Page 146 of 330 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 9897
    freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    Yes! Not veggies on their own though. Example: If I eat 4 oz chicken with spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, eggplant, tomatoes topped with avocado then Im too full.
    If I eat 4oz of chicken with spinach and half of a sweet potato topped with avocado then Im not full, just satisfied. Is that odd??
    I like feeling hunger pangs because it makes it SO much easier to eat. I am learning to recognize them and respond, but obviously thats hard on a bulk when you have to eat more than youre hungry for. Sorry if this topic is turning ED related, i really just wanted to know how to handle veggie intake on a bulk! In the guys section, especially IIFYM guys, it seems like they completely go without veggies on a bulk...maybe some broccoli once in a while. Not good in my opinion. We still need our micros.

In other news...I got a bodymedia yesterday. ive only worn it one day, but its telling me I burn about 1800-1900 calories and this was a lifting day. Im currently eating 1600. Im going to see what it says after a few days and probably increase on sunday.
    You eat to meet your calorie requirements. Hungry or not, full or not. Forcefeed if you have to. When I had to up my cals after a year and a half of undereating due to food allergies it was extremely difficult just to get 1800 cals in. I literally had to eat past the gag reflex. BUT, after a month or two your body does adjust. After those first two months it became much, much easier. Certainly eat as many veggies as you want. The important thing is to get the cals in. No excuses.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    i am having an absolute blast in the gym. before i was really appreciative and happy to be back, but now it's even more than that. and i never thought i'd say that until my strength was back. i am doing things wrong by making my own prgms (hoping for noob gains) b/c i can't do a lot in the real prgms anyway, and while bulking is of course the main goal, i also want to keep having fun. i am doing fb right now, which i am loving. am used to push/pull/legs, which i liked too, but feel less 'overwhelmed' (wrong word but can't think of a better one) not having a full legs day. but that's not why i love it. i also did two exercises today that i hadn't done since pre-injuries - leg press and reverse grip lat pulldown. not even the tiniest bit of pain or the quietest crackle. woo to that. only negative is i'm doing them too often. not used to fb.
    Great to read you are enjoying yourself and able to do more. Sometimes it just doesn't suit one's circumstances to follow a set program, nothing wrong with that. You are progressing, having fun and feeling great. All good!
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    In other news...I got a bodymedia yesterday. ive only worn it one day, but its telling me I burn about 1800-1900 calories and this was a lifting day. Im currently eating 1600. Im going to see what it says after a few days and probably increase on sunday.
    I'm confused...you're technically bulking but eating under maintenance?

As for getting the cals in...drink them. You can make a protein shake that's 500 cals easily; couple scoops of pp, frozen yogurt or ice cream, milk...

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    I'm confused...you're technically bulking but eating under maintenance?

As for getting the cals in...drink them. You can make a protein shake that's 500 cals easily; couple scoops of pp, frozen yogurt or ice cream, milk...

Agree you're eating 1600 on a bulk...??
    Some cheese, pie, enjoy upping them.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139497073

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    okay, this is the last time i'll babble abt my workouts, but i created a new one and was nervous abt it. most of the stuff i hadn't done since pre-fractures, some just b/c i hadn't, and some b/c i wasn't ready and/or was too scared. so for numerous reasons, i didn't know how it would go, but it went swimmingly. so i am done experimenting and have everything set, which makes it even more fun for me. i am a planner by nature and this is perfect. when i switch routines i always get anxious beforehand. i like having things set. now i am 100% set. except in weight, i hope! hope to keep increasing. have for some things, not for others. but before i was more working out till boredom whereas now, for most, i'm working out to fatigue or failure, so yes, the weights are lower and that sucks, but i am doing more and for most things am lifting heavy for me for where i am right now. i finished my workout and was completely spent. i am totally wiped and am gonna sleep like a baby.

how many of you don't eat pwo? god bless you. i know the necessity of pwo nutrition is overrated and read some stuff by alan aragon but i don't know how people can not eat pwo. i also lamely still believe in the window (despite reading proof against it. from alan and words from el), but that's totally irrelevant b/c i just need food after.

i still don't think you should have gotten for, for several reasons, however, if it gets you to increase cals, good. why wait till sun?

Great to read you are enjoying yourself and able to do more. Sometimes it just doesn't suit one's circumstances to follow a set program, nothing wrong with that. You are progressing, having fun and feeling great. All good!
    thanks, toodle is your fat day over? was it just the one day, i hope?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat an hour or so before working out and again when I get home. No post workout? Yeesh, I'm hungry!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I eat an hour or so before working out and again when I get home. No post workout? Yeesh, I'm hungry!
    i know, right? and i'm not talking abt something little like the oh-so-common protein shake and a banana. fooood. this was the hardest i've been lifting and i made dinner early! increase going to pwo snack. it's already 500 cals and has protein, carbs, and fat, but def adding. am quite pleased w/ this.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also know pwo is a myth but I too find myself to be starving and feel completely depleted after my workouts and need and want something! I typically do a protein shake but it depends on what time I end up working out. Sometimes I have lunch or dinner depending on time.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    I also know pwo is a myth but I too find myself to be starving and feel completely depleted after my workouts and need and want something! I typically do a protein shake but it depends on what time I end up working out. Sometimes I have lunch or dinner depending on time.
    Pwo isn't a myth, it's just not as important as what you eat throughout the day.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i know, right? and i'm not talking abt something little like the oh-so-common protein shake and a banana. fooood. this was the hardest i've been lifting and i made dinner early! increase going to pwo snack. it's already 500 cals and has protein, carbs, and fat, but def adding. am quite pleased w/ this.
    That's awesome. I'm so glad you are doing better, getting great workouts in and adding cals.

I can't wait till I can join you ladies back on the bulking wagon. Seventeen more days. Not that I'm counting or anything.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    okay, this is the last time i'll babble abt my workouts, but i created a new one and was nervous abt it. most of the stuff i hadn't done since pre-fractures, some just b/c i hadn't, and some b/c i wasn't ready and/or was too scared. so for numerous reasons, i didn't know how it would go, but it went swimmingly. so i am done experimenting and have everything set, which makes it even more fun for me. i am a planner by nature and this is perfect. when i switch routines i always get anxious beforehand. i like having things set. now i am 100% set. except in weight, i hope! hope to keep increasing. have for some things, not for others. but before i was more working out till boredom whereas now, for most, i'm working out to fatigue or failure, so yes, the weights are lower and that sucks, but i am doing more and for most things am lifting heavy for me for where i am right now. i finished my workout and was completely spent. i am totally wiped and am gonna sleep like a baby.

how many of you don't eat pwo? god bless you. i know the necessity of pwo nutrition is overrated and read some stuff by alan aragon but i don't know how people can not eat pwo. i also lamely still believe in the window (despite reading proof against it. from alan and words from el), but that's totally irrelevant b/c i just need food after.
    Yay!!! So good to hear things are looking up for you. It's great to hear you sounding positive and excited about your training!!!

On the pwo issue... my workout often ends around 11:00 so rather than drink a protein shake I just eat a real meal around 11:30ish... usually chicken breast and sweet potato. My diet is very boring and repetitive but I'm ok with that. It's keeps things in perspective for me. Food is fuel... and while I do enjoy the occasional indulgence... I eat to live not live to eat!

stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    That's awesome. I'm so glad you are doing better, getting great workouts in and adding cals.

I can't wait till I can join you ladies back on the bulking wagon. Seventeen more days. Not that I'm counting or anything.
    I'm so glad you stick around this thread whether bulking or cutting...

I'm bummed I haven't been able to bulk this winter. Too many food issues. I'm losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over again. Maybe by next fall I will have come up with a solution. I really miss how awesome workouts can be.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm bummed I haven't been able to bulk this winter. Too many food issues. I'm losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over again. Maybe by next fall I will have come up with a solution. I really miss how awesome workouts can be.
    Funny you should post this. At times I think about people on the forum and was wondering what you were up to. Was going to ask . You really are a trooper about dealing with your food issues. I can't even imagine...

So, I posted the other day that I am pretty much eating at maintenance because I feel too fluffy to start bulking again, but just don't want to diet hard enough to get a bit of it off, plus I kinda really don't mind it = zero motivation.

I am still progressing in the gym, excited about working out, hitting it hard, happy with self, cardio is zilch, but I often wonder if I am making any muscle gains in this state of limbo.

Any feedback?

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    Funny you should post this. At times I think about people on the forum and was wondering what you were up to. Was going to ask . You really are a trooper about dealing with your food issues. I can't even imagine...

So, I posted the other day that I am pretty much eating at maintenance because I feel too fluffy to start bulking again, but just don't want to diet hard enough to get a bit of it off, plus I kinda really don't mind it = zero motivation.

I am still progressing in the gym, excited about working out, hitting it hard, happy with self, cardio is zilch, but I often wonder if I am making any muscle gains in this state of limbo.

Any feedback?
    Sounds like a recomp in progress to me ... if you are ok where you are with weight/calories and you are making progress in the gym... just keep doing what you are doing. You should still make gains they just may not come as quickly as if you were eating at a surplus is all.

There's no Dana only Zuul ThePeach's Avatar
    ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1st time bulker reporting for a second time in this thread:

I was sitting at 52kg in beginning November and currently on 55kg. Some days I really lack the strength though and really want to do this properly.
    Haven't been counting calories for a while now, will start logging again as from today. I try eat relatively clean. But because my journey (since late 2009) saw me lose 10kg first I think I'm holding back a little when it comes to eating loads. I know it is a requirement to feed the muscles. So pushing forward.

For those of you that use it, just out of interest, to gain more power throughout your workout do you just eat more or do you also add creatine to the mix?
    ✩ Alis Volat Propriis ✩ Always the Padawan, Never the Jedi ✩
    Genetics give you an edge, hard work gives you the results - ctgblue

******official misc photography crew ****** ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    "I get up, take the kids to school and do the Hoovering... then I become a rock star" - Dave Grohl

thanks so much. haha, i'd probably be counting too. why 17 days, out of curiosity? i'm always curious how people pick their start and end dates for cutting and bulking.

Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    Yay!!! So good to hear things are looking up for you. It's great to hear you sounding positive and excited about your training!!!

On the pwo issue... my workout often ends around 11:00 so rather than drink a protein shake I just eat a real meal around 11:30ish... usually chicken breast and sweet potato. My diet is very boring and repetitive but I'm ok with that. It's keeps things in perspective for me. Food is fuel... and while I do enjoy the occasional indulgence... I eat to live not live to eat!
    amen to that.

my pwo snack has changed and is my baked oats. it has wheat bran, fruit, nuts, greens, pumpkin, flaxseeds, etc. that's what i'm gonna add to. gonna add ricotta cheese. mon i end later so my pwo snack is my dinner. back in the day i used to haver a protein shake and a homemade pumpkin berry muffin. don't know how i used to do that. need much more.

i read in the nutrition section that you might start IF. how will that affect what you eat pwo?

Any feedback?
    Sounds like a recomp in progress to me ... if you are ok where you are with weight/calories and you are making progress in the gym... just keep doing what you are doing. You should still make gains they just may not come as quickly as if you were eating at a surplus is all.
    i agree w/ this. have you taken measurements or pictures at all? if you're not ready to continue bulking, then you're not ready, and that's fine. sounds like a recomp and definitely not like you're doing anything "wrong," so just slower process/results, but you said you're making gains in the gym, and that's great and what matters, right? and more so that you're happy w/ what you're doing. so just keep it up.

Originally Posted by ThePeach View Post
    For those of you that use it, just out of interest, to gain more power throughout your workout do you just eat more or do you also add creatine to the mix?
    i do take creatine, but i think the increase in food is what's most impt. supps aren't necessary and plenty of people "power through" their workouts w/o creatine or anything else. if you're interested in it, do some research. lots of info out there. but first make sure you're eating at a good surplus. have you figured out your cals and macro's? that's what'll make the difference.

Any feedback?
    You can definitely do some recomping at maintenance. You're not spinning your wheels at all! Mental breaks are good

I was sitting at 52kg in beginning November and currently on 55kg. Some days I really lack the strength though and really want to do this properly.
    Haven't been counting calories for a while now, will start logging again as from today. I try eat relatively clean. But because my journey (since late 2009) saw me lose 10kg first I think I'm holding back a little when it comes to eating loads. I know it is a requirement to feed the muscles. So pushing forward.

I do creatine, beta alanine, bcaas, and glutamine. For me they make a difference.

Definitely do a sanity check on cals. You should see scale gains over time.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Any feedback?
    That's what I was doing before I decided to bulk. I was eating at maintenance for a while and lifting, making progress, and I noticed I was tightening up a bit which was cool, but realized I didn't have a whole lot of leg muscle. Even at low weights I have no shape to them. And all I ever wanted in life was shapely legs! So bulking it is!

And I'm loving it! Noticing changes already and it hasn't even been a full week yet lol! Sweet! I ate 2500 calories yesterday!

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I tak a pre-workout that has creatine in it. But I take those whether I'm dieting or bulking

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you all for the feedback. Pretty much what I thought. I'd eventually like to revisit bulking when I am a bit leaner. I am at the top range of body fat that I find acceptable, but any more and I wouldn't be happy. So, to truly be successful at another bulk, I'd have to lose a bit, not much though. Where oh where is my motivation ?

First of all, it's great to read that you're progressing and happy . Truly awesome.

Regarding PWO, I have such a huge appetite, most of it presenting in the evening, that I am still sort of IF'ing, eating my first meal at noon or 12:30. I work out at 8:00 AM. I do best working out 'empty'. Yes, I get a bit hungry afterwards, but I brew some coffee, and I am incredibly busy in the AM's, so don't really think or have time for food, and I like huge meals. This makes it possible for me to stick to maintenance, saving my cals for evening. I am a big eater!

I do take creatine. I just finished off a tub of Jackd3, but I quickly develop a tolerance for stims, not buying it again. By the time I had used half the tub, I felt nada. Honestly, I wish I could find something that would give me energy and focus that would actually work. I used to be against stims, but in moderation, they're ok.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm so glad you stick around this thread whether bulking or cutting...
    Can't get rid of me that easily This thread feels like "home".

That sux. I really take for granted my ability to pretty much eat anything I want until I hear people with serious allergy and gastro issues talk and I realize how lucky I am.

I take creatine. I'm not positive it does anything for me regarding strength or endurance but it does give me a little fuller look to my muscles that I enjoy.

thanks so much. haha, i'd probably be counting too. why 17 days, out of curiosity? i'm always curious how people pick their start and end dates for cutting and bulking.
    That will be four weeks. Whatever weight I'm at at the end of the 4 weeks, that's where the bulk starts, I don't care
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JennLifts View Post
    Agree you're eating 1600 on a bulk...??
    Some cheese, pie, enjoy upping them.
    I had been gaining on 1600 but today I weighed and stayed the same. SO, im going to upp my calories by 200. Normally i only do 100 cal increments, but since the bodymedia is telling me i burn at least 1800, ill jump to that and go from there.

how many of you don't eat pwo?
    Im glad to hear this is a myth. If I eat right before i work out, there is no way I am hungry right after. Ill eat after if i havent eaten before and Im hungry. I hate meal timing and the idea that certain things need to be eaten at certain times.

i read in the nutrition section that you might start IF. how will that affect what you eat pwo?
    Well, I guess if I could do just coffee, bcaa's and a pre-workout supplement (Jacked3d for now) before I train then by time I'm done it will be almost time for lunch anyways so I'll just eat lunch then. As long as I start the fast around 9:30pm then it should be ok to eat around 11:30 or 12. My biggest concern is losing strength and motivation during my workouts without eating a breakfast. I'm thinking the Jacked3d should help out some because it always gives me a pump and it actually kills my appetite. I quit taking it while bulking because it was hard to get my calories in while on it. I am aware, however, that I will eventually build up tolerance to it so I'll have to figure out what to do once that happens. A guy at the gym recommended Muscle Pharm Assault so I might try that after. I have been training without any stims for the majority of this bulk but I know once I start to cut I'm going to need something to keep me going...

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey, guys! Regarding creatine, do you recommend taking it for a bulk or is it just an individual choice sort of thing? Will it make a differnce? I admittedly don't know much about it.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Re creatine: I started it about a month ago. I mix it with bcaas and as most of my workouts are fasted I take this mix before/mid/after workout. As I started it at the same time as bulking I'm not sure how much full/puffiness I can attribute to it, to extra carbs/cals/christmas or what...but at first I definitely felt the bloat people speak of & the fullness of muscle. My workouts continue to kick ass, my recovery is decent so I dunno...I'm continuing on with it.

Not sure if I'll take creatine when I cut in the spring but I would like to try Jack3d...seems to be some controversy over whether or not you can get this in Canada? Think I'll be going to the US in March though so will try to pick some up there.

Re PWO & IF...Like TPW I generally just have coffee and my bcaa/creatine mix after. I have found the odd day I need to eat after a fasted workout, but most others I'm ok waiting.

Drea - looking forward to you jumping back on the bulking train!

So I did my first spinning class in about a month today...felt great. It followed my upper power PHAT workout. Tomorrow is lower power day and I may get a chance to do my first x-country skiing of the winter! My legs will be dead on Monday. My cals have been pretty high this week so I'm sure this will all balance out...

Not sure if I'll take creatine when I cut in the spring but I would like to try Jack3d...seems to be some controversy over whether or not you can get this in Canada? Think I'll be going to the US in March though so will try to pick some up there.
    You can buy it in Canada, but they exclude the ingredient "Dimethylaminoethanol" (wow, that's a mouthful...I had to stare at the word to spell it) which is the stuff that gives it it's kick. Same thing with Superpump Max- I can buy that here, locally, but it's the watered down version that BB.com doesn't seem to carry since they won't ship it to Canada. Booooo.

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Hey, guys! Regarding creatine, do you recommend taking it for a bulk or is it just an individual choice sort of thing? Will it make a differnce? I admittedly don't know much about it.
    I'm not sure how much it does for me in the gym because I also take it with BCAAs, but I just started using it about a week ago and I feel like my recovery time has greatly improved. My DOMS definitely goes away much quicker. I'm taking the kre-alkyline (not sure if I spelled it right!) because that's what my boyfriend has and I'm just stealing some of his But it's supposed to be a good form of creatine so I can't speak to how the other forms work, if there's much of a difference anyways.

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hello!
    Joining the bulking train! feels weird to say that, lol! I can really relate to some of the recent discussion about when to bulk. I am really 'skinny fat' on the bottom, and lean on top. Probably 28+%BF on the bottom and less than 20 on the top. Crazy! I am 125ish lbs at 5'8", but a size 6-8 so not tiny. So I was eating about 1650, then 1800 and losing slowly, but not making any gains. Posted pics in my journal(since removed the pics) ( http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=140570281 )and the general consensus was that I should bulk and it would make me happier all the way around. My long term goal is definitely to build muscle, but wasn't sure if I should lose the fat first. I have NO muscle on the bottom, and saddlebags/cellulite (much more than any pics here!) so a little freaked out about what is gonna happen, but am working so hard in the gym and want to make gains. So here I am!!
    I am really excited about potential progress. Read back a little ways, great stuff here!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    You can buy it in Canada, but they exclude the ingredient "Dimethylaminoethanol" (wow, that's a mouthful...I had to stare at the word to spell it) which is the stuff that gives it it's kick. Same thing with Superpump Max- I can buy that here, locally, but it's the watered down version that BB.com doesn't seem to carry since they won't ship it to Canada. Booooo.
    ahhh bugger...maybe I'll pick some of the real stuff up there and see if I can bring it through...otherwise what's the point of taking it?

-H-: welcome! this whole thread is worth reading...and re-reading...especially when you get a little freaked about eating. Some wicked examples of women who have stuck the course and got great results - inspiring stuff.

Page 146 of 330 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast