I've never really kept a journal online but I'll give it my shot and hope that you can be of assistance to me.
I had been thinking about my future in terms of my passion for a long time until I finally figured out what I'd like to dedicate myself to and that is fitness. I want to become a personal fitness trainer and help a lot of people achieve their fitness goals and build my dream physique as well, which I believe is about 80-85 kilograms (176-187lbs) and something around 6-7%.
I've been working out for a few years but not in a row. I implemented different cycles (not on purpose) of training, where I would do weight lifting for half a year and then play soccer for a team for a year or so. I've finally decided that I'm going to lift weights for ever and I've been doing this for a year without one single full week off!
Obviously this halted my progress so I lifted much lighter weights for two weeks before this cycle I'm about to begin (actually started today).
I absolutely love all around great condition - physique, agility, flexibility, jumping ability, endurance, strength. All of that. Obviously physique and strength are probably the most important but others are not too far away on my list.
I'm 72.5kg (159.5lbs) and about 9.8% right now. In 3 months I expect to be about 3kg (6.6lbs) or a little less heavier. I don't like to bulk up very aggressively because I like being lean and even a bit of fat makes it less enjoyable for me. So I like to take it slow and well.
My lifting records right now (presumably):
All are for 10 repetitions.
1) DB Incline Bench Press - 20s kg (44lbs)
2) Cable Row - 50kg ( +110lbs)
3) DB Shoulder Press - 15s kg (33lbs)
4) Pull-up 117 (I can do around 5 repetitions without assistance)
5) BB Close-grip Bench Press - 50kg (110lbs)
6) High-pull - 20kg (44lbs)
7) Squat - 80kg (176lbs)
8) Deadlift Shrug - 70kg (154lbs)
9) Bulgarian Split Squat - 15s kg (33lbs)
10) Lunges - 50kg (110lbs)
I expect to hit new personal records on every 4th week. After that I'll begin with a little lighter weights again (but heavier than at the end of the other microcycle).
Some music I have on my playlist
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4
The Dark Knight Soundtrack Why So Serious?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QjuEWsdgEc
Metallica Master Of Puppets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA
I am going to lift weights four times per week, one day will be complete rest and two days will be swimming, running or whatever else light activity.
- DB Incline Bench Press 4x10
- Cable Seated Row 4x10
- DB Shoulder Press 4x10
- Pull-ups 4x10
- BB Close-grip Bench Press 4x10
- High Pull 4x10
- Stability Ball Crunches 3x10-15
- Squat 4x10
- Deadlift Shrug 4x10
- Bulgarian Split Squat 4x10
- Lunges 4x10
- Reverse Crunch 3x10-15
I am going to eat around 3400cal 5 days per week and 2700cal two days per week (Saturday and Sunday when I do only light activities). I'll raise calories as I feel I need to as weeks go by.
1) Pre-workout Riccota with raisins
2) Post-workout shake: cottage cheese+milk+frozen bananas
3) Oatmeal and milk, potatoes and scrambled eggs.
4) Oatmeal and milk, chicken breast in some marinade.
5) Omelet with milk and some cabbage and carrots.
6) Herring and cabbage, nuts.
Thread: Fit Forever