Page 190 of 330 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 9897
    LondonGirlie74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Freebirdmac - hows your injury coming along? My back still hurts a bit, its the tailbone section. Hoping its going to go soon, gutted that I cant train!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LondonGirlie74 View Post
    Freebirdmac - hows your injury coming along? My back still hurts a bit, its the tailbone section. Hoping its going to go soon, gutted that I cant train!
    Well it was going good until early this morning. I guess I was rolling over in my sleep and bam! The same spasms hit me like they did Monday afternoon. Thank goodness for bengay pain patches and Motrin. So much for doing a light leg workout tomorrow

Good to hear you're progressing! You should be good to go for light workouts next week.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sarah97 View Post
    ^that reminds me I should be more consistent taking mine. My doctor also told me to start taking a Vit D+Ca supplement I've been slacking on as well.

I'm frustrated. I haven't hit my calories these last two days. Yesterday I had reflux for some reason and had that "one more bite of anything and I will throw up" feeling, and today I'm nauseous as well. I hit about 1800 yesterday and 2000 today. I think it's because I started a new pack of bc pills on Sunday. The first week of my pack I get sick to my stomach. I guess because of the high hormone levels of the first week of pills? I don't know. I have a bbq to go to tomorrow and the day after though, so I should have no problem hitting it then.

I'm happy I've made some visible progress in my back. The first picture was exactly one month ago when I was starting out. It just makes me so excited for what the next 5+ months have in store in terms of gains.
    Yes it does look like you've made some progress. Hope you get the reflux under control. Try taking your bc pills with dinner. Food sometimes helps.

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question about how much over maintenance

Hi All, I started my first "true" bulk April 1st. True bulk meaning eating over maintenance combined with a heavy lifting program. Some of my background: have had an over-weight problem until my early 20's when I started Jazzercise (dating myself here) and that turned into running which led to weightlifting (2001). I have gone to Weight Watchers on & off since my 20's as well and still currently go even if I don't actually follow their eating program (I still like accountability and the support). My goal for this year is to add muscle and quite dinking around eating at manitenance or just below (fear of gaining "weight") and lifting hard and looking the same (not bad, however). Sooo, after turning 50 March 31st, I started eating over maintenance (spent the month of March playing with calories and figuring 1850-1900 was maintenance). I eased into it going to 1950, then 2050 and now I am at 2100-2150 per day with weekends being probably 2300-2500. In the 5 weeks I've been at it, I've gained 1.2lbs. My lifts are great, increasing weight or reps with each workout (doing an upper/lower M,T, TH, F split with M & T being in the 6 rep range and TH, FR being in the 12 rep range). Walking the dogs a couple times a week is mostly what I do for cardio, might do some step mill once in a while for some higher intensity (20 min).

My question is: how much over maintenance do you eat to see good muscle gains? How much can one expect to gain in muscle (and a little fat) per month? If I jump to 2300 cals, will that be too much (or not enough)? My plan is to bulk through July, then start cutting to a reasonable level of leaness (for me). I'm going to the Olypmia this year in September!

Thoughts, feedback is appreciated!

My start weight was 131.6 and now I'm at 132.8. Im not unhappy with this, just curious if Im eating enough...
    Julia

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    Hi All, I started my first "true" bulk April 1st. True bulk meaning eating over maintenance combined with a heavy lifting program. Some of my background: have had an over-weight problem until my early 20's when I started Jazzercise (dating myself here) and that turned into running which led to weightlifting (2001). I have gone to Weight Watchers on & off since my 20's as well and still currently go even if I don't actually follow their eating program (I still like accountability and the support). My goal for this year is to add muscle and quite dinking around eating at manitenance or just below (fear of gaining "weight") and lifting hard and looking the same (not bad, however). Sooo, after turning 50 March 31st, I started eating over maintenance (spent the month of March playing with calories and figuring 1850-1900 was maintenance). I eased into it going to 1950, then 2050 and now I am at 2100-2150 per day with weekends being probably 2300-2500. In the 5 weeks I've been at it, I've gained 1.2lbs. My lifts are great, increasing weight or reps with each workout (doing an upper/lower M,T, TH, F split with M & T being in the 6 rep range and TH, FR being in the 12 rep range). Walking the dogs a couple times a week is mostly what I do for cardio, might do some step mill once in a while for some higher intensity (20 min).

My question is: how much over maintenance do you eat to see good muscle gains? How much can one expect to gain in muscle (and a little fat) per month? If I jump to 2300 cals, will that be too much (or not enough)? My plan is to bulk through July, then start cutting to a reasonable level of leaness (for me). I'm going to the Olypmia this year in September!

Thoughts, feedback is appreciated!

My start weight was 131.6 and now I'm at 132.8. Im not unhappy with this, just curious if Im eating enough...
    Sounds like you're doing great! Over time what's important is seeing an average of 0.5 pounds a week. In the beginning, and later on some weeks it may be more. Some weeks it may be less. Your maintenance should be around 2000 so 2250 is a good target for bulking. Watch the weekend calories. You may want to pare those down a bit.

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the input Freebird. Yes, weekends can be troublesome with eating out, so hard to judge. We keep to one meal per day on the weekend. There has to be a limit to how many cals over maintenance to build muscle you can go without them just totally going to fat building! Otherwise, we could all look like Arnold if we just ate enough. I'll go to 2250 next week and see how it goes. Thanks!
    Julia

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i will have to go back and read the weeks' worth of posts i've missed. haven't been lurking b/c i feel so far removed from bulking, even though it didn't end that long ago. i'm also jealous b/c i want more muscle again. i am becoming skinny-fat. accidental reverse recomp. the injuries just keep coming. first there was the 3 colon surgeries, then the clay shoveler's (2), compression (4), and transverse process (1) fractures, and now... i've been having major pain in my scapula and was sure i had fractured it. feels different but similar enough. also pain in my sternum and neck. things radiate down my arm, fingers get tingly. blah blah blah. it's not fractured, at least not shown on an xray (for 4 of the fractures, they didn't show on xrays but did on ct scans. but we're not doing a ct scan here). they suspect i have nerve damage from my fractures and i'm having an mri next week. when they xray'ed, however, they found i have a broken rib, less than 1 mo old. no idea how or when and don't even feel it. am on painkillers and muscle relaxants. i had 2 sessions of trigger point injections. next week i am having an injection in my sternum and the following week i am getting epidural injections in back, and then who knows what the mri will show. they might do an emg too, depending, again, on the mri. i feel like i'm going mad. 1/2 the time i think i'm being a baby and faking, so sometimes i welcome those moments a movement makes me burst into tears and/or curse. b/c then it's real. i am on osteoporosis medications and am very cognizant of my calcium intake and both my calcium and vitamin levels (in bloodwork) are good. if you've ever had an eating disorder or gone thru years of undereating, please ask your doctor abt having a bone density test. get on meds early. i was diagnosed w/ full blown osteoporosis when i was first tested at 18 but didn't fracture till the vertebrae started at 31 and now i can't stop.

i am also miserable w/o lifting. it benefits me in more ways than i can count. does so many things for me. so i am 100% miserable. further, i had literally just finished my bulk. hadn't even found maintenance yet. gained all the weight from my surgeries back and then some. never felt more comfortable in my own skin, never had a more positive body image. now i feel like crap. skinny-fat. won't wear a t-shirt. don't care how dumb that sounds. i also hate eating. i do it b/c my body needs it to heal and to kill time (great reason, eh?). but i don't enjoy my yummy foods and concoctions at all. i am so beyond my ed that i would never relapse. so it's not that. it's just difficult to eat. but i do it. same foods, same amounts.

you guys supported me so much so i will go back and read when i have time so i can return the favor, even though there are tons of good people here. but i can at least be a cheerleader, while keeping it real, of course. or something.
    Last edited by andrerox80; 05-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.

JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd like the crash this thread for a sec if you all don't mind. I am currently attempting a recomp as I was "cutting" for a year, ended up a tad skinny fat, and was slowly going insane on a deficeit. I'm eating around 1700 calories right now, just under maintenance. I'm considering a bulk starting late summer/early fall. My husband thinks it's a tad silly, but, honestly, I'm not sure what else to do to get rid of this last bit of fat other than build muscle then do an agressive cut again. So, at 5'4", 118-120, 22-25% bf (totally guesstimate using an at home scale and online calculators) do you think I could benefit from 5-6 months of bulking? Or is that short of a bulk a waste of my time? I currently do 3 X a week full body (All Pro's Beginner Plan), but am looking to change it up when this cycle is over. Should I switch to a body part or push/pull split and lift 5 days? Completely cut cardio? (I do 15-30 minutes 2x/week right now and either pilates or yoga for abs on those days, too.) Just looking to see what other ladies are doing. My goal is to get to place where I look more fit that I can maintain easily. Ideally, I think I'd like to be around 18-20% bf, but I am sick of looking skinny fat. (My husband insists that I'm not, though.)

There's a couple of pics from a few weeks ago in my bodyspace. They're not the best, but you'll get a general idea of what I'm working with.
    Last edited by JenMc14; 05-12-2012 at 05:05 AM.

missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hope you've been feeling better freebirdmac!!

Well I upped my calories to 2500 (I was doing 2360) and I've gained. I'm up to 140 now. I wonder if around 2300 is more my maintenance?
    I track my calories on myfitness pal and they give you a weekly average of how many calories you eat a week and it says I'm only eating 2200-2300 a week! I'm confused! I do eat less on my "rest" days, and I'm usually about 100 calories off (just because things aren't super accurate on there anyways ...) But I still gained ... ???
    Keep calm and lift something.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else ...

All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you, something great will come of it.

DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100) DENCHGAINER is not very well liked. (-100)
    you ladies looking to BULK? #YOLO. what you need is a intense, pre-planned routine of barbell curl exercises and bench dips. this is the way to go if you want to be DENCH. private message me for further info on my routine and how i got MADGAINS.

#sickgains

Originally Posted by missamerika View Post
    Hope you've been feeling better freebirdmac!!

Well I upped my calories to 2500 (I was doing 2360) and I've gained. I'm up to 140 now. I wonder if around 2300 is more my maintenance?
    I track my calories on myfitness pal and they give you a weekly average of how many calories you eat a week and it says I'm only eating 2200-2300 a week! I'm confused! I do eat less on my "rest" days, and I'm usually about 100 calories off (just because things aren't super accurate on there anyways ...) But I still gained ... ???
    I've lost track, how much have you gained over what period of time? Were you an undereater before?

missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I've lost track, how much have you gained over what period of time? Were you an undereater before?
    I was hovering around 137/138 since April. I upped my calories from 2360 to 2500 April 30th and now I'm 140.
    April was when I first started my bulk, I was 135/136 April 1st.
    Bf was 14%, now it's 15%. (calculated with the handheld calipers from bb.com, done myself so not super accurate ...)

All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you, something great will come of it.

I was hovering around 137/138 since April. I upped my calories from 2360 to 2500 April 30th and now I'm 140.
    April was when I first started my bulk, I was 135/136 April 1st.
    Bf was 14%, now it's 15%. (calculated with the handheld calipers from bb.com, done myself so not super accurate ...)
    So 2-3 pounds?? That is nothing to be concerned about and mostly water. Give it several weeks and see. Odds are you will have to up the calories again. Oh and stop with the calipers. They are not accurate enough to gage 1% changes.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    So 2-3 pounds?? That is nothing to be concerned about and mostly water. Give it several weeks and see. Odds are you will have to up the calories again. Oh and stop with the calipers. They are not accurate enough to gage 1% changes.
    Up again? Dannng! haha! More food! LOL
    I am noticing more midsection flab ... Kinda got a bit concerned about that. I know it comes with bulking, but it's sad to lose my definition!!

Up again? Dannng! haha! More food! LOL
    I am noticing more midsection flab ... Kinda got a bit concerned about that. I know it comes with bulking, but it's sad to lose my definition!!
    Don't look at it that way! Look for the muscle gains. That is what you are working so hard for. The extra fat will go away easily when it's time. It's muscle gains that is hard. Much of the softness you're seeing now is just water.

spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spongela has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey not posted in here yet, but been reading through the posts. I have dropped a bit underweight, currently at 136 for my 5ft 9 height and am thinking of bulking. I think my maintainence is around 2200, how much calories would I need to start a bulk?. I also included more recent pictures of where I am currently at, I guess I don't have much of a muscle base and a bit of fat to lose. I'm thinking of doing this starting strength program is anything else tried it? and how has it worked for them.
    Attached Images

little anabolic ant Barefoot_Zosia's Avatar
    Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    i will have to go back and read the weeks' worth of posts i've missed. haven't been lurking b/c i feel so far removed from bulking, even though it didn't end that long ago. i'm also jealous b/c i want more muscle again. i am becoming skinny-fat. accidental reverse recomp. the injuries just keep coming. first there was the 3 colon surgeries, then the clay shoveler's (2), compression (4), and transverse process (1) fractures, and now... i've been having major pain in my scapula and was sure i had fractured it. feels different but similar enough. also pain in my sternum and neck. things radiate down my arm, fingers get tingly. blah blah blah. it's not fractured, at least not shown on an xray (for 4 of the fractures, they didn't show on xrays but did on ct scans. but we're not doing a ct scan here). they suspect i have nerve damage from my fractures and i'm having an mri next week. when they xray'ed, however, they found i have a broken rib, less than 1 mo old. no idea how or when and don't even feel it. am on painkillers and muscle relaxants. i had 2 sessions of trigger point injections. next week i am having an injection in my sternum and the following week i am getting epidural injections in back, and then who knows what the mri will show. they might do an emg too, depending, again, on the mri. i feel like i'm going mad. 1/2 the time i think i'm being a baby and faking, so sometimes i welcome those moments a movement makes me burst into tears and/or curse. b/c then it's real. i am on osteoporosis medications and am very cognizant of my calcium intake and both my calcium and vitamin levels (in bloodwork) are good. if you've ever had an eating disorder or gone thru years of undereating, please ask your doctor abt having a bone density test. get on meds early. i was diagnosed w/ full blown osteoporosis when i was first tested at 18 but didn't fracture till the vertebrae started at 31 and now i can't stop.

i am also miserable w/o lifting. it benefits me in more ways than i can count. does so many things for me. so i am 100% miserable. further, i had literally just finished my bulk. hadn't even found maintenance yet. gained all the weight from my surgeries back and then some. never felt more comfortable in my own skin, never had a more positive body image. now i feel like crap. skinny-fat. won't wear a t-shirt. don't care how dumb that sounds. i also hate eating. i do it b/c my body needs it to heal and to kill time (great reason, eh?). but i don't enjoy my yummy foods and concoctions at all. i am so beyond my ed that i would never relapse. so it's not that. it's just difficult to eat. but i do it. same foods, same amounts.

you guys supported me so much so i will go back and read when i have time so i can return the favor, even though there are tons of good people here. but i can at least be a cheerleader, while keeping it real, of course. or something.
    Not sure if you'll see this, but huge ~~~support vibes~~~ to you. I was diagnosed w/full-blown osteoporosis early on too, and have the prospect of fractures constantly lurking in the back of my brain. My body decided to start breaking down & refusing to heal well over the last few months (though nowhere near as drastically as yours), so I can really empathize with your frustration. Hang in there! Remember that training is only ONE aspect of your identity -- you may not be able to lift & exercise the way you'd like, but you are still a multifaceted and valuable person even without it. I'll be thinking of you...

Originally Posted by JenMc14 View Post
    I'd like the crash this thread for a sec if you all don't mind. I am currently attempting a recomp as I was "cutting" for a year, ended up a tad skinny fat, and was slowly going insane on a deficeit. I'm eating around 1700 calories right now, just under maintenance. I'm considering a bulk starting late summer/early fall. My husband thinks it's a tad silly, but, honestly, I'm not sure what else to do to get rid of this last bit of fat other than build muscle then do an agressive cut again. So, at 5'4", 118-120, 22-25% bf (totally guesstimate using an at home scale and online calculators) do you think I could benefit from 5-6 months of bulking? Or is that short of a bulk a waste of my time? I currently do 3 X a week full body (All Pro's Beginner Plan), but am looking to change it up when this cycle is over. Should I switch to a body part or push/pull split and lift 5 days? Completely cut cardio? (I do 15-30 minutes 2x/week right now and either pilates or yoga for abs on those days, too.) Just looking to see what other ladies are doing. My goal is to get to place where I look more fit that I can maintain easily. Ideally, I think I'd like to be around 18-20% bf, but I am sick of looking skinny fat. (My husband insists that I'm not, though.)

There's a couple of pics from a few weeks ago in my bodyspace. They're not the best, but you'll get a general idea of what I'm working with.
    You could definitely benefit from a bulk. What routine you choose is up to you. What's import is to really challenge yourself to up the weights. Cardio is optional. I always think it's better to drop it completely the first time around. That way you get out of the cardio rat trap and see that diet and lifting are all that is needed. Then when you do add cardio back in you have a better feel for how it's affecting you.

Originally Posted by spongela View Post
    Hey not posted in here yet, but been reading through the posts. I have dropped a bit underweight, currently at 136 for my 5ft 9 height and am thinking of bulking. I think my maintainence is around 2200, how much calories would I need to start a bulk?. I also included more recent pictures of where I am currently at, I guess I don't have much of a muscle base and a bit of fat to lose. I'm thinking of doing this starting strength program is anything else tried it? and how has it worked for them.
    For a bulk you'd like an additional 250 cals over maintenance. Starting strength is a good place to start

Originally Posted by Barefoot_Zosia View Post
    Not sure if you'll see this, but huge ~~~support vibes~~~ to you. I was diagnosed w/full-blown osteoporosis early on too, and have the prospect of fractures constantly lurking in the back of my brain. My body decided to start breaking down & refusing to heal well over the last few months (though nowhere near as drastically as yours), so I can really empathize with your frustration. Hang in there! Remember that training is only ONE aspect of your identity -- you may not be able to lift & exercise the way you'd like, but you are still a multifaceted and valuable person even without it. I'll be thinking of you...
    Agreed. Andrerox you've got a lot of battles to fight. The gym is not going to make or break you. I have no doubt that you'll return to lifting and that this was another bump in the road to recovery.

JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, freebirdmac. Must spread some reputation around before giving it to you again, but it's coming!

Hi everyone.

Going to the docs on Wed to see if they can just check my back for me. It is getting easier, although I picked up a weight yesterday and still felt some twinges!

Dont know whether to start doing light sets tonight. I havent done anything in a whole week and am hating it. I have also eaten badly too, so its a double whammy.

do you think it would be ok to do some?

Ta

Hi everyone.

Going to the docs on Wed to see if they can just check my back for me. It is getting easier, although I picked up a weight yesterday and still felt some twinges!

Dont know whether to start doing light sets tonight. I havent done anything in a whole week and am hating it. I have also eaten badly too, so its a double whammy.

do you think it would be ok to do some?

Ta
    Hey fellow disabled lifter It would be ok to do some very light sets if this is just a muscular problem. For you, I'd avoid direct lower body work. Simply doing light weight work for other muscles will engage the lower back. See how it goes. Also do some stretching and consider getting a deep tissue massage.

I'm doing a similar thing this week. Light leg workout tomorrow and hopefully a light upper body workout Thurs. I'll get a deep tissue massage on Fri.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey, bulkers! How's everybody doing? It's been quiet.

Me, ugh. I got asked if I was pregnant again yesterday. I really need to figure out what it is I am doing so I can correct whatever the posture is that makes people constantly think I am pregnant enough that they say something about it. I put a bathing suit on Sunday and I know I don't look bad but the bottoms are probably too tight and are digging in where they did not dig in last summer - not a great look obviously. And then the pregnant comment again yesterday. That obviously did not do much for my psyche.

A guy friend talked me off the ledge last night, told me to keep going and I'm determined to do so - just one of those mindfuk couple days, I guess. Especially when my mind isn't exactly in the greatest state due to personal problems. My leg workouts have been so amazing. I hope I am reaping the benefits. Chest/back workout on Monday was just terrible. The gym was crowded, all the benches were taken up(one by a girl doing leg raises) and so I had to resort to Smith machine benching. I couldn't even do dumbbell flat bench bc all the flat benches were taken up, too! The Smith machine has its place and I use it for certain things but bench is probably my weakest lift and I really want to work on it. My back, though, is actually still pretty sore which I know doesn't indicate anything but as my back gets sore only very rarely, I am happy about it. I think sometimes that I don't engage the muscles correctly bc of the lack of soreness and since I can't really see what's going on back there, I worry I'm not getting any results.

For the most part, I'm managing to get my calories in despite not being terribly hungry - Sunday I had to force myself to eat and don't think I hit them entirely but wasn't too off, I hope. I went out to breakfast so I wasn't really able to track very accurately. I was nauseous most of the day but tried. I certainly don't have the "feeling to thin" thing going on this week LOL I've either had a bad allergy attack or a cold, not sure which. So I might be retaining water a little, too, in light of that.

So I'm hanging in. I've decided to cut come July no matter what. I know I could probably keep going for a while past that, but I do think I'm going to need a bulking break by then, because I do want to see if I can compete in October. If I don't feel like I am ready, I think it will be evident by September and then I can start a bulk again. Plus my personal life will determine whether competing is a good idea or not. I'll have to see what happens.

So that's me - what's going on with everyone else? Any news?
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    So that's me - what's going on with everyone else? Any news?
    Who are these socially clueless people asking about non-existent pregnancies? Sorry you've had a rough time, Dani. Hope your stressful situation resolves soon.

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in forever b/c I was going to the doctor's anyway. I was 121 naked first thing in the morning at home (and 123 clothed in the afternoon at the MD). So if I consider 117 my starting weight, I've gained 4 pounds in 3 1/2 months on this bulk so far. Pretty much the rate I'm shooting for. If anyone is curious and hasn't yet seen them, I have some pullup videos on my blog from last weekend. Y'all can see how fat yet strong I've gotten

Hope everyone who's been injured is on the mend!
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had this bimbo at my gym come up to me and say, "Um, I just wanted to let you know that you're really shaping up except for your glutes."

I wanted to respond, "Well, same to you except for your face."

Hang in there Dani. Clueless A-holes everywhere

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I had this bimbo at my gym come up to me and say, "Um, I just wanted to let you know that you're really shaping up except for your glutes."

I wanted to respond, "Well, same to you except for your face."

Hang in there Dani. Clueless A-holes everywhere
    WHAT?????? Who says these things????

I posted about the pregnant thing a few weeks ago when this woman who takes abs class with me walked up to me after class and asked me if I was having a baby. I mean, isn't it a known fact not to comment/ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you are 10000000000% certain? This woman yesterday was my witness(I'm a court stenographer) and on a break she said to me, "Is that a belly I see?" I gave a stern NO but I wanted to bite her fricking head off. Which would not have been a good idea but I was totally mindfuked after that the whole rest of the day - was totally ready to throw in the bulking towel. She gave me some lame explanation about how us girls today are so small with these little bellies and on and on. She did say it just looked that way when I leaned a certain way, which I have been told about quite often. so I need to figure out what it is I'm doing and stop doing it ASAP. I've even gotten thse comments when I was doing an assload of cardio and weighed 100 pounds and was crack skinny. So I shouldn't let it get to me, but given that my abs are disappearing, it's just hard to hear that.

Thanks for the support, guys!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymemartin92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep your head up Dani !!
    you are the reason i finally trusted myself and started a bulk, today marks three days =] obviously no gains yet but i do feel able to lift heavier ! excited for the results !

Sorry to hear your down Dani. Sod them, dont even give them the time of day. You probably are looking way better than them anyways x

I went do the docs yesterday, and typically my back didnt hurt that much! He twisted me about and didnt seem any pain, so he said to get back to light training and being careful for a little while. I did 10 x bodyweight things last nite, ie pushups, squats etc and seemed ok, although can feel tiny twinge this morning. Maybe its just the fact that I havent done anything.

I have been bad as well though, although I stopped training, i didnt reduce my cals, so have put on a few fat lbs i think. Wont be able to lift heavy for a few weeks i think, so may cut cals back for a little while, then get back to the bulking stage.

Originally Posted by jaymemartin92 View Post
    keep your head up Dani !!
    you are the reason i finally trusted myself and started a bulk, today marks three days =] obviously no gains yet but i do feel able to lift heavier ! excited for the results !
    Thanks, Jayme! Glad to see you here - keep up the great work!

Sorry to hear your down Dani. Sod them, dont even give them the time of day. You probably are looking way better than them anyways x

I went do the docs yesterday, and typically my back didnt hurt that much! He twisted me about and didnt seem any pain, so he said to get back to light training and being careful for a little while. I did 10 x bodyweight things last nite, ie pushups, squats etc and seemed ok, although can feel tiny twinge this morning. Maybe its just the fact that I havent done anything.

I have been bad as well though, although I stopped training, i didnt reduce my cals, so have put on a few fat lbs i think. Wont be able to lift heavy for a few weeks i think, so may cut cals back for a little while, then get back to the bulking stage.
    Thank you! I'm glad you were able to do a little something. Hopefully you're back at it before you know it!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)

I'm dealing with a minor back SI issue at the moment and just came back from my chiro. He warned me off doing any deads at the moment and to be careful with anything like bent-over rows when you put your back in an in-between position where it has to do a tremendous amount of work just to hold you there...which makes me understand why I couldn't do any kind of a row yesterday without my lower back spasming.

Backs are tricky and can get nasty so go easy!
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Seems to be the week for bitching and moaning

I did a light leg workout on Tues and was planning a light upper body workout today. I think I'll can that idea. My neck and trap area still complaining. I get to see my massage therapist tomorrow. Hopefully she can work it out so I can lift light, but more normally next week.

These are just hiccups. I plan on making good use of my time by doing stuff I'm either rushed to do or don't do because of time I spend going to/from and at the gym.

Page 190 of 330 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... LastLast