ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100)

are deadlifts that important?

I have never done deadlifts but have been lifting for years. I do squats and stuff for my legs rows and then the back entension things for lower back.

deadlifts just look like they will end up injuring my back and seem kinda confusing on getting the right form.

is this lift really that necessary? I feel like i have touched on all muscle group previously but was wondering what others say....

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I find squats to be harder for proper form. Listen to your body not other people.
    *Good guy crew*
    *Cares about people crew*
    *Lifts for Strength crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100) ryankoch83 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by namesarehard View Post
    I find squats to be harder for proper form. Listen to your body not other people.

ya , i do machine squats or leg press actually

Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like the deadlift, just start off light like 135lb and work your way up slowly.

breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Compound moves are essential in a routine, and the deadlift is one of the most multi-jointed based movements to do. Obviously you can still get cut without them, but it literally works the majority of most important muscles in your body to develop in one movement.

Why not just try them and see how you progress/develop?

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Deadlifts are just amazing you feel it in your legs, sides, abs, lower back . First few times you mite be a little sore but work them into a routine and it'll feel good. I personally feel like I'm slacking off if I don't deadlift. Gets ya sweating and gets ya pumping, guarantee you'll feel like you "really" worked your body

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    any exercise that encorporates multiple major muscle groups should be considered important, and essential to your routine. especially if losing fat is your goal.
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

dodong82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question.

Sorry noob question.

If I don;t have barbells, what can I use to substitute for deadlifts?

Thanks a lot

EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My problem with deadlifts is that i watch vid after vid trying to find something that really triggers me how to do them right, and i think that i am doing them right...its just i dont know. My upper body is pretty strong, maxed about 330 benching in the past and im no deadlift pro thats for sure since my huge focus used to be benching. So when i go to dead, i kind of lift with my whole upper body first, instead of lifting with my legs...like my brain doesnt just make my legs start to lift first, or like people say drive your heels into the ground...thats the part i dont get.

Heres my question about deads, when you start to lift is it ALL legs as you stand straight up or is you back truely part of that equation too in the start of a dead?

I do them and i feel afterwards like pressure in my lower back, it will last for a day or two....but again, im not sure if thats normal or what. I hate being a noob on deads.
    Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Out of all the days i go to the gym, the day i look forward to most is the day i deadlift, i do it religiously.
    It works absolutely everything, and will increase your mechanical grip quickly of the barbell over a period of a couple months as well. To say deadlifting burns a ton of calories is an understatement, same goes for squats.
    My posture is so much better from doing deadlifts, it requires and forces your core to build up very rapidly and is hands down IMO the best back exercise out there with bent over barbell rows.
    Hamstrings, forearms, the entire back, abs, everything is recruited.

They will only hurt your back if you use improper form or lift too much weight too quickly.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dodong82 View Post
    Sorry noob question.

If I don;t have barbells, what can I use to substitute for deadlifts?

Thanks a lot
    use dumbbells
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

"Conquer your mind...Conquer your dreams"
    Nov 2006:370 pounds
    Oct 2011: ???

CHECK OUT: My "Stop F%***ing Around" Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125087501

CHECK OUT: MY TRANSFORMATION...(MOTIVATION/DETERMINATION/DEDICATION)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136245241

Registered Cinephile HydroShake's Avatar
    HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000)
    i deadlift heavy (at least for me) twice a week. you should definitely do them. just pretend you are about to sit on a really small stool. make sure your back is tight and your shoulders are back and when you lift, lean into your heel and lift.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes they are that important.

The big three (bench, squat, and deads) should be a part of everyones lifting routine.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

patan4444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patan4444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Originally Posted by ryankoch83 View Post
    I have never done deadlifts but have been lifting for years. I do squats and stuff for my legs rows and then the back entension things for lower back.

deadlifts just look like they will end up injuring my back and seem kinda confusing on getting the right form.

is this lift really that necessary? I feel like i have touched on all muscle group previously but was wondering what others say....
    i didnt do any dead lifts since i am cutting right now
    i will def do them during my bulk
    but its up to u
    i would say u should not do deadlifts that often during a cut
    thats only what i think
    but its also called the king of excersises which places second to squats
    its upto u though
    since during a cut i am out of energy lol i dont do em but i do for sure work my back with other excersises

jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just got back into training a few months ago, I use to work out years ago. I never use to do deadlifts. Now that I've been back into it they are now a part of my routine.
    Ever since joining this forum I noticed so many people do this exercise.
    I would say give them a go . Last back work out I was going to skip on the deads, but something during my work out hit me and said just ****ing do them. Im really loving this exercise like never before.

xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In my opinion deadlift and squat are the two most important lifts.
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

2k+

I'm working on it... scottyhall's Avatar
    scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deadlift will put meat on ya! I am willing to bet @ your height you could move more than you squat... I find them to be the most taxing/amazing lift in my routine. I couldn't imagine seriously training for power/strength and not doing them.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

Raw, 503/335/525

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squats and deads are the two lifts that recruit the most muscles to complete the compound lift. Naturally this means you're body will release the most growth hormones and testosterone from these particular lifts. I feel like an animal after these lifts, like I just want to tear sh*t up, and I can't sit still. Curls and shoulder flys do not do that.

The only side affect is walking funny all weekend (Friday is when I train legs, which include deads and squats) and feeling like you want to die when you squat to sit on the toilet.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x31234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I actually love deadlifts but I can't go to heavy, anything higher than 145 my lower back starts to hurt lots. I have a lower back problem.

Natty, Umad brah? Backtothestack's Avatar
    Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500)
    I will cry a freakin river the day I cant deadlift. Pulling 425lbs of dead weight is a great feeling, great workout, and just pure alpha.

Deadlift or go home.
    Colorblind. Reps are for the gym.

Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tvizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do them but start light, seems like you have researched form but have someone spot for you who knows what there doing if you still aren't confident.

It is very well known as a great exercise, if you do it right and don't push too hard right away.

mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosdel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would say this is like asking the question "are squats that important?"

its the same answer

Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Multi-Muscle / Joint compounds in general are important for strength, caloric burn, flexibility et cetera ... But I recommend starting light to get a good feel for the exercise, since a bad deadlift technique is terribad
    Achieving Zangief Mode log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124053701

Down 122 pounds since January 2010!