Thread: Energy Drinks

wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Energy Drinks

I've noticed a few off topic comments in other threads about energy drinks and they they're really not good. Can I ask for those in the know, what really is the issue with them. At the moment I do have an energy drink sometimes to pick me up pre-workout - is this really a bad idea?

samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's just caffeine.

If you're drinking 10 of them a day then I'd probably be a little concerned, but a pre-workout energy drink is similar to a big cup of coffee. I guess the sugar in them would be a little bit detrimental to your caloric intake goals, especially if you're on a cut, but even then drinking one is still not the end of the world.

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    blue monsters = yeahhhhhh

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Carb Free Rockstar & Sugar Free Red Bull, love them.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) what_is_defeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Monster now makes a drink called absolutely zero. It has zero cals, zero sugar, and 1g of carb per serving. (serving size of 2) But it tastes like the lo-carb version just not as sweet. I love the taste and drink one before the gym a lot.

samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samcanadian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by what_is_defeat View Post
    Monster now makes a drink called absolutely zero. It has zero cals, zero sugar, and 1g of carb per serving. (serving size of 2) But it tastes like the lo-carb version just not as sweet. I love the taste and drink one before the gym a lot.
    will keep my eye open for this!

that which has emerged Alan David's Avatar
    Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wildy5 View Post
    I've noticed a few off topic comments in other threads about energy drinks and they they're really not good. Can I ask for those in the know, what really is the issue with them. At the moment I do have an energy drink sometimes to pick me up pre-workout - is this really a bad idea?
    Like anything else, no reason they can't be used in moderation.
    ( As long as you aren't trying to use them as a replacement for a healthy
    amount of sleep )
    "The two kinds of people, on earth I mean, are the people who lift and the people who lean."

kewlphatdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Razor Beast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nothing wrong with them in moderation its just many are spiked with tons of sugar and caffeine. Will make you crash later

feelin like im lookin ;) MrMetabolism's Avatar
    MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you need an energy drink to get through your workout your diet or sleep is not what it needs to be

PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeanutBuddha has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^Dude, that link is awesome. Do you know if it accounts for the other ingredients/variables or if it is simply concerning the amount of caffeine in each can?

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Making me really want a monster now...might need to go work on that
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083