Page 249 of 330 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 9897
    DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Disney, how exciting, Steph!!!!! We went a couple years ago and wish we'd have waited a bit. My daughter had just turned 3, was newly potty trained, and it was a bit of a nightmare for me. She was too small to go on a lot of the rides, would get upset when we had to separate because my son was big enough to go on most rides, popped a squat in the middle of the floor during breakfast one day and in line for a ride another time. On top of it, we went in May and she(and I as I get older) does not deal with heat well. Of course, I laugh about it now. LOL I think your kids are similar in age to mine so it's perfect - and I think February is a good time to go, shouldn't be super crowded and not crazy hot.

Way to go on all of your lifts!!!! I sure wish, like tahini says, that I could have had the rest without the illness. I took yesterday off as well, although my body below the neck felt well enough to hit the gym and I was pulling out my gym clothes. My throat still hurt pretty bad and still have a cough that won't let up so I felt another day of rest would be better and opted to just stay home. I did go today, maintained my weight so I was happy about that. I did a chest workout and I felt like I sucked. LOL I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it seemed considering. I do still have a hideous cough so I'm definitely not 100%, plus it was a change of pace from what I've been doing. It was rough!!!!

Tahini, I'm so sorry you're sick as well It sucks. Eating was definitely hard. Like I mentioned, I had zero appetite Christmas Eve and only really had a few bites of food. Christmas Day wasn't much better; I ate more junk than actual food. I have been improving each day slowly but surely. Hang in there and feel better!!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Found eating good today! Got in 2000~ cals, much better than previous days. Ive still got a sore throat amd congestion going on. Really want to lift but resisting temptation! Seriously dont get how people can sit on there ass doing nothing all day everyday?

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tahinilove View Post
    Found eating good today! Got in 2000~ cals, much better than previous days. Ive still got a sore throat amd congestion going on. Really want to lift but resisting temptation! Seriously dont get how people can sit on there ass doing nothing all day everyday?
    Glad you're feeling a little better!!!! I'm still coughing and have awful chest congestion. I'm thinking I shouldn't be lifting but I don't feel bad enough anymore that I feel I can justify it. I cut my workout a little short today, though. I'm just so sore from my workouts the past two days. My appetite is still in the toilet. I'm sure I've been getting my calories in over the past few days but I really had to force myself to eat last night at my family Christmas party, which is just so not like me! I have to think I got enough calories but I"m not sure whether I got enough protein. Ah, well. I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances. I thought yesterday a couple times that I was coming down with a stomach bug. Thank goodness I seemed to dodge that bullet!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) m0ckingjay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First time bulk from 104lbs and I'm at 110lbs now, since the end of November. The first of it was just restoring my weight since I'm quite underweight... I've been working out, but it's not showing yet. Ordered myself some new weights and hoping to go crazy with them and gain loads of muscle! Don't know if I'm going too fast, but since raising my calories I keep getting carried away and wanting to keep eating because I think "oh well, I'm bulking!". I'm definitely enjoying bulking though, loads of protein and Weetabix (my favourite) for me!

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so who else overindulged during the holidays? i know i did, i gained 5 lbs the past 2 weeks. today i weighed in at 127. thats 3lbs away from my target weight for this bulk cycle. i don't know what to think honestly. all.i did the past couple weeks was eat sleep gym tv repeat. well, i know i couldn't have possibly eaten 17500 cals (or did i?) but I'll never know since i didnt count a single thing at all.

a great thing though, i was able to do 4 chinups and 1 neutral grip pullup! its not a lot i know but its still something, esp. since being sick last week

would this be a good time to go on a mini cut and lose some of the water? how many cals, would eating on maintenance be just fine?

brb baking cookies srs
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Disney, how exciting, Steph!!!!! We went a couple years ago and wish we'd have waited a bit. My daughter had just turned 3, was newly potty trained, and it was a bit of a nightmare for me. She was too small to go on a lot of the rides, would get upset when we had to separate because my son was big enough to go on most rides, popped a squat in the middle of the floor during breakfast one day and in line for a ride another time. On top of it, we went in May and she(and I as I get older) does not deal with heat well. Of course, I laugh about it now. LOL I think your kids are similar in age to mine so it's perfect - and I think February is a good time to go, shouldn't be super crowded and not crazy hot.

Way to go on all of your lifts!!!! I sure wish, like tahini says, that I could have had the rest without the illness. I took yesterday off as well, although my body below the neck felt well enough to hit the gym and I was pulling out my gym clothes. My throat still hurt pretty bad and still have a cough that won't let up so I felt another day of rest would be better and opted to just stay home. I did go today, maintained my weight so I was happy about that. I did a chest workout and I felt like I sucked. LOL I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it seemed considering. I do still have a hideous cough so I'm definitely not 100%, plus it was a change of pace from what I've been doing. It was rough!!!!

Tahini, I'm so sorry you're sick as well It sucks. Eating was definitely hard. Like I mentioned, I had zero appetite Christmas Eve and only really had a few bites of food. Christmas Day wasn't much better; I ate more junk than actual food. I have been improving each day slowly but surely. Hang in there and feel better!!!!
    Thanks girlie! Yes I'm excited about Disney!!! I bet we will be doing a lot of walking. I may need to up my cardio a bit before then. I've cut out cardio almost completely here lately and I've gotten lazy and out of shape in that aspect. Hope you get to feeling better... :/

Originally Posted by tahinilove View Post
    ... sickness blows. I know I hate taking time off. I have run myself into the ground before by not taking enough time to recover. You are better off waiting it out and letting yourself rest.

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    so who else overindulged during the holidays? i know i did, i gained 5 lbs the past 2 weeks. today i weighed in at 127. thats 3lbs away from my target weight for this bulk cycle. i don't know what to think honestly. all.i did the past couple weeks was eat sleep gym tv repeat. well, i know i couldn't have possibly eaten 17500 cals (or did i?) but I'll never know since i didnt count a single thing at all.

a great thing though, i was able to do 4 chinups and 1 neutral grip pullup! its not a lot i know but its still something, esp. since being sick last week

would this be a good time to go on a mini cut and lose some of the water? how many cals, would eating on maintenance be just fine?

brb baking cookies srs
    Girl I overindulged like CRAZY!!! It was ridiculous. Great job on the chins/pull-ups. When I was leaned out I could do 10-12 (neutral grip pull-ups). I'm down to 5 if I'm lucky. Maybe when I lean out again I'll be able to do them weighted! LOL!!! I can always hope! I figure if you can do them while bulking you'll be killing them when you're leaned out. As for the "mini-cut" .... I personally don't advocate that. I suppose if you feel the need to drop to maintenance for a bit that wouldn't hurt too much. I just believe it's best to maximize the time in the gaining phase. When I bulk... I bulk... only pushing forward and no going back until the bulk is complete. Of course, I'm a chub right now so what do I know?

stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Photo update:

My goal is now to maintain this weight for the next 4-5 weeks and attempt to get stronger. I've reached the point where I think gaining more will make it just that much harder to lose the body fat for my intended figure show this summer. I've gained about 1lb/wk on average for the last 6 months. Yikes!

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    steph amazing as always. Seems like you've milked as much as you can from your bulk, betcha cutting will be super easy for you!

Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    Girl I overindulged like CRAZY!!! It was ridiculous. Great job on the chins/pull-ups. When I was leaned out I could do 10-12 (neutral grip pull-ups). I'm down to 5 if I'm lucky. Maybe when I lean out again I'll be able to do them weighted! LOL!!! I can always hope! I figure if you can do them while bulking you'll be killing them when you're leaned out. As for the "mini-cut" .... I personally don't advocate that. I suppose if you feel the need to drop to maintenance for a bit that wouldn't hurt too much. I just believe it's best to maximize the time in the gaining phase. When I bulk... I bulk... only pushing forward and no going back until the bulk is complete. Of course, I'm a chub right now so what do I know?
    I be repping them chins more often from now on I've never tried them until now because I'm still embarrassed to try them out at my regular gym haha it's always intimidating to try something new and try not to look like an idiot. On another note did 145 4x5 (some reps not parallel) my goal is to get my form down pat and hopefully reach my goal by the end of this cycle. ha!

Well thinking about it my TOM is approaching so the additional water/weight might be because of that... I honestly don't wanna cut right now but I feel like a tub of lard... huge floppy gut, saggy tri's, fat legs but what's keeping me forward is that at this time last year I was 119lbs but weaker fatter looking. Jeez my max DL was 155lbs. I'm slowly starting to get more comfortable with the whole scale/weight/bodyfat thing.
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats everyone's plans for NYE? I will be spending a quiet nite in with my 5 yr old ( hubby had to go back to work a couple of days ago so its just him and I). Going to do up some surf and turf .....a big ole steak, scallops, shrimp, fries maybe, and of course some sort of chocolate dessert and a bottle of champagne NOT tracking cals or macros today!

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My goal is now to maintain this weight for the next 4-5 weeks and attempt to get stronger. I've reached the point where I think gaining more will make it just that much harder to lose the body fat for my intended figure show this summer. I've gained about 1lb/wk on average for the last 6 months. Yikes!
    I wish I had the genes to stay so lean when increasing calories. 90% of everything I put back on goes to the belly....the circle area from the ribs down to the top of the pelvic area and in between the obliques. Then it is minimal everywhere else.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wow Steph, not logged into BBCom for quite some time, but boy, well done, you look awesome. It just shows what extra cals can do for you. Super impressed. Legs looking mean gal!
    Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one!

Journal 2011- "Bring On The Muscle Part II: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136157271

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Whats everyone's plans for NYE? I will be spending a quiet nite in with my 5 yr old ( hubby had to go back to work a couple of days ago so its just him and I). Going to do up some surf and turf .....a big ole steak, scallops, shrimp, fries maybe, and of course some sort of chocolate dessert and a bottle of champagne NOT tracking cals or macros today!
    I am suppose to go to a house party that I am not really into...I am undecided. I do not feel like drinking or being around smokers or tokers and I am really looking forward to having tomorrow as a day where I feel good, with nothing to do..no meal prep, no shopping, no working, no nothing if I opt to. I would like to watch an afternoon movie. I went on Christmas Day with my Mom to see Les Miserables and it was an amazing movie.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    We are probably just going to stay home with the kids and pop some fire crackers. I may try to talk my husband into some adult beverages too... LOL

Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    I wish I had the genes to stay so lean when increasing calories. 90% of everything I put back on goes to the belly....the circle area from the ribs down to the top of the pelvic area and in between the obliques. Then it is minimal everywhere else.
    It seems like all of my fattiness goes to my hips and upper inner/outer thighs. That's seriously the thing I hate the most... feeling my thighs rubbing together when I walk. I guess we are all self conscious about something. I have been told that I'm lucky to maintain the proportions I have during gaining phases. I suppose I am.

Originally Posted by dawndm View Post
    Wow Steph, not logged into BBCom for quite some time, but boy, well done, you look awesome. It just shows what extra cals can do for you. Super impressed. Legs looking mean gal!
    Wow well thanks so much!!! You are too kind! How are YOU doing these days? Bulking? Cutting? Maintaining??

I am suppose to go to a house party that I am not really into...I am undecided. I do not feel like drinking or being around smokers or tokers and I am really looking forward to having tomorrow as a day where I feel good, with nothing to do..no meal prep, no shopping, no working, no nothing if I opt to. I would like to watch an afternoon movie. I went on Christmas Day with my Mom to see Les Miserables and it was an amazing movie.
    I cannot WAIT to see Les Miserables. I just need to find someone to see it with me. My husband certainly isn't interested!

Oh... took a couple more pictures today to show my abs/back at this weight...

I cannot WAIT to see Les Miserables. I just need to find someone to see it with me. My husband certainly isn't interested!

Oh... took a couple more pictures today to show my abs/back at this weight...
    If I lived closer, I would go see it a second time with you.

You wont have much to do dieting for competition (*insert pang of jealousy**). Good job.

Happy New Year Everyone!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Happy New Year ladies! I'm officially on the cutting hard train but will be popping in here because I love to see everyone's progress....happy bulking in 2013!
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello,

I spent the last few weeks reading this entire thread and I'm ready to join in. I went from 143# and 28% bf in July to 125# and 19% bf a couple weeks ago (calipers by my trainer, so not perfect but useful for trends) by eating 1500-1700 calories daily and working out 3-4 times a week. My workouts have been full body resistance workouts, but more of an endurance style- lighter weights and higher reps and long holds, bodyweight stuff, that sort of thing. This has been good as I started with minor lower back and hip flexor issues, so it has allowed my joints to get back into things while building a starting base. I'd been pretty sedentary for a couple of yrs prior to starting, save for a yoga class or two a week. I can do 10-15 pushups on my toes now, and I could barely do them on my knees when I started! And I'm close to being able to do a pullup (I still need 10# assistance to get 4 or 5). I'm excited by these gains and ready for more!

I have about a month of sessions left with my trainer, and then I'll be on my own. I've read Starting Strength and NROL and I'm leaning towards the "skinny guy" plan in the latter unless I come across something that looks better before then. I considered Starting Strength but the power clean move looks a little technical, and I'm not sure my back is ready for all those heavy deadlifts. I work out with my trainer twice a week and I've been taking the third day to do a full body workout on my own- squats, bench press, pullups, overhead press, lunges and planks mainly.

Inspired by you all, I did up my calories a couple weeks ago. I have been eating 2200-2500 depending on the day, and am up a couple pounds in a couple weeks. I was making sure to get 100g protein daily when I was in a deficit (I guess a little too low), and now I make sure to get 130#. I plan to keep this up for at least 6 months- I figure I'll probably be back around my starting weight by then, but hopefully much stronger, and with just a few pounds of fat to lose.

I'll post pictures soon as I would love feedback. Happy new year all!

