Page 149 of 330 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 9897
    -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Don't lower your cals! Rework your macros. Up fat and possibly protein. Choose better carbs.
    LOL!! Ok. I am doing 2000 non lifting days and 2300 lifting days. I guess maintenance around 1950-2000ish.
    I am shooting for 180ish protein, 69ish fat and the rest carbs.

I will hang in there. This is so foreign! But I have looked the same for 15 years, know I gotta do this. Thanks, FBM.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    Hello, bulkers.
    Question, wonder if any of you can relate. I am 'skinny fat' at 5'8 and 125 lbs, but wear a size 8, so def not a toothpick, just way more BF than muscle mass, esp on the bottom. I have a healthy body image, not distorted. I have never had food issues, except binging infrequently. It is weird, no rhyme or reason. I have never dieted, though make healthy choices and enjoy treats sometimes as well. I think nursing my babies for a year each made my metabolism faster- can eat a lot and maintained for 2 years with no tracking etc, just eating when I wanted, healthy nutritious food, some treats, etc. I have never under eaten or dieted at all. This week I increased my cals to 2300 and it has made the bingyness come back! You'd think it'd be the opposite. I do well, satisfied and no cravings at 1900ish. Today not good. Thinking I will go back to 2000 a few days and slowly go up to get used to it. Thoughts? Thanks.
    Don't lower your cals! Rework your macros. Up fat and possibly protein. Choose better carbs.
    ^^^ HI -H-, After reading most of your journal today, I realize that you and I have much in common as far as body types and the infrequent bingeing on sweets. I have found that as FBM says, upping my fats (and protein) has helped IMMENSELY with the urge to binge. Before I had always eaten the "low-fat diet" and have realized that eating more fats satisfies me amazingly. I also stay away from sugar except for special occasions. Not having sugar has also made a big difference in the bingeing. I find myself satisfied with truvia or stevia sweetened things and I don't find that I miss the sugar all that much. That's just me... but I thought I would throw that out there.
    YOU GO with the bulk!!! I'm a little jelly... I HAVE tried almost every diet under the sun; however, and finally think I've wised up to the fact that unless I change what I've been doing, I will just always be a smaller version of myself (i.e pear-shaped, saddlebags, cellulite). I am AT LEAST 1-2 sizes difference from my upper body versus my lower body. I was thinking that I may try a bulk for the plain fact that I really want some muscle pronto!! . I've been working out seriously for the past 6 months and have made some decent gains but I want more!! BUT, I realize that this is a process and it is just going to take some time, so I'm willing to put in the time. I think that I will continue to eat at maintenace (or slightly below) and lift heavy and then come fall/winter, try a bulk. I still have a quite a bit of fat on me and I don't think it would be ideal for me to do a bulk right now.. LOL!

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Probably not given the activity level of the average person. Sad isn't it. I sure wish someone would break the myths down and tout weight lifting as a means to lose fat, gain muscle, get healthy, and look better. We know damn well how good it is and that no one is going to get too big. Muscles are not bad. People need their eyes opened and the idea of looking like a gear using ripped competitor shred apart.

Doesn't help when you get wankers in the press like Piers Morgan saying Madonna and Angelina Jolie are 'too muscular'. FFS...Jolie probably has negative bodyfat numbers and no muscle and Madonna a wee bit of muscle and really low b/f. But muscular...give me a frickin' break.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Doesn't help when you get wankers in the press like Piers Morgan saying Madonna and Angelina Jolie are 'too muscular'. FFS...Jolie probably has negative bodyfat numbers and no muscle and Madonna a wee bit of muscle and really low b/f. But muscular...give me a frickin' break.
    Piers is a wanker. Probably has a small one

aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    piers is a wanker. Probably has a small one
    lol..

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think Jolie is just sickly! Muscle - PLEASE!!

HAHA! I LUV YOU!!!

Originally Posted by aspenleigh View Post
    lol..
    *2 on that! Best laugh I've had all day!

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so so true...

and what about Cameron Diaz?? Did yall see this article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...egime-far.html

... makes me rage...

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    so so true...

... makes me rage...
    What's encouraging though is, if you read the comments, more people were defending her than not.

BTW, Angelina Jolie muscular? Wut? That's just...bizarre.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^ HI -H-, After reading most of your journal today, I realize that you and I have much in common as far as body types and the infrequent bingeing on sweets. I have found that as FBM says, upping my fats (and protein) has helped IMMENSELY with the urge to binge. Before I had always eaten the "low-fat diet" and have realized that eating more fats satisfies me amazingly. I also stay away from sugar except for special occasions. Not having sugar has also made a big difference in the bingeing. I find myself satisfied with truvia or stevia sweetened things and I don't find that I miss the sugar all that much. That's just me... but I thought I would throw that out there.
    YOU GO with the bulk!!! I'm a little jelly... I HAVE tried almost every diet under the sun; however, and finally think I've wised up to the fact that unless I change what I've been doing, I will just always be a smaller version of myself (i.e pear-shaped, saddlebags, cellulite). I am AT LEAST 1-2 sizes difference from my upper body versus my lower body. I was thinking that I may try a bulk for the plain fact that I really want some muscle pronto!! . I've been working out seriously for the past 6 months and have made some decent gains but I want more!! BUT, I realize that this is a process and it is just going to take some time, so I'm willing to put in the time. I think that I will continue to eat at maintenace (or slightly below) and lift heavy and then come fall/winter, try a bulk. I still have a quite a bit of fat on me and I don't think it would be ideal for me to do a bulk right now.. LOL!
    Hi!! Thanks for the comments!! You look great, though- I can only see the one pic but I think I have more fat on the bottom than you...that might be why I am conflicted about this, but my upper body is so lean. LOL. So a slooow bulk would be ok.
    ME, TOO! Wow we do have a lot in common. I wonder sometimes if I should lose more on the lower body first- Tons of cellulite and saddlebags. Cellulite is really bad. The gals all said gain mass and it will change my shape. I know it is true!! Maybe post some pics and get some input!!
    I agree that staying away from sugar helps. I have ups and downs. IO recently tried to go off sweets, and it was ok for awhile, but not realistic for me....I gotta find the balance. It was helpful though, in some ways. I CAN do it if I need to, I guess. Gotta avoid the first one (and in turn the next 20 lol.)
    Thanks again!! Not sure if you have a journal but going to go look.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

cmspafford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello all I am Charlotte!

I'm new here, but have been lurking in curiosity for a little while now. I appreciate all the wisdom floating around in this forum - it's so refreshing to see women who aren't afraid to EAT and lift heavy things! I have learnt so much already, but am feeling a little hesitation about putting it into practice! Just looking for a little support and help figuring out some goals.

I gained about 10lb last year, going from 100-110 at 5'4'. It was well-needed weight, though I have a feeling most of it was fat (I don't know my bf%, though I'm thinking maybe low 20s?). I have been lifting heavy (full body 3X per week - deadlifts, squat, bpress, etc) without cardio since about October, and have seen exciting gains at the gym, but I'm feeling like I would like to see some more definition. I'm learning that bulking is probably my best bet, but I'm pretty nervous about the idea of significant fat gain and unsure if it is something I can do atm.

Also, after a long time of undereating, I'm hoping to get my metabolism revving again. For the past while I've been at ~1500 cals. Pretty lame, I know - but I did gain those 10lb on it, and it helped me get to a healthier weight w/o freaking out. I've been trying to up it, and have been hitting ~1700 for a bit now. My maintenance is probably around 1800, and would be looking at 2100+ ish to bulk, methinks?

Anyway, I guess my main wonderings are around what I need to do to see results. Bulking scares me a bit, and I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for it yet, but I am still considering. If I ate around my *true* maintenance for a while, would a recomp-type approach/newb gains be possible?

Thanks!

Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    I'm with you on the low carb! My friend does the Dukan diet and SWEARS all people eat too many carbs, that she only has that spoonful of bran and veggies only every other day and is full of energy. I ain't buying it! I mean, she does not lift weights or work out like we all do here but still - I call BS. Even people who eat "low carb" eat more carbs than that.
    Before i started getting my macros right, i was eating ~70g carbs a day and lifting. My lifts still went up massively during that time with my deadlift from 20kg-95kg. I never felt lacking in energy because it was the amount of carbs that i was used to eating to be honest! I think as long as you're eating enough protein you can get away with lowish carbs. I increased them when my lifts started stalling though and now eating ~220g carbs a day

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so so true...

... makes me rage...
    i hadn't seen that article but a very similar one that said she looked "manly." whatever!!

Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    Hi!! Thanks for the comments!! You look great, though- I can only see the one pic but I think I have more fat on the bottom than you...that might be why I am conflicted about this, but my upper body is so lean. LOL. So a slooow bulk would be ok.
    ME, TOO! Wow we do have a lot in common. I wonder sometimes if I should lose more on the lower body first- Tons of cellulite and saddlebags. Cellulite is really bad. The gals all said gain mass and it will change my shape. I know it is true!! Maybe post some pics and get some input!!
    I agree that staying away from sugar helps. I have ups and downs. IO recently tried to go off sweets, and it was ok for awhile, but not realistic for me....I gotta find the balance. It was helpful though, in some ways. I CAN do it if I need to, I guess. Gotta avoid the first one (and in turn the next 20 lol.)
    Thanks again!! Not sure if you have a journal but going to go look.
    Thanks H! I don't have a journal at this point. I don't think I would be able to do it justice right now. I would like to start one some time but for right now I'm just hijacking all ya'lls...

Talking about the bingeing etc.. I know a lot of mine is stress/emotional related..sigh.. LOl!

Thanks H! I don't have a journal at this point. I don't think I would be able to do it justice right now. I would like to start one some time but for right now I'm just hijacking all ya'lls...

Talking about the bingeing etc.. I know a lot of mine is stress/emotional related..sigh.. LOl!
    LOL! Well lemme know when you start one.
    I have NO clue about mine!! There does not seem to be rhyme or reason, lol......I do pay attention, not sure sometimes. I can def stress or emotionally eat, though, though the bingyness is not always related it seems. WEIRD! But, high hopes for a great day today!

Interesting about the lower carb stuff- I think that might work better for me. Not really low, but not 300, lol....

Hope everyone has great days!
    -- Nike

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love bulking I need to grow some legs, and today my legs look more muscular and that makes me happy I've been eating a lot this time around! Anywhere from 2000-2300 on my rest days and ~2400-2500 on my workout days! Only working out 3 days a week and my weight is doing it's normal 1-2.5lb fluctuations, but nothing crazy like last year when I bulked. I am happy

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cmspafford View Post
    Hello all I am Charlotte!

I'm new here, but have been lurking in curiosity for a little while now. I appreciate all the wisdom floating around in this forum - it's so refreshing to see women who aren't afraid to EAT and lift heavy things! I have learnt so much already, but am feeling a little hesitation about putting it into practice! Just looking for a little support and help figuring out some goals.

I gained about 10lb last year, going from 100-110 at 5'4'. It was well-needed weight, though I have a feeling most of it was fat (I don't know my bf%, though I'm thinking maybe low 20s?). I have been lifting heavy (full body 3X per week - deadlifts, squat, bpress, etc) without cardio since about October, and have seen exciting gains at the gym, but I'm feeling like I would like to see some more definition. I'm learning that bulking is probably my best bet, but I'm pretty nervous about the idea of significant fat gain and unsure if it is something I can do atm.

Also, after a long time of undereating, I'm hoping to get my metabolism revving again. For the past while I've been at ~1500 cals. Pretty lame, I know - but I did gain those 10lb on it, and it helped me get to a healthier weight w/o freaking out. I've been trying to up it, and have been hitting ~1700 for a bit now. My maintenance is probably around 1800, and would be looking at 2100+ ish to bulk, methinks?

Anyway, I guess my main wonderings are around what I need to do to see results. Bulking scares me a bit, and I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for it yet, but I am still considering. If I ate around my *true* maintenance for a while, would a recomp-type approach/newb gains be possible?

Thanks!
    Eating around maintenance can get you results, but they won't be near what you'd get with bulk/lean cycles. Recomping is easier on psyche.

Bulking is the best way for you to go. Not only to build needed lean mass but also to nudge your metabolism. It may not fully resolve any metabolism issues in one cycle. It may take a couple. But it can improve it. The biggest thing is to make sure your lifting routine is a good one for your level of experience. As for fat gains, it shouldn't be significant. If you gained another 10-15 pounds on a bulk but only needed to lose around 5-8 to get back to the same bf you are now while looking better would it be worth it to you?

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    I love bulking I need to grow some legs, and today my legs look more muscular and that makes me happy
    This is me today!! Finally after months of not being 100% I whipped my lower body in the gym last night. Damn I like this all pumped up look! Now to make the muscles grow so that pump isn't needed to make them look good

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    so so true...

... makes me rage...
    Just absurd. If she were here we'd all be telling her she has a decent base and should be bulking! And it's amusing that Piers took Angelina Jolie's bones popping out as an indication of overt muscularity not undereating...uh huh...

Charlotte - welcome! I think it takes some time to truly get your head around the idea of bulking and gaining. It's easy to say you'll do it but when those first few fat days hit I think it's instinctual to want to cut back and run for the hills. That's when you have to remind yourself to trust the process. Believe me, that is my mantra these days.

Lori - love the positivity! Interesting that you aren't having the crazy fluctuations you did last time around...

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

This is me today!! Finally after months of not being 100% I whipped my lower body in the gym last night. Damn I like this all pumped up look! Now to make the muscles grow so that pump isn't needed to make them look good
    Nice!! Glad you had a good workout!! I hear ya-lol! I don't have much yet, but love how I look when working out- wish that pump would stay all the time, lol.

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    I love bulking I need to grow some legs, and today my legs look more muscular and that makes me happy I've been eating a lot this time around! Anywhere from 2000-2300 on my rest days and ~2400-2500 on my workout days! Only working out 3 days a week and my weight is doing it's normal 1-2.5lb fluctuations, but nothing crazy like last year when I bulked. I am happy
    You are inspiring to me! I am definitely optimistic about this, lol. Gotta just get in the routing. Awesome about your legs! I see a Tiny change in mine as of yesterday, progress!!! But the inner quad is non existant, anything specific for that? My pencil legs need a lot of help.
    -- Nike

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Couldn't agree more - Barbara Walters was also spouting off about "too much muscle" at the Golden Globes. I don't particularly care for Elizabeth Hasselbeck but a friend told me Elizabeth said she'd take strong over skinny any day.

LMAO

Originally Posted by Walks90 View Post
    Before i started getting my macros right, i was eating ~70g carbs a day and lifting. My lifts still went up massively during that time with my deadlift from 20kg-95kg. I never felt lacking in energy because it was the amount of carbs that i was used to eating to be honest! I think as long as you're eating enough protein you can get away with lowish carbs. I increased them when my lifts started stalling though and now eating ~220g carbs a day
    Yes, I suppose this is all true and I'm thinking of how that would affect ME. I feel so much better with a little more carbs. And my friend I'm speaking of does not lift weights or really work out at all. She's lost a ton of weight on Dukan but I'm sure is still super skinny fat. But she's happy with herself and that's what matters.

Speaking of carbs, though, I'm definitely feeling the carb bloat. Scale is up 3 pounds from last Friday which I know is water due to extra carbs I've been eating. I've been up around 200g now that I've bumped cals up a little and I feel good. Had an awesome legs workout yesterday - my poor butt is screaming at me with every move I make. LOL But I ain't complaining - for the longest time, my butt rarely got sore so I hope this means I'm at least firing the muscle better than I was prior.

I think I'm gonna try N.O. Explode today if my schedule works out since it says to take it on an empty stomach. It will depend on when I've gotten in my protein shake today.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking of buying N.O explode...how does everybody rate it? There are a few supps i want to add. I've been thinking of adding an NO-booster, beta-alanine and CLA.

At the minute i take: Glucosamine, iron +b12, multivitamin, vitamin C, BCAA's, glutamine. I have tried creatine but i had a bad reaction with it.

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just absurd. If she were here we'd all be telling her she has a decent base and should be bulking! And it's amusing that Piers took Angelina Jolie's bones popping out as an indication of overt muscularity not undereating...uh huh...
    Maybe Im crazy, but I think she looks great. She has defined, not overly-huge, muscles and enough body fat to still look feminine. I'd be happy with her physique at her age.

Just read that article on Cameron Diaz...bulging biceps? Are they blind? Her arms look in great shape but they are anything but huge!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i feel like i might be killing any potential muscle gains b/c of the way i'm working out and focusing more on being so happy to lift again and it feeling so blissful and not giving ea body part adequate rest and recovery, esp b/c i don't feel like i physically need it as much since my workouts are less intense. i still am bulking and increasing cals and putting my everything into the gym but i feel like my fat:muscle ratio is gonna be a lot higher b/c i'm making it impossible to gain muscle. on the plus side, zero cardio.

Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    Maybe Im crazy, but I think she looks great. She has defined, not overly-huge, muscles and enough body fat to still look feminine. I'd be happy with her physique at her age.
    i haven't seen her in ages. sometimes would read the crappy gossip mags on the stepmill, but nowadays i need to be more engaged and read crappy fitness magazines. but the last time i saw her, she was vascular, but that's b/c she had no meat to her whatsoever. she wasn't muscular just had no bf.

the only celeb i ever thought had a noteworthy body, and i haven't seen her in forever either, was jada pickett smith. she had muscles, imho.

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    i feel like i might be killing any potential muscle gains b/c of the way i'm working out and focusing more on being so happy to lift again and it feeling so blissful and not giving ea body part adequate rest and recovery, esp b/c i don't feel like i physically need it as much since my workouts are less intense. i still am bulking and increasing cals and putting my everything into the gym but i feel like my fat:muscle ratio is gonna be a lot higher b/c i'm making it impossible to gain muscle. on the plus side, zero cardio.

i haven't seen her in ages. sometimes would read the crappy gossip mags on the stepmill, but nowadays i need to be more engaged and read crappy fitness magazines. but the last time i saw her, she was vascular, but that's b/c she had no meat to her whatsoever. she wasn't muscular just had no bf.

the only celeb i ever thought had a noteworthy body, and i haven't seen her in forever either, was jada pickett smith. she had muscles, imho.
    YEp, agree, Angeliina looks muscular by default- lol. No fat, so you see some little muscle. I think Jessica Biel has a pretty muscular physique, but haven't seen pics in a while.
    -- Nike

Bumping thread. Mods need to clean up aisle 3.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bumping thread. Mods need to clean up aisle 3.
    Did I miss all the good stuff...again???LOL!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Did I miss all the good stuff...again???LOL!
    Ms_Mac! I'm starting the Power/Muscle/Burn program that you did before in a few days! I'm excited, it looks so fun!

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Just posted in the PHAT thread that I'm probably going to do a deload week soon. Feeling pretty wrecked and want to keep on top of a few niggling pains and make sure they don't get worse.

So bulking cals on a rest/recovery week...assuming you keep them the same or would you lower a bit?

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just posted in the PHAT thread that I'm probably going to do a deload week soon. Feeling pretty wrecked and want to keep on top of a few niggling pains and make sure they don't get worse.

So bulking cals on a rest/recovery week...assuming you keep them the same or would you lower a bit?
    I've read differing opinions on this and I guess a lot of it depends. Are you deloading or taking the entire week off? If it's a deload, I would keep bulking cals. If a rest week, will you be doing active recovery type stuff or lying around watching novelas? If the latter, then I would do maintenance. If doing active recovery type stuff, I would keep bulking or at least above maintenance. It really is dependent on how you feel. Listen to what your body is telling you during the deload and/or rest week. You will know...I think.

Also, are you sure you need a deload week?

Here's an interesting read http://jcdfitness.com/2009/08/calori...and-deloading/

Page 149 of 330 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast