Page 83 of 330 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 9897
    freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I am almost envious .

You've gained 3 lbs in 3 months. I have gained 3 lbs in 3 weeks. I want your metabolism .

Great decision to increase cals, and yes it sounds reasonable, but you could probably get away with more.
    I gained 1 pound a week for quite some time as well. It's not a bad thing

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Sounds refreshing and light.

Made me think of something I haven't had a long time and now I want. Mamey.

thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I gained 1 pound a week for quite some time as well. It's not a bad thing
    Good to know!

I am confident it will slow down, so I am not stressing.....yet .

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I am confident it will slow down, so I am not stressing.....yet .
    yeah, you shouldn't be. it will slow down for sure.

--
    my bulk update -

yesterday was a rest day for me, kept eating the same, but lost some weight. i know i just increased cals a few days ago and weight gain, like weight loss, isn't linear, but thinking of increasing again.l think i'm at 2374 right now (would have to check previous posts or thedailyplate to be 100% sure that's the number, but i think it is. i think at this point it really would be best for me to gain faster, just for a little while.

--

pet peeve at my old/half current gym -

something that really bugs me. on the list for june events, one is called "strapless," some class or prgm or small grp training (never paid attn), and it says something like, "and don't worry abt becoming 'muscle bound,' there is no heavy lifting." wtf??? that just perpetuates a myth. that lifting heavy will make you bulky, when, in fact, if your goal is to lose fat (think that's the typical goal of the female clientele there) or gain muscle, lifting heavy is key. women there are already using the pink dumbbells and this is part of the reason why. as well all know, it would take a lot - and probably include roids - for women to become "bulky". gaining muscle at all is hard and a slow process. women there are already using the pink dumbbells and this is part of the reason why. makes me mad. i understand the clientele and they might believe it, but that makes it even more wrong to play into it.

also, trainers' nutritional advice, which i know is common at many gyms, among many trainers. my gym has a really well-known and well-respected sports nutritionist in the bldg. she should train the trainers. unless trainers have a separate degree or certificate in nutrition, they are in no position to give nutritional advice. the stuff i hear. oy. and i realize it's hard b/c training and diet go hand-in-hand and diet is so impt, so it makes sense that members would ask their trainers for advice.

just venting a bit. i know we all see these things.

take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Disappointed

Ok, so I took some photos this morning and I am extremely disappointed with my progress right now. I just look like a whale now.

When I look in the mirror I don't see what those photos show. I didn't think I got that fat until I saw these photos. In person I feel like I see more definition, width and muscle...but GOD! I just look fatter.

I really need some help here ladies. What do I do? Cut back down? Here are some photos from the end of my cut April 1st, to today...

I take it back, I do look 20lbs heavier - and I am. This is soooo upsetting.
    Attached Images

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by take.it.off View Post
    Ok, so I took some photos this morning and I am extremely disappointed with my progress right now. I just look like a whale now.

When I look in the mirror I don't see what those photos show. I didn't think I got that fat until I saw these photos. In person I feel like I see more definition, width and muscle...but GOD! I just look fatter.

I really need some help here ladies. What do I do? Cut back down? Here are some photos from the end of my cut April 1st, to today...

Well, 20 pounds in 3 months is well over average But, I don't think it's nearly as bad as you think. I bet if you took a break and dropped 5 pounds it'd make a world of difference. Then when you bulk again, I wouldn't exceed 1 pound a week. Less after the first few months.

BTW, I felt the same way at the end of my bulk. It's surprising how losing just a few pounds can make a huge difference.

take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, 20 pounds in 3 months is well over average But, I don't think it's nearly as bad as you think. I bet if you took a break and dropped 5 pounds it'd make a world of difference. Then when you bulk again, I wouldn't exceed 1 pound a week. Less after the first few months.

BTW, I felt the same way at the end of my bulk. It's surprising how losing just a few pounds can make a huge difference.
    Thanks Freebird. I guess I'm just not sure how I gained so fast. I kept my diet in check at around 2200 cals. The only thing I can think of is that I was taking in too many fats. We had them set just under 100g a day... is that too high?

So you think I should do a mini cut? That's what I was thinking too.

Thanks Freebird. I guess I'm just not sure how I gained so fast. I kept my diet in check at around 2200 cals. The only thing I can think of is that I was taking in too many fats. We had them set just under 100g a day... is that too high?

So you think I should do a mini cut? That's what I was thinking too.
    My guess is you were taking in more cals than you thought. It is really easy to make a mistake. I screwed up first with accurately accounting for my dark chocolate. Later, it was my sunflower butter. I'd take a look at everything you regularly eat and look for a mistake. fats would be the first suspect as it is oh so easy to under report fats. A teaspoon or tablespoon out of the silverware drawer are not the same as measuring spoons.

Yeah, I'd so a short cut. It should go great after this 3 month bulk. Then you can start again. Each time you go through this you learn more

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A pound a month isn't bad. Two pounds should be better. 2300 would still be below that mark but psychologically it may be better for you.
    I am almost envious .

You've gained 3 lbs in 3 months. I have gained 3 lbs in 3 weeks. I want your metabolism .

Great decision to increase cals, and yes it sounds reasonable, but you could probably get away with more.
    Maybe if the 2300 goes well, I'll try 2400. I have certain stumbling blocks to this. It's hard for me to hit 2400 calories w/o eating more "crap" than I feel comfortable with. I have NO problem having a glass of wine every night and a portion of chocolate several x a week and I have NO problem going to restaurants in social situations and splurging, but there are a lot of things that I associate as being "the foods that made me fat" that I feel I cannot have in the house and cannot give myself permission to eat regularly. I don't expect any of you to unfukk my mind re that, I'm just putting it out there.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Maybe if the 2300 goes well, I'll try 2400. I have certain stumbling blocks to this. It's hard for me to hit 2400 calories w/o eating more "crap" than I feel comfortable with. I have NO problem having a glass of wine every night and a portion of chocolate several x a week and I have NO problem going to restaurants in social situations and splurging, but there are a lot of things that I associate as being "the foods that made me fat" that I feel I cannot have in the house and cannot give myself permission to eat regularly. I don't expect any of you to unfukk my mind re that, I'm just putting it out there.
    Do what I did/do, make foods from scratch. Be creative! Chocolate cupcakes made from black beans and 5 eggs isn't bad. Pumpkin muffins are really good too! So is the ice cream I'm making with fresh fruit. There are all kinds of oils to use, like coconut, sunflower, and macadamia nut. Heck a handful of good for you walnuts is around 200 calories. My problem, aside from my food allergies/intolerances, is finding foods that don't have much fiber. I am fibered out!

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    yeah, you shouldn't be. it will slow down for sure.

--
    my bulk update -

yesterday was a rest day for me, kept eating the same, but lost some weight. i know i just increased cals a few days ago and weight gain, like weight loss, isn't linear, but thinking of increasing again.l think i'm at 2374 right now (would have to check previous posts or thedailyplate to be 100% sure that's the number, but i think it is. i think at this point it really would be best for me to gain faster, just for a little while.

--

pet peeve at my old/half current gym -

something that really bugs me. on the list for june events, one is called "strapless," some class or prgm or small grp training (never paid attn), and it says something like, "and don't worry abt becoming 'muscle bound,' there is no heavy lifting." wtf??? that just perpetuates a myth. that lifting heavy will make you bulky, when, in fact, if your goal is to lose fat (think that's the typical goal of the female clientele there) or gain muscle, lifting heavy is key. women there are already using the pink dumbbells and this is part of the reason why. as well all know, it would take a lot - and probably include roids - for women to become "bulky". gaining muscle at all is hard and a slow process. women there are already using the pink dumbbells and this is part of the reason why. makes me mad. i understand the clientele and they might believe it, but that makes it even more wrong to play into it.

also, trainers' nutritional advice, which i know is common at many gyms, among many trainers. my gym has a really well-known and well-respected sports nutritionist in the bldg. she should train the trainers. unless trainers have a separate degree or certificate in nutrition, they are in no position to give nutritional advice. the stuff i hear. oy. and i realize it's hard b/c training and diet go hand-in-hand and diet is so impt, so it makes sense that members would ask their trainers for advice.

just venting a bit. i know we all see these things.
    Sounds like your metabolism is all geared up! So yes, feed the beast!!

Yeah, gyms are not always the best place to learn about nutrition and training

Ok, honestly, when you first shared that you had put on 20 lbs in 3 months, I was like . But, honestly, your pics are not bad, at all, and you don't look like a whale .

I have packed on a few pounds too fast while on extended vacations and not working out, and come back hating the way I look. I cut calories, drop a few, and instantaneously look and feel better.

It's a little unnerving that you gained on 2,200. I am on 2,150 and gaining 1 lb per week. I am hoping it will slow down. Please let us know if you find that your tracking was off, as FBM suggested. I just discovered that I wasn't tracking a couple of things accurately for about 1 year. Luckily it was just Almond Milk and cereal, which I no longer eat. But, this has happened before with chicken too. I had to go over my list of "favorites" with a fine tooth comb to get to the bottom of it.

Hang in there!

there are a lot of things that I associate as being "the foods that made me fat" that I feel I cannot have in the house and cannot give myself permission to eat regularly. I don't expect any of you to unfukk my mind re that, I'm just putting it out there.
    I totally GET this. I never have dessert in the house. NEVER! I can't help myself .

Yeah, gyms are not always the best place to learn about nutrition and training
    I have to crank up my Ipod so I don't listen the trainer's conversation with their clients. Ignorance is bliss. Now if I could only wear blinders there too .

My guess is you were taking in more cals than you thought. It is really easy to make a mistake. I screwed up first with accurately accounting for my dark chocolate. Later, it was my sunflower butter. I'd take a look at everything you regularly eat and look for a mistake. fats would be the first suspect as it is oh so easy to under report fats. A teaspoon or tablespoon out of the silverware drawer are not the same as measuring spoons.

Yeah, I'd so a short cut. It should go great after this 3 month bulk. Then you can start again. Each time you go through this you learn more
    Ok, honestly, when you first shared that you had put on 20 lbs in 3 months, I was like . But, honestly, your pics are not bad, at all, and you don't look like a whale .

I have packed on a few pounds too fast while on extended vacations and not working out, and come back hating the way I look. I cut calories, drop a few, and instantaneously look and feel better.

It's a little unnerving that you gained on 2,200. I am on 2,150 and gaining 1 lb per week. I am hoping it will slow down. Please let us know if you find that your tracking was off, as FBM suggested. I just discovered that I wasn't tracking a couple of things accurately for about 1 year. Luckily it was just Almond Milk and cereal, which I no longer eat. But, this has happened before with chicken too. I had to go over my list of "favorites" with a fine tooth comb to get to the bottom of it.

Hang in there!
    Thanks for the responses ladies.

@Freebird - I'm sure you're right. And now that I think of it I was sneaking PB and Almond butter often - which likely added up to an extra 200-300 cals easily....damn.

I am not buying anymore nut butters. They are dangerous to me.

Tomorrow I will begin my mini cut and let you ladies know how it goes. I hope it comes off pretty quickly.

@thepowerwithin - thank you, I appreciate your comment. everyone keeps telling me it doesn't look like 20lbs, but those pictures to me did look horrific! haha. Well I hope I've put on some quality muscle through this 3 month adventure. I guess I shall see after I shed a little fluff and chub.

mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do what I did/do, make foods from scratch. Be creative! Chocolate cupcakes made from black beans and 5 eggs isn't bad. Pumpkin muffins are really good too! So is the ice cream I'm making with fresh fruit. There are all kinds of oils to use, like coconut, sunflower, and macadamia nut. Heck a handful of good for you walnuts is around 200 calories. My problem, aside from my food allergies/intolerances, is finding foods that don't have much fiber. I am fibered out!
    Oooh I love my choc cake that I make with beans, a lil pp, eggs and an apple or banana!
    ( thanks FB Ive been eating it everyday! I switch up the beans every time for some variety...I've used aduke, lentils, black, and even black eye peas! They all taste a little different but it gets me thinking I'm eating cake

And powerwithin...now I want a Mamey! Soooo good! But hard to find

Andrerox80..thanks for venting on trainers and nutrition made me feel better oh and dealing with my anxiety too!
    Yay for you upping cals even more!!

SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anderox:
    Do you like your new gym aside from what they preach to women in general? Congrats on making progress!

FreebirdMac:
    How is your summer cut going? Are you still able to work out? I think it would be hard to keep training if I was eating in a deficit. I know I feel weak and lethargic when I don't get enough to eat, so I'm not sure I could handle a cut. Hence my own plan is to just adjust my intake appropriately towards my goal body rather than a traditional bulk of excess and cut. But I am interested in knowing how you do it bodybuilding style, because I know that may be key to the extraordinary muscle level and definition.

ThePowerWithin:
    Your gain rate sounds solid and steady to me. My weight is still very jumpy though overall it is up. Still trying to figure out how to track and adjust appropriately.

>>>>Which brings me to a question for everyone: how do you use and evaluate your weight?
    Do you have a goal weight/range? Do you measure daily and evaluate based on trends? or one day per week?

I was doing once per week but felt it was inaccurate if it happened to be a day that I was holding more water or fecal mass, or, erm, overly emptied out.
    Recently i've started weighing every day that I my intake is at a 3000 cal average so that I can base the trends vs. the intake level.
    Does this seem right?

SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpunkySpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my highlights

Haven't been to the gym yet today, but I'm hoping for upper body after my dentist appt.
    This was what made me the most sore last week! I did a lot of tricep stuff but my main goal is shoulders, so I may change up the exercises a bit to get some presses in.

Eating has been much more solid and steady but I have been flaring this week. Wasn't sure if it was random since I have eaten the safest foods that I stabalized on before, then I realized it may be the probiotic supplement I started taking last week. It's worst right after I take it. I'm torn because doc says part of my problem might be a bacterial imbalance in my damaged gut, and I read about the herx reaction to killing off bad bacteria.
    I want to stop taking the supp and see if I feel better, but if it's bad-for-good I want to keep taking it.

On a more positive note, I've been getting a lot more creative, for me anyways. Instead of just eating boatloads of plain nuts, beans, meat, and so on I've been fixing what feels like "real" food, and some yumminess too!
    LOVING my protein powder concoctions. After a lot of experimenting I found one that has worked really well with my gut, and after feeling better drinking the shakes, started trying some recipes that don't involve much else.
    Very simple, I'm hooked on just mic'ing a bowl of whipped PP with 1-3tb egg whites and microwaving it, then melting my yogurt or cottage cheese over it. I could eat it all day, but my budget would put a stop to that pretty quick!

This morning I made egg salad [2 eggs, greek yog, mustard, celery, onion] + sauteed chicken and veg, and that was a total flop. SO disgusting, but I gagged it down for nutritional value + not wanting to waste. Oh well, was worth a shot.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sunflower butter
    that stuff is good. and t joe's has dark choc sunflower seeds, which are good too.

Maybe if the 2300 goes well, I'll try 2400. I have certain stumbling blocks to this. It's hard for me to hit 2400 calories w/o eating more "crap" than I feel comfortable with.
    i have a problem eating foods i don't deem healthy. no splurges or treats for me, even. but i still have no problem getting in 2400 cals. i make several pp concoctions, but don't bake like freebird does, although i totally should. and that's definitely a good suggestion for you.

Sounds like your metabolism is all geared up! So yes, feed the beast!!
    woo. must say i'm surprised. more proof, though, that you can't go by calculations or even the gowear.

Originally Posted by SpunkySpirit View Post
    Anderox:
    Do you like your new gym aside from what they preach to women in general? Congrats on making progress!
    that was actually at my old gym. i'm sort of going back and forth right now. do like the new gym. have to make some modifications but think ultimately it'll be a better environment for me.

Anderox:

FreebirdMac:
    How is your summer cut going? Are you still able to work out? I think it would be hard to keep training if I was eating in a deficit. I know I feel weak and lethargic when I don't get enough to eat, so I'm not sure I could handle a cut. Hence my own plan is to just adjust my intake appropriately towards my goal body rather than a traditional bulk of excess and cut. But I am interested in knowing how you do it bodybuilding style, because I know that may be key to the extraordinary muscle level and definition.

ThePowerWithin:
    Your gain rate sounds solid and steady to me. My weight is still very jumpy though overall it is up. Still trying to figure out how to track and adjust appropriately.

>>>>Which brings me to a question for everyone: how do you use and evaluate your weight?
    Do you have a goal weight/range? Do you measure daily and evaluate based on trends? or one day per week?

I was doing once per week but felt it was inaccurate if it happened to be a day that I was holding more water or fecal mass, or, erm, overly emptied out.
    Recently i've started weighing every day that I my intake is at a 3000 cal average so that I can base the trends vs. the intake level.
    Does this seem right?
    My original plan was to lean out at a 250 cal deficit then start a short bulk cycle the first of June. Well, after 8 weeks of leaning out, and 4 pounds gone, I stopped. I was hungry!! And yep, weaker. So I started eating around maintenance. Some days more, some less, I didn't worry about it. Overall it must have been a slight deficit because I did lose a bit more.

I am contemplating starting the short bulk cycle after the 4th. What's holding me back is I am working on some deficit areas and I'd really like to bring these areas up first. Adductors are my primary target. Posterior chain is in close second. This is all to help my squats. Which I haven't been able to do very often these past 3 years due to groin pulls I'm still mulling it over. I can bulk and just table squats for awhile like I did last bulk. I was hoping not to have to do that again. But, based on what I saw in the mirror this morning I think I have leaned out enough for this go around.

I weigh myself on Thursdays at the gym in the afternoon. That seems to be the most stable day for me. It's far away from any indulgences or lesser eating on the weekend and 48 hours after quad day. So for me it works. There are the oddball weeks when the scale doesn't show what I think it should. But that generally resolves in a week or so.

Haven't been to the gym yet today, but I'm hoping for upper body after my dentist appt.
    This was what made me the most sore last week! I did a lot of tricep stuff but my main goal is shoulders, so I may change up the exercises a bit to get some presses in.

Eating has been much more solid and steady but I have been flaring this week. Wasn't sure if it was random since I have eaten the safest foods that I stabalized on before, then I realized it may be the probiotic supplement I started taking last week. It's worst right after I take it. I'm torn because doc says part of my problem might be a bacterial imbalance in my damaged gut, and I read about the herx reaction to killing off bad bacteria.
    I want to stop taking the supp and see if I feel better, but if it's bad-for-good I want to keep taking it.

On a more positive note, I've been getting a lot more creative, for me anyways. Instead of just eating boatloads of plain nuts, beans, meat, and so on I've been fixing what feels like "real" food, and some yumminess too!
    LOVING my protein powder concoctions. After a lot of experimenting I found one that has worked really well with my gut, and after feeling better drinking the shakes, started trying some recipes that don't involve much else.
    Very simple, I'm hooked on just mic'ing a bowl of whipped PP with 1-3tb egg whites and microwaving it, then melting my yogurt or cottage cheese over it. I could eat it all day, but my budget would put a stop to that pretty quick!

This morning I made egg salad [2 eggs, greek yog, mustard, celery, onion] + sauteed chicken and veg, and that was a total flop. SO disgusting, but I gagged it down for nutritional value + not wanting to waste. Oh well, was worth a shot.
    Creativity is so good! Those of us with food issues have to really dig and experiment, but the work is well worth it. Yeah, some stuff goes in the trash, but it sure it nice to have variety and to feel like we're eating normally again.

that stuff is good. and t joe's has dark choc sunflower seeds, which are good too.
    You can make sunbutter cookies too! I like adding oatmeal to the recipe too.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.co...r-cookies.html

Start baking! It does not take long to make stuff. Nor is it hard.

luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so interesting discovery today..
    so its 5 pm and i realize i need 100 g more of carbs in order to hit my macros
    im trying to change up my carb sources and thought steel cut oats would be a good idea
    so was guna have 3/4 c. DRY of that and fill in the rest with some rice..
    HOLY CRAP! do you KNOW how much oats that is?? 3/4 c. dry is like 3 cups cooked!

Originally Posted by luvstolift View Post
    im trying to change up my carb sources and thought steel cut oats would be a good idea
    HOLY CRAP! do you KNOW how much oats that is?? 3/4 c. dry is like 3 cups cooked!
    Lol! I hate it when that happens. Go eat some cookies

luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol! I hate it when that happens. Go eat some cookies
    lol will do gotta make some first..what do you recommend?

lol will do gotta make some first..what do you recommend?
    Ohmygosh! Oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip... whatever floats your boat.

Ohmygosh! Oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip... whatever floats your boat.
    lol was thinkin more along the line of specific recipes..something new and interesting and yummy of course..but those could work too ha

mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have a lot of gut problems too do you mind sharing which pp you found that has worked for you?
    Thanks

Also probiotics will definitely bloat you when first taking them as far as I've heard and read. Supposedly it lasts a week or so before that goes away.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So after saying that I was going to have a hard time meeting my calories, I ate 2314 yesterday NO PROBLEM. Heh. And the only slightly uncomfortable items were a large banana (yeah, I know, I know, but in my ingrained dieter's mindset, they're the fruit that's highest in calories and carbs, so a bad choice, fruit-wise) and a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks which, actually, has 9g of protein, so it isn't exactly junk either.

Holding steady at 115, so I'm not going to weigh myself again for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great bulking day!
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

then I realized it may be the probiotic supplement I started taking last week. It's worst right after I take it. I'm torn because doc says part of my problem might be a bacterial imbalance in my damaged gut, and I read about the herx reaction to killing off bad bacteria.
    which probiotic have you been taking? i'm gonna start taking culturelle, and if i get no relief, might take vsl#3 (my issues are a little different), but it's so pricey. but there's a prescription version, so insurance would help, but gonna try the culturelle first. gi doc says that might be enough.

LOVING my protein powder concoctions.
    a girl after my own heart

Originally Posted by mausi79 View Post
    I have a lot of gut problems too do you mind sharing which pp you found that has worked for you?
    Thanks

Also probiotics will definitely bloat you when first taking them as far as I've heard and read. Supposedly it lasts a week or so before that goes away.
    i didn't know that abt probiotics. good to know since i'm getting one today. thanks for the head's up.

rice pp has worked for you, no? so maybe stick to that and give up the whey?

Start baking! It does not take long to make stuff. Nor is it hard.
    used to bake all the time. made these pumpkin berry muffins for pwo and these big ass cookies that i called everything-but-the-kitchen-sink b/c they had so much random stuff in them, but i stopped. could do it again. know it's not hard, and i esp like making loaves or muffins.

i'm a volume eater, so that would make me happy. but, as freebird suggests, easier, lower volume, less filling foods to get in your carbs. what did you end up doing?

--

weight is the same as yesterday, which is a little down from the days before. but a .6 gain over the week. but that's not acceptable. wanna gain abt 1.2 lbs for the next 8-ish pounds, then .8-ish for the next 8, and then .5 for the rest. and then i have no clue what i'll do. guess it depends on what i look like and stuff. still thinking the mini bulk/cut cycles, or maybe more of a bulk first, if i can handle it. again, not really thinking abt that yet. and not sure how much i'll add. it'll be fats again.

yesterday i did too much cardio. i am good every other day, but for some reasons, thurs are bad. it's my one day of cardio and it's not supposed to be much, but i overdo it and know that. so that is something i need to work on, as i know it's counter to my goals. and i have elimiated cardio on the rest of the days and am fine w/ that. it really started last thurs (so at least it's not a real pattern or set in my head yet) when it was my bday and i was depressed and needed to keep occupied. feel lucky i weigh the same today as i did yesterday, b/c last week i had lost after the cardio day (but quickly gained it back the following day, so not so bad).

my volume on lifting days is still much less and hasn't changed. sometimes tempted to do more but never, ever give into that, and am usually not even that tempted. have gotten more used to and satisfied w/ less. so that's good.

still b/w the two gyms right now. going to the new one today. will always be nervous till i go thru ea day's routine, but am not as freaked out as i was on tues. will probably go there all weekend too. what's weird is they have no flat benches. normally that's fine, but feel much more comfortable ona flat bench for step ups. the extra room, even though i don't need it. so will try on the incline bench (obv having it flat), and in worst case, will use a step and just make it the same height.

do any of you have a mac rack at your gym? haven't checked it out, but was wondering what kinds of things you do w/ it. might ask abt it.
    Last edited by andrerox80; 06-24-2011 at 05:55 AM.

So after saying that I was going to have a hard time meeting my calories, I ate 2314 yesterday NO PROBLEM. Heh. And the only slightly uncomfortable items were a large banana (yeah, I know, I know, but in my ingrained dieter's mindset, they're the fruit that's highest in calories and carbs, so a bad choice, fruit-wise)
    yay for the cals. i never have any problems getting them in. bananas are a funny thing. i remember people w/ ed's were always scared of them, whereas lots of bb'ers, even those who are anti-fruit, like bananas for their pwo carb choice. funny/interesting how bananas have so much power, you know? i have 1 everyday (split into 2. not for any reason. just how my recipes work. 1/2 in my baked oatmeal and 1/2 in my pumpkin mash). bananas are good. so i'm glad you had one and see that you survived, even if a little uncomfortable, and hopefully you can add them in more often and get used to having them.

--

btw, how often do people increase cals?

yay for the cals. i never have any problems getting them in. bananas are a funny thing. i remember people w/ ed's were always scared of them, whereas lots of bb'ers, even those who are anti-fruit, like bananas for their pwo carb choice. funny/interesting how bananas have so much power, you know? i have 1 everyday (split into 2. not for any reason. just how my recipes work. 1/2 in my baked oatmeal and 1/2 in my pumpkin mash). bananas are good. so i'm glad you had one and see that you survived, even if a little uncomfortable, and hopefully you can add them in more often and get used to having them.

--

btw, how often do people increase cals?
    Increase however necessary. Gaining 1/2 pound a week is damn good. If you're progressing in the gym then a good bit of that should be water and muscle over the long haul. You can gain faster if you are lean, which you are, so 1 pound a week isn't a bad goal. Why don't you just jump up another 250 cals and see what happens over the next 3 weeks. And stop all of your cardio!! You are banned from cardio!!! Surely there are other things you can do outside of the gym that have nothing to do with working out or eating. If not, come to my house. I have a ton of chores that I never get to!

Page 83 of 330 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast