Page 239 of 330 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,170 of 9897
    Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering where all the strong chicks are! LOL

While I agree that it's quite possible that some women could be lifting more than they are... I don't think that's true for me. I have been lifting so heavy and hard that I've taxed my CNS into forced breaks twice so far since August. I have pushed until I can't physically push anymore. I was supposed to be on deload with no training at all but went today anyways against my coach's advise. So stupid. I should have listened to her. I'm not going at all tomorrow and on Wednesday I will train WITH her and sit down with her to discuss a new routine that is much lower in volume than PHAT. I am determined to grow and I need to just get over myself and my tendency to be hardheaded. After 4 full days off (no training or cardio) I was feeling like a total blob and having trouble coping with the gains. As long as I'm in the gym and lifting I can justify the extra calories and the pudginess. I get a great boost from the strength gains and the pump. When I'm just sitting at home on forced deload I have a much harder time mentally coping with the bulk. I need to just suck it up and accept the chub whether I'm training or resting. Last I weighed myself, I was 144lbs!!!! That is 19lbs up from my show weight. I was a bit mortified. I am hoping this bulk doesn't become a fulk! Even so, I refuse to drop calories and miss my chance to add some mass during this off season.
    You are in that 1% of women who lift hard enough The results show it too!!!
    You are one of those girls from who a lot of us should learn - not afraid to bulk properly and train right.
    I will be joining the bulk team on my return from the Everest trek and I am hoping I can do as well as you.

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coconuttree2009 View Post
    You are in that 1% of women who lift hard enough The results show it too!!!
    You are one of those girls from who a lot of us should learn - not afraid to bulk properly and train right.
    I will be joining the bulk team on my return from the Everest trek and I am hoping I can do as well as you.
    Awwww... thanks so much!!! I'll be here to cheer you on when you are ready to join us!

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)

Intentions

Hi Girls,

I have never posted a photo before, so hope I've done it right.

I am 104lbs at the moment Unintentional cut.

In few days time I am leaving for Nepal to do the Everest Base Camp trek and I had good intentions to bulk up a bit before I go in order to have some fluff on me to avoid muscle mass loss as much as possible. I failed miserably due to a horrid food poisoning which damaged my stomach lining and for weeks I was not able to eat properly due to nausea.

After consulting with FreeBirdMac, I am going away and will try to stick to high carb, moderate protein diet on the trek but some muscle loss will be unavoidable and I will probably return even smaller (((((((

This leads me to join the bulking team on my return right away and try to bulk for as long as I can manage.

My official bulk will start on the 3rd of December hoping to get to at least 120lbs with some quality mass.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ladies I could do with some input.

Last night, and this happens often, I couldn't sleep from hunger even though I am eating enough to maintain my weight - NEVER under 2000 and tends to average out around 2250. I'm on a bulk 'break' right now as I have been bulking continuously since Feb 2012. However it seems my body is still in bulking mode and is not happy on this calorie intake. My refeeds are spectacular of late (1500 calories of granola never mind the rest of the meal) and feel almost desperate, not a binge because I know I need that fuel from the physical signs but I eat like an animal, no interest in taste, just getting food into me ASAP. It isn't *right*, that I am getting to that point despite not cutting.

I just dunno what to do as I have cut out all cardio, finally managing to maintain therefore eating the right amount, but then having these epic refeeds. Time to bulk again or am I f*cking up somewhere along the line? Protein is way high, ditto fibre, hitting all my micros, eating clean...

I don't really want to get much bigger, at 5'1, 18% fat and 110-112lbs this feels like a good place for the look I want to achieve. Mostly working on balancing out my shape and strengthening the little unseen muscles.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Ladies I could do with some input.

Last night, and this happens often, I couldn't sleep from hunger even though I am eating enough to maintain my weight - NEVER under 2000 and tends to average out around 2250. I'm on a bulk 'break' right now as I have been bulking continuously since Feb 2012. However it seems my body is still in bulking mode and is not happy on this calorie intake. My refeeds are spectacular of late (1500 calories of granola never mind the rest of the meal) and feel almost desperate, not a binge because I know I need that fuel from the physical signs but I eat like an animal, no interest in taste, just getting food into me ASAP. It isn't *right*, that I am getting to that point despite not cutting.

I just dunno what to do as I have cut out all cardio, finally managing to maintain therefore eating the right amount, but then having these epic refeeds. Time to bulk again or am I f*cking up somewhere along the line? Protein is way high, ditto fibre, hitting all my micros, eating clean...

I don't really want to get much bigger, at 5'1, 18% fat and 110-112lbs this feels like a good place for the look I want to achieve. Mostly working on balancing out my shape and strengthening the little unseen muscles.
    What are your current macros? Fat intake is the first thing to look at. How are your meals and snacks dispersed through the day. Where do your workouts fit in relative to your meal schedule?

happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    What are your current macros? Fat intake is the first thing to look at. How are your meals and snacks dispersed through the day. Where do your workouts fit in relative to your meal schedule?
    Averages for the past week:
    Carbs 343
    Fat 46 (normally this is higher, basically depends what meat and fish I bulk cooked at the weekend - this week was tuna and chicken which brought it way down whereas usually there would be a lot of salmon)
    Protein 156
    Calories 2251

I eat 3 bigger meals about 450-550 cals each with generally 30g+ of protein and 3 snacks about 200-350 cals which I also am careful to include a decent amount of protein in. I basically eat every 3 hours even if I'm not hungry. I usually work out before my afternoon snack which is the biggest snack of the day and is Greek yoghurt, fruit and oats or a bowl of oatmeal and eggs. Otherwise if I workout early in the morning I switch my morning snack and breakfast so that I am getting a good refuel.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Averages for the past week:
    Carbs 343
    Fat 46 (normally this is higher, basically depends what meat and fish I bulk cooked at the weekend - this week was tuna and chicken which brought it way down whereas usually there would be a lot of salmon)
    Protein 156
    Calories 2251

I eat 3 bigger meals about 450-550 cals each with generally 30g+ of protein and 3 snacks about 200-350 cals which I also am careful to include a decent amount of protein in. I basically eat every 3 hours even if I'm not hungry. I usually work out before my afternoon snack which is the biggest snack of the day and is Greek yoghurt, fruit and oats or a bowl of oatmeal and eggs. Otherwise if I workout early in the morning I switch my morning snack and breakfast so that I am getting a good refuel.
    You definitely need more fat. Carbs are great. I am big proponent of eating plenty of carbs, but at 343 versus your fat intake, it's off. Carbs are not as filling as fat nor do they last as long. Kind of like Chinese meals... hungry in an hour. While it's great to get good fats from tuna and salmon, you need other sources. Filling sources. Like nuts, seeds, nut/seed butters, avocado... You could easily dial the carbs back and up fats to around 100g. I'd also swap your afternoon snack for a smaller meal with chicken or steak and potatoes. Pre-dinner so to speak. Then after dinner go with your normal snacks but add in a bowl of oatmeal before bed.

You definitely need more fat. Carbs are great. I am big proponent of eating plenty of carbs, but at 343 versus your fat intake, it's off. Carbs are not as filling as fat nor do they last as long. Kind of like Chinese meals... hungry in an hour. While it's great to get good fats from tuna and salmon, you need other sources. Filling sources. Like nuts, seeds, nut/seed butters, avocado... You could easily dial the carbs back and up fats to around 100g. I'd also swap your afternoon snack for a smaller meal with chicken or steak and potatoes. Pre-dinner so to speak. Then after dinner go with your normal snacks but add in a bowl of oatmeal before bed.
    I just genuinely dislike high fat foods. I tried eating full fat dairy but it's so cloying, and dislike red meats generally. I'll try and eat more nuts and oily fish though, that I can do for sure. I will also try swapping out my afternoon snack for a mini-regular meal. So you think I need a whole extra bowl of oatmeal before bed as well as my regular evening snack? That would up my cals quite a bit...I'm not adverse to the idea per se of increasing cals but it doesn't make sense that I should need to, you know? My cals are pretty decent for a girl of my size even if I am busy in the day.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just genuinely dislike high fat foods. I tried eating full fat dairy but it's so cloying, and dislike red meats generally. I'll try and eat more nuts and oily fish though, that I can do for sure. I will also try swapping out my afternoon snack for a mini-regular meal. So you think I need a whole extra bowl of oatmeal before bed as well as my regular evening snack? That would up my cals quite a bit...I'm not adverse to the idea per se of increasing cals but it doesn't make sense that I should need to, you know? My cals are pretty decent for a girl of my size even if I am busy in the day.

Do you supplement with fish oils (omega 3) at all? It's definitely an easy way to get a few extra grams in without increasing cals significantly.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Do you supplement with fish oils (omega 3) at all? It's definitely an easy way to get a few extra grams in without increasing cals significantly.
    I don't but now you mention it I have no idea why I'm not. Thanks - I will find some tomorrow in the health food store and start taking them. Like I said, not adverse to increasing cals if there's a good reason but fatty foods don't do it for me taste-wise.

Oily fish won't give you the hunger curbing effects like nuts and nut butters. You'll probably find that a handful of macadamia nuts (or almonds/walnuts) does you better as the same calorie amount in carbs. Or a spoonful of nut/seed butter. What we're going for here is keeping you satiated.

It may be that once you have an afternoon mini meal in plus dinner plus get in more fats that your bedtime hunger goes away. While you're tweaking your diet I would use a bowl of oatmeal before bed to satisfy any hunger. Even half a bowl. You can accommodate the extra cals by cutting carbs throughout the day or not having a snack if you're not hungry. It may be that your body simply wants/needs more fuel later in the day.

Why are nuts more filling than oily fish? I have never come across that concept before but it's really interesting to me.

I will start out by increasing fats (initially to 50g and I'll just keep raising it by 5g slowly so it's not a big shock to the system, including the fish oil supplement) and trying the afternoon mini-meal plus evening oatmeal and see how that goes. I guess I'll know within 4-6 weeks whether it will work. If needs be i guess I will keep bulking since body seems to enjoy that.

Why are nuts more filling than oily fish? I have never come across that concept before but it's really interesting to me.

I will start out by increasing fats (initially to 50g and I'll just keep raising it by 5g slowly so it's not a big shock to the system, including the fish oil supplement) and trying the afternoon mini-meal plus evening oatmeal and see how that goes. I guess I'll know within 4-6 weeks whether it will work. If needs be i guess I will keep bulking since body seems to enjoy that.
    Do you like nuts or peanut butter? Try a handful of nuts or a spoonful of peanut butter when you're hungry and judge the results. One of my favorite snacks is a banana with a spoonful of sunflower butter. They really are great for curbing hunger. An equivalent piece of salmon or tuna just doesn't quite do it. Probably because of the nutrients involved. If you're interested in the benefits besides omega 3 take a look here http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php. You can search for other foods as well as medical conditions too.

Would eggs be a good choice to increase fats? I currently eat 1 in my morning oatmeal but could easily increase that to 2-4 per day...? Idk how satiating they are considered or the quality of the fats.

Would eggs be a good choice to increase fats? I currently eat 1 in my morning oatmeal but could easily increase that to 2-4 per day...? Idk how satiating they are considered or the quality of the fats.
    Eggs are great. Personally I don't find them filling. The most filling fat for me is sunflower butter. Followed by nuts.

For those of you concerned about calorie intake when you're maintaining, ill, on vacation, or taking a break I want to assure you that you are not going to pork out if you don't lower your calories while out of the gym. Due to injury, which turned out to be downward scapular rotation syndrome, I'm only doing an upper/lower routine. As in at the gym only two times a week. For the last 3 months. And I've missed several workouts during this time. Prior to that, and diagnosis, for about 4 months I was trying everything, less volume, no workouts, etc. Definitely off my normal 4x week high volume routines. Anyway, I eat close to 2000 calories and have not gained in spite of the less than stellar workouts. I sit on my butt all day at work. I have lost upper body size from the limited workouts but that's it.

Don't be afraid of the breaks or of eating at maintenance. Lifting, like cardio, isn't what really drives fat loss or gain.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For those of you concerned about calorie intake when you're maintaining, ill, on vacation, or taking a break I want to assure you that you are not going to pork out if you don't lower your calories while out of the gym.
    Yup, yup. As some of you know, I had major surgery Oct 2 and, until the end of last week, the only physical activity I was allowed was short walks and very light housework. They wouldn't even let me vacuum. It was sad. I'm still not cleared for heavy lifting, though at least I'm back at the gym. Anyway, I dieted almost all summer prior to surgery because I was positive I would gain at least five pounds of pure fat during my recovery. In fact, I ended up losing another 2 or 3 pounds the first few weeks postop, even with the enforced inactivity and the fact I was cooking, baking, and eating a lot while stuck in the house. Recovering from surgery, injury, or illness apparently uses MANY calories. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have continued bulking all summer.

So, hoping at my Dec 4th doctor's appointment I'll be told my internal stitches are all healed and I can skwat and deadlift again, hallelujah. At which point I'll be back in this thread with y'all, attempting to put back on the muscle I lost
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Tried the mini-meal (ok it was a full sized meal) after pm workout and increased fats today. So far HUGE thumbs up. Peanut butter and eggs in oatmeal works wonders for my hunger. In fact although my fat intake was up today, my calories were lower than expected because I didn't need a big dinner

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For those of you concerned about calorie intake when you're maintaining, ill, on vacation, or taking a break I want to assure you that you are not going to pork out if you don't lower your calories while out of the gym. Due to injury, which turned out to be downward scapular rotation syndrome, I'm only doing an upper/lower routine. As in at the gym only two times a week. For the last 3 months. And I've missed several workouts during this time. Prior to that, and diagnosis, for about 4 months I was trying everything, less volume, no workouts, etc. Definitely off my normal 4x week high volume routines. Anyway, I eat close to 2000 calories and have not gained in spite of the less than stellar workouts. I sit on my butt all day at work. I have lost upper body size from the limited workouts but that's it.

Don't be afraid of the breaks or of eating at maintenance. Lifting, like cardio, isn't what really drives fat loss or gain.
    are you ecto?
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    are you ecto?
    Honestly, I don't believe in any of those body types. It's calories in versus calories out. Which is my point. We can eat far more than we think. Exercise, no matter how you choose to do it is a small part of gaining or losing fat. It's mostly all about diet.

Tried the mini-meal (ok it was a full sized meal) after pm workout and increased fats today. So far HUGE thumbs up. Peanut butter and eggs in oatmeal works wonders for my hunger. In fact although my fat intake was up today, my calories were lower than expected because I didn't need a big dinner
    Yay! Although peanut butter and eggs in oatmeal sounds really gross!

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, I don't believe in any of those body types. It's calories in versus calories out. Which is my point. We can eat far more than we think. Exercise, no matter how you choose to do it is a small part of gaining or losing fat. It's mostly all about diet.
    Reason I asked is that I have never experienced having to worry about losing size or weight, It's always about getting fat, or maintaining the current weight. I guess when you're bulking it's different because you're carrying a lot of water, and you're at a surplus? I haven't worked out in about 5 days and I gained 2lbs but I don't know how much is water and fat. It's probably all water, but I can never tell. I've never experienced losing when taking a break.
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I measured my bicep and I am up one inch to 13 inches. I hope it will not deflate too much when I will do a cut cycle. Make me wonder what I look like under the flab. At least muscle gain is the only positive part of have PCOS and higher natural testosterone.... because every other side effects suck!!!!!

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    Reason I asked is that I have never experienced having to worry about losing size or weight, It's always about getting fat, or maintaining the current weight. I guess when you're bulking it's different because you're carrying a lot of water, and you're at a surplus? I haven't worked out in about 5 days and I gained 2lbs but I don't know how much is water and fat. It's probably all water, but I can never tell. I've never experienced losing when taking a break.
    No, I'm not at a surplus. Those are maintenance calories. What I could eat if I were able to work out normally wouldn't be much more.

Size loss comes from not working out much. You lose pump fast.

Once I'm able to do a bit more I am going to try a funky bulk (my term). See if I can at least accomplish some lower body growth.

stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Howdy yall.

So I got my new training program from my coach yesterday. It's very low volume and based on the Doggcrapp training model. Are any of you familiar with this? She swears by it and since I totally respect and admire her... I'm willing to believe her and give it a try. From what I've heard, however, it is a program for advanced lifters. I think I can hang...

Howdy yall.

So I got my new training program from my coach yesterday. It's very low volume and based on the Doggcrapp training model. Are any of you familiar with this? She swears by it and since I totally respect and admire her... I'm willing to believe her and give it a try. From what I've heard, however, it is a program for advanced lifters. I think I can hang...
    Yep. I've heard of it. Heard good things too. All you can do is run it and see if you like it.

Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Howdy yall.

LEt us know what you think about it.

Yep. I've heard of it. Heard good things too. All you can do is run it and see if you like it.
    Yep... you're right... and she said the same thing! It's very low volume but intense. She is going to run a similar routine with some modifications and we will both do it for 8 weeks and reassess. The goal is to make some measurable strength gains and there is a lot of logging and tracking involved.

Originally Posted by Yanicka1 View Post
    LEt us know what you think about it.
    I certainly will! I did notice some great results with PHAT but I feel it's time to move on to something else. Recovery was a major issue for me and I was wondering if the high volume of PHAT might end up limiting me in the area of strength gains. We shall see! It's all kinda an experiment but that is what I like about it. Perhaps mixing things up will provide new stimulus for growth!

As for my weight... I'm hoping that my gains on the scale will plateau or at least slow down a bit. I've gained too much too quickly. I'm feeling thick but I'm not going to freak out about it. My coach said I should aim to stay here (at about 145lbs) for a bit and just "harden up."

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yep... you're right... and she said the same thing! It's very low volume but intense. She is going to run a similar routine with some modifications and we will both do it for 8 weeks and reassess. The goal is to make some measurable strength gains and there is a lot of logging and tracking involved.

I certainly will! I did notice some great results with PHAT but I feel it's time to move on to something else. Recovery was a major issue for me and I was wondering if the high volume of PHAT might end up limiting me in the area of strength gains. We shall see! It's all kinda an experiment but that is what I like about it. Perhaps mixing things up will provide new stimulus for growth!

As for my weight... I'm hoping that my gains on the scale will plateau or at least slow down a bit. I've gained too much too quickly. I'm feeling thick but I'm not going to freak out about it. My coach said I should aim to stay here (at about 145lbs) for a bit and just "harden up."
    I have heard of DoggCrapp training....I hear its brutal! If I am not mistaken it requires a training partner? I think thats why I nixed it. Let me know how it goes, and good luck with it..

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very interested to see how doggcrapp goes too!! It's so different from PHAT. I hope you enjoy it

Page 239 of 330 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 ... LastLast