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Happy New Year ladies! I'm officially on the cutting hard train but will be popping in here because I love to see everyone's progress....happy bulking in 2013!
    Yes official cutting hard train here too. When is your competition?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes official cutting hard train here too. When is your competition?
    March 16th. Got about 15 pounds to drop as of today
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

March 16th. Got about 15 pounds to drop as of today
    You can do it!!! Meanwhile... I will remain in my fatt-assery for a bit longer. Mine isn't till July

You can do it!!! Meanwhile... I will remain in my fatt-assery for a bit longer. Mine isn't till July

That's exactly what I did all of November and December. I was supposed to be working back down to 145# but I wasn't really motivated to do so; the 8 to 12 week cut is gonna be balls-to-the-wall regardless

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I wish I look this amazing. You look great and you've made a lot of gains especially in your thighs. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you look just before your next competiton

Originally Posted by chrisateen View Post
    I wish I look this amazing. You look great and you've made a lot of gains especially in your thighs. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you look just before your next competiton
    Thanks hun! I hope you are right. I tend to carry the most FAT in my thighs so I'm always nervous there won't be much there when that's gone. How are you? What are your goals for this year?

LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanButNotMean is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Duration?

Sorry if this has been addressed in previous posts, but I am leaning towards doing a clean bulk but am not sure what the duration of the bulk should be. I am not going to be competing, just want to get stronger and leaner and think that a bulk/cut would be the best way to go. Suggestions? Let me know if more information is needed. Thanks in advance.

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Uploaded photos from today to my profile. Gotta start somewhere

Originally Posted by LeanButNotMean View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed in previous posts, but I am leaning towards doing a clean bulk but am not sure what the duration of the bulk should be. I am not going to be competing, just want to get stronger and leaner and think that a bulk/cut would be the best way to go. Suggestions? Let me know if more information is needed. Thanks in advance.
    How long to bulk is completely up to the individual and may depend on your current stats and how quickly you gain. I personally prefer to bulk a minimum of 6 months. This current bulk will be a little over 7 months for me. I've gained a bit more quickly than I intended AND I am planning to compete in a show in July so I have time limits. I would imagine that the longer the bulk, the better... especially if you are new to lifting and can take advantage of noob gains. If you can tolerate some extra body fat over the summer months I'd say bulk for an entire year at a small to moderate surplus.

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks hun! I hope you are right. I tend to carry the most FAT in my thighs so I'm always nervous there won't be much there when that's gone. How are you? What are your goals for this year?
    I'm ok thanks for asking. My aim now is to get through this current bulk. Weight gain has been a lot faster than expected (gained about 20lbs since september and 10lbs since I officially started my bulk) and as a result I will have to stop this bulk at the end of February which will make my bulk about 4.5 months. I know I should bulk longer but I took photos of myself yesterday and got nervous seeing the fat gains and going shopping last week made me feel fat and horrible. However gaining very quickly made me realise how much weight gain I could tolerate and if I can in my next bulk gain at a rate of 0.5lbs a week I could easily bulk for 8 months next winter

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ditto. I think I am actually fed up with eating. *shocker*

Won't be hitting it as hard as you though...at this stage I just want to fit into my normal clothes and not feel like I have 20 chins.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

What does everyone think of German Volume Training for bulking? I did PHAT for eight weeks and think I made good progress; hopefully I made some good gains. I definitely realized I'm stronger than I thought I was. I did enjoy it and am considering going back to it for another eight weeks but I have a friend doing GVT and it sounds interesting to me, but I'm not sure how it works for bulking. I was also toying with just going back to a split and not doing an actual program, but I found I actually enjoyed the structure of a program; it was nice not to think about what I had to do next and it was easier to follow the program.

As of 12/21, I was at 112 which equaled a gain of 7 pounds in eight weeks. I had maintained that weight as of 12/28. I was sick over Christmas and not really eating much for a couple days. I feel like I was a total pig over the weekend and New Year's. It was my birthday on 12/31 and I just ate a huge amount all throughout the day. My kids picked out an M&M ice cream cake for me and I didn't really even want any because I was going to dinner and it was 4:00 by the time we did the cake thing. But I wanted to share some cake with them. It was a very small sliver but I ended up eating dessert at dinner when I was already full, plus the champagne and wine and other various alcohol throughtout the night.

I ended up cooking my pot of gravy on Thursday since I wasn't able to cook it on Christmas Day so I've been having large amounts of pasta and meatballs for dinner every night since, and not counting since I have no idea of the calories. I just feel gross in a nutshell. Definitely will keep going obviously. It's more of a feeling of grossness than actually looking like I've gained at this point. I know it's mostly water.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dani - my understanding is that high volume training is something you want to do for a short duration (around a month) not long i.e. it should be a short-term part of a periodized program as doing it long-term can lead to overtraining.

I've done a few stints of high volume training and gotta say it gets boring real quick.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Page 249 of 330 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast