Registered User ScribbleyDoibus's Avatar
    ScribbleyDoibus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Naturally slim, lower abdom fat (noob)

Hey guys this is my first post.

Im 21 years old, about 5' 10" and 157 lbs. I've been working out on and off for about 2.5 years now, and have taken some seriously long breaks from lifting during that time.

Anyway, i've always been a skinny guy my whole life, but ever since i started college 4 years ago I've been going through periods of poooor nutrition, exercise levels etc, including staying up late, sleeping all day, eating **** food, snaking at night, drinking heavily, you name it.

After bouncing back and forth between being cut (six pack abs, etc) and having a flabby lower gut, i now find myself with the latter after being pretty much an invalid this past summer with a severely fractured leg.

Now i'm recovered, and have been hitting the gym hard (5 days a week +) for the past 8 weeks, watching my diet and trying to avoid late night snacks and carbs in general.

I've def noticed an increase in muscle, but that god damned gut and love handles will not budge. You see, i eat very little, maybe 2 medium sized meals a day plus a 50g protein shake after working out at night (before bed), and ive been avoiding carbs and sat fats for the most part. I do cardio as much as i can, including long bike rides uphill and 20 minutes of intense eliptical after lifting (i cant run on account of my leg).

I wish i knew how to post pics on the thread but basically, all my fat is in my lower abs. My upper abs are actually visible and decently defined. I feel like im doing everything to burn this **** off but nothing seems to work.

Sorry for the long post. any ideas?

breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Abs are all diet homie, make sure you're eating below maintenance and you'll lose weight. Sounds like you got a decent routine going, just make sure your lifts are compound and you're pushing yourself, and keep that protein intake to 130-140g per day at least.

Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett556 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude. I'm in the exact same boat and was gonna post a thread about the same topic. I guess its really gonna go away with the right diet. Also, doing squats and l-sits are good for that area. I can tell my stomach is getting smaller, just not as near as fast as the rest of me. My upper abs are beginning to show but I have a pouch on my lower abs. Frustrating as hell.

breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Garrett556 View Post
    Dude. I'm in the exact same boat and was gonna post a thread about the same topic. I guess its really gonna go away with the right diet. Also, doing squats and l-sits are good for that area. I can tell my stomach is getting smaller, just not as near as fast as the rest of me. My upper abs are beginning to show but I have a pouch on my lower abs. Frustrating as hell.
    basically ditto that lol

RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ScribbleyDoibus View Post
    Hey guys this is my first post.

Im 21 years old, about 5' 10" and 157 lbs. I've been working out on and off for about 2.5 years now, and have taken some seriously long breaks from lifting during that time.

Anyway, i've always been a skinny guy my whole life, but ever since i started college 4 years ago I've been going through periods of poooor nutrition, exercise levels etc, including staying up late, sleeping all day, eating **** food, snaking at night, drinking heavily, you name it.

After bouncing back and forth between being cut (six pack abs, etc) and having a flabby lower gut, i now find myself with the latter after being pretty much an invalid this past summer with a severely fractured leg.

Now i'm recovered, and have been hitting the gym hard (5 days a week +) for the past 8 weeks, watching my diet and trying to avoid late night snacks and carbs in general.

I've def noticed an increase in muscle, but that god damned gut and love handles will not budge. You see, i eat very little, maybe 2 medium sized meals a day plus a 50g protein shake after working out at night (before bed), and ive been avoiding carbs and sat fats for the most part. I do cardio as much as i can, including long bike rides uphill and 20 minutes of intense eliptical after lifting (i cant run on account of my leg).

I wish i knew how to post pics on the thread but basically, all my fat is in my lower abs. My upper abs are actually visible and decently defined. I feel like im doing everything to burn this **** off but nothing seems to work.

Sorry for the long post. any ideas?
    your genetics predispose you to deposit fat favorably in the stomach over other parts of the body. you need to lower body fat if you can't see abdominal definition and put on muscle if you don't want to look scrawny based on your stats.
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    I reciprocate reputation.