CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How does this program look for training for my pft

THE GOAL
    -8:30 500yrd breast swim
    -10min rest
    -80 push ups in 2 min
    -80 sit ups in 2 min
    -16 pull ups in 2 min
    -10 min rest
    -9:30 1.5 mile

THE PROGRAM

MONDAY
    -low rep heavy weight BACK day/ calfs
    3x3's and 5x5's

TUESDAY
    -LOW REP HEAVY REP LEG/SQUAT day/ abs
    3x3's and 5x5's

WEDNESDAY
    -Chest/ tri day may switch this to shoulders day

THURSDAY
    -heavy volume BACK day 3-4 sets 15-30reps
    -calfs

FRIDAY
    -SHOULDERS
    -abs

SATURDAY
    -heavy volume LEG day 3-4 sets 15-30reps

Also I will be tunning and swimming every day
    KOTIC SPONSORED LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130255413

RIP Wes - "Iron Addict"
    he's the first to tell me how f***ed up I was and to stop jumping programs every other week and told me straight and blunt. Also taught me the "search" function

DEAD
    11/10/10 455lbs

RAW TOTAL TO DATE= 1030

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't like it:

to hit your goals you need to focus on progression, just like we progress in weights, we need to progress in the bw exercises (including running) needed to pass your pft.

I would cut bb training to 2x a week. You should workout at least 5 days a week.

Just off the top of my head,

Mon
    -Squat or box squat variation 10x3
    -Dips 15x2
    -Situps
    -Farmers Walk 400m (add weight when you can do 400m without dropping)

Thurs
    -Pull variation (this can be the explosive pulls from the floor, or pl style deadlift/shrug variations - up to you, but at a 450 dl, you might be better with PC or high pulls - If you use a clean variation, you can add the press variation and omit the next exercise) - 10x3
    -Press variation - omit if done in conjunction with the pull 10x1
    -Close grip bench press 12x2
    -bb curl or weighted chins 6x3
    -Sled dragging 6x50m

You need to limit this to 2x a week so that you get plenty of other sessions, like I said you will be ideally working out 5-6days a week, training 7-10 times a week

I recommend doing 3 runs a week as outlined in 'Fighting Fit' (Weale, 1993) - use times rather than distance, as this will accommodate for you getting faster - do a 20min run (fast pace), a 30min run (slightly slower) and a 45min run (slightly slower still) - these runs will build you up for the volume of running in basic

On the days your not running, you will want to swim - this is effective as it spares your joints and is a welcome break

Importantly, you will want to do a lot of bodyweight conditioning using sprints, leaps, pressups, dips, pullups, rope climbing, burpees etc. - i recommend doing these in frequent, irregular, sub-maximal sets ('Grease the Groove' method) - Field conditioning and animal walks are superb - I have previously authored a thread on them - find it if your interested. Also, lads who have done parkour have had excellent potential for soldiering fitness, however, they are usually too weak to cope with the forced marches, so this may be a worthwhile activity if your also hitting the gym

I would recommend running/swimming in the morning if possible, this is more for psycological reasons than anything else, as you will run in the mornings during your service - run on grass if possible, and get a postural evaluation - 6-12 weeks on a program such as 'Neanderthal No More' (Robertson and Cressy, T-Nation) will save you loads of injuries if you are not 'healthy' (i.e. muscular/postural imbalances)

If you need anything else, hit me up on the pm

Goodluck
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't like it:

to hit your goals you need to focus on progression, just like we progress in weights, we need to progress in the bw exercises (including running) needed to pass your pft.

I would cut bb training to 2x a week. You should workout at least 5 days a week.

Just off the top of my head,

Mon
    -Squat or box squat variation 10x3
    -Dips 15x2
    -Situps
    -Farmers Walk 400m (add weight when you can do 400m without dropping)

Thurs
    -Pull variation (this can be the explosive pulls from the floor, or pl style deadlift/shrug variations - up to you, but at a 450 dl, you might be better with PC or high pulls - If you use a clean variation, you can add the press variation and omit the next exercise) - 10x3
    -Press variation - omit if done in conjunction with the pull 10x1
    -Close grip bench press 12x2
    -bb curl or weighted chins 6x3
    -Sled dragging 6x50m

You need to limit this to 2x a week so that you get plenty of other sessions, like I said you will be ideally working out 5-6days a week, training 7-10 times a week

I recommend doing 3 runs a week as outlined in 'Fighting Fit' (Weale, 1993) - use times rather than distance, as this will accommodate for you getting faster - do a 20min run (fast pace), a 30min run (slightly slower) and a 45min run (slightly slower still) - these runs will build you up for the volume of running in basic

On the days your not running, you will want to swim - this is effective as it spares your joints and is a welcome break

Importantly, you will want to do a lot of bodyweight conditioning using sprints, leaps, pressups, dips, pullups, rope climbing, burpees etc. - i recommend doing these in frequent, irregular, sub-maximal sets ('Grease the Groove' method) - Field conditioning and animal walks are superb - I have previously authored a thread on them - find it if your interested. Also, lads who have done parkour have had excellent potential for soldiering fitness, however, they are usually too weak to cope with the forced marches, so this may be a worthwhile activity if your also hitting the gym

I would recommend running/swimming in the morning if possible, this is more for psycological reasons than anything else, as you will run in the mornings during your service - run on grass if possible, and get a postural evaluation - 6-12 weeks on a program such as 'Neanderthal No More' (Robertson and Cressy, T-Nation) will save you loads of injuries if you are not 'healthy' (i.e. muscular/postural imbalances)

If you need anything else, hit me up on the pm

Goodluck
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CARNAGE11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thank you for post, the only reason i had weights 4/5 times a week was to build up my back and legs a little bit more. But I see what you are saying. I will be running in the mornings and swim practice is in the afternoon
    KOTIC SPONSORED LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130255413

RIP Wes - "Iron Addict"
    he's the first to tell me how f***ed up I was and to stop jumping programs every other week and told me straight and blunt. Also taught me the "search" function

DEAD
    11/10/10 455lbs

RAW TOTAL TO DATE= 1030