Page 206 of 330 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 9897
    AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Klee82793 View Post
    Hi everyone! After spending the whole summer in the gym spinning my wheels with too much cardio and not enough food, I have decided that it's time to try to bulk! I have slowly upped my calories to 1800 (2 months ago I was at 1200) and, although the sticky calculates my maintenance at 1550, I still don't seem to see much weight change besides water fluctuation from 108-110lbs. A month ago I had my body fat tested and they said it was 8% (I don't believe that entirely..) and I am very scared that bulking will just lead to pure fat gain. Your stories and posts are so inspiring that I really want to try though! It will be a mental battle after losing 50lbs and fighting an ED in the past, but I am trying to just jump in and go for it! I currently train 5 days/week strength and 4 days/week 30 minutes of cardio. Any suggestions as to how much to change my intake/output to start out slow? I know the cardio needs cut down, but I don't want t a huge jump in the scale to trigger the ED feelings that I worked so hard to overcome..

Looking forward to joining the fun of eating yummy food and actually seeing some progress!
    Hey girl Welcome to the group!! Up to 3 weeks ago I was doing 5 days strength training and 6 days x 30 mins cardio. I have officially started by bulk 2 weeks ago. First 2 weeks I dropped 2 hours cardio (kept 2x 30 mins/week) and kept cals the same. my weight went up 1lb the first week and then dropped back to my initial weight the 2nd week. You could start by cutting back the cardio to 1hr/week (like I did-one hour is good for general health) and then slowly up your cals the 2nd or 3rd week. I am increasing my kcals next week by 100 kcals. Take it slowly so that you are comfortable. I have a history of an ED so I am taking things slowly. I am doing this bulk for me and I am in no rush.

hope this helps! and we are all here for you

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi everyone! After spending the whole summer in the gym spinning my wheels with too much cardio and not enough food, I have decided that it's time to try to bulk! I have slowly upped my calories to 1800 (2 months ago I was at 1200) and, although the sticky calculates my maintenance at 1550, I still don't seem to see much weight change besides water fluctuation from 108-110lbs. A month ago I had my body fat tested and they said it was 8% (I don't believe that entirely..) and I am very scared that bulking will just lead to pure fat gain. Your stories and posts are so inspiring that I really want to try though! It will be a mental battle after losing 50lbs and fighting an ED in the past, but I am trying to just jump in and go for it! I currently train 5 days/week strength and 4 days/week 30 minutes of cardio. Any suggestions as to how much to change my intake/output to start out slow? I know the cardio needs cut down, but I don't want t a huge jump in the scale to trigger the ED feelings that I worked so hard to overcome..

Looking forward to joining the fun of eating yummy food and actually seeing some progress!
    I don't know how you did your calculations but if you're on a good lifting routine 3-4x week your maintenance is around 2000 calories. Jump the calories up and go for it. Bloating will subside in a couple of weeks. You should feel a tremendous difference when lifting.

Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Hey girl Welcome to the group!! Up to 3 weeks ago I was doing 5 days strength training and 6 days x 30 mins cardio. I have officially started by bulk 2 weeks ago. First 2 weeks I dropped 2 hours cardio (kept 2x 30 mins/week) and kept cals the same. my weight went up 1lb the first week and then dropped back to my initial weight the 2nd week. You could start by cutting back the cardio to 1hr/week (like I did-one hour is good for general health) and then slowly up your cals the 2nd or 3rd week. I am increasing my kcals next week by 100 kcals. Take it slowly so that you are comfortable. I have a history of an ED so I am taking things slowly. I am doing this bulk for me and I am in no rush.

hope this helps! and we are all here for you"

Thank you so much, it's such an encouragement to hear that there are others out there who struggle with these things too! It's so difficult to imagine that after so long trying to slim down I am now going to be proud of gains! I will say that I am looking forward to the increased strength and energy in the gym though!

"I don't know how you did your calculations but if you're on a good lifting routine 3-4x week your maintenance is around 2000 calories. Jump the calories up and go for it. Bloating will subside in a couple of weeks. You should feel a tremendous difference when lifting."

Okay freebirdmac, you know your stuff and I trust you. I'm going for it- all in! Tomorrow will be my first day without the cardio and increasing my cals.. nervous, but excited to think of the possible outcomes at the end of all of this!

AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaMaria2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @ Klee82793 Just going for it is always the better option. good for you. wish I had the guts to do it i wanted to take things slowly because a) i am a control freak and b) it is 40C degrees in my country and I am in a swimming suit 24/7

Btw... I know it depends on many things (genetics, training years, etc) but if someone is gaining at a slow rate, lets say 1-2lbs/ month, how much of that is usually muscle gains and how much is fat? Is it 50:50?

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bleugh, I am so so bloated and getting very discouraged. Idk what is causing it - yes I've been eating close to 3000 cals every day but clearly not gaining any real amount of fat since my collarbones are still looking skeletal (they're a pretty easy way to measure for me since they are so prominent, I can judge my fat by how far certain bits stick out, oh the joys of being broad shouldered). In better news, I think my metabolism has already adjusted to eating so much, since I'm getting hungry even after eating 2500. Freaky body.

Could it be excess sugar causing bloat? I'm eating 4-8 portions of fruit per day. I'm gluten free so it's not that, and I'm chugging maybe 6 litres of water per day, eating regularly... It's really bad, I'm bloated about 10 inches all the time and more like 15 by the evening. It hurts to breathe. Hasn't been like this since I started refeeding after anorexia

CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Bleugh, I am so so bloated and getting very discouraged. Idk what is causing it - yes I've been eating close to 3000 cals every day but clearly not gaining any real amount of fat since my collarbones are still looking skeletal (they're a pretty easy way to measure for me since they are so prominent, I can judge my fat by how far certain bits stick out, oh the joys of being broad shouldered). In better news, I think my metabolism has already adjusted to eating so much, since I'm getting hungry even after eating 2500. Freaky body.

Could it be excess sugar causing bloat? I'm eating 4-8 portions of fruit per day. I'm gluten free so it's not that, and I'm chugging maybe 6 litres of water per day, eating regularly... It's really bad, I'm bloated about 10 inches all the time and more like 15 by the evening. It hurts to breathe. Hasn't been like this since I started refeeding after anorexia
    I know what you mean about your metabolism adjusting quickly. The first few days of my bulk, I had to force feed myself but then quickly was able to easily reach my calories and was looking for more food. Sorry you are feeling so bloated. I was too but it was from the wheat and I've since cut that out. You are eating a lot of calories so your digestive system could be working overtime to handle the load? Are you eating too much dairy, maybe? Too much fiber? Are you going to the loo regularly?

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love how many new bulkers are in here! I've been SOOO MIA lately, and actually decided yesterday to start leaning out. I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is or how long I will be doing it for, I just want to trim some fat so I can get back into bulking again full force. I'm going to stalk you all even though the fun is over for me for a little while

hey. Hope you feel better too. If you are eating 8 portions of fruit then it might be from too much fibre? try tracking your fibre intake.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AnnaMaria2004 View Post
    @ Klee82793 Just going for it is always the better option. good for you. wish I had the guts to do it i wanted to take things slowly because a) i am a control freak and b) it is 40C degrees in my country and I am in a swimming suit 24/7

Btw... I know it depends on many things (genetics, training years, etc) but if someone is gaining at a slow rate, lets say 1-2lbs/ month, how much of that is usually muscle gains and how much is fat? Is it 50:50?
    Muscle gains aren't linear. It's really impossible to come up with a number. Just look for gains in the gym.

hey. Hope you feel better too. If you are eating 8 portions of fruit then it might be from too much fibre? try tracking your fibre intake.
    Yep! Too much fiber can bloat you up. Over 30g and you're getting more than you need.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I second the too much fiber. I used to eat heaps of fruits & veggies a day and felt permanently bloated! It was miserable. I went to the doc for IBS, had all these tests done to see what was wrong, and the whole time I was just eating too much fiber. Haha
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I too have had to deal with some serious bloating issues. I mostly blame my tendency to eat so many of my carbs in the form of vegetables! I use sparkpeople to track my cals/macros and it doesn't count fiber.. do you guys include it in your cal count?

Also, first day of no cardio this morning. It was hard to leave the gym without being all sweaty and having my heart racing.. I lifted for an hour (arms and shoulders) and my arms are definitely exhausted, but I don't feel like I worked hard enough because I never even broke a sweat.. Am I maybe resting too long between sets or something, or is it normal to not have that "dead" feeling that my post-lifting cardio usually leaves me with?

Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    I second the too much fiber. I used to eat heaps of fruits & veggies a day and felt permanently bloated! It was miserable. I went to the doc for IBS, had all these tests done to see what was wrong, and the whole time I was just eating too much fiber. Haha
    lol! I am actually thinking that I may not be dairy or gluten intolerant! this is funny. I didnt even think that the problems I have been having lately may be from an increase in fibre!!! I know I am lactose intolerant but as I told you all i have been thinking that I might have become intolerant to something else. I just checked my fibre intake and it has been around 30g every day from the day that i have increased my carbs.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol! I am actually thinking that I may not be dairy or gluten intolerant! this is funny. I didnt even think that the problems I have been having lately may be from an increase in fibre!!! I know I am lactose intolerant but as I told you all i have been thinking that I might have become intolerant to something else. I just checked my fibre intake and it has been around 30g every day from the day that i have increased my carbs.
    Totally feel you on that! I was tested for celiacs and did an elimination diet for lactose as well (separate times of course) and no avail. But as soon as I stopped being a vegetarian and started eating more meat in place of some of the over-abundant veggies I was eating, I got much much better! I never thought it could have been fiber either! I'm sure everyone is sensitive to different amounts too, so 30 for one person could be too much or not enough for another.

happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry for tmi but my bloat problem is simply a lack of pooping. I don't get an obscene amount of fibre because my gluten allergy means a lot of my carbs are potato and rice, which are actually quite low in fibre. I also get a lot of my calories from dairy, fish and meat - again low in fibre. I don't eat whole grains of course because of the gluten. So I don't think it's a fibre issue. The only possibility in that area is that my insoluable/soluable balance is off kilter.

I had huge bloating issues in my anorexia recovery and it has never really cleared up. I got to the stage of going between extreme bloating and then a flat stomach a couple of months ago, but lately I've just been permenently bloated again. Honestly if I can't fix it, it will be the end of my bulk because it's too triggering for me. I'm going to try cutting ALL added sugar and limiting my fruit intake to 3 servings per day, as well as switching my yoghurts to ones with added good bacteria. Any other ideas?

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Happyplace- I'm exactly the same and have been through the same as you. Strangely I find if I don't eat enough I bloat too? I wouldn't give up yet! A lot of people find that the bloat goes down after a month! Keep going and get those muscles!

CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry for tmi but my bloat problem is simply a lack of pooping. I don't get an obscene amount of fibre because my gluten allergy means a lot of my carbs are potato and rice, which are actually quite low in fibre. I also get a lot of my calories from dairy, fish and meat - again low in fibre. I don't eat whole grains of course because of the gluten. So I don't think it's a fibre issue. The only possibility in that area is that my insoluable/soluable balance is off kilter.

I had huge bloating issues in my anorexia recovery and it has never really cleared up. I got to the stage of going between extreme bloating and then a flat stomach a couple of months ago, but lately I've just been permenently bloated again. Honestly if I can't fix it, it will be the end of my bulk because it's too triggering for me. I'm going to try cutting ALL added sugar and limiting my fruit intake to 3 servings per day, as well as switching my yoghurts to ones with added good bacteria. Any other ideas?
    A couple thoughts that come to mind for you to try, how about digestive enzymes or betaine HCL? The enzymes would help with digestion if you lack enzymes and the HCL is basically stomach acid that help digest protein. I"m wondering if your enzyme and/or acid production is off due to your history as an anorexic.

I went through the same bloating issue with recovery as well Seems like too much fiber, not enough fiber, not eating for a while then eating, not eating enough, eating too much, etc causes it haha!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Happyplace -- Have you ever thought about taking Metamucil or some other form gluten-free fiber supplement? That's definitely an easy fix. I like to mix all of my non-flavored powders with crystal light.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

I really don't think my fibre intake is the problem. Digestive enzymes, now that sounds more likely. I have always had slower than average gut motility but I'm sure the anorexia really slowed my digestion to a crawl - it got used to not having to work very hard and the gut is slow to adapt. Strangely though I never had bowel issues when I was anorexic. It's been almost 7 MONTHS now and things are not really any better so I guess I should see a doc. Again. And demand a referral for scans and whatever else they can do. My diet is so damn perfect and I've researched this a ton and tried everything possible.

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hope it gets better soon happyplace! It can take longer than 7 months for your body to recover from anorexia/starvation. I think on average it's 9 months-1 year.
    Definitely go see your doctor though! Hope everything else with your bulk is going good!

Had a great lifting day today. Still hitting PR's each time. Makes me so happy!

Sorry to double post but in the 3 months I've been bulking I've gained 8lbs so far. Too much/fast?

Originally Posted by tahinilove View Post
    Sorry to double post but in the 3 months I've been bulking I've gained 8lbs so far. Too much/fast?
    That's less than a 2lb per month average, why on earth would you think that's too much too fast?

Sorry! I thought it averaged at 2.6lb a month?

I really don't think my fibre intake is the problem. Digestive enzymes, now that sounds more likely. I have always had slower than average gut motility but I'm sure the anorexia really slowed my digestion to a crawl - it got used to not having to work very hard and the gut is slow to adapt. Strangely though I never had bowel issues when I was anorexic. It's been almost 7 MONTHS now and things are not really any better so I guess I should see a doc. Again. And demand a referral for scans and whatever else they can do. My diet is so damn perfect and I've researched this a ton and tried everything possible.
    You can get digestive enzymes from many health food stores or the net. I have tried a few different brands and my fav were by Life Extension, super enzymes. It's worth a shot to see if it helps you.

Sorry! I thought it averaged at 2.6lb a month?
    Yeah, sorry, my math is horrible at 7am, Lol, but sounds like that is perfect for 3 months, no way is it too much at all.

Originally Posted by CajunSpecial View Post
    Yeah, sorry, my math is horrible at 7am, Lol, but sounds like that is perfect for 3 months, no way is it too much at all.
    Thanks! That's okay-im like that most of the time not just at 7am! Ha.

Originally Posted by CajunSpecial View Post
    What is a good rate? About 2lbs/month?

kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50) kitkatkate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's so great! I recovered at 3000 and gained 20lbs then was ok. Decreased then went up again and am now steady gaining. Pretty crazy? I swear the more I eat the more I maintain & don't gain.
    What are you gaining on, tahinilove?

Oh thank you for this advice! I was wondering if that might be the better choice for me so I'm glad you said that. Looks like my bulk will be right around the corner then Haha I am pretty muscle-less! I'm also glad fat loss is easier after a bulk. It's like the magical reveal of all the hard work haha.
    Yay! welcome to the wonderful land of bulking!

What do you guys think of low-carb or keto for bulking? Or is that considered best for cutting? Just curious!
    I did paleo/primal for a while. I was getting around 100 grams of carbs, including fiber. (so my net was round 60 grams). since adding more carbs (I am up to around 230 grams, which is still low for a standard diet or bb bulking diet), I have seen gains in the gym and my body looks better! Not to mention, I am going #2 every day, whereas before I was always constipated. I was getting enough fiber before, but I guess my body likes fiber from grains better than veg and fruit fibers. Plus too many veggies bloat me up! I still eat some paleo meals, but I wil have oats, bread, other grains daily. Life is all about balance for me now!

Too many veggies?

Originally Posted by Sarah97 View Post
    I love how many new bulkers are in here! I've been SOOO MIA lately, and actually decided yesterday to start leaning out. I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is or how long I will be doing it for, I just want to trim some fat so I can get back into bulking again full force. I'm going to stalk you all even though the fun is over for me for a little while
    Come back and bulk with us.

I too have had to deal with some serious bloating issues. I mostly blame my tendency to eat so many of my carbs in the form of vegetables! I use sparkpeople to track my cals/macros and it doesn't count fiber.. do you guys include it in your cal count?

Also, first day of no cardio this morning. It was hard to leave the gym without being all sweaty and having my heart racing.. I lifted for an hour (arms and shoulders) and my arms are definitely exhausted, but I don't feel like I worked hard enough because I never even broke a sweat.. Am I maybe resting too long between sets or something, or is it normal to not have that "dead" feeling that my post-lifting cardio usually leaves me with?
    I sweat when I lift, especially on leg days! You will feel it, trust me. Make sure you are lifting heavy enough, but with good form. During a bulk, it might be better to do lower reps with higher weight to build strength. No more 12-15 reps. I do some accessory moves within the 10-12 rep range, but my big lifts (squats, deads, chins, pull-ups, bench, etc) are all low, like 1-8 reps max. What kind of program are you doing?
    Eat to Lift --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139416003

I'm on around 3200 a day currently. I tend to spoon a few scoops of tahini here and there as well if I'm feeling hungry.

Initially no, but after 3 months I think it's time to slow it down. You'd like 1-2 pounds a month.

Page 206 of 330 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast