Page 236 of 330 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,080 of 9897
    DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    It really is an epiphany when you find a way to get your mind out of the way. Everyone finds their own way. Imagining the weights are light. Or internal yelling/cursing. Or other tricks. The minute you think you can't or that it's going to be hard you lose. Push for 8 on a higher weight. Next week push for 9 or 10. Tell yourself at the start of each set that you are going to do this. The weight is not going to win. Get mean. Get ugly
    I like this, too!!!!! I think I can get mean with no problem these days. It'll be a good outlet for all the negativity. LOL Taking it out on the weights will be a good thing. I've definitely started to break through mentally a little bit. I've been trying to go for a weight on certain things that I think might be too much and sometimes I've been right and can't get them up at all but at least I tried. I just need to push more on the 3-5 range.

I'm definitely looking forward to next week even more now, and testing myself a little. My abs instructor's favorite saying is "Don't be afraid to fail." It's a good way to approach the mental thing.

And I don't know if it was just doing things differently or what, but I'm sore as hell this week. I did push pretty hard with legs yesterday. Ouch is allI have to say LOL
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    I havent posted in awhile. Ive been bulking for a year now. Still going but Ive hit a plateau. I finally reached 90lb (im 5'2, started at 76lb last year)
    I havent been in the 90s since i was 16 years old. Im not fitting into a lot of my winter clothes, but im super excited to finally be able to wear adult size 00-0 without having to get it tailored smaller. I love my new curves and fuller face. I need to keep going. Its hard getting my cals higher. I just need to cut the **** and eat more, I know. My workouts are great, i just need more cals. And, while I love how I look, its hard getting used to the FEELING of being heavier. I just need to get over it/get used to it. Maybe its ok to take it slow. I just cant stop. Sorry to hijack the thread. You all are great motivation.

** FYI those of you who dont remember me or know me: the obvious eating disorder issue has been addressed here already, so no need to rehash..I am aware of it.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    I havent posted in awhile. Ive been bulking for a year now. Still going but Ive hit a plateau. I finally reached 90lb (im 5'2, started at 76lb last year)
    I havent been in the 90s since i was 16 years old. Im not fitting into a lot of my winter clothes, but im super excited to finally be able to wear adult size 00-0 without having to get it tailored smaller. I love my new curves and fuller face. I need to keep going. Its hard getting my cals higher. I just need to cut the **** and eat more, I know. My workouts are great, i just need more cals. And, while I love how I look, its hard getting used to the FEELING of being heavier. I just need to get over it/get used to it. Maybe its ok to take it slow. I just cant stop. Sorry to hijack the thread. You all are great motivation.

** FYI those of you who dont remember me or know me: the obvious eating disorder issue has been addressed here already, so no need to rehash..I am aware of it.
    Great to hear from you! And it's really great that you've been so successful mentally and physically. While you can't back off the eating, have you taken weeks off from lifting? Schedule in deload weeks? Keep going!

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)

Great to hear from you!!! It sounds like you are doing really well - keep up the good work and check in when you can!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wondering, do bikini ladies go through a bulk phase? or do they just diet, eat healthy all year round and lose the extra 5lbs before competition? Because I was thinking, maybe having a bikini body year round would be great, it looks really good, I could just maintain it and slowly build muscle or is it not possible?

Right now I'm far from it lol, I have too much fat esp. in my inner thighs and lower belly (pear shaped)
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

liftette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, even in a bulk we'd like to go faster. Do you feel you're giving it your all in the gym. Pushing past psychological limits? The reason I ask is that food is only one ingredient to a successful bulk. You really have to up the volume and intensity. You should feel the difference in this type of workout versus workouts while maintaining or leaning out.
    Today I certainly felt I did. I went to grab two 15 pound weights for my step-ups and another guy was going to grab the weights so I said screw it, I'll do the 20 pound weights instead and I really felt it. I need to up all weights even more I think. Sometimes I choose a lower weight because I want to get the form right but I'm not sure that's always the best idea.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by liftette View Post
    Today I certainly felt I did. I went to grab two 15 pound weights for my step-ups and another guy was going to grab the weights so I said screw it, I'll do the 20 pound weights instead and I really felt it. I need to up all weights even more I think. Sometimes I choose a lower weight because I want to get the form right but I'm not sure that's always the best idea.
    I think that depends on the risk of injury involved. With step ups I guess there is not much chance of it, compared to something like bench press where you could land a rotator cuff injury from poor form. That's how I go about deciding how heavy to go.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great to hear from you! And it's really great that you've been so successful mentally and physically. While you can't back off the eating, have you taken weeks off from lifting? Schedule in deload weeks? Keep going!
    I havent taken time off from lifting since I enjoy it and it definitely helps me eat more. Do people normally do this? I think it would be difficult to stop for a few weeks completely. But I do take time off when I have to..for traveling, sickness, rest days, etc.
    Ill check in when I can. Anyone else bulking and working nights? Its pretty challenging, but Ive literally had to throw all those myths about meal timing completely out the window in order to stay sane. But it is somewhat easier because now it seems like I have 24 hours out of the day to get all my calories in rather than fitting them all in during a typical 12-18 hour wake period. Its strange.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I havent taken time off from lifting since I enjoy it and it definitely helps me eat more. Do people normally do this? I think it would be difficult to stop for a few weeks completely. But I do take time off when I have to..for traveling, sickness, rest days, etc.
    Ill check in when I can. Anyone else bulking and working nights? Its pretty challenging, but Ive literally had to throw all those myths about meal timing completely out the window in order to stay sane. But it is somewhat easier because now it seems like I have 24 hours out of the day to get all my calories in rather than fitting them all in during a typical 12-18 hour wake period. Its strange.

You don't have to take completely off. It's always good to incorporate deload weeks (about 70 to 80% of normal working weight and volume) to let the CNS recover. I typically do these when I find myself dragging in the gym, demotivated, or overtraining and not sleeping well at night.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    Just wondering, do bikini ladies go through a bulk phase? or do they just diet, eat healthy all year round and lose the extra 5lbs before competition? Because I was thinking, maybe having a bikini body year round would be great, it looks really good, I could just maintain it and slowly build muscle or is it not possible?

Right now I'm far from it lol, I have too much fat esp. in my inner thighs and lower belly (pear shaped)
    I really don't know. You'd need to ask some of these ladies.

Originally Posted by liftette View Post
    There's good form and then there's good form. As happyface said you don't want to injure yourself. So maintain good enough form to at least avoid injury. Part of good form is range of motion (rom). When upping weights full rom isn't always achievable initially. That's ok so long as you work towards full rom before going up again.

You wouldn't stop for a few weeks. Deloads should be scheduled in. A week off here and there because you're worn down physically or mentally or simply have a bunch of stuff to do in real life is also good. You don't have to wait for illness or vacations.

Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have seen many newbies that didn't have nearly enough muscles compared to the other competitors. All that work for nothing make me sad.

I might be showing my age but half the time I just want to grab people by the shoulders and shake some sense into them...... why want to look like someone else? Be the best than you can be but trying to have this person abs or this other person legs will only results in disappointment. Be you and then maybe you will be even better than the person you admire.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)

She's not bikini, but I've heard Erin Stern say she doesn't do bulk/cut cycles and pretty much maintains her look year round (just doing a short stint dieting down for comps). Not quite sure how she does it but it clearly works for her. Maybe she bulked early on, built up decent lean mass & then has just stayed around maintenance and built up further lean mass very slowly from there.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    She's not bikini, but I've heard Erin Stern say she doesn't do bulk/cut cycles and pretty much maintains her look year round (just doing a short stint dieting down for comps). Not quite sure how she does it but it clearly works for her. Maybe she bulked early on, built up decent lean mass & then has just stayed around maintenance and built up further lean mass very slowly from there.
    She bulked early on. It took her three years to get to where she is, which I'm certain she's made more but slower progress since then with maintaining +8 to +10# from stage weight.

It's floating around here on the forums but she posted a before and after shot on her ******** page.
    Last edited by megdaig; 11-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    She bulked early on. It took her three years to get to where she is, which I'm certain she's made more but slower progress since then with maintaining +8 to +10# from stage weight.

It's floating around here on the forums but she posted a before and after shot on her ******** page.
    Yeah I've seen those pics. I just assumed the 'before' was early on in her career and she hadn't dieted down enough/had enough lean mass at that stage yet. I can't recall ever hearing anything about her specifically bulking but I'm amazed it only took her 3 years - that seems such a short amount of time.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    she's been an athlete most of her life. Competed in high school and college high jump/track & field.

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just wanted to ask what is the signs that tells one that bulking is going well or going badly.

Also a weird thing happened at the gym today. I notice my muscles are coming out really well (a lot better than a year ago) when I am lifting but at the same timewworrying about my muffin top getting bigger (Probably me panicking for nothing)

Originally Posted by chrisateen View Post
    I just wanted to ask what is the signs that tells one that bulking is going well or going badly.

Also a weird thing happened at the gym today. I notice my muscles are coming out really well (a lot better than a year ago) when I am lifting but at the same timewworrying about my muffin top getting bigger (Probably me panicking for nothing)
    Weight should go up, fat should go up, muscles should look as you describe. Sounds like you are doing just fine.

It's when the fat gains are coming too quick (not including the initial rapid few lbs that come on when increasing cals) that you may want to rein things in - say if you're gaining 10lbs a month and feel it's predominantly fat. Then you might want to re-evaluate.

shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    quick update on my bulking progress over here

realized this week that my scale is f*cked up somehow, id been slowly tracking my gains, weighing probably
    1x weekly when i somehow realized that the scale reads differently depending on where i place it on my bathroom floor, whch although it doesnt seem/look/feel crooked, it must be, god only knows how much I weigh and how the gains have progressed since I started, whatever, Ive gained, I know that for certain, how much? dont really know now lol

Ive grown out of almost all of my jeans, even my bigger pairs, and have had to start buying some loose long skirts/bigger pants. This morning tried to out on a pair I was sure would fit at least snug, nope...epic fail. thigh wouldnt even squish in lol. I dont feel like a fat blob and oddly my upper body has been seeming like its leaning out lately. felt like it got a little less lean at first, now the last few weeks I feel like its gotten more shredded, guess thats a good thing!

Depsite having no jeans to wear today, I pulled on a long soft comfy skirt and was please with how my tush looked in it big jeans mean big quads and better hammies for me next time I cut

Im really embracing the ITFYM type of eating which has kept me quite sane/less frantic about gaining/more balanced and makes it easier to stay on track while enjoying social eating

Lastly, i think I need to switch up trianing a bit soon. the end of June I switched to push/pull/legs repeated 2xweekly, hoping that hitting each body part twice/week would trigger some growth. Im thinking now might be a good time to decreased my training frequency to 4-5days/weekly. Ive slowly cut out cardio already but think it might be time work on decreasing lifting days also....need to prioritize rest a bit more

Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yanicka1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you girl having some dip in your libido? I know it is all mental but I feel less sexy and my poor boyfriend is trying his best to tell me that I am desirable.... I just don't feel it.

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well I know my libido is in the toilet, but then I'm 45 and have been single for a couple of years. They say that the less women have sex, the less they want it, but I don't even seem to have the desire to rub one out more than occassionally. Last time I tried I fell asleep. Meh.

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good morning everyone. I just stumbled across this site when I did a search for FODMAP. Does anyone in here follow these guidelines for any dietary/GI issues?

It looks like there is some good information in here for bulking up. I just finished doing my first show just under two weeks ago. I am back on a (what I think) as bulking food plan and doing some volume training and still craving protein goop everyday (god I could eat that til I puke and then still eat more). I would like to grow over the next few weeks before it is time to start dieting down again for our spring Provincial Show.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    Good morning everyone. I just stumbled across this site when I did a search for FODMAP. Does anyone in here follow these guidelines for any dietary/GI issues?

It looks like there is some good information in here for bulking up. I just finished doing my first show just under two weeks ago. I am back on a (what I think) as bulking food plan and doing some volume training and still craving protein goop everyday (god I could eat that til I puke and then still eat more). I would like to grow over the next few weeks before it is time to start dieting down again for our spring Provincial Show.
    I have no comment on FODMAP...I eat anything and everything in sight.

You won't grow much (if any) in a few weeks, that's what offseasons are for. It's probably best for you to maintain for those few weeks as even if you did gain some muscle, you'd likely lose just as much during the diet/cut. Hell, I spent a good 4 to 5 months bulking and am not certain if I gained as much as I would have thought. Bulking should be done over the course of a year or two. The biggest impacts that I've seen on competitors is after an 18 month structured bulk. Yeah, it stinks to have to put competing aside to grow, but you gotta do it some time so make sure you've got a plan in place to really give it a good go.

happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes although not intentionally, just through experimentation. I have a lot of digestive issues due to long-term undiagnosed caeliac disease and anorexia. Most of the foods which aggrevate my problems are excluded in the FODMAP diet, although not all. For example, I can eat dairy just fine, and red meat. I would certainly advise you just try excluding foods and experimenting for yourself.

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Yes although not intentionally, just through experimentation. I have a lot of digestive issues due to long-term undiagnosed caeliac disease and anorexia. Most of the foods which aggrevate my problems are excluded in the FODMAP diet, although not all. For example, I can eat dairy just fine, and red meat. I would certainly advise you just try excluding foods and experimenting for yourself.
    Dairy is not my friend and I have eliminated most of that a long time ago (except for whey, need to find alternate). For years off and on I keep trying wheat products, but I have finally come to realize that it is not my friend either. It seems colorful veggies my not be my friend either, will try them again gradually and see how that goes. I have been trying to find out as much information about sugar intolerance as I can online, my doc can't help me, she is not even aware of how to test for that
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Dairy is not my friend and I have eliminated most of that a long time ago (except for whey, need to find alternate). For years off and on I keep trying wheat products, but I have finally come to realize that it is not my friend either. It seems colorful veggies my not be my friend either, will try them again gradually and see how that goes. I have been trying to find out as much information about sugar intolerance as I can online, my doc can't help me, she is not even aware of how to test for that
    Food is complicated. Fruits and veggies expose us to whatever was in the water, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer and then there are the chemicals used to ripen or make them look pretty. Sugar intolerance? It's probably a processing ingredient and not cane. If you stay away from beet sugar and stick with lesser processed cane you should be able to get rid of whatever may have bothered you.

Reading between the lines it seems like your issues are digestive and may be IBS related. It takes awhile to calm the gut down and seemingly everything will bother it. Homemade ginger tea is very good for this. Watch fiber intake. Too much is a trigger.

Food is complicated. Fruits and veggies expose us to whatever was in the water, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer and then there are the chemicals used to ripen or make them look pretty. Sugar intolerance? It's probably a processing ingredient and not cane. If you stay away from beet sugar and stick with lesser processed cane you should be able to get rid of whatever may have bothered you.

Reading between the lines it seems like your issues are digestive and may be IBS related. It takes awhile to calm the gut down and seemingly everything will bother it. Homemade ginger tea is very good for this. Watch fiber intake. Too much is a trigger.
    Adding in fibre in the form of metamucil, will send my intestines into a tizzy. I have to say all this stuff can be so frustrating and overwhelming at times. I have never tried ginger tea before and there is nothing like a good warm cup of something on a cool winter day/evening

That is an awful lot to be intolerant to. More likely, there is something subtle which is triggering you, which you haven't figured out yet. Perhaps a delayed reaction to an additive or like freebird said, a pesticide. Also consider whether it is the quantities you consume which are affecting you. I can eat any veg I like in small quantities, but health conscious people may end up eating abnormally large quantities of certain thing (broccoli for one) or, when bulking, of everything.

Sometimes I wonder if we all just need to suck it up and deal with the fact that bulking = eating more food than we *need* = strain on our digestive system = bloating.

Try gas pills. How much water do you drink? How many mg sodium are you consuming per day, and at what times? Do you consume any artificial sweeteners? Alcohol? Have you considered lactose vs cows milk vs daily intolerance? Have you cut out a specific food group for at least 2 months while continuing to eat all others?

Adding in fibre in the form of metamucil, will send my intestines into a tizzy. I have to say all this stuff can be so frustrating and overwhelming at times. I have never tried ginger tea before and there is nothing like a good warm cup of something on a cool winter day/evening
    It's very easy to make.

2" ginger root. Peeled and sliced thin.
    4 cups water

Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Strain into a bottle and store for up to a week in the fridge.

When you heat up a cup you may have to cut the tea with water. Ginger can be very strong tasting at first. It takes very little sugar or honey to sweeten.

I buy candied ginger at Trader Joe's to have around. I can take some with me to work where I don't have my tea. It's also great for nausea for stomach bugs when you don't even want to sip water.

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    That is an awful lot to be intolerant to. More likely, there is something subtle which is triggering you, which you haven't figured out yet. Perhaps a delayed reaction to an additive or like freebird said, a pesticide. Also consider whether it is the quantities you consume which are affecting you. I can eat any veg I like in small quantities, but health conscious people may end up eating abnormally large quantities of certain thing (broccoli for one) or, when bulking, of everything.

Sometimes I wonder if we all just need to suck it up and deal with the fact that bulking = eating more food than we *need* = strain on our digestive system = bloating.

Try gas pills. How much water do you drink? How many mg sodium are you consuming per day, and at what times? Do you consume any artificial sweeteners? Alcohol? Have you considered lactose vs cows milk vs daily intolerance? Have you cut out a specific food group for at least 2 months while continuing to eat all others?
    Yes I have done alot of elimination things and has been on-going for the past 5 years. I sat one day and thought about all of this and realized stuff has been going on since the early 90's but at that time I had no clue about food and how to eat, I ate a lot of carbs back then and thought I ate healthy. Even back then I remember complaining to the doctor about flatulence after meals, so she told me to cut down on portions, which helped slightly but I never changed the foods I was eating Now I try to keep myself on my meal plan post show (but I have had a few slip ups with eating extra clean foods). I typically eat up to 8 smaller meals/shakes per day, calories between 1600-1700 a day if I am on track with 50% protein/30% carb/20% fat. Stevia as sweetner of choice, 4 drinks in the past 6 mos.....

However I did not pop in here for you folks to analyze me (as much as I appreciate it and love suggestions), I came in to say hello and probably read some useful information and maybe have some great conversation.

It's very easy to make.

2" ginger root. Peeled and sliced thin.
    4 cups water

Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Strain into a bottle and store for up to a week in the fridge.

When you heat up a cup you may have to cut the tea with water. Ginger can be very strong tasting at first. It takes very little sugar or honey to sweeten.

I buy candied ginger at Trader Joe's to have around. I can take some with me to work where I don't have my tea. It's also great for nausea for stomach bugs when you don't even want to sip water.
    does it make a nice cold drink to get the water down, especially closer to peak weeks.

Page 236 of 330 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 ... LastLast