Page 2 of 330 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carbonelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

To follow up from my other post a few days ago.
    I weighed myself, freaked out 'cause it was higher than I was expecting, then I did a bodycomp. As inaccurate as they are, it showed a 4lb muscle gain & 1.5 % bodyfat drop. This has happened in about 4-5 weeks so i'm really pleased as the bodyfat has stayed a consistent 29% for absolutely forever. I'm gonna trust the process as the mirror is showing some indication of that sweet sweet muscle as well. My pants are a bit tight but I have a feeling that in time that will change too as i continue to build muscle. I've been eating on average 1800 calories--which is nice. loving the "bulk"

Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by latina25 View Post
    Hi, I'm Bulking also . I'm up 10 lbs since I join BB.com . I started skinny fat and decided to Bulk because I wanted some womanly curves.
    Some days I feel like I'm working out just to get fat lol and some day I feel like I'm so close to the body my whole life I've wanting.
    Today I took progress pics and to my surprise my body is finally taking shape. I want share with you guys my progress and what 10 lbs difference makes when bulking.
    Good job, you can see a difference, your legs look more defined.
    One question, tho. Your breasts appear smaller in the 2nd pic. Is it the fact that you're wearing another bikini top or have the shrunk? (I hope this doesn't come off as offensive, but since I'm a woman myself, I hope you understand where I'm coming from )
    I am a woman - on a mission!
    __
    Ne prosila nikogo vpuskat' menya v etot mir.
    No kto-to dver' priotkryl, soblaznil menya.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by carbonelle View Post
    To follow up from my other post a few days ago.
    I weighed myself, freaked out 'cause it was higher than I was expecting, then I did a bodycomp. As inaccurate as they are, it showed a 4lb muscle gain & 1.5 % bodyfat drop. This has happened in about 4-5 weeks so i'm really pleased as the bodyfat has stayed a consistent 29% for absolutely forever. I'm gonna trust the process as the mirror is showing some indication of that sweet sweet muscle as well. My pants are a bit tight but I have a feeling that in time that will change too as i continue to build muscle. I've been eating on average 1800 calories--which is nice. loving the "bulk"
    Muscle gains aren't linear. Weight just seems to jump every now and then. Muscle pump alone can cause a nice spike.

Your pants will only continue to get tighter as you gain more muscle if you also aren't losing bf. Which is fine! Although with your cal intake you might be doing a slow recomp.

Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    I'll start. To summarize....

when *I* started~I'm not sure when to say my bulk began. Initially I went from eating at a deficit to eating at what I perceived as maintenance(1900-2000ish) around mid-August. Started eating about 200-300ish above maintenance by the 3rd week in August. BUT my workout program at the time didn't have a set progression and IDK if those calories were actually used to 'bulk" muscle or just went to my love handles LOL! August 29th I started the "allpro's beginner workout" from the workout forums and just started my 2nd 5 wk cycle of that. So hopefully I've got the diet *and* the workout covered now to be officially bulking.

weight gained~went from 123ish to 125 when I went back to maintenance. Then gradually to 126 and 127. I usually weigh 2-3x a week and take the average. Curious to see where this week ends up since I was 129 this morning! I know weight gain is not linear and does flucuate ALOT but I am trying to keep a rough idea of how I am gaining so I am not putting on too much too fast.(<<----somedays I give a fuk about this and somedays I don't. My goal is to build muscle and I'd rather err on the side of getting too many calories than too few. Being an active SAHM my energy out varies so it's hard to really *know* what my maintenance is.)

goal~bulk til Feb-March. It'll depend on what I see in the mirror as far as muscle gain *and* fat gain.

mind fuk~most days I am good about all this. The feeling of strength has always been more important to me than feeling "thin" for lack of a better word. BUT there have been a few times that I've felt a bit mushy etc. already. Overall though it's been a positive, enjoyable experience thus far....hoping to continue that way.

Okay other first timers! I *know* you are out there! Your turn to chime in!

first timer here! in!!!
    New GST Workout Program Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127869653

I rep back 100%.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Yeah, this happens. Don't sweat it. Even if you stay squishy. It's for a good cause and you can always adjust your cals if it persists for weeks.

I'm up almost 5 pounds in a month. I figure 1/2 of it is pump. I don't have that squishy belly bump yet, but I know it'll eventually show up. And go away quickly when I lean out. What I'm looking forward to most is outgrowing my jeans. I'd like to be in 27's by Christmas
    You're absolutely right! Thanks for the reality check There's no turing back for me now. I have to keep going! Rawr! I'm actually very excited, I just don't want to gain to quickly. I thought I was being conservative with my calories, for a bulk
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MORECOWBELLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why on earth would a girl need to bulk? srs

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MORECOWBELLL View Post
    Uh oh.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MORECOWBELLL View Post
    Start your own thread if interested rather than try to derail this one.

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    You're absolutely right! Thanks for the reality check There's no turing back for me now. I have to keep going! Rawr! I'm actually very excited, I just don't want to gain to quickly. I thought I was being conservative with my calories, for a bulk
    I'm around 2100 Mon - Fri. On the weekends I don't workout, sleep late, nap, and don't get as many meals in. As long as I have steady gains I won't worry about weekend cals. I'm aiming for 1-2 pounds a month or so. Sans the occasional muscle pump jump. No cardio. Just lifting 5x week.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm around 2100 Mon - Fri. On the weekends I don't workout, sleep late, nap, and don't get as many meals in. As long as I have steady gains I won't worry about weekend cals. I'm aiming for 1-2 pounds a month or so. Sans the occasional muscle pump jump. No cardio. Just lifting 5x week.
    I'm doing the BGB routine which is a four day a week push/pull split. I was eating 1950ish calories but I found it hard to keep progressing every week. I had to fight really hard for every single extra rep. So I moved up to 2000-2100 and now I'm doing great in the gym, but I feel fat It's probably all in my head though- the scale hasn't moved too much! I've only been at that level for a week now, and I'm NOT lowering them. No way! The strength gains are way too fun

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

I'm doing the BGB routine which is a four day a week push/pull split. I was eating 1950ish calories but I found it hard to keep progressing every week. I had to fight really hard for every single extra rep. So I moved up to 2000-2100 and now I'm doing great in the gym, but I feel fat It's probably all in my head though- the scale hasn't moved too much! I've only been at that level for a week now, and I'm NOT lowering them. No way! The strength gains are way too fun
    The fat feeling is probably your gut getting used to more food. Some days I have it, some days I don't. You should have a higher maintenance than me. So you may have even more cals in your future

The fat feeling is probably your gut getting used to more food. Some days I have it, some days I don't. You should have a higher maintenance than me. So you may have even more cals in your future
    I hope so, I sure feel like I could eat more! Though it kind of feels like my limbs are more squishy, rather than my tummy, so I don't know....

Solveig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How often can I have a cheat day/meal on a bulking diet? I have found out that I dont eat that much on my cheat day when im bulking as i do when im cutting:P
    "When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself."
    ? Isak Dinesen

I hope so, I sure feel like I could eat more! Though it kind of feels like my limbs are more squishy, rather than my tummy, so I don't know....
    You're just used to that more glycogen deprived, hard look. The scale in this case is telling you it ain't fat

Originally Posted by Solveig View Post
    How often can I have a cheat day/meal on a bulking diet? I have found out that I dont eat that much on my cheat day when im bulking as i do when im cutting:P
    Cheat meals on a bulk? Every day has cheats in it if you want. You should be able to easily balance out "special" meals with the rest of your week without even considering them cheats. No need to eat 100% "clean".

chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's what I'm struggling with... the mentality that I "need" to eat 100% "clean" in order to stave off fat gain and I tend to have black and white thinking (always been an issue but it's gotten much muhc better over the years), feel that I've derailed with I "cheat" with even like 1 cookie a day (uh huh, insanity) then I literally have to fight with my mind the rest of the day about just flying off the deep end and delving into an over-eating session. I know for me it's pretty black and white and it's usually best to avoid that stuff altogether but I can't win either way...

Another mental part of it for me is the weight gain. Although I don't feel as though I've gained a ton of fat and in reality have probably barely gained any but there are days that I feel like a house. Other days I feel curvacious and sexy... and other days I feel like I'm still straight-rail-thin. It's VERY hard mentally to get my cals in on days I'm feeling like a blimp :P but I still keep on trucking...

I really have no consistent idea of where my cals are at except that I aim for 2300-2600 daily but the last 2-3 weeks I've had a good 3 days/week where I over-react about what I ate (especially carbs... I have a very dysfunctional relationship with carbs...) and, like I said, I go off the deep end and end up way above that. I just stop tracking anything at that point.

I have a lot of mental work to do but the bulking phase is really showing me where the work needs to be focused and most of all I have overcome a HUGE hurdle in my life just by committing to a bulk FOR REAL!! I've had many "attempts" in the past hehe
    "The more you tell me I can't do something the more successful I will be at making you look like a fool" - C. Cutting

"There will always be reasons not to do something... will there ever be enough to do it?" C. Cutting

"Waiting for motivation to come to you may work sometimes but the most successful people always go looking for it when it is lacking" C. Cutting

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hmm, I guess it depends on what you mean by a cheat meal. I find it easy to have "cheats" (if you mean junkier food) daily if I want. Once my protein and fat numbers are filled in, really I can do whatever with the rest, and some days it's fast food or candy, some days it's "healthier" foods as I do crave a good omelet and other things a lot. I find it much easier to have what I want when I want it on a bulk, since well, I'm eating more cals.

However, there was a stretch were I was having like one fast food item a day for a week and I felt gross just from the salt and carb load bloatiness, not to mention they mess up the regularity of my GI tract, too. So I personally feel better with a max of twice a week of fast food (on my cut I had it once a week or less often). I might have a bit of candy or ice cream every other day or every three days. Oh, but I have dark chocolate covered almonds or macadamia nuts *every day*, they are my love.

I have not felt the urge to binge or anything since I've been bulking. In fact, when I started my bulk I had to force myself to eat for a while until I got used to increased cals. Although I'm looking forward to seeing just how much I can manage to eat on Thanksgiving, as I plan on thoroughly stuffing myself. Not because I really really have the urge to eat lots of stuff, but it's just the day to do that kind of stuff and I make some mean Thanksgiving desserts.

Geez, what are you ladies eating??? I'm getting 2100 cals and had to actively look for food I could eat (food allergies) to get there without having to significantly eat more protein or fiber. And this already includes several squares of dark chocolate a day. Seriously! I needed crap like a twinkie to help me (which I can't eat). I have to eat "clean" because of my allergies and that's a heck of a lot of food! I did find a good pumpkin muffin recipe made with gluten-free flours and lots of coconut oil and sugar. Each one is about 211 cals and I am in heaven If I can find a good gluten-free bread I'd add that in too. And cut back on protein (at 170g right now).

I just don't get how you guys who have to eat more can even do it without using so-called cheats.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I just don't get how you guys who have to eat more can even do it without using so-called cheats.
    Banana Muffins, blueberry pancakes, rice/quinoa with cinnamon and sugar, etc etc for carbs - all "clean" (I think..LOL) as made with nice wholesome ingredients. I up my fats with chocolate covered almonds or mac nuts, coconut oil in my scrambled eggs, olive oil on my salad. I too have to budget my protein as I make my limit at 200 g and usually end up around 180-190 cause I am addicted to cottage cheese and greek yogurt, so have to find ingenious ways to meet my cals without protein.

And ice cream is really good at adding non-protein cals, tee-hee, but like I said before it's not every day for me.

ETA: I'm on a date/fig kick right now, too. Dates are soooo delicious, almost all carbs, and with good vitamins/minerals. I'm thinking of making a date/almond/shredded coconut bar thingy to take to school with me this week.
    Last edited by birdiefu; 10-11-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Banana Muffins, blueberry pancakes, rice/quinoa with cinnamon and sugar, etc etc for carbs - all "clean" (I think..LOL) as made with nice wholesome ingredients. I up my fats with chocolate covered almonds or mac nuts, coconut oil in my scrambled eggs, olive oil on my salad. I too have to budget my protein as I make my limit at 200 g and usually end up around 180-190 cause I am addicted to cottage cheese and greek yogurt, so have to find ingenious ways to meet my cals without protein.

And ice cream is really good at adding non-protein cals, tee-hee, but like I said before it's not every day for me.
    Oh, ok I was afraid everyone was trying to simply double a cutting type diet and not have any fun.

Well, I can't wait for supper tonight There's a huge turkey in the oven, and roasted homegrown veggies, and homemade apple pie and ice cream Perfect fuel for beating some records tomorrow Sorry, that was a little off topic, but reading about Thanksgiving made me think about supper and I got excited I get to bench more than I ever have tomorrow, and I'm excited about that as well Especially after feasting, then I should have no problems with benching! Woot!
    Last edited by gobbles23; 10-11-2010 at 11:35 AM.

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I definitely include lots of indulgences in my diet. Doughnuts, pizza, beer, you name it! As long as I get enough protein and 5+ servings of fruits/veggies, I have no problem with adding in a little junk food.

chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh, ok I was afraid everyone was trying to simply double a cutting type diet and not have any fun.
    bahahahaha THAT'S ME! But really had no guidance at all after my comp and felt totally left in the dark except the words "eat like you did during contest prep except with more carbs like fruit"... Don't get me wrong, I "cheat" all the time... daily lately but I felt that that was "bad" and I should be TRYING to eat all day all the time except one meal a week bc that's what I was told by a trusted source Now throw my old disordered thinking into the mix and I still catch myself worrying about over-indulging on jelly bellies and then trying to "makeup" for it with less carbs on other days. BIG TROUBLE

I LOVE when people are honest on here and admit to "cheating" and not living in a world of clean foods, devoid of cravings or human nature hehe There's so much of that in the fitness world, it's so easy to put the blinders on and ONLY see that
    "The more you tell me I can't do something the more successful I will be at making you look like a fool" - C. Cutting

"There will always be reasons not to do something... will there ever be enough to do it?" C. Cutting

"Waiting for motivation to come to you may work sometimes but the most successful people always go looking for it when it is lacking" C. Cutting

Thanks for all the advice! Made me feel alot better!
    Made a batch of healthier chocolate cookies today, and almost ate the whole batch:O
    So glad I asked this question, because I had a feeling that everyone in here were doing a clean bulk.
    Gobbles23 - did you have to mention apple pie and ice cream? Now i got the biggest craving... heheheh

Another question: I've once read a article about a fitness/figure athlete who ate 4000 kcal when she were bulking. Isn't that a little bit to much?:O
    "When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself."
    ? Isak Dinesen

Thanks for all the advice! Made me feel alot better!
    Made a batch of healthier chocolate cookies today, and almost ate the whole batch:O
    So glad I asked this question, because I had a feeling that everyone in here were doing a clean bulk.
    Gobbles23 - did you have to mention apple pie and ice cream? Now i got the biggest craving... heheheh

Another question: I've once read a article about a fitness/figure athlete who ate 4000 kcal when she were bulking. Isn't that a little bit to much?:O
    an acquiantence here says she bulked up to 5000... and she used to be pretty chubby so I'm thinking it's not that she's genetically blessed... curious about this too!

How in the world can someone manage to eat 5000 kcal each day, and eating at least a little bit clean? Sounds a little fun though, eating non-stop
    Yeah, im getting really curious about this! Maybe i will try it for one week and look what happens. If i try it out i will probably feel really fat..

Have you ask her who bulked up to 5000 calories why she bulked with so many calories?
    ? Isak Dinesen

SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You bring up a really good point. I am eating probably 2400 a day and I simply cannot get the job done with your normal body builder food - lean protein, oatmeal, greek yogurt, veggies, sweet potatos - I must add in a lot of calorie dense food like butter, peanut butter, bread, more fruit than normal, and more milk. A couple things I don't add though is pop, candy, cookies and donuts. I used to love all those things but I don't even want them anymore. I might have one of those items once or twice a week but that is pretty much it. I do have about 10 - 15 % of my cals a day as an indulgence. That may be pizza, a burger, extra cheese, ice cream, beer, wine, or extra pasta.

Ass busting work + consistency + time = results. -Lyle M.

Yup, this also illustrates how useless it is to look at macro ratios/percentages. Eating the same % of macros but high enough cals for a bulk usually puts someone way over protein grams.

digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A question for experienced bulkers (or those who have been doing it for several weeks/months now)...

I am trying to up my calories from around 1900 to around 2100-2200 more consistently. In fact, I've been doing a pretty good job at this for a couple of weeks or so now.

Yesterday I ended up eating somewhere around 1850. I was running around between meetings and appointments, and ended up eating a pretty light dinner. I also had a really serious workout (chest and tri's) with heavy weights (no cardio).

Would you normally just eat your planned calories for today and the rest of the week (2200) or would you go higher to make up for the slight deficit from yesterday?

Thanks in advance!
    "The Way Out Is Through"

Digital Bath Explained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmPBuSpmfA

Originally Posted by digitalbath11 View Post
    A question for experienced bulkers (or those who have been doing it for several weeks/months now)...

I am trying to up my calories from around 1900 to around 2100-2200 more consistently. In fact, I've been doing a pretty good job at this for a couple of weeks or so now.

Yesterday I ended up eating somewhere around 1850. I was running around between meetings and appointments, and ended up eating a pretty light dinner. I also had a really serious workout (chest and tri's) with heavy weights (no cardio).

Would you normally just eat your planned calories for today and the rest of the week (2200) or would you go higher to make up for the slight deficit from yesterday?

Thanks in advance!
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you're extra hungry today. Life will happen.

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    a little BUMP to see how our first bulks are going.

I was afraid I was getting a little carried away with the calories so I got "stricter" about sticking closer to 2250-2300 range a week or so ago. I am pretty sure now that I'd need to stick closer to the 2300-2400 range because I actually lost weight the last 2x I weighed(3 days apart). I am aware of normal monthly flucuations etc. but this wasn't that.

So anyway....how is everyone else doing? Hopefully still plowing forward and feeling motivated and dedicated to put'n on some MUSCLE
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)