Page 13 of 330 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So how about we all post what we eat tomorrow. Just to compare. And give us something to talk about, lol.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brittdesi08 View Post
    So how about we all post what we eat tomorrow. Just to compare. And give us something to talk about, lol.
    How about now?

I've been running about 2150 cals M-F (workout days) and maintenance plus on Sat/Sun. Since I'm now on a 4 day split I may take it back a bit. Gaining 7 pounds in 11 weeks probably isn't sustainable for the next 3.5 months. I think muscle gains are flattening out a bit.

Diet is pretty fixed due to my food allergies.

Meal 1: 3/4c oatmeal with soy milk, water, sugar
    Meal 2: 4oz chicken, squash, 1/4 ex large sweet potato
    Snack: pumpkin muffin (made with coconut flour)
    Meal 3: Same as 2
    Meal 4: 6+ oz chicken, squash, 1/4 ex large sweet potato
    Snack: pumpkin muffin or black bean chocolate cupcake or apple cake
    Always have a few squares of dark chocolate.

Sometimes I will have steak, salmon, asparagus, black beans, and homemade apple sauce. Veggies are grilled with evoo.

Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    How about now?

I've been running about 2150 cals M-F (workout days) and maintenance plus on Sat/Sun. Since I'm now on a 4 day split I may take it back a bit. Gaining 7 pounds in 11 weeks probably isn't sustainable for the next 3.5 months. I think muscle gains are flattening out a bit.

Diet is pretty fixed due to my food allergies.

Meal 1: 3/4c oatmeal with soy milk, water, sugar
    Meal 2: 4oz chicken, squash, 1/4 ex large sweet potato
    Snack: pumpkin muffin (made with coconut flour)
    Meal 3: Same as 2
    Meal 4: 6+ oz chicken, squash, 1/4 ex large sweet potato
    Snack: pumpkin muffin or black bean chocolate cupcake or apple cake
    Always have a few squares of dark chocolate.

Sometimes I will have steak, salmon, asparagus, black beans, and homemade apple sauce. Veggies are grilled with evoo.

Your muffins and cakes are screaming at me! I love pumpkin, i eat it every night.

Ok, I lift 5 days a week and do 30 minutes of moderate cardio 2x a week. Here's what i'm eating!

Meal 1
    1/2 cup oats
    2 egg whites
    1/2 banana
    2 Tbsp Whey
    1 Tbsp sliced almonds

Meal 2
    6oz Greek Yogurt(plain)
    1/2 grapefruit
    Tbsp Whey
    Tbsp almonds
    Splenda

Meal 3
    4 oz chicken
    4 oz sweet potato
    1 cup broccoli
    1 tsp olive oil

Meal 4
    4 oz chicken
    Spinach leaves
    Shredded carrots
    1 Tbsp sliced almonds
    2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinagerette

Meal 5
    1 Scoop Whey
    1 cup Soy milk
    Tbsp Cocoa Powder
    Guar/Xanthum gum..lol
    Stevia extract

Meal 6(probably my favorite!)
    3/4 cups cottage cheese
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    1 Tbsp Peanut butter
    1 Tbsp sliced almonds
    Cinniman and splenda!

(I warm up the pumpkin and cinnamon and top it on the cottage cheese and pb!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okie dokies! I wore my Gowear fit for one whole day which was yesterday. I burned 2234 calories! Which isn't as high as a lot of other peoples, but I was actually pretty surprised by that because I am pretty sedentary and doing online courses for college at home. I wore it when I got it on a rest day, but only had it on for a half day and it filled in the time I wasn't wearing it based on my average burn and I burned 2000 cals. So that means I'd have a maintenance of around 2100 and I for bulking I get to eat around 2300

I'm starting to understand why I had such a hard time losing weight earlier this year. If my Gowear fit is right, I haven't even eaten at maintenace in about 5 years...Except for two times I tried bulking in the past year before but only ate at that level for a few weeks before I backed down. Not anymore
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Okie dokies! I wore my Gowear fit for one whole day which was yesterday. I burned 2234 calories! Which isn't as high as a lot of other peoples, but I was actually pretty surprised by that because I am pretty sedentary and doing online courses for college at home. I wore it when I got it on a rest day, but only had it on for a half day and it filled in the time I wasn't wearing it based on my average burn and I burned 2000 cals. So that means I'd have a maintenance of around 2100 and I for bulking I get to eat around 2300

I'm starting to understand why I had such a hard time losing weight earlier this year. If my Gowear fit is right, I haven't even eaten at maintenace in about 5 years...Except for two times I tried bulking in the past year before but only ate at that level for a few weeks before I backed down. Not anymore
    How long have you had the gowear? and how do you like it? I'm always skeptical of the accuracy of Heart rate monitors and such. And what does the gowear do?

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long have you had the gowear? and how do you like it? I'm always skeptical of the accuracy of Heart rate monitors and such. And what does the gowear do?
    I'm not gobbles, but I've had mine since August and I don't know what I would do without it! It is very accurate for me, and useful as my activity changes day to day, and even over the course of weeks/months my average burn rate can go up or down, enough that I would need to adjust cals to stay in the surplus I'm aiming for. I plug it in at the end of each day to see around how much I've burned/how much more I need to eat to make my goals, and it is also very valuable to track my history over time compared to my intake.

Conversely, some people feel that they only need it for a week or so to get an idea of what they really burn, but I'm a gadget whore and still haven't gotten enough of the fun gizmo.

The GoWear is not a heart rate monitor (I wear one of those too, when I do HIIT or swim as you can't swim with a GoWear), and is much more accurate, especially in regards to non-exercise activity. There are numerous threads on the GoWear, some have the charts posted where you can see the kind of info you get with the program, like here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post555629873

digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll play

Meal 1:
    Protein shake (almond milk, pausterized egg whites, 1 scoop whey)

Meal 2:
    1% fat cottage cheese
    1 oz of cinnamon roasted almonds

Meal 3:
    4 oz sirloin roasted tip
    1 box of green giant's steamer's vegetable medley
    1 pack of wholly guacamole
    1 small piece of dark chocolate

Meal 4:
    1 medium fuji apple with 1 Tbs of Peanut Butter (white chocolate wonderful)
    1 banana
    1 piece of homemade pumpkin bread

Meal 5:
    2 large tuna croquettes
    2 cups of stir fry vegetables
    1 small sweet potato

Meal 6:
    1 cup of cottage cheese

This is roughly about 2200-2300 calories... Sometimes I'll throw a little ice cream here and there though... depending on how I'm feeling and if I dont pass out before I can even allow my munchies to creep in
    "The Way Out Is Through"

Digital Bath Explained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmPBuSpmfA

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Not tracking anymore, and had to throw this together quickly, so not exactly my norm:

Breakfast: 30g oatmeal, about 15 raisins, cinnamon/1 egg + about 1/2 cup egg whites

snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, about 20 frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean

lunch: 2 cups mixed lettuces/spinach, 1 radish, 1/2 carrot, 1/4 cucumber, 5 snap peas, 3.5 oz chicken breast. 1T Annies balsamic vinagrette dressing.

snacks for the rest of the workday: light string cheese, whey protein shake with 4oz FF milk and 4oz water, 1oz wasabi almonds.

Dinner: who knows because I am having a Pampered Chef party tonight. Maybe a mini-pizza like the kids are having. 1 ww english muffin, 2T bbq sauce, 2 oz chicken breast, 2 oz 2% mozzarella cheese.

snacks: lots of misc snacks at my party tonight. We are having carrot cake cups, Greek yogurt hummus w/pita and bagel chips, tortilla chips + guac, Cheese crisps w/guac, honey-cardamom mixed nuts.
    Last edited by squeaks77; 11-17-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On the move today, so a bit of a wierd mixture of stuff...

Breakfast: Quark w/ banana, PB, sweetener & cinnamon, an apple, some cold turkey, coffee w/milk

Lunch: Cold chicken, two bags of chocolate drizzled popcorn, a chocolate trifle type thing

Dinner: Turkey scrambled eggs w/salad, rhubarb & custard, yoghurt, dark chocolate
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    today looks like this:

breakfast: protein pancakes with maple syrup

PWO: vanilla protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and frozen peaches(that I froze this summer-SO yummy!)
    and shredded wheat with almond milk and honey

lunch: grilled smoked turkey and cheese on ezekial bread(with small amount of olive oil mayo)

afternoon snacks(to be determined but more than likely): apples and peanut butter

dinner: meatloaf(made with lean turkey and beef), mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage, peas
    and *most* importantly....pumpkin butterscotch chip cookies
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by leigh92 View Post
    Thanks to you guys who commented on my pics, but I set my calories to my supposed maintenance again. I was just looking at old pictures, and seeing how ridiculously thin I was was very triggering since part of me still wants that emaciated look (even though I thought I was fat at the time). I feel a bit like a failure for gaining so much weight after working so hard to lose it. I really want to lose weight but I think I can hold off until I get back to my senses again (and possibly bulk again since this has happened a couple times during this bulk)

Sorry for the whining, I know it's probably annoying!
    In all honesty I think you look awesome right now....and I am SO envious of your "X"(sporty hourglass ) figure! Please consider at least eating some above maintenance, PLEASE!!!! YOU *need* it!
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ooohh!

Breakie-
    Mini Wheats with protein powder in
    almond milk and frozen blueberries

Mid-morning-
    Coffee with french vanilla cream (mmmm!)
    1/4 banana sliced with Skippy peanut butter
    on top

Lunch-
    Sandwich!
    2 slices of whole wheat/flax bread
    3 slices of turkey breast
    1 whole, fried egg
    honey mustard
    1 mozzerella cheese slice
    lettuce, tomato

Mid-day Snack-
    Cliff bar
    apple
    1 can of sardines

Supper will be a chicken wrap-
    3 oz of chicken fried in coconut oil
    with green pepper, onions, garlic and
    mushrooms, salt and pepper

Thrown in a:
    tomato & basil whole wheat and flax
    tortilla with cheddar cheese, ranch dressing,
    tomato and lettuce (mmm!)

Before bed-
    Cottage cheese, yoggurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate
    protein powder, peanut butter granola, cocoa,
    and peanut butter and stevia all mashed around
    in a mug and eaten with a spoon (mmm!)
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    ooohh!

Breakie-
    Mini Wheats with protein powder in
    almond milk and frozen blueberries

Mid-morning-
    Coffee with french vanilla cream (mmmm!)
    1/4 banana sliced with Skippy peanut butter
    on top

Lunch-
    Sandwich!
    2 slices of whole wheat/flax bread
    3 slices of turkey breast
    1 whole, fried egg
    honey mustard
    1 mozzerella cheese slice
    lettuce, tomato

Mid-day Snack-
    Cliff bar
    apple
    1 can of sardines

Supper will be a chicken wrap-
    3 oz of chicken fried in coconut oil
    with green pepper, onions, garlic and
    mushrooms, salt and pepper

Thrown in a:
    tomato & basil whole wheat and flax
    tortilla with cheddar cheese, ranch dressing,
    tomato and lettuce (mmm!)

Before bed-
    Cottage cheese, yoggurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate
    protein powder, peanut butter granola, cocoa,
    and peanut butter and stevia all mashed around
    in a mug and eaten with a spoon (mmm!)

I'm definitley gonna have to try a few of these!

Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    today looks like this:

breakfast: protein pancakes with maple syrup

PWO: vanilla protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and frozen peaches(that I froze this summer-SO yummy!)
    and shredded wheat with almond milk and honey

lunch: grilled smoked turkey and cheese on ezekial bread(with small amount of olive oil mayo)

afternoon snacks(to be determined but more than likely): apples and peanut butter

dinner: meatloaf(made with lean turkey and beef), mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage, peas
    and *most* importantly....pumpkin butterscotch chip cookies
    So you should share this pumpkin butterscotch chip cookies recipe with me

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So can I play too? This is not my 1st attempt at bulking. I have tried numerous times but always seem to "panic" when the stupid scale gets to a certain point and then I find excuses to cu - went to the Olympia last year so had to look "like I belonged", went on vacation to Mexico this past April so I "had to look good in a bikini". I just got done contest prepping for a bb comp this past weekend. Now its time to once again attempt to bulk. I am doing the OBF Bulking Challenge in the hopes that will keep me motivated to keep on going. I have been following this journal and you girls are a big motivator for me.....hoping you will all keep me on the straight and narrow. Anyway here is my bulking plan:

I started my new workout plan Monday and will be eating at maintenance for this week, which is about 2000 cals. I will add 30 grams of carbs each week until I reach 2500 cals and will hold there until I have reached a plateau and will re assess then. I will still be doing cardio as well. Throughout contest prep I was doing 6 40 min sessions. This week I will do 6 35 min sessions, next week 6 30 min sessions and the following week will do 5 30 min sessions. I'll hold at 5 30 min sessions as long as I keep gaining. Again will re assess if necessary.

The workout program I am following can be found here:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...out-split.html

I think this is a good solid plan but if anyone has any suggestions or comments, fire away.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here is what I ate today:

Meal 1
    1 c egg whites
    20 grams pb

Meal 2
    175 grams ff greek yogurt
    20 grams almonds

Meal 3
    Vitatop muffin
    1 Laughing Cow wedge
    30 grams IsoFlex PP - orange burst

Meal 4
    2 slices homemade ham'pineapple pizza

Meal 5
    40 grams oats
    1 c egg whites
    20 grams ab
    1 35 cal ff yogurt

Meal 6
    30 grams Organic Daybreak cereal
    1 scoop Myofusion pp
    125 grams ff greek yogurt
    100 grams blueberries
    20 grams pb

Total macros:
    cals = 1946
    fat = 57 grams
    carbs = 169 grams
    pro = 199 grams

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    So can I play too? This is not my 1st attempt at bulking. I have tried numerous times but always seem to "panic" when the stupid scale gets to a certain point and then I find excuses to cu - went to the Olympia last year so had to look "like I belonged", went on vacation to Mexico this past April so I "had to look good in a bikini". I just got done contest prepping for a bb comp this past weekend. Now its time to once again attempt to bulk. I am doing the OBF Bulking Challenge in the hopes that will keep me motivated to keep on going. I have been following this journal and you girls are a big motivator for me.....hoping you will all keep me on the straight and narrow. Anyway here is my bulking plan:

I started my new workout plan Monday and will be eating at maintenance for this week, which is about 2000 cals. I will add 30 grams of carbs each week until I reach 2500 cals and will hold there until I have reached a plateau and will re assess then. I will still be doing cardio as well. Throughout contest prep I was doing 6 40 min sessions. This week I will do 6 35 min sessions, next week 6 30 min sessions and the following week will do 5 30 min sessions. I'll hold at 5 30 min sessions as long as I keep gaining. Again will re assess if necessary.

The workout program I am following can be found here:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...out-split.html

I think this is a good solid plan but if anyone has any suggestions or comments, fire away.
    I like your plan except the cardio. Why oh why do you feel the need to do so much cardio?? Be brave and drop it entirely. It'll be so much easier to balance lifting and diet with just two factors, your muscles will get needed rest and recovery time, and cardio will be more effective if you save it for later on in the leaning out process.

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So day 2 of increased calories for me.. and the weirdest thing is I'm extra hungry! Either that or I'm just enjoying the concept of being able to eat more

Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    So day 2 of increased calories for me.. and the weirdest thing is I'm extra hungry! Either that or I'm just enjoying the concept of being able to eat more
    Could be your metabolism firing up!

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    Could be your metabolism firing up!
    Just so you know, increased hunger is not a signal of your metabolism firing up.

Hunger is caused by a lot of things, but metabolism increase is hardly ever one of them.
    ^_^

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I like your plan except the cardio. Why oh why do you feel the need to do so much cardio?? Be brave and drop it entirely. It'll be so much easier to balance lifting and diet with just two factors, your muscles will get needed rest and recovery time, and cardio will be more effective if you save it for later on in the leaning out process.
    I really think cardio is a necessity for heart health and endurance. Plus I really like it. And it will give me a reason to eat more. I may drop to 3 or 4 days a week down the road, but I just can't justify giving it up altogether. How do you all feel about cardio?

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How do you all feel about cardio?

Only if somebody is chasing me. LOL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Just so you know, increased hunger is not a signal of your metabolism firing up.

Hunger is caused by a lot of things, but metabolism increase is hardly ever one of them.
    I know

digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do you all feel about cardio?
    people tend to do more than they need...

I used to be one of them. I'm glad I cut it wayyyyy back. That's when I saw real changes in my body...
    "The Way Out Is Through"

Originally Posted by digitalbath11 View Post
    people tend to do more than they need...

I used to be one of them. I'm glad I cut it wayyyyy back. That's when I saw real changes in my body...
    You cut back but haven't cut it out completely....so how much do you do?

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really think cardio is a necessity for heart health and endurance. Plus I really like it. And it will give me a reason to eat more. I may drop to 3 or 4 days a week down the road, but I just can't justify giving it up altogether. How do you all feel about cardio?
    I like cardio! I think it's great for circulation, nutrient partitioning, lung and heart health, etc. You don't have to over-kill it and turn into a cardio bunny, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

If you like it, go for it. Just be sure to eat more to compensate for the calories being burned.

I used to be totally anti-cardio myself, but I still do it because of the health benefits. I just choose not to do steady-state because it bores the hell out of me.
    ^_^

You cut back but haven't cut it out completely....so how much do you do?
    I used to do steady-state 4-5x per week about 30-45 mins total...

Before I started my bulk (5-6 weeks now) I was doing 2x per week, HIIT, 15 minutes..

Because I'm bulking, right now, I do it about once a week, HIIT, 10 minutes... mainly just to keep my speed and heart health. When I decide to cut again, I plan to do 3x HIIT, 15 minutes max...
    "The Way Out Is Through"

NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I stopped doing extra cardio when I started NROLFW

HONESTLY, now that I'm lifting SO much heavier than I used to, my HR gets up so high that it kind of IS cardio!

I don't miss it

NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    P.S. I also started a slow bulk, about 200-300 over maintenance. Haven't posted here YET but have been lurking. This thread is SO inspiring and really is keeping me motivated to stay off the scale and worry more about how heavy I lift in the gym! THANKS everyone

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Regarding cardio, I do one day a week of HIIT (15 min) for heart health and stuff. Otherwise, my cardio is fun/lifestyle stuff (horseback riding, walks with kids, walking on campus, errands, etc). And I do my HITT in the "movie room" at the gym, makes me sometimes want to do it longer to see the rest of the movie, LOL.

Page 13 of 330 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast