Page 186 of 330 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 9897
    birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Food.jpg
    Originally Posted by riverofbeauty View Post
    Haha, I'm exactly the same. My snacks are almost more calories than the rest of my meals!
    LOL, I eat a lot of crap too. I'm not technically bulking right now, just a tad (50-100) over maintenance to maintain energy/strength for my meet coming up. But I attached a screenshot of today's food for any curious (its at the top of this post, dunno how it ended up there). Had gym/class/work/class today, so mostly it was portable foods mixed into interesting concoctions. Then my junk food dessert.

ETA: And I IF. The stuff up until the pine nuts I ate all of it (bout 1200 cals) at 1pm, and scarfed the rest in at about 8:30-9pm tonight, so 3k in two meals. Yummy in my tummy!
    Last edited by birdiefu; 04-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    There's some kind of famous quote about this along the lines of: don't ever ask a woman if she's having a baby unless you see a head emerging from her vagina. LOL I can't remember who said it, though.

Dani, do you have anterior pelvic tilt from tight hip flexors? That's like the classic postural reason thin people have abdomens that stick out.
    I do think my hip flexors are tight - I have a hard time getting super low for squats because I feel like they're tight and my flexibility sucks. I can get to just below parallel but ATG is hard. Which was something I was actually going to work on today instead of trying to go heavy - I went heavy legs the other day so I figure I can drop the weight a little and work on form. I'm awful about stretching as well - gotta work on it because I don't want to get injured.

My husband just thinks that the rest of me is so small that when I stand this funny way and my stomach sticks out even a little bit, that it really does look like a pregnant belly. I was looking at a dress one day , and I had a salesgirl walk up to me and after asking if I needed help, say, "OMG, look at your belly!" I swear I literally almost punched her and said through gritted teeth, "I AM NOT PREGNANT." She goes, "You're not???????" True story! Talk about a shopping trip gone bad LOL

So I definitely have something weird going on either with my posture or something else. I suppose I'm going to have to just start laughing about it, but when bulking and knowing I'm gaining weight, it doesn't do much for the psyche LOL I know I'm far from fat - I can still see abs in the mornings most of the time. But with these extra calories, I feel a bit fluffy and full by nighttime.

I'm going to weigh in when I get to the gym today - hoping for a pound at least.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Omg you're so punctual with the tracking... Good luck on your meet!

All I know is that I'm havin Wendy's meal for lunch today yummy!!!!!

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Attachment 4343061

LOL, I eat a lot of crap too. I'm not technically bulking right now, just a tad (50-100) over maintenance to maintain energy/strength for my meet coming up. But I attached a screenshot of today's food for any curious (its at the top of this post, dunno how it ended up there). Had gym/class/work/class today, so mostly it was portable foods mixed into interesting concoctions. Then my junk food dessert.

ETA: And I IF. The stuff up until the pine nuts I ate all of it (bout 1200 cals) at 1pm, and scarfed the rest in at about 8:30-9pm tonight, so 3k in two meals. Yummy in my tummy!

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I weighed and was up a pound! I'm really happy with that - seems I've found the sweet spot I really worked on squatting low today - I had to drop a lot of weight which was humbling but I really want to be able to squat ATG. I think it will do my butt good. I had great deadlifts, overall a great legs workout. It's nice to not be frustrated anymore!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    So I weighed and was up a pound! I'm really happy with that - seems I've found the sweet spot I really worked on squatting low today - I had to drop a lot of weight which was humbling but I really want to be able to squat ATG. I think it will do my butt good. I had great deadlifts, overall a great legs workout. It's nice to not be frustrated anymore!
    Glad to hear everything is coming together for you! Do you do any hip mobility stretches? Those have helped me a ton with getting lower! I like this stretch...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY31J5BeKrg

But the guy is kind of annoying when he talks lol

KellyBUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everybody! I just recently joined Bodybuilding.com. I've trained in the gym since I was in my late teens (I am now 30), and come from a running/track sprinting backround. I love training in the gym and after having my second boy almost 5 months ago now, have decided to see how far I can push my mind and body, and enter a womens physique natural competition this year (October 13)! I have worked out that this gives me 12 weeks to bulk and then 12 to cut. I am not too sure about bulking as it's something I never really considered doing until now!! I am only 5'1", but do weight in at 127Lbs (at an estimated 24%bf). I am currently on about 1700 calories a day (prob slightly more on a weekend when I relax the diet a little), which is made up of about 141g Carbs, 163g Protein and 42g Fat. I do a 4 day split at the gym with the weights, and spin class on a thursday morning. From reading the posts, I am thinking I should be consuming more calories than I currently am - I want to do a clean bulk though as don't want to pile on too much fat (cutting is going to be a killer for me). This is unknown territory - any info/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So lets say hypothetically I start 'cutting' what do you suggest would be a good starting point? I'm 5'5 124lbs lift heavy 4x/week (PMB). I've only been 'bulking' for approx 3.5mts and gained approx. 4lbs.

Now I know that this can barely be considered a true bulk but I think I 'need' to cut for a bit for the upcoming summer. I may cut a little and maintain til' the end of summer. My plan is to prepare for a true honest-to-god (LOL) bulk in the fall...seriously with no whining and being a baby about it!

Free Bird Mac I know you have the magical formulas

Originally Posted by KellyBUK View Post
    Hi everybody! I just recently joined Bodybuilding.com. I've trained in the gym since I was in my late teens (I am now 30), and come from a running/track sprinting backround. I love training in the gym and after having my second boy almost 5 months ago now, have decided to see how far I can push my mind and body, and enter a womens physique natural competition this year (October 13)! I have worked out that this gives me 12 weeks to bulk and then 12 to cut. I am not too sure about bulking as it's something I never really considered doing until now!! I am only 5'1", but do weight in at 127Lbs (at an estimated 24%bf). I am currently on about 1700 calories a day (prob slightly more on a weekend when I relax the diet a little), which is made up of about 141g Carbs, 163g Protein and 42g Fat. I do a 4 day split at the gym with the weights, and spin class on a thursday morning. From reading the posts, I am thinking I should be consuming more calories than I currently am - I want to do a clean bulk though as don't want to pile on too much fat (cutting is going to be a killer for me). This is unknown territory - any info/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Yeah, 1700 isnt bulking calories. I'm 5'1" myself and am eating 2500-2600. You're protein intake is okay - that's about what I have. It's actually a bit high for me but that's the amount I get without really trying so I'm fine with it. You can do way more fat - I have sometimes up to 80g, and you'll definitely need more carbs to bulk.

All of this being said, I'm going to advise you to post maybe some pics on the forum outside of this post so some of the more experienced women with competing can give you better advice. Anything is possible, and of course, not knowing how much lean mass you already have, I don't know that you are going to be stage ready by October 13. I am actually looking at a show on October 6, have been bulking seriously since January and it's taken me awhile to find my sweet spot and start making gains. I was sick with a GI bug a few weeks ago which also set me back a little. I was sort of doing a recomp from October to January because I stubbornly stuck to my calculations even though I wasn't gaining. My point is this: I have a decent base but I am thinking I'm not going to be competition ready by October and I've been bulking for a couple months now. If everything goes perfectly for you, the most muscle you can hope to gain in 12 weeks is maybe 3 pounds of muscle which may or may not cut it depending on what you've got going on right now. And a lot of women tend to think they have more muscle than they actually have. But just starting to bulk now for an October show really doesn't seem like enough time to me and my extremely limited experience. There's also a stickied post about realistic goals and competing that you might want to check out - I believe it's in the Female BB section. And definitely post pics(front/back/side) so you get some more feedback. Competiting is a great goal to have and remember the stage isn't going anywhere. It's better to wait and be prepared than get up there unprepared and be discouraged. Good luck and welcome! There's great bulking support here!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

KellyBUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers Dani - I'll try and post some pics by the end of the week! At the moment my aim is to see what I can achieve by then - if I am happy that I have the size and condition (plus the balls to get on stage!) then I'll go for it, but I can definately appreciate what you say about waiting until I'm fully prepared. I 've had a look about and I should be eating more like around 2,300 cals, so the diet has already been adjusted accordingly. Once I've posted some pics and got some feedback, I'll give it 4-6 weeks on the training and diet and then aim to post progress pics for further feedback, and to see whether I am heading in the right direction! Thanks for posting - support is always great!

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sing together...."Oh where oh where have all the bulkers gone?" LOL That time of yeah eh?!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WariorGoddess View Post
    So lets say hypothetically I start 'cutting' what do you suggest would be a good starting point? I'm 5'5 124lbs lift heavy 4x/week (PMB). I've only been 'bulking' for approx 3.5mts and gained approx. 4lbs.

Now I know that this can barely be considered a true bulk but I think I 'need' to cut for a bit for the upcoming summer. I may cut a little and maintain til' the end of summer. My plan is to prepare for a true honest-to-god (LOL) bulk in the fall...seriously with no whining and being a baby about it!

Free Bird Mac I know you have the magical formulas
    Post up some recent picts. I'd love to get to 125 or so and maintain. It's a good weight for my height. An inch could easily mean 130 for you. But it all depends on the look you're going for.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KellyBUK View Post
    Honestly, if you plan on competing this year it'll be with the muscle you already have. You are not going to accomplish much in 12 weeks and you'll probably need more than 12 weeks to lean out. I'd postpone the comp, bulk while your body recovers from pregnancy (are you breastfeeding), the plan a comp late next year.

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sing together...."Oh where oh where have all the bulkers gone?" LOL That time of yeah eh?!
    Im still here! Ive been away..I just got back from a four day trip. Sadly, I lost 2 lb while away. I think its mostly water though. I was eating around 1500 cals each day and my bodymedia said I was burning about 1800 cals per day....so i think it is impossible that i lost 2lb of real weight in 4 days. I didn't work out at all while gone either (I "forgot' to pack gym shoes...no temptation). i did do a yoga class since they had one at my hotel though. We'll see if my weight bounces back in a few days. Im back up to my bulking calories..i have been since my first day back.
    Hope you are all well

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Post up some recent picts. I'd love to get to 125 or so and maintain. It's a good weight for my height. An inch could easily mean 130 for you. But it all depends on the look you're going for.
    I have a few updated pics in my before and after section! I'm actually leaner than the pics look...like I said in my "obsessed or dedicated" post, I think I will eat at maintenance than a srs bulk in the fall.

Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    Im still here! Ive been away..I just got back from a four day trip. Sadly, I lost 2 lb while away. I think its mostly water though. I was eating around 1500 cals each day and my bodymedia said I was burning about 1800 cals per day....so i think it is impossible that i lost 2lb of real weight in 4 days. I didn't work out at all while gone either (I "forgot' to pack gym shoes...no temptation). i did do a yoga class since they had one at my hotel though. We'll see if my weight bounces back in a few days. Im back up to my bulking calories..i have been since my first day back.
    Hope you are all well
    Yeah 2lbs of real weight in two days is a bit much...but whatever it is don't let it set you back! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that those 2lbs re-appear (if they haven't already) Sounds like your back on track now! You're doing great!

I have a few updated pics in my before and after section! I'm actually leaner than the pics look...like I said in my "obsessed or dedicated" post, I think I will eat at maintenance than a srs bulk in the fall.
    Definitely eat at maintenance. You'll recoup nicely over the summer. Leaning out would bring everything out but leave you pretty thin and could trigger your ED past. It would very likely bring comments and concerns from others. So yeah, skip that stress. If you have a good successful bulk then you should be in a good position for focusing on leaning out.

Just watch the recoup process over the summer. You can end up pretty darn lean. That's happened to me. Don't be afraid to have some good summer cheats

Ok, this scale at my new gym is goofy! I'm pretty sure I gained but not sure if it's 1 or 2 or even more. I got on it at first and it was, like, 4 pounds up. Then when I made sure I was standing dead center, it went down a little but stayed even through 111, 110, 109. I got back on it again later and it was definitely either 109 or 110. I'm sort of not sure where to go with my calories - I've had an odd sort of week. I missed my abs class which is pretty intense and I do eat more on that day but my daughter was sick so I couldn't make it and just did yoga so I just ate my normal cals which I've been doing on rest days anyway, just eating the same. And I'm slightly injured - pulled/strained a rib or intercostal muscle I think on Saturday in abs class. So a little less activity + an injury and I think I've been a bit on sodium overload this week so I'm thinking it might be some water weight. I'm definitely not upping cals since I have definitely been gaining. I'm just wondering if I should decrease very slightly - I'm doing 2500-2600 so maybe back down to 2400-2500. This might be a mindfuk coming out slightly - I feel gross and fat and bloaty which is definitely making me think there's some water retention going on, but it's this stupid scale seeming off. I just worry I'm gaining too fast I guess is what Im trying to say.

Even with the rib thing, I had a great back/bi workout yesterday. Legs today was a bit of a problem with it, though. I've been working on my squat form anyway, really trying to go ATG, so I've had to lower weight and I was able to get everything in on those with no problems, but deadlifts, I had to lower weight a bit because of the pain. I did hack squats, not as heavy as usual, and was able to do curtsy lunges, one-leg deads and plie squats, one-leg presses and sort of did a burnout set on the butt blast thingy without the pain interfering. It seems the big lifts gave me an issue more than anything. I hate to admit I'm human but I think I just have to rest all weekend. I'm pretty certain abs class is out for tomorrow but I was maybe gonna try and do some type of workout - probably best to just chill out, though. I'm just frustrated - again, I start making progress and then have a setback.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok, this scale at my new gym is goofy! I'm pretty sure I gained but not sure if it's 1 or 2 or even more. I got on it at first and it was, like, 4 pounds up. Then when I made sure I was standing dead center, it went down a little but stayed even through 111, 110, 109. I got back on it again later and it was definitely either 109 or 110. I'm sort of not sure where to go with my calories - I've had an odd sort of week. I missed my abs class which is pretty intense and I do eat more on that day but my daughter was sick so I couldn't make it and just did yoga so I just ate my normal cals which I've been doing on rest days anyway, just eating the same. And I'm slightly injured - pulled/strained a rib or intercostal muscle I think on Saturday in abs class. So a little less activity + an injury and I think I've been a bit on sodium overload this week so I'm thinking it might be some water weight. I'm definitely not upping cals since I have definitely been gaining. I'm just wondering if I should decrease very slightly - I'm doing 2500-2600 so maybe back down to 2400-2500. This might be a mindfuk coming out slightly - I feel gross and fat and bloaty which is definitely making me think there's some water retention going on, but it's this stupid scale seeming off. I just worry I'm gaining too fast I guess is what Im trying to say.

Even with the rib thing, I had a great back/bi workout yesterday. Legs today was a bit of a problem with it, though. I've been working on my squat form anyway, really trying to go ATG, so I've had to lower weight and I was able to get everything in on those with no problems, but deadlifts, I had to lower weight a bit because of the pain. I did hack squats, not as heavy as usual, and was able to do curtsy lunges, one-leg deads and plie squats, one-leg presses and sort of did a burnout set on the butt blast thingy without the pain interfering. It seems the big lifts gave me an issue more than anything. I hate to admit I'm human but I think I just have to rest all weekend. I'm pretty certain abs class is out for tomorrow but I was maybe gonna try and do some type of workout - probably best to just chill out, though. I'm just frustrated - again, I start making progress and then have a setback.
    I can relate to this. I am learning that this whole thing (bodybuilding) is not linear. One step forward, two steps back, but that’s ok . I was out for 4 weeks due to surgery, went back and started with light weight, it felt like I have just lost a big portion of what I have gained. Not exaclty. I went down on my squats, but that is because I read Starting Strenght, so decided to lower weight and went back to proper form and doing full squats, butt to the floor. It’s ok, I am learning. But deadlifts went up for no particular reason! So I think, its ok, it’s a learning experience – we get sick, take a break, get back to it, gain, lose, we are getting better though . Take some rest and you will be back and stronger in no time

p.s. During the 4 weeks I was out, I was reading Starting Strenght and practicing deadlifts and squats with a broom on my back yard

Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    I can relate to this. I am learning that this whole thing (bodybuilding) is not linear. One step forward, two steps back, but that’s ok . I was out for 4 weeks due to surgery, went back and started with light weight, it felt like I have just lost a big portion of what I have gained. Not exaclty. I went down on my squats, but that is because I read Starting Strenght, so decided to lower weight and went back to proper form and doing full squats, butt to the floor. It’s ok, I am learning. But deadlifts went up for no particular reason! So I think, its ok, it’s a learning experience – we get sick, take a break, get back to it, gain, lose, we are getting better though . Take some rest and you will be back and stronger in no time

p.s. During the 4 weeks I was out, I was reading Starting Strenght and practicing deadlifts and squats with a broom on my back yard
    I got Versa grips so my deadlifts definitely have gone up. I do legs 2x a week and I wanted to do more strength one of the days, and the other day sort of more hypertrophy, 4 straight sets of 10. I did it that way a couple weeks ago, but that went out the window this week! When I did legs on Tuesday, I got the 4x10 on deads, but could not do that weight today and had to lower it, and it didn't seem light but the pain I think was definitely interfering.

And I'm okay with going down on squats - like you, I'm really trying to get my butt to the floor and I think it's worth it to sacrifice the weight for doing it right. I still was going slightly below parallel but definitely not ATG which is where I want to be.

My friend is a chiropractor and recommended KT Tape and I ended up taping myself and I do sort of think it would help if I'd taped the right spot, but I think I did it wrong. My husband said he'd do it for me but acted like I was silly for thinking it would work saying the only thing to do is rest so I just did it myself. LOL He has a point, though. It seems a little bit better and I think if I take the weekend, by next week, I'll be ok. It's pretty stupid to keep pushing because I might just end up making it worse
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got Versa grips so my deadlifts definitely have gone up. I do legs 2x a week and I wanted to do more strength one of the days, and the other day sort of more hypertrophy, 4 straight sets of 10. I did it that way a couple weeks ago, but that went out the window this week! When I did legs on Tuesday, I got the 4x10 on deads, but could not do that weight today and had to lower it, and it didn't seem light but the pain I think was definitely interfering.

And I'm okay with going down on squats - like you, I'm really trying to get my butt to the floor and I think it's worth it to sacrifice the weight for doing it right. I still was going slightly below parallel but definitely not ATG which is where I want to be.

My friend is a chiropractor and recommended KT Tape and I ended up taping myself and I do sort of think it would help if I'd taped the right spot, but I think I did it wrong. My husband said he'd do it for me but acted like I was silly for thinking it would work saying the only thing to do is rest so I just did it myself. LOL He has a point, though. It seems a little bit better and I think if I take the weekend, by next week, I'll be ok. It's pretty stupid to keep pushing because I might just end up making it worse
    Exactly. It will probably get worse if you don't heal completelly. I had a snowboarding injury last year and refused to listen to my doc and went to the gym too early. Man, did I regeret it. I still over a year have pain sometimes

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm gonna have to go back and catch up on how everyone is doing. i haven't been around b/c my bulk is over. i haven't figured out maintenance. i decreased cals but am still gaining.

and then....

back problems again. transverse process fractures. immense amnt of pain. this time is really different. i mean, similar enough that i knew i had fractured, but i can do more - e.g., last time i couldn't pull my car door open or cut an apple and i can do both (the former hurts but not intolerable) - but my pain radiates down my arm into my fingers, i feel nauseas (but not more so after eating so i just eat), and i get headaches. i feel like something is wrong and all the doc cared abt was that i don't need surgery. i'm happy, thrilled, and after the colon, never want to go under the knife for anything, even if it's something minor, but wtf is going on? they want me to wait two weeks before even thinking abt a next step, and i get them not wanting to expose me to more radiation, esp if it wouldn't change the course of treatment (and, again, all they care abt is that surgery isn't indicated), but i need specifics. which verterae, how many, why is this time different (also on left side vs right, but that wouldn't be indicative of anything). and i have a high tolerance for pain and have never gone to the doc w/o something really being wrong - the colon and the fractures. and w/ the colon, while they were testing me for lyme disease, for which i had zero symptoms, and gauchers, some random genetic disorder for which, again, no symptoms matched, my f-ing colon was dying. maybe if they took me more seriously, i'd have more than 10 percent left, i wouldn't have needed the 2 subsequent surgeries, i wouldn't be having diarrhea 21 times a day, etc. i'm not sure why i'm not taken seriously. i never go to the doc. i'm not a hypochondriac. i just hurt so much. i cry. i was hysterical at the doctors and spasming and ran out b/c they were being pricks. i mean, everything is my fault. my ed caused everything. lax abuse caused my colon to die, malnourishment caused the osteoporosis making me more likely to fracture. but i've been so
    diligent for a while. and esp for this time. i eat 5 servings of dairy (6 but cc doesn't have much calcium so i don't count it. but i have other foods w/ calcium too anyway), take calcium, vitamin d, magnesium, and zinc, am on evista, lift, gained bf and weight to bring me to the normal, healthy range. and even if i didn't do those things, that wouldn't mean i deserve this or purposefully did it to myself or that it's not real.

and i know lifting is more than a hobby to so many, but I also feel like it's just my raisin d'etre and others have something or someone else and I don't. alone. just working desk. never hang out w/ friends b/c of the social anxiety, i never have fun, i hate going out, and i hate doing things.

plus i worked my butt off for every ounce of muscle and every bit of strength, which i know isn't much and isn't saying a lot, but, yeah, don't wanna lose a thing.

and have to play w/ cals to figure out maintenance. obviously don't want to lose but don't want to gain. i still eat a ton so my macro's are all good and protein is kept high and i take amino's.

no time-frame given as of yet. don't even know if i'm seeing the doc again. i'll see how it is in a couple weeks.

31 sucks!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry, I don't even know what to say.

The headaches and arm pain sounds like your neck/upper back/shoulder muscles are spasming to "splint" your spinal injury. You could probably stand to get massage therapy from a therapist who is VERY experienced in injury work if you're cleared for that.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry, I don't even know what to say.

The headaches and arm pain sounds like your neck/upper back/shoulder muscles are spasming to "splint" your spinal injury. You could probably stand to get massage therapy from a therapist who is VERY experienced in injury work if you're cleared for that.
    the thought of someone even touching my neck or back makes me cringe. how are you, drea?

8.3 on the pain scale right now, which makes me feel like a big baby. subtotal colectomy, ileostomy, ileostomy reversal - a big deal. fractures are nothing. kids break bones all the time and stop crying by the time the cast is put on and continue to play and play. i am so miserable. the pain, no sleep, not lifting (and the plethora of things that does for me), being bored to tears but unable to concentrate on anything so basically just sitting. i can't wait 2 weeks for something to be done, but then again, if nothing can be done, i have no choice. just don't see how i can survive it. ugh, such a baby!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    the thought of someone even touching my neck or back makes me cringe. how are you, drea?

8.3 on the pain scale right now, which makes me feel like a big baby. subtotal colectomy, ileostomy, ileostomy reversal - a big deal. fractures are nothing. kids break bones all the time and stop crying by the time the cast is put on and continue to play and play. i am so miserable. the pain, no sleep, not lifting (and the plethora of things that does for me), being bored to tears but unable to concentrate on anything so basically just sitting. i can't wait 2 weeks for something to be done, but then again, if nothing can be done, i have no choice. just don't see how i can survive it. ugh, such a baby!
    You are NOT a baby. Being in pain sux. Being in pain and then not being able to sleep because of it sux worse. Not being able to do the things that give you pleasure (i.e. work out) sux. Don't beat yourself up over not being some kind of stoic wonderwoman *when you've fractured your spine.*

I'm good! I kinda noticed that I've probably only eaten at maintenance over the past month, so I'm trying to psyche myself up to increase my calories. I feel so good where I am now though, having (mostly) great workouts and making good strength gains, NOT feeling bloated, feeling satisfied with my food...it's hard to motivate myself to bulk more aggressively rather than (I guess) recomp. Apologies to those of you who read my journal and already have heard all this but I just switched back to a three day a week full body lifting schedule. I was doing a 4 day upper/lower, and I just want more time free from the obligation to get to the gym and lift with spring/summer upon us. I want to run outside in the (short) window of good running weather we have here in the northeast. I wanna make it to yoga instead of just talking about going to yoga. And I want to be able to partake in the social situations that pop up more in the good weather without being all "OMG, how'm I gonna fit two more days of lifting in this week??!?" So that's where I'm at.

Oh, and I have discovered that a Dunkin' Donuts multigrain bagel + a medium coffee on the way to the gym = preworkout par excellence. Boom! PRs e'rwhere!

Bulking ladies, where are you all? 'Sup?

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)

Im so sorry to hear about what you're going through. Don't minimize your pain though. Everyone experiences pain differently, regardless of what you've been through in the past, the pain you're experiencing now is legit and real...and no one (even doctors) can tell you how it feels to be in your body. If kids who break bones feel the same pain you do, they would certainly not be playing...they would be crying and miserable as well. Has nothing to do with "not being able to handle it". My point is, don't feel bad or like a failure....youve done an amazing job so far and I know you'll keep it up.

ETA: Have they at least given you something to medicate the pain until they locate the cause?

i gained .8. had decreased cals and then more when i got injured, but sort of knew i gained so last night i made a few changes to enact today. so far the changes add up to 100 cals. how much do you guys think i should take out? need to stop the gaining.

Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    ETA: Have they at least given you something to medicate the pain until they locate the cause?
    yeah, i have vicodin. i don't think they're even going to try to locate the cause.

I'm good! I kinda noticed that I've probably only eaten at maintenance over the past month, so I'm trying to psyche myself up to increase my calories. I feel so good where I am now though, having (mostly) great workouts and making good strength gains, NOT feeling bloated, feeling satisfied with my food...it's hard to motivate myself to bulk more aggressively rather than (I guess) recomp. Apologies to those of you who read my journal and already have heard all this but I just switched back to a three day a week full body lifting schedule. I was doing a 4 day upper/lower, and I just want more time free from the obligation to get to the gym and lift with spring/summer upon us. I want to run outside in the (short) window of good running weather we have here in the northeast. I wanna make it to yoga instead of just talking about going to yoga. And I want to be able to partake in the social situations that pop up more in the good weather without being all "OMG, how'm I gonna fit two more days of lifting in this week??!?" So that's where I'm at.
    sounds like you're at a really good place. so why switch to bulking more aggressively at this point? why do you feel like you should psyche yourself up for it? can do that whenever you want, but if you're happy where you are, why not sit w/ that till you feel like a 'real' bulk is more what you want. you can start whenever you want.

i gained .8. had decreased cals and then more when i got injured, but sort of knew i gained so last night i made a few changes to enact today. so far the changes add up to 100 cals. how much do you guys think i should take out? need to stop the gaining.

yeah, i have vicodin. i don't think they're even going to try to locate the cause.

sounds like you're at a really good place. so why switch to bulking more aggressively at this point? why do you feel like you should psyche yourself up for it? can do that whenever you want, but if you're happy where you are, why not sit w/ that till you feel like a 'real' bulk is more what you want. you can start whenever you want.
    I agree with others – do not minimize your pain. Spinal injuries are the absolutely the worst, docs prescribe morphine for them! Please take care of yourself, heal, gym can wait, there is nothing more important that your health. I know, it sucks when it is the only outlet for anxiety and depression. I can completely relate to it. You gave me a great advice to read something health oriented when I was out of the gym. Man, am I happy that I did! I got into Starting Strength and love it. I am learning so much form this book. Do you have to go to the same doctor or can you try someone new? Sometimes it takes a while to find someone that would listen and take time to understand. So many docs see you for 5 minutes, prescribe some bs and send you on your way (btw, vicodin does nothing for me, i would still be in pain if i took it). All bad stuff is temorary, I try to think this way (although its hard, I know). Stay strong.

minor mental health/anti-ed victory. i am upset abt the weight gain, miserable w/o lifting, and in pain. my schedule was screwy and i got home at the time when i normally have meal 3. but i hadn't had meal 2. wasn't hungry and easily could have skipped. and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway - just one day. but i didn't let myself do it. i ate meal 2 and then immediately ate meal 3 so i wouldn't be running *too* late. i just know what a slippery slope it can become. yes, just one day, but i also didn't feel hungry, so skipping again would have been nothing. cutting down on anything once makes it too easy and tempting to just leave it out. i am so ocd abt time so this making me run late is not cool, but it's a really big thing for me. i know there are other ways it could have been handled - such as skipping it and adding more to the next meals - but that's not how it works for me.

seeing orthopedist again on tues. my neck was stiff but now has pain. doc wanted to get me in fri am but i can't find anyone to cover at work. damn opening shifts. he didn't have time for weeks, only does mornings (i work mornings), and is in surgery on my 2 days off (when i could obvoiusly see him at any time). but tears and hyperventilating, very unintentional, got me an appt for tues immediately after work.

don't know how long i'll take off.

Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    btw, vicodin does nothing for me, i would still be in pain if i took it
    vicodin doesn't do anything for me either. oxycodone is the only thing that does. but it's gotta be better/do more than motrin or advil, so i take it. doesn't make me drowsy or anything either.

I dunno. Mainly because "the plan" was to re-start bulking in February and just keep going with the long, slow bulk for the rest of the year, and I--no offense to anyone--don't wanna be one of those people who are constantly equivocating and second-guessing and changing what they're doing. You know: "oh! now I'm bulking! And now I'm cutting! And now I'm recomping! And now I'm cutting again! And this is the fourth different program I've run in the last six weeks!" It's so hard for us chicks to really gain a substantial amount of muscle that I feel like it takes determination and consistency and just gritting your teeth and sticking to it/sticking with it. And now that my newbie gains are about to run out any.day.now. it makes me even more concerned that eating just around maintenance is really not going to give me the progress I could make if I were eating more.

Um, and by "concerned" I don't mean it's keeping me up at night or anything. Heh. I realize that how much muscle I do or do not gain is, in the scheme of the universe and my life, a fairly trivial matter.

minor mental health/anti-ed victory. i am upset abt the weight gain, miserable w/o lifting, and in pain. my schedule was screwy and i got home at the time when i normally have meal 3. but i hadn't had meal 2. wasn't hungry and easily could have skipped. and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway - just one day. but i didn't let myself do it. i ate meal 2 and then immediately ate meal 3 so i wouldn't be running *too* late. i just know what a slippery slope it can become.
    Good for you!

Hope the doctor's appointment is productive and they at least do something to help make you more comfortable while you're healing.

missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First time bulker right here! (And thanks to freebirdmac for sending me over! You ladies are awesome!!) Just started bulking at the beginning of April, doing Jim Stoppani's 12 Week program. I based my calories off my LBM and that put me at about 2360 on training days and 3160 on non-training days, but freebirdmac was saying I should bump up my calories to 2500. Sounds like a lot! haha! But then again, I AM bulking! (It's a mind game for me! :P) Does that sound like a good calorie goal?
    My weight journey has been one of the most frustrating things for me because I never go below 130 and never go above 138. What is a 5'7 bodybuilder supposed to shoot for?? My plan was to just base my goal off my body fat percentage (I started at 14% at the beginning of the program and haven't had it measured since, and my goal is 10%) but it would be kinda nice to have a scale number to at least shoot for. (I'm always looking around for other 5'7 ladies! Where are they?? haha)
    One thing I LOVE is seeing my strength go up! ^.^
    I visited my old high school the other day and ran into two of my brother's friends and the first thing they said when they saw me was "HOLY CRAP ERIKA! Your arms are so buff!" lol, for me, that's a huge compliment! Arm's were a big insecurity for me for awhile, and I've worked them hard to get them where they are!
    Keep calm and lift something.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else ...

All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you, something great will come of it.

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I dunno. Mainly because "the plan" was to re-start bulking in February and just keep going with the long, slow bulk for the rest of the year, and I--no offense to anyone--don't wanna be one of those people who are constantly equivocating and second-guessing and changing what they're doing. You know: "oh! now I'm bulking! And now I'm cutting! And now I'm recomping! And now I'm cutting again! And this is the fourth different program I've run in the last six weeks!" It's so hard for us chicks to really gain a substantial amount of muscle that I feel like it takes determination and consistency and just gritting your teeth and sticking to it/sticking with it. And now that my newbie gains are about to run out any.day.now. it makes me even more concerned that eating just around maintenance is really not going to give me the progress I could make if I were eating more.
    I really needed to read this right about now.

I'm venturing out of the safety of my journal to get some support. Since last summer I've been gaining and losing the same few pounds so I decided it was time to really commit to seeing if I could gain a bit of muscle. I was probably a bit too high body fat percentage wise (over 25%) but I was sick of spinning my wheels. I've been doing the 5/3/1 program since December and started the 5/3/1 3 Month Boring But Big Challenge (it's the bodybuilding template of the program) last month. I haven't been weighing myself (last time I checked I was 132 in Feb) and haven't really been doing any serious tracking of calories, just eating and enjoying my time in the gym. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 140 which is absolutely freaking me out. My favorite pair of black pants are really tight and I can just barely zip them.

Part of me wants to start dieting NOW but then I know I'm going to be going back to square one. Any words of wisdom/support would be appreciated.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Page 186 of 330 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast