Page 207 of 330 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 9897
    tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Initially no, but after 3 months I think it's time to slow it down. You'd like 1-2 pounds a month.
    Thanks. How much should I cut cals down by?

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tahinilove View Post
    I'm on around 3200 a day currently. I tend to spoon a few scoops of tahini here and there as well if I'm feeling hungry.
    I think recovered anorexics seem to often have really high calorie requirements. People are always astonished by how much I eat - it's probably about equivalent to you given I'm shorter than you, but way above what I technically should need!

Tigermad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello

I am thinking about bulking but am scared about putting all the weight I have lost back on. I have lost nearly 100lbs but still have 23% body fat at 5ft 4 and 132lbs. If I bulk will I go up a few dress sizes and then do a cut to lose some of the fat? Can I just do a recomp instead? I want a few muscles but don't want to add more fat. I am happy with the clothes size I am at present and dont want to have to buy all new jeans when I have just thrown all my old bigger clothes out.

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think it's because we have so much repair still happening? All I can say is I'm not complaining ha!

Do you have quite an active life?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tigermad View Post
    Hello

I am thinking about bulking but am scared about putting all the weight I have lost back on. I have lost nearly 100lbs but still have 23% body fat at 5ft 4 and 132lbs. If I bulk will I go up a few dress sizes and then do a cut to lose some of the fat? Can I just do a recomp instead? I want a few muscles but don't want to add more fat. I am happy with the clothes size I am at present and dont want to have to buy all new jeans when I have just thrown all my old bigger clothes out.
    Post some picts. That'll give us a better perspective.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks. How much should I cut cals down by?
    I'd lower them by around 120 calories a day.

Smile

Post some picts. That'll give us a better perspective.
    Ok, I will put some on but I warn you they are not pretty

I'd lower them by around 120 calories a day.
    That shouldn't be too bad! Thanks.

happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think it's because we have so much repair still happening? All I can say is I'm not complaining ha!

Do you have quite an active life?
    Yeah I am active I guess, I'm a violinist so keeps me on my feet, plus I don't own a car so I walk and cycle most places. Idk, I still sit on my butt a lot, but I suppose compared to your average person who drives and has a desk job...

Yep, I'm sure that a ton of calories are being diverted off to sort out all the internal mess tht anorexia creates. I can tell that I'm still fragile because if I am even a tiny bit low on cals for the day, I'll get heart problems and all kinds of horrible reactions. I mean I have osteoporosis so that probably takes a lot of energy to start to reverse, and I don't even know what other damage there is to be repaired.

Ok, I will put some on but I warn you they are not pretty
    Here goes.

Will post a couple more below
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Yeah I am active I guess, I'm a violinist so keeps me on my feet, plus I don't own a car so I walk and cycle most places. Idk, I still sit on my butt a lot, but I suppose compared to your average person who drives and has a desk job...

Yep, I'm sure that a ton of calories are being diverted off to sort out all the internal mess tht anorexia creates. I can tell that I'm still fragile because if I am even a tiny bit low on cals for the day, I'll get heart problems and all kinds of horrible reactions. I mean I have osteoporosis so that probably takes a lot of energy to start to reverse, and I don't even know what other damage there is to be repaired.
    I'm the same- I get very weak if I under eat. I'd rather continue bulking/maintaining for a while than cutting too soon.

Sometimes I experience palpitations. I'm not sure if I have osteoporosis. Good thing you get your dairy though for the calcium!

Smile

Last couple. I know I need a lot of work
    Attached Images

Personally I would bulk if I was you!

Personally I would bulk if I was you!
    Wouldn't you try to get rid of some of the horrible fat first?

It's skin not fat. Your stomach is flatter than mine!

Not horrible at all! Your hard work clearly shows through!

The first thing I'd do is start saving and picking out a plastic surgeon. Loose skin is not going to go away on it's own. Sorry. It's surgery and money. But, once the extra skin is gone you'll immediately see a huge difference and much more pleasing results from what you've accomplished already.

Second, if you have not had a diet break it's time to have one. Eat at maintenance for several weeks and let your body rest. I don't know your age or workout routine but that should be around 2100 calories. Once you see you're maintaining at maintenance and feeling good, then I'd stay at a moderate 500 calorie deficit until you lean out another 10 pounds. Then it'll be time to bulk.

Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I sweat when I lift, especially on leg days! You will feel it, trust me. Make sure you are lifting heavy enough, but with good form. During a bulk, it might be better to do lower reps with higher weight to build strength. No more 12-15 reps. I do some accessory moves within the 10-12 rep range, but my big lifts (squats, deads, chins, pull-ups, bench, etc) are all low, like 1-8 reps max. What kind of program are you doing?[/QUOTE]

Right now I am working with a trainer for 30 minutes 3 days a week and then lifting 2 days on my own. He has me on a chest/back, legs, arms/shoulders split and I do an extra chest/back and legs on my other training days. He keeps me in the 10-12 rep range, so maybe I need to go a bit heavier/less reps? I am only working with him for another week and a half because I am leaving to go back to school. I would like to find a solid plan to use so I can continue to see gains. I have heard that new rules of weightlifting is good, but would I see significant gains on it even though I have been lifting for 6 months?

Everyone has said it already it's skin not fat. Plus the muscle will help full out some of your skin! Don't be so hard on yourself you're looking great!

I'd stay at a moderate 500 calorie deficit until you lean out another 10 pounds. Then it'll be time to bulk.
    You'll lose a shocking amount of weight if you get your loose skin removed!

Not horrible at all! Your hard work clearly shows through!

The first thing I'd do is start saving and picking out a plastic surgeon. Loose skin is not going to go away on it's own. Sorry. It's surgery and money. But, once the extra skin is gone you'll immediately see a huge difference and much more pleasing results from what you've accomplished already.

Second, if you have not had a diet break it's time to have one. Eat at maintenance for several weeks and let your body rest. I don't know your age or workout routine but that should be around 2100 calories. Once you see you're maintaining at maintenance and feeling good, then I'd stay at a moderate 500 calorie deficit until you lean out another 10 pounds. Then it'll be time to bulk.
    Thanks for the reply, pics 2 and 4 my stomach does have loose skin but still loads of fat. There is no way I can ever afford surgery otherwise I would have it tomorrow. I am 40 years old and have been maintaining for 3 weeks now (although doing lean gains for the past few days to help with the fat)

Everyone has said it already it's skin not fat. Plus the muscle will help full out some of your skin! Don't be so hard on yourself you're looking great!
    Thanks. I am feeling quite low today knowing I will never afford surgery so weight training is all I can do to try and help, even if its not going to be that dramatic.

Originally Posted by Klee82793 View Post
    I sweat when I lift, especially on leg days! You will feel it, trust me. Make sure you are lifting heavy enough, but with good form. During a bulk, it might be better to do lower reps with higher weight to build strength. No more 12-15 reps. I do some accessory moves within the 10-12 rep range, but my big lifts (squats, deads, chins, pull-ups, bench, etc) are all low, like 1-8 reps max. What kind of program are you doing?

Right now I am working with a trainer for 30 minutes 3 days a week and then lifting 2 days on my own. He has me on a chest/back, legs, arms/shoulders split and I do an extra chest/back and legs on my other training days. He keeps me in the 10-12 rep range, so maybe I need to go a bit heavier/less reps? I am only working with him for another week and a half because I am leaving to go back to school. I would like to find a solid plan to use so I can continue to see gains. I have heard that new rules of weightlifting is good, but would I see significant gains on it even though I have been lifting for 6 months?
    I'd look at All Pro. Either beginners or intermediate. Lower rep sessions are good for building strength. Which can help build size at higher reps. For size, 8-10 reps is where you want to be. But cycling through lower reps (3-5) and having deload periods ( lighter weight, 15+ reps) is very good. But, this is for the more intermediate lifter. In your first year or two your recovery rate and ability to grow is at it's peak. You don't really need to use periodization until later.

Thanks. I am feeling quite low today knowing I will never afford surgery so weight training is all I can do to try and help, even if its not going to be that dramatic.
    You'd be amazed what a bit of weight training can do. Not just to how you look but also how you feel. Personally seeing myself progress is a great feeling!

Don't be so sure about that! Go see various surgeons in your area. They may be able to hook up up with programs that reduce your costs. Maybe even find one who would be willing to work pro bono in exchange for before/after marketing picts. I'd go out there and work it. Do you have anything to barter with? Special skills? Speak up! Talk to your gp, gyn, everyone! If you're not opposed, get the cost and do some fundraising for yourself. Local TV and papers love a feel good, turned my life around story. And people like to help out. Just look at that older lady on the school bus!

