Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
Results 1,021 to 1,039 of 1039
    swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait .... wut? OMG! OMG! OMG!

we're all going to be amazon aunts ?!!!

I'm going shopping
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're right, mirin' kitteh pic more than little person.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow Congratulations...I am so happy for you
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Ahhhh it's so close!!! : D I can't wait to see piccies on fb : D : D I can't wait for you to be closer to where I am so we can have a coffee : )
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Hi Rickie!!!! Love the pic of Simon on your belleh. Hope you're feeling well. We look forward to your checking in whenever you can! <--(see me speaking for everyone there? ; ) )
    Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Wait .... wut? OMG! OMG! OMG!

we're all going to be amazon aunts ?!!!

I'm going shopping : D
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    You're right, mirin' kitteh pic more than little person. : p
    Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Wow Congratulations...I am so happy for you : )
    Thanks ladies! I really miss being on here, and lifting semi-heavy things, and keeping up with you all...

Only a few more weeks to go...

Ladies who've had kidlets - I realize that everyone's recovery is different because every labour is different, and every situation is different... But in general, how long did it take before you felt "well" enough (physically, mentally, and emotionally) to get back to some semblance of a workout?

Here I am at about 156-157lbs. Scary stuff. It's funny that at 8.5 months pregnant I'm still not as heavy as I was in January 2012. Also - I have no muscle left. Should be an interesting time trying to get some of that back. Haha. (Mirror picture: excuse the dirty mirror. It's gross. It's hubz' mirror, so I take no responsibility for its nastiness )

My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HAI RICKIE!!! Wow 8 months, you are almost ready to pop! Seems like a pretty low wt for being an 8mth pregnant woman, srs, please don't rage all over me with pregnant lady hormones of dinosaur-ic proportions but you look like you're smuggling a ham in there cause you didn't seem to gain much wt anywhere else. And the muscle will come right back, no way you are down to no muscle even though it probably feels like it. Just like coming back from surgery or injury, you'll gain strength like crazy when you start back. So when you pop the kid out you'll be able to use said kid for one arm curls x 10, then as the kid grows your strength will as well, brb 30lb one armed curls in a few months. (Nature is scary. )
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awe hon. You're fine no worries you've gained what 25lbs so far? For normal weight woman it's fine up to 35lbs so with a month left I wouldn't worry about it. I dropped over 20lbs in two moths with breastfeeding and watching my diet.

I could have went back to lifting 8 weeks post c section but didn't have time. Once I started back though I had some pretty solid gains and am now doing PRs. The first couple of weeks were spent getting the movements down again but after that it was smooth.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HAI RICKIE!!! Wow 8 months, you are almost ready to pop! Seems like a pretty low wt for being an 8mth pregnant woman, srs, please don't rage all over me with pregnant lady hormones of dinosaur-ic proportions but you look like you're smuggling a ham in there cause you didn't seem to gain much wt anywhere else. And the muscle will come right back, no way you are down to no muscle even though it probably feels like it. Just like coming back from surgery or injury, you'll gain strength like crazy when you start back. So when you pop the kid out you'll be able to use said kid for one arm curls x 10, then as the kid grows your strength will as well, brb 30lb one armed curls in a few months. (Nature is scary. )
    This!!!! You look great, Rickie! I gained 30lbs with my son and I carried just like you: stayed pretty thin elsewhere but looked like I had a basketball shoved under my shirt. I can't advise about working out because I didn't in those days but I think he was about 3 weeks old or so when I started putting him in the stroller and going for walks. I was still completely exhausted and sleep deprived at that point but I needed the fresh air and sunshine. I do remember feeling like my muscles had totally atrophied just in the three weeks postpartum, like a mile and a half walk seemed like about 10 and I was like, wut? but your body does bounce right back sooner than you think. Just as a side note, I know a lot of people lose weight super quickly when breastfeeding but my body actually held on to an extra 15 lbs while I was nursing. Then as soon as I weaned (at 9 months), I dropped that 15 lbs in a month without trying, literally, and went right back to my pre pregnancy weight and clothes size. What I'm trying to say with that is, you haven't gained excess weight with your pregnancy, so if your body wants to hold onto a little extra chunk initially, don't worry about it, it will come off in its own good time.

So excited for you.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!

Wow last month eh, the worst one and especially in a hot summer like it has been lately - both of mine are summer babies, Aug 2 and Sept 7 so I have been there, done that.

Don't worry usually if all is well after delivery and you have your post delivery check up and doc says your good to go then it is back at it, muscles do come back and you'll have different priorities at the start so don't push yourself to hard. Depending on the kid you could have such a different experience with him/her that I would not add additional worries of specific exercise programs. enjoy walks etc and then go from there depending on how your feeling.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    HAI RICKIE!!! Wow 8 months, you are almost ready to pop! : D Seems like a pretty low wt for being an 8mth pregnant woman, srs, please don't rage all over me with pregnant lady hormones of dinosaur-ic proportions but you look like you're smuggling a ham in there cause you didn't seem to gain much wt anywhere else. And the muscle will come right back, no way you are down to no muscle even though it probably feels like it. Just like coming back from surgery or injury, you'll gain strength like crazy when you start back. So when you pop the kid out you'll be able to use said kid for one arm curls x 10, then as the kid grows your strength will as well, brb 30lb one armed curls in a few months. (Nature is scary. : D)
    I laughed at your ham-smuggling comparison. And then I read it to hubz. And the arm curl suggestion is great - hubz had the same one! I am such a weakling at the moment. It's depressing. I WILL get it back!

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Awe hon. You're fine no worries : ) you've gained what 25lbs so far? For normal weight woman it's fine up to 35lbs so with a month left I wouldn't worry about it. I dropped over 20lbs in two moths with breastfeeding and watching my diet.

I could have went back to lifting 8 weeks post c section but didn't have time. Once I started back though I had some pretty solid gains and am now doing PRs. The first couple of weeks were spent getting the movements down again but after that it was smooth.
    I actually gained 40lbs. And I'm 7 weeks post partum, and have only lost 15lbs. So I've got 25 go. Apparently I wasn't all baby. Haha. I am breastfeeding - and this little guy is a hungry hippo! - but my weight hasn't budged in over 3 weeks! Le sigh. I shall persevere!

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    This!!!! You look great, Rickie! I gained 30lbs with my son and I carried just like you: stayed pretty thin elsewhere but looked like I had a basketball shoved under my shirt. : ) I can't advise about working out because I didn't in those days but I think he was about 3 weeks old or so when I started putting him in the stroller and going for walks. I was still completely exhausted and sleep deprived at that point but I needed the fresh air and sunshine. I do remember feeling like my muscles had totally atrophied just in the three weeks postpartum, like a mile and a half walk seemed like about 10 and I was like, wut? but your body does bounce right back sooner than you think. Just as a side note, I know a lot of people lose weight super quickly when breastfeeding but my body actually held on to an extra 15 lbs while I was nursing. Then as soon as I weaned (at 9 months), I dropped that 15 lbs in a month without trying, literally, and went right back to my pre pregnancy weight and clothes size. What I'm trying to say with that is, you haven't gained excess weight with your pregnancy, so if your body wants to hold onto a little extra chunk initially, don't worry about it, it will come off in its own good time.

So excited for you. : ) : )
    Thanks, Drea! My body might be like yours. We'll see. I'm trying not to freak about about it too much, yet. My priority has to be baby right now... But looking in the mirror is the most absolutely depressing thing. As hubz says, "getting in shape didn't happen over night the first time. It's not going to happen overnight this time, either." Gotta love the voice of logic. Haha.

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!

Wow last month eh, the worst one and especially in a hot summer like it has been lately - both of mine are summer babies, Aug 2 and Sept 7 so I have been there, done that.

Don't worry usually if all is well after delivery and you have your post delivery check up and doc says your good to go then it is back at it, muscles do come back and you'll have different priorities at the start so don't push yourself to hard. Depending on the kid you could have such a different experience with him/her that I would not add additional worries of specific exercise programs. enjoy walks etc and then go from there depending on how your feeling.
    Thanks, DM! The summer was BRUTAL, but we survived! And it's quite cool here, now.

You're right about different priorities. And, really, finding the TIME to get back at it is a real challenge - especially when you're functioning on almost zero sleep!

BRB with pics!
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OHOHOHOHOHOH piccies!!!

Holy crap, I missed you guise!

I don't know how much time I'll have to be on here, but I need to make a concerted effort.

Bullet points:

- Baby K decided he NEVER WANTED TO COME OUT. So they induced, 9 days overdue.

- Once labour started, it was 3.5 hours, from start to finish. Super duper fast. No drugs, no nothing.

- Baby K was 7lbs 9oz, which I was a bit surprised about, since hubz is tall-ish, and we were both over 8lb babies ourselves. AND baby was overdue, so I figured he'd be at least an 8 pounder. In retrospect, I'm glad he wasn't. His head was nice and small. (Although, it didn't feel particularly small at the time... if you know what I mean. )

- I could write a book on my labour and delivery, but this is bb.com, not a L&D forum.

- 7 weeks old, about 12lbs now. He's growing up WAY too fast. We had no idea what he was going to look like, because I am average height and VERY fair, and hubz is tall and dark. My face is heart-shaped, hubz is long/oval. So we were pretty interested to see how he was going to "turn out". Every calls him a mini-hubz. I don't see it, but I am SUPER bad at "seeing" people in babies.

- Bought a gym membership right after my 6 week post-partum checkup. It's really hard to get to the gym, since I have to wait for hubz to get home before I can go... and by that time, I am completely exhausted. But I have been doing my best. Slowly but surely. My lifts are literally cut in half. It makes me want to cry. One day, I'll have my pretty delts back, and will be able to rock my sleeveless workout shirts. But for now, I will just be proud to be 7 weeks post-baby and back to lifting.

Pictures!

Miracle baby

This was 3am one morning last week - hard to be upset at this face:

I made them much smaller... hopefully it doesn't detract from the cuteness of his face. Hehe.

Hope to be back soon!! <3

OMG he is precious, congrats!

Love the pics.

Slowly but surely, you will get back into it all especially if BF then schedules can be a bit tough to managed but you'll get there. Just think of it as a progress line that you are working towards, I know how hard it is to loss your strength but I promise it will come back and faster than you expect. #1 priority is your little man

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aww what a precious little guy Love the pictures...Just gorgeous!!!!

I'm so happy you came back! Yay!

DM is right! Strength will come flying back in no time!!! I'm sure the weight will fly off as well once you're back into a solid routine. The fact that you're only 7 weeks post baby and in the gym again is incredible! I can't even imagine how tiring it must be to be up all hours of the night and still make it there!

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    <3 <3 <3 Cute lil pumpkin!!!!<3 <3 <3 Big congrats, pretty mama! And proud of you too, back at it already.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On my goodness, he is just so cute!!!

I'm going to real tea here. It was very hard for me to get back into the gym, even though it was in the freaking garage and I just had to walk my happy arse out there lol. The fact that you are even doing that 7 weeks pp is great. Give yourself time to adjust to being a new mom and don't get down on yourself if you feel like you are not making progress Muscle memory is very true and as long as you are eating enough (assuming you are breast feeding) you should be able to recomp fairly well. Heck, I lost more than 20lbs the first 2-3 months and I wasn't actively dieting or anything, water weight and the cals burned to make milk more than helped in that department.

The same thing happened to us. I was almost a week late and we were all thinking bubs would be at least 8lb's nope 6lbs 10oz lol. He's perfect hon!

Guise. I've missed you. Sorry I've been MIA.

Cliffs of past many months:

- So Baby K is 11 months old. He doesn't sleep. That's a story in and of itself.

- The past month has been, hands down, the worst month of my life. Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up.

- Middle of June: hydroplaned on the highway, cut across 2 lanes of traffic. Brought up solid on guard rail. Flipped over guard rail, went nose-over-tail 3 times before coming to a stop on the passenger side of the car. (So I had to climb UP to get out of my car window). With Baby K in the backseat. I have no explanation for how we didn't die, and neither do witnesses. Can't even talk about it. No major injuries. Seriously a miracle. (Messed up my knee - haven't been to gym since. Hoping to try this week and see how it goes)

- 5 days later, my Daddy had a massive heart attack. For you medical people - his LAD (Lateral Anterior Descending) artery was 100% blocked. My Dad is 58. He's 140lbs. Low cholesterol. Low blood pressure. Eats annoyingly healthy. He's still alive. Thankfully. Major, major damage. 34% heart function. Will never be the same. But he's alive.

- The following week, hubz' Pop died unexpectedly. 79 years old, shovelled his own driveway, mowed his own grass. No major health issues. Crazy.

Hopefully things will look up from here. If Baby K improves in the sleep department, hopefully I will be able to come and post workouts here from time to time.

Miss you guys. <3 How are you all???

Here are some pictures of my sweet baby boy. And my stupid car.

Dat dere Greek Yogurt goatee:

Out for a walk on Canada Day:

Looks a bit like a bobble-head here... haha. It's just the angle of the photo. He's a little brute, though.

Please tell me how you all are. And message me for FB info, if you do the whole social media thing. <3

Oh holy shat in a hat!!! Just reading about the car accident is crazy. I am so happy you guys are ok, someone must be watching over you

SO sorry to hear about your father in law passing your fathers health issues Hopefully your pops recovers and doesn't have any further issues.

Baby K is sooo adorable, I can't believe hes almost a year old! I'm sending sleeping vibes his way so you can have some rest and time to do things for you

Holy crap, glad you and bebe escaped that horrible accident unscathed! And sorry to hear about your dad and your husband's Pop Baby K is absolutely adorable (but you know that) and you are looking awesome yourself even with a star over your face Thanks for the update and come back when you can!

Whoa, that car crash!! So glad you guys got out of that one without massive injuries. How's the knee? Did you get it checked out? Did the firefighters have to pull you guys out?

Sorry to hear about your dad and FIL. How does someone get a blocked artery when they are healthy/eating well? My dad had a heart attack in the past but honestly he ate poorly then and weighed about 40lb more than he should have.

I hope your baby starts sleeping a little, have him watch CNN, that alway works for me.
    Current PRs: