/better form till my weaker leg can catch up?

Thoughts?
    Leg buckling in is a sign that the weight is too heavy. It could be weak stabilizers or weak glutes/hams. It's also a recipe for a groin pull. What I'd do is stick with higher reps on squats, go deep, and take your time adding more weight. In the meantime, focus on building strength in your stabilizers, hams, and glutes.

Thanks freebird!
    An injury I'm def not looking for so I'll knock the weight down. I'll be doin deads/hams at the weekend so I'll b thinking on that.
    Considering I can get lower on box squats that makes more sense

(So change it up)

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Define fit...

I find that as I gain weight (store fat on quads) that I can rarely get pants past my knees much less my thighs regardless if the waist is large enough. Even when cutting I needed a 0 to 00 waist but they do not make the legs wide enough.

Are you muffin-topping? Badunk-a-dunk too big?
    I can't close the button anymore. I Had to buy 2 new pairs of jeans which was a little scary because I'm on a budget lol
    When I lost weight I remember the pants fit well around the thighs but they were very loose at the waist :S I had to wear a belt, and I'm not a belt person!

And yes!!! It's very embarrassing!!!!! I have to wear a cardigan at all times now, since most of my shirts are tight fitting.

current >>>>goal

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't close the button anymore. I Had to buy 2 new pairs of jeans which was a little scary because I'm on a budget lol
    When I lost weight I remember the pants fit well around the thighs but they were very loose at the waist :S I had to wear a belt, and I'm not a belt person!

And yes!!! It's very embarrassing!!!!! I have to wear a cardigan at all times now, since most of my shirts are tight fitting.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I posted an update and pics in my journal if anyone is interested. Imma keep on bulking

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...654721&page=13

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    I posted an update and pics in my journal if anyone is interested. Imma keep on bulking

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...654721&page=13
    You look brilliant - looks like you've built up your quads some more. Delighted to hear you're going to keep bulking...you're so lean I imagine you could go for quite a long time without getting squishy...what's your plan?
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    You look brilliant - looks like you've built up your quads some more. Delighted to hear you're going to keep bulking...you're so lean I imagine you could go for quite a long time without getting squishy...what's your plan?
    I don't really have a "plan" per say.....thinking I may bulk until April, small cut for May and June, maintain til Aug then back to bulking. Just a thought right now....only because I am vain and don't want a muffin top at the beach. But nothing set in stone. I'll see what I look like in April and take it from there..

I think I may be gaining weight too fast. As of today (beginning of week 9) I'm at 126.4lbs. so that's 6lbs in 8 weeks!!!! I don't exactly track my calories... I put 1900 on MFP as a benchmark but most days I eat more than that, some days less. TBH I think my food intake isn't that aggressive except for christmas. I'd say I probably average on 2100 cals. How can some people plateau on that number!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! I feel like cutting now and then recomping, haha

also, for those who compete, is a 5lbs gain during offseason a normal? Just curious, I read from someone that she's only 5lbs heavier during her offseason... I find it odd

current >>>>goal

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think I may be gaining weight too fast. As of today (beginning of week 9) I'm at 126.4lbs. so that's 6lbs in 8 weeks!!!! I don't exactly track my calories... I put 1900 on MFP as a benchmark but most days I eat more than that, some days less. TBH I think my food intake isn't that aggressive except for christmas. I'd say I probably average on 2100 cals. How can some people plateau on that number!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! I feel like cutting now and then recomping, haha

also, for those who compete, is a 5lbs gain during offseason a normal? Just curious, I read from someone that she's only 5lbs heavier during her offseason... I find it odd
    You may or not be gaining too fast. But that rate shouldn't continue. Just do a common sense paring down of your diet. If need be do a sanity check on your cals. It's easy to eat more than you think.

5 pounds heavier off season? Phfftt. There's someone with a serious problem.

here's a breakdown of my gain, as you can see it's all over the place... I've been thinking as well, that maybe so much carbs and water retention is responsible for this?

Nov. 18 120.6
    Nov. 25 122.0
    Dec. 2 122.2
    Dec. 9 122.2
    Dec. 16 124.8
    Dec. 23 124.6
    Dec. 30 127.0
    Jan. 6 125.4
    Jan. 13 126.4

current >>>>goal

Registered User NOROIDSJUSTRAGE's Avatar
    NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000) NOROIDSJUSTRAGE is a complete loser! (-2000)
    naaahhh

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    5 pounds heavier off season? Phfftt. There's someone with a serious problem.
    ^^^
    this. i would say this person never comes off season in my opinion. I gained 9lbs since my show and 3 of those were in the first 1.5 days.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

here's a breakdown of my gain, as you can see it's all over the place... I've been thinking as well, that maybe so much carbs and water retention is responsible for this?

Nov. 18 120.6
    Nov. 25 122.0
    Dec. 2 122.2
    Dec. 9 122.2
    Dec. 16 124.8
    Dec. 23 124.6
    Dec. 30 127.0
    Jan. 6 125.4
    Jan. 13 126.4
    It may be the holidays have given you some higher than usual readings. Just keep an eye on your diet and use common sense. See where you're at after a few more weeks.

I have heard Erin Stern say that she is only 8# heaver in offseason. But typically, its more like 10 to 15# for most who are not trying to make significant improvements.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    I don't really have a "plan" per say.....thinking I may bulk until April, small cut for May and June, maintain til Aug then back to bulking. Just a thought right now....only because I am vain and don't want a muffin top at the beach. But nothing set in stone. I'll see what I look like in April and take it from there..
    Sounds like a solid plan. I don't think you have to worry about muffin top for a long time...
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

So, I think it has already been covered her by locolola (sorry if I got that wrong) but I seem to have put another 2lbs on over about 2 weeks, I have been tracking my cals but only during the week as I can't seem to get back to it for weekends.
    I'm trying to assume that this is just beginners weight gain sort of thing?
    I'm aiming to put on half a pound or so per week as I can only lose half of that... This is normally near enough where I chicken out and get scared, so I need a bit of inspiring to keep going.
    'specially since my lifts haven't particularly improved yet, which is likely down to me still trying to remember to push

(So change it up)

Think I just need a bit of a pat on the head and a 'good girl, good girl'

(So change it up)

Think I just need a bit of a pat on the head and a 'good girl, good girl'

Weekend calories can make a break any diet. For sanity reasons I'd find the time. It's the only way to know. At this point I wouldn't panic or anything. I'd be more concerned about your lifts not improving.

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've only gained 4# since I started my bulk a month ago (though I've held at 129 for the last week and a half, so I may need to pass the 2500 cal mark soon). At work today our receptionist told me my butt was looking "plump", but that it's ok because she knows that's what I'm trying to do. She caught me off guard, but I've been chuckling all day. I guess I need to go rummage up the next size up pants so my booty has a little breathing room. And we'll see what she has to say at 10 more pounds- geez!

Originally Posted by cmg1976 View Post
    I've only gained 4# since I started my bulk a month ago (though I've held at 129 for the last week and a half, so I may need to pass the 2500 cal mark soon). At work today our receptionist told me my butt was looking "plump", but that it's ok because she knows that's what I'm trying to do. She caught me off guard, but I've been chuckling all day. I guess I need to go rummage up the next size up pants so my booty has a little breathing room. And we'll see what she has to say at 10 more pounds- geez!
    "Does this make my butt look big?" We *want* people to say yes!!!

Weekend calories can make a break any diet. For sanity reasons I'd find the time. It's the only way to know. At this point I wouldn't panic or anything. I'd be more concerned about your lifts not improving.
    Thanks, I'll monitor my cals more closely and see how I go for a couple of weeks.
    I think Ill actually check my logs (instead of just writing numbers and forgetting about it) and push for the next weight, which I probably should have been doing from the beginning...oops

(So change it up)

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Does this make my butt look big?" We *want* people to say yes!!!
    Yes indeed! Sadly for me, when I am heavier it's all saddlebags and gut- in the 140's I still had no butt. Maybe the squats will change that this time around I know she was trying to compliment me, it just sounded funny, lol.

Maybe the squats will change that this time around I know she was trying to compliment me, it just sounded funny, lol.
    Yes! Lifting makes a huge difference. You'll probably even find your body looking better at 140lbs post bulk than in the past.

current >>>>goal

Yes! Lifting makes a huge difference. You'll probably even find your body looking better at 140lbs post bulk than in the past.
    Hi there! I wish I had taken pictures in the 140's, just so I could compare them with post-bulk pics. Oh well... I've lifted before but went in circles not really getting stronger, as I never really gave the nutrition side as much attention.

How long have you been bulking? What did you start at and how long are you going? I really want to give mine a full year (we don't have summer in Seattle anyway).

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes indeed! Sadly for me, when I am heavier it's all saddlebags and gut- in the 140's I still had no butt. Maybe the squats will change that this time around I know she was trying to compliment me, it just sounded funny, lol.
    Squats definitely will make a difference. It seemed like all my weight went to my bottom half last bulk(majority is this time as well but I don't seem to be staying as lean up top this time as I did last bulk), and while I know there is fat there, I can't really pinch anything or grab a hold of any fat like you would if you were grabbing on to purely fat, if that makes even the slightest bit of sense. My point is, and what I tell people on another forum I go on, is that gaining say 10 pounds while bulking looks a whole lot different than a person who wakes up one day and realizes they gained 10 pounds. KWIM? You are gaining some muscle so it won't just be saddlebags when you gain weight.

Me, I'm making progress. The scale at my gym is beyond annoying. It stays level through a range of 2 pounds so I'm not exact on my weight but can at least tell that it is moving in the right direction and not moving too fast. I gained 4-5 pounds relatively quickly but I know that was water weight.

By the end of the day I start feeling gross. I'm starting to get a tiny pooch on my lower abs that I have not had since before I had my son who is almost 8. It was one thing about my body I couldn't stand and could never seem to get rid of; seemed like i had constant bloat. But I know it's not there permanently and is really only present at night - and is probably not half as bad as I think it is. But I gotta say that I hate the love handles and the fat I hold in my lower back area the most. Can't wait to get rid of it!!!

I already can tell I'm making better gains on my upper body this time, though I'm sure once I cut, it still won't be as much as I hoped. Workouts are going great. I'm still undecided about competing this year. I so so so want to but my concern is that I don't know if I am going to want to be so super strict over the summer this year because of my personal life. What I know I should do is keep going on this bulk through the summer and next fall even and compete spring of 2014. By then, I think that things should be more settled personally, I'll know where I stand financially and if I can swing all the costs associated with competing. But I'm not sure how that will make me feel physically and emotionally. Faced with the fact of being single again, I'm not sure that I am going to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to keep bulking and gaining that much weight. But we will see. Everything is so unsettled with me right now that even small decisions like this are proving difficult to make.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Page 251 of 330 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 ... LastLast