Page 253 of 330 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,590 of 9897
    KaraKlett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaraKlett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaraKlett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Respond to what low carb?? You need carbs to bulk. Plain and simple. Your body will adjust to more carbs. Bloating is to be expected but it settles down as your body adjusts to having them again. There's no reason to do low carb unless you have PCOS or a similar medical condition. Low carb can definitely lead to bingeing. No need to go there when leaning out either. Keeping carbs high as possible reduces the carb rebound when you go back to eating at maintenance.

I cannot have gluten/milk proteins, corn, or sulfites. I'm very well versed in not getting enough to eat. If gluten and dairy are your only issues count yourself lucky! You can definitely gain while avoiding both. But for calorie, energy, and muscle building reasons, you have to get your carbs up. 200g per day is not out of the question.

The game? People try to micro manage their activity level and intake, eat back spent calories, etc. It's a losing game and a pita. Pick a calorie target, stick to it, adjust according to your results. This is true whether bulking or leaning out.
    I meant I respond well to cutting on low carb. I don't think it has anything to do with my binging, like I said, my binging is due to my emotions. And I know I need carbs to grow... I never said I didn't. I can eat sweet potatoes and oats and brown rice all I want.

I'm still not getting my question answered. I'm not trying to micromanage. You said pick a target. If I eat that target and then work out, I'm not at that target anymore. So do I eat to get back to that target or not???

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Respond to what low carb?? You need carbs to bulk. Plain and simple. Your body will adjust to more carbs. Bloating is to be expected but it settles down as your body adjusts to having them again. There's no reason to do low carb unless you have PCOS or a similar medical condition. Low carb can definitely lead to bingeing. No need to go there when leaning out either. Keeping carbs high as possible reduces the carb rebound when you go back to eating at maintenance.

I cannot have gluten/milk proteins, corn, or sulfites. I'm very well versed in not getting enough to eat. If gluten and dairy are your only issues count yourself lucky! You can definitely gain while avoiding both. But for calorie, energy, and muscle building reasons, you have to get your carbs up. 200g per day is not out of the question.

The game? People try to micro manage their activity level and intake, eat back spent calories, etc. It's a losing game and a pita. Pick a calorie target, stick to it, adjust according to your results. This is true whether bulking or leaning out.
    So this is a little off topic, but I've read this thread from the beginning and one thing that has always impressed me is how freebirdmac keeps such an awesome attitude in the face of that kind of dietary restriction. It really provides perspective So props to you lady, you definitely inspire me.
    My training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150928103

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KaraKlett View Post
    I meant I respond well to cutting on low carb. I don't think it has anything to do with my binging, like I said, my binging is due to my emotions. And I know I need carbs to grow... I never said I didn't. I can eat sweet potatoes and oats and brown rice all I want.

I'm still not getting my question answered. I'm not trying to micromanage. You said pick a target. If I eat that target and then work out, I'm not at that target anymore. So do I eat to get back to that target or not???
    You can eat a lot of things! Coconut flour, buckwheat flour, bean flour, etc and make all kinds of good stuff. Variety will help you keep your calories up.

Yes you are at that target. Your target is based on your stats and your activity level. There is no needs to eat back or anything like that. Keep it simple. Don't worry that some weeks or days you seem more active than others. It balances out. I don't know how old you are but I'd have your maintenance around 2300 so you'd like to bulk around 2550. Maintain that caloric level daily. Give it a few months and see how things are going. Some gain fast, then it slows down, some lose at first, then gain, others just gain an average of 1/2 pound a week. That's why you have to give it at least 2-3 months.

Originally Posted by cmg1976 View Post
    So this is a little off topic, but I've read this thread from the beginning and one thing that has always impressed me is how freebirdmac keeps such an awesome attitude in the face of that kind of dietary restriction. It really provides perspective So props to you lady, you definitely inspire me.
    Thanks! It does get frustrating. I cannot put myself through what I went through on the last bulk (constant reactions). But I'm a stubborn old fart that won't throw in the towel. I may not gain weight for long before losing it again but I keep trying. I live vicariously through you guys and really enjoy seeing the progress, seeing women learn to eat big and not be afraid. It's really cool!

KaraKlett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaraKlett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaraKlett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can eat a lot of things! Coconut flour, buckwheat flour, bean flour, etc and make all kinds of good stuff. Variety will help you keep your calories up.

Yes you are at that target. Your target is based on your stats and your activity level. There is no needs to eat back or anything like that. Keep it simple. Don't worry that some weeks or days you seem more active than others. It balances out. I don't know how old you are but I'd have your maintenance around 2300 so you'd like to bulk around 2550. Maintain that caloric level daily. Give it a few months and see how things are going. Some gain fast, then it slows down, some lose at first, then gain, others just gain an average of 1/2 pound a week. That's why you have to give it at least 2-3 months.
    Thank you! That's what I've never understood so thank you for explaining that to me. Makes sense now. And I try to eat as paleo as possible but incorporate more GF foods to get carbs in.

Tctee376 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Freebirdmac, you are awesome and such a big help here! I'm enjoying eating more, that's for sure! I've been hungry for over a year now so this is fun for me!

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks! It does get frustrating. I cannot put myself through what I went through on the last bulk (constant reactions). But I'm a stubborn old fart that won't throw in the towel. I may not gain weight for long before losing it again but I keep trying. I live vicariously through you guys and really enjoy seeing the progress, seeing women learn to eat big and not be afraid. It's really cool![/QUOTE]

Well, I hope you do keep trying, and I wish you health and success- you deserve it!
    My training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150928103

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I respond really well low carb. I don't restrict a lot on purpose, I just can't eat a lot due to food allergies. And food addiction is the result of my binges. Emotional eating/depression/whatever.

And I don't understand what you mean, don't play that game. I'm new to this and don't know. I've never ate at maintenance or above. Always a deficit and I've never ate back calories before. So I honestly don't know.

My macros at 1875 are 148/121/47 p/f/c and I have no problem hitting that. It works really well for me for cutting.
    I eat gluten and dairy free and have no issues on finding enough variety to eat, no restrictions on much unless of course I am on a cut (trying to at the moment). There is a tonne of "fun" stuff to eat, however sometimes depending on the items, they come with a price. I have also found a decent protein powder to supplement with that contains no soy, whey and is gluten free.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    I eat gluten and dairy free and have no issues on finding enough variety to eat, no restrictions on much unless of course I am on a cut (trying to at the moment). There is a tonne of "fun" stuff to eat, however sometimes depending on the items, they come with a price. I have also found a decent protein powder to supplement with that contains no soy, whey and is gluten free.
    What I mean when I say variety, 'fun', I have to bulk very clean or my body will go into a frenzy. I eat lots of GF fun things all the time but I'd rather not since its triggering for me.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Forget the tight pants, how's it going in the gym? Focus on the positive!

So you had a massive carb overload over the weekend. Scale back this week on carbs, let the water ebb, and by the end of the week you should be feeling better
    You are so right - as always!! I'm sure I haven't dropped all the water yet but I feel better and am totally over the freak out. Legs was amazing today!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

I'm slowly reading through this entire thread- taking everything in. Currently on page 16.... long way to go.

But!! I need advice on a good training program that will really show me progression. NROLFW? Starting strength? Something I haven't heard of before? I've been lifting for almost a year, but I'm looking for something for a beginner because I've been lifting while eating on a deficit for that long.

I'm learning so much though and I thank everyone that has answered my questions. It's getting less scary the more I read.

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm slowly reading through this entire thread- taking everything in. Currently on page 16.... long way to go.

But!! I need advice on a good training program that will really show me progression. NROLFW? Starting strength? Something I haven't heard of before? I've been lifting for almost a year, but I'm looking for something for a beginner because I've been lifting while eating on a deficit for that long.

I'm learning so much though and I thank everyone that has answered my questions. It's getting less scary the more I read.
    I am partial to pyramid training with a 3 set, 8-12 rep. I love heavy stuff
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Both are good. All Pro's are another. His can be found by googling and it'll bring you to these forums. He has both beginner and intermediate routines. Lots of feedback from people too.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What I mean when I say variety, 'fun', I have to bulk very clean or my body will go into a frenzy. I eat lots of GF fun things all the time but I'd rather not since its triggering for me.
    Dark chocolate is clean, gluten free and DEFINITELY fun. So is peanut butter. I recommend the following recipe:

Take a piece of dark chocolate. Use it to scoop peanut butter out of the jar. Eat. Repeat.

You should find your bulk is delicious and highly effective with this method.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

I have a question for y'all. I have been on a deficit for 13 months until 2 weeks ago. I was so hungry and had enough of eating around 1400 cals/day and began eating "normal" ( food that I actually enjoy). I almost threw in the towel and gave up. That's not like me-I actually love working out. That's when I decided to try a bulk and build some muscle since everything has gone saggy! I weighed this morning and I was 144 lbs. I know some is water/food weight and I know that will happen while bulking. I've only been at this for a few days now so I'm sure most of the weight is from the junk I was eating. My question is do I still continue with the bulk since I am way heavier than I was before I gave up on everything? Sorry if I have confused anyone-it's hard to type out my question so it will make sense! I'm still fairly new to the world of fitness and am confused now!!

Originally Posted by Tctee376 View Post
    I have a question for y'all. I have been on a deficit for 13 months until 2 weeks ago. I was so hungry and had enough of eating around 1400 cals/day and began eating "normal" ( food that I actually enjoy). I almost threw in the towel and gave up. That's not like me-I actually love working out. That's when I decided to try a bulk and build some muscle since everything has gone saggy! I weighed this morning and I was 144 lbs. I know some is water/food weight and I know that will happen while bulking. I've only been at this for a few days now so I'm sure most of the weight is from the junk I was eating. My question is do I still continue with the bulk since I am way heavier than I was before I gave up on everything? Sorry if I have confused anyone-it's hard to type out my question so it will make sense! I'm still fairly new to the world of fitness and am confused now!!
    Keep going!! No way did you eat 3500 x 11(?) calories in two weeks. You were way under eating for too long. You'r body is soaking up that carb water and glycogen like there's no tomorrow! It will settle out in a few weeks. Do get a sanity check on your caloric intake as well as what you think maintenance is. You may gain faster than normal until your metabolism kicks in, or in a few week you may see that you're actually leaning out. It really depends on your calorie intake over the past year and if there were diet breaks and cheats. But by all means, keep going!

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tctee376 View Post
    The point of a bulk is to gain muscle. You clearly didn't do that in 'a few days'. Bulking is not really about weight - we weigh ourselves in order to tell whether our calories are sufficient. For now, your body has a lot of adjusting to do since you basically abused it for a long time. Let it get used to normal and healthy first. Then once it has settled down, you can start using weight as a tool to help gauge your progress. When I started bulking I gained 13lb in 2-3 weeks. Pretty much entirely water!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

Happyplace-yep, definitely no muscle gained! Thanks for helping out! I will not weigh for a while then. No problems there!! I figured it was the under eating thing but really, at the time, I thought it was right. I just did not know and there is so much wrong info on the internet. What sucks is I was going backwards instead of moving forward as I thought I was doing. Thank goodness I realized it. Better late than never, I suppose!

Freebirdmac-Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it! It is so hard to figure all of this out so everyone's help is truly appreciated! My maintenance, according to calculators, all vary. Some say 1900, some say 2000. So, I picked 2300 to start off with and will adjust as needed later on down the road when my body gets adjusted. That number on the scale was just a shock but I now realize the 1400 cals I was eating was definitely not enough. And no, I didn't eat 3500 cals a day x 11!! I never had any diet breaks until my funk set in, but I did have cheat meals. Not all that often though but I should have. Maybe once a month or every few weeks.

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Dark chocolate is clean, gluten free and DEFINITELY fun. So is peanut butter. I recommend the following recipe:

Take a piece of dark chocolate. Use it to scoop peanut butter out of the jar. Eat. Repeat.

You should find your bulk is delicious and highly effective with this method.
    Replace peanut butter with almond butter and I'm in heaven!!! I have been having fun lately. Read to kill my workout tonight!

Replace peanut butter with almond butter and I'm in heaven!!! I have been having fun lately. Read to kill my workout tonight!
    mmmmmmmmmmm any nut butter is heaven right now damn even a sniff...

Okay so reading through this post, I'm getting mixed feelings about macros from everyone while bulking. I'm seeing some that don't track at all, some that worry about protein, some fat, some carbs, etc.

What is the best approach to this? I've read the calculating calories and macros thread several times that I almost have it memorized. I'm just unclear as to what my macros should be while bulking or should I even worry about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay so reading through this post, I'm getting mixed feelings about macros from everyone while bulking. I'm seeing some that don't track at all, some that worry about protein, some fat, some carbs, etc.

What is the best approach to this? I've read the calculating calories and macros thread several times that I almost have it memorized. I'm just unclear as to what my macros should be while bulking or should I even worry about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Protein = 1g per pound of body weight, fat = 0.3g per pound of body weight, the rest is mainly carbs. No need to be terribly strict on macros when bulking. Your energy levels, rest and recovery ability will tell you if you need adjustments.

Protein = 1g per pound of body weight, fat = 0.3g per pound of body weight, the rest is mainly carbs. No need to be terribly strict on macros when bulking. Your energy levels, rest and recovery ability will tell you if you need adjustments.
    Thanks a lot! I generally go over protein. I love meat way more than carbs, haha!

Thanks a lot! I generally go over protein. I love meat way more than carbs, haha!
    Going to 1.5g per pound of body weight is ok. More is a waste nutritionally.

Your energy levels, rest and recovery ability will tell you if you need adjustments.
    I agree with this, your body will tell you. The macros I would use or FBM use would be totally different with two different body types, digestive and dietary issues, etc...I am a believer that your body will guide you with what you need.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have any of you ladies felt at any point during your bulk that when you cut, you will find it hard to do so because you are used to eating so much food??? That's how I feel atm. You know sometimes when you're so full you think "I'm tired of eating and I feel and look fat I just wanna cut!" but then the idea of cutting just seems impossible because you don't think you'd be able to eat less than the amount you're consuming now. I'm scared that I won't be able to cut properly when the time comes. Does anybody else know this feel?
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    Have any of you ladies felt at any point during your bulk that when you cut, you will find it hard to do so because you are used to eating so much food??? That's how I feel atm. You know sometimes when you're so full you think "I'm tired of eating and I feel and look fat I just wanna cut!" but then the idea of cutting just seems impossible because you don't think you'd be able to eat less than the amount you're consuming now. I'm scared that I won't be able to cut properly when the time comes. Does anybody else know this feel?
    I think everyone goes through this to some degree. But when you are ready to make that switch, you do get psyched for it. Yes, hunger pangs you have to resist suck. But usually you adjust after 2 weeks. And your mind misses the food, but not as much as you might think. You zone in on your next goal. Shedding some fluff so you can see how much muscle you really gained.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was worried about this when I started cutting over the summer but by that point I was literally so tired of eating and so anxious to see what if anything I gained, that it really wasn't so bad. I lowered my calories gradually bc I thought it was going to be so difficult. I'm not sure if that's the correct way to go and I'm not sure ill do it that way next cut. Beings it was summertime and hot, it was great to grill chicken and have salads and it really wasn't too bad until I got close to when I called it quits on cutting. I think it does make it somewhat easier to diet when you start seeing the results of your bulk. I'm definitely not ready to cut yet but I think by the time I am, I'll actually be pretty excited about it.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dieted down for over 8 months with about 6 to 8 weeks of serious cutting and the end....I was sooooo ready to bulk and eat anything I wanted. Then after about 5 months of bulking I got kind of sick of lots of food and really got anxious to start cutting again.

I think you will know when you are mentally ready to start cutting. It is like being a kid around Christmas time...eagerly waiting to receive that unexpected gift.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I dieted down for over 8 months with about 6 to 8 weeks of serious cutting and the end....I was sooooo ready to bulk and eat anything I wanted.
    This is where I'm at. After 6 months of dieting my body basically told me that it was time to eat more. At the moment I'm just trying to work out what my maintenace is, or thereabouts. Which brings me to my next question....Is there an optimum amount of weight to put on each week? I know I'll gain some fat, but obviously would like to maximise the muscle without gaining excessive fat.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    This is where I'm at. After 6 months of dieting my body basically told me that it was time to eat more. At the moment I'm just trying to work out what my maintenace is, or thereabouts. Which brings me to my next question....Is there an optimum amount of weight to put on each week? I know I'll gain some fat, but obviously would like to maximise the muscle without gaining excessive fat.
    The cover-all everyone uses is 0.5# per week. I gained a lot quicker than that, but I wasn't going to risk not making maximum gains due to time constraints. I may not go so hard next time. I think most of my 'excessive' fat gains came immediately after my cut since I didn't reverse diet and went straight to maintenance.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Page 253 of 330 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 ... LastLast