I'm the same- I get very weak if I under eat. I'd rather continue bulking/maintaining for a while than cutting too soon.

Sometimes I experience palpitations. I'm not sure if I have osteoporosis. Good thing you get your dairy though for the calcium!
    How long have you been in recovery or weight restored? One day I'd like to cut, but a big problem is that I'm scared to bulk too fast or too much bc I know right now my body couldn't cope with a cut.

Get your bones checked. At the very least take a calcium and vit D supp. I was only underweight for less than 6 months in total, I thought there was no way I could have osteoporosis and felt like a dumbass that I even got referred for the scan. Boy am I glad that I did though.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kitkatkate View Post

Yay! welcome to the wonderful land of bulking!

I did paleo/primal for a while. I was getting around 100 grams of carbs, including fiber. (so my net was round 60 grams). since adding more carbs (I am up to around 230 grams, which is still low for a standard diet or bb bulking diet), I have seen gains in the gym and my body looks better! Not to mention, I am going #2 every day, whereas before I was always constipated. I was getting enough fiber before, but I guess my body likes fiber from grains better than veg and fruit fibers. Plus too many veggies bloat me up! I still eat some paleo meals, but I wil have oats, bread, other grains daily. Life is all about balance for me now!

Thanks love!! Excited to have found this awesome thread! I like its atmosphere/people.

Ooh this is good to hear about the gains, the more and more research I do the more and more I see how necessary carbs are for muscles. And that's good about #2 as well!! Haha Too many veggies bloat me up too. I'll need to start keeping a symptom diary again cause that tends to really help in showing me what causes more problems.

I'm trying to find my balance too!
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    How long have you been in recovery or weight restored? One day I'd like to cut, but a big problem is that I'm scared to bulk too fast or too much bc I know right now my body couldn't cope with a cut.

Get your bones checked. At the very least take a calcium and vit D supp. I was only underweight for less than 6 months in total, I thought there was no way I could have osteoporosis and felt like a dumbass that I even got referred for the scan. Boy am I glad that I did though.
    Over 6 months now so pretty fresh. I hope to cut at some point too but I'm in no rush at the moment. I love the bulk for what it is doing to my metabolism!

Yes I've started on the vitamin d & calcium just last week! I am so scared that I do-partially puts me off getting checked stupid I know. I under ate for around 3 years and stupidly ran a lot even through injuries. So glad I'm not there now!

I think I will start bulking from tomorrow and try it out for a while. At least seeing some muscle will be a distraction from my skin. Shall I use lean massing on my leangains programme. Which is -10/+20. Will that be enough. Obviously this averages out to +10% over the week. So if my maintenance now is 1900, I will eat 1710 on rest days and 2280 on workout days. If I still lose I will go up to 1800 and 2400.

I think I will start bulking from tomorrow and try it out for a while. At least seeing some muscle will be a distraction from my skin. Shall I use lean massing on my leangains programme. Which is -10/+20. Will that be enough. Obviously this averages out to +10% over the week. So if my maintenance now is 1900, I will eat 1710 on rest days and 2280 on workout days. If I still lose I will go up to 1800 and 2400.
    I wouldn't go with a preset calorie range like that. Go by what your body needs. Usually the day of and after a leg workout you need more calories. On some upper body days, like shoulders/arms you may not need as much. What matters is your total intake over a week. Let your body tell you.

Over 6 months now so pretty fresh. I hope to cut at some point too but I'm in no rush at the moment. I love the bulk for what it is doing to my metabolism!

Yes I've started on the vitamin d & calcium just last week! I am so scared that I do-partially puts me off getting checked stupid I know. I under ate for around 3 years and stupidly ran a lot even through injuries. So glad I'm not there now!
    Well there's sweet eff all they can do if you have got osteoporosis so to some extent just keep doing what you're doing and you'll probably be fine, or as fine as you can be even if you did go to a doc and it did turn out you had problems. I'm cutting my running way back and switching from competitive distance running to triathlon bc it's my hips and spine that are really in trouble, and running pounds them so hard.

Me too - Feb 4th I chose to start recovery That's cool, I'll be interested to follow your progress since I think post anorexia, our bodies work very differently to those who haven't had that unfortunate experience.

Page 207 of 330 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast