Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How to lose stubborn fat

Introduction
    This guide will teach you how to lose stubborn fat naturally without the aid of supplements. From personal experience I have dieted down many times but my legs never seem to be getting any slimmer. As frustrations grew, I set out to research what is causing this and ultimately applied what I have found to fix this problem. Occasionally I find others creating threads here asking for stubborn fat help only to be assisted by uninformed responses such as the old testosterone vs. estrogen theory. Even if stubborn fat is not an issue for you (yet/ever) I believe this guide will prove to be an interesting read for most. I hope this clear and concise guide will help others in the present and future.

What is stubborn fat?
    Stubborn fat is usually the last few pounds of fat that you find incredibly hard to lose. For males, their midsection is usually their problematic area. For females, their lower body is where stubborn fat is held. However, it is possible for males to hold stubborn fat in atypical areas (i.e. lower body) and vice versa for females (i.e. midsection). If you are the unlucky few you may hold stubborn fat in both your midsection and lower body. You are ready to tackle stubborn fat when you are around 10% body fat for males and 15% for females, and this is because your body will not delve into stubborn fat unless all the ‘easier’ fat is lost. If you are not yet at this level, please refer to http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113693871 for general fat loss.

What causes stubborn fat?
    We can see why stubborn fat is 'stubborn' by understanding the physiological factors in our bodies. This is a very complex issue so I will try to keep it simple by sticking to the most important points.

We have two types of adrenoceptors that control fat cell metabolism and blood flow into and out of fat cells. The two types are alpha-2-receptors and beta-2-receptors. The functions of alpha-2-receptors include inhibiting adipose tissue blood flow and lipolysis (the breakdown of fat for energy). Beta-2-receptors, on the other hand, increase adipose tissue blood flow and lipolysis. Therefore, we would want more beta-2-receptors for fat loss. Unfortunately in different parts of our body, the ratio of alpha-2-receptors to beta-2-receptors vary greatly and this has a significant impact on mobilisation and transportation of fat out of the fat cell. It is now obvious why stubborn fat is so stubborn: the overwhelming dominance of alpha-2-receptors in typical stubborn fat areas.

Adipose tissue blood flow was mentioned earlier and you probably wondered why and how it affects fat loss. Simplistically, poor blood flow means blood borne hormones can’t reach the fat cells and it is then even harder to mobilise fat away from the fat cell. Areas with more alpha-2-receptors than beta-2-receptors are generally associated with poorer blood flow, thus making it near impossible to target fat from these areas.

The hormone worth discussing here is insulin. The worst of the many functions of insulin are storing fat and inhibiting fat mobilisation. In terms of losing fat we would want to keep insulin levels low. Lowering the quantity of carbohydrate intake lowers insulin, so insulin levels can be easily manipulated by controlling your diet.

How to lose stubborn fat
    Now we can utilise our new-found knowledge to formulate a plan to attack stubborn fat.

1. Lower your carbohydrate intake to 20% or less of total calories

Research has shown (verified by personal experience) that chronic low-carbohydrate diets actually inhibits alpha-2-receptors and increase adipose tissue blood flow, and that is exactly what we want (read above). Low-carbohydrate diets also increase the catecholamine response to other stimuli such as exercise and caffeine.

2. Perform 30-60 minutes of low intensity aerobic activity

Exercise increases lipolysis via beta-2-receptor agonism and by improving the circulation of blood flow to problematic areas. Therefore exercise is used to mobilise and burn fat from the fat cells.

3. Eat at a calorie deficit

You will still need to be on a calorie deficit to lose fat. I assume you know what this means.

This is the end of the guide. Please post comments/questions in this thread. Thanks for reading!
    How to lose stubborn fat
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127984543

FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    /thread
    USMC 2005-2009
    While stay out late, I'm eating. While you sleep in, Im doing morning cardio. While you miss a workout, I'm lifting. Every time you don't give 100%, you make it that much easier for me to beat you.

Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i feel like eventually someone is going to chime in with this comment and it might as well be me...patience!

If you have already been losing weight and seem to have hit a plateau maybe lose a little more carbs or calories but the most important thing is to just stick with it.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been noticing that lowering the ratio of carboydrates in my diet seems to help even when the total calories stays the same. If what you wrote is true, it might explain why.

I've been considering increasing the amount of cardio that I do to see if it helps. I've been steady at 20 minutes of pretty high intensity cardio on an elliptical three times a week. Is there a reason that you are recommending low intensity cardio for long periods?
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I may be wrong and would hate to give bad info, but i believe that low intensity endurance events use fat as energy more than carbs while short intense events use carbs as energy more than fat

SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
    i feel like eventually someone is going to chime in with this comment and it might as well be me...patience!

If you have already been losing weight and seem to have hit a plateau maybe lose a little more carbs or calories but the most important thing is to just stick with it.
    What I'm presenting is the correct approach to targeting stubborn fat. You will know how frustrating it is once your body fat level is low but you're still stuck with stubborn fat. Those preparing for contests will know what I mean.

Originally Posted by DSUP View Post
    I've been noticing that lowering the ratio of carboydrates in my diet seems to help even when the total calories stays the same. If what you wrote is true, it might explain why.

I've been considering increasing the amount of cardio that I do to see if it helps. I've been steady at 20 minutes of pretty high intensity cardio on an elliptical three times a week. Is there a reason that you are recommending low intensity cardio for long periods?
    Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
    I may be wrong and would hate to give bad info, but i believe that low intensity endurance events use fat as energy more than carbs while short intense events use carbs as energy more than fat
    The hormonal response to exercise is most relevant here and that is the reason behind low intensity cardio. Firstly, high intensity activity is more effective in breaking down fatty acids in the fat cell, but at this level of intensity, the body prefers to use glucose instead of fatty acids for fuel. Also, high levels of lactate (released from high intensity exercise) traps fatty acids in the fat cells. This means that at high intensities fatty acid release is inhibited and fat oxidation is crippled. All these negatives point toward the use of low intensity cardio instead. The longer the duration of low intensity cardio, the more fatty acids are released and oxidised.
    How to lose stubborn fat

bump
    How to lose stubborn fat

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very interesting.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "low intensity" and "long periods"? How low is low and how long is long?

... particularly, with regards to the 'low intensity' part... would, say... a 5-5.5mph jog for 30-45 minutes count as low intensity/long duration?

Lately, I've started using these custom programs the treadmills at my gym have... - those with the cycling speeds/incline levels. Is running at 6-7mph for 30 minutes at different elevation levels considered 'high intensity' and too short of a duration?

Or are we talking here about slowing down to a walking pace done for 1-2 hours daily? - I for one, don't have 1-2 hours daily for cardio. I also believe in limiting the duration of cardio (per session) so as to not allow the body to dig into muscle tissue for energy.

- Thoughts?

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Reped
    Can we please get this thread stickied, this is great info, thanks a ton op.

So I have hit a fat loss plateau and I noticed that I'm lifting less weight than I was before. I did a little bit of reading and decided that I should take a week off where I eat mostly clean but up my calorie intake and do not exercise at all. The reasoing behind this is that it should up my metabolism and let my body recover in case I was over training. Was this a mistake, should I have kept training and done something diferently?
    *Good guy crew*
    *Cares about people crew*
    *Lifts for Strength crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Repped, solid thread.

jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmoutlaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=SPEEED;556277693]Very interesting.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "low intensity" and "long periods"? How low is low and how long is long?

... particularly, with regards to the 'low intensity' part... would, say... a 5-5.5mph jog for 30-45 minutes count as low intensity/long duration? QUOTE]

dont know if this helps or not, but ive lost 45 lbs since the end of May doing this. Basically walking at an incline of 7.0+ at 3.5-4.0 mph for an hour. Of course, I am eating a deficit, and lifting at least 3 times a week as well.
    Supplements:

ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein
    ON Casein Protein
    ON Opti-Men Multi-vitamin
    ON Fish Oil
    ON Micronized Creatine (cycled)
    ON AminoEnergy (cycled)

Starting Weight: 198 LBS (FAT)
    Goal Weight: 175 LBS <-----Reached
    Goal Weight: 165 LBS <----- Reached
    Goal Weight: 150 LBS<-----Reached
    Goal Weight: 165 LBS (LEAN)

"No regrets! Only you dwell on your failures" -- Jamie Eason

Originally Posted by SPEEED View Post
    Very interesting.

... particularly, with regards to the 'low intensity' part... would, say... a 5-5.5mph jog for 30-45 minutes count as low intensity/long duration?

Lately, I've started using these custom programs the treadmills at my gym have... - those with the cycling speeds/incline levels. Is running at 6-7mph for 30 minutes at different elevation levels considered 'high intensity' and too short of a duration?

Or are we talking here about slowing down to a walking pace done for 1-2 hours daily? - I for one, don't have 1-2 hours daily for cardio. I also believe in limiting the duration of cardio (per session) so as to not allow the body to dig into muscle tissue for energy.

- Thoughts?
    The intensity of the cardio should be low to moderate and you can measure this by measuring your heart rate during exercise. During the exercise, your heart rate should be around 140 beats per minute. This is how you can measure your heart rate:

"Use your index finger to locate the bony prominence on the thumb side of your wrist. Slide your finger down gently towards the centre of your wrist. Time the number of beats you feel for 15 seconds, then multiply by 4. As a general rule, the intensity of the exercise you are doing should not prevent you from talking, but should prevent you from singing."

Another reason this intensity is ideal is because its impact on muscle loss and recovery is minimal. Calories burned during this period may not be excessive, but most of what's burned should come from stubborn fat.

I hope this answers your question.

Originally Posted by namesarehard View Post
    Reped
    Can we please get this thread stickied, this is great info, thanks a ton op.

So I have hit a fat loss plateau and I noticed that I'm lifting less weight than I was before. I did a little bit of reading and decided that I should take a week off where I eat mostly clean but up my calorie intake and do not exercise at all. The reasoing behind this is that it should up my metabolism and let my body recover in case I was over training. Was this a mistake, should I have kept training and done something diferently?
    Fat loss plateaus are caused by a myriad of factors. They may be overcome by changing your diet and training. Since you have already temporarily increased your calories, I'd suggest you incorporate cardio into your routine. As for lifting, try using the deloading technique to break through plateaus. But just know you're not going to be achieving any personal records anytime soon as you're effectively on a calorie deficit.
    How to lose stubborn fat

i reek of protein farts antonioNHB's Avatar
    antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this should be a sticky
    Detailed fat loss journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=523448983&posted=1#post523448983

Height: 5'10" (ish)

Weight 6/30: 200
    Weight 7/22: 181
    Weight 8/06: 174
    Weight 8/28: 166
    Weight 9/19: 161

Bodyfat 7/03: 18%
    Bodyfat 7/22: 15%
    Bodyfat 8/06: 13%
    Bodyfat 8/28: 12%
    Bodyfat 9/19: 11%

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by antonioNHB View Post
    this should be a sticky
    this
    *Good guy crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Originally Posted by antonioNHB View Post
    this should be a sticky
    Originally Posted by namesarehard View Post
    this
    Thanks guys
    How to lose stubborn fat

dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

goodpost! now if i could get somemore beta-2s in my booty and thighs I'd be in shape! lol
    Living life clean and loving it!!

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very good post

and for those who think stubborn fat is a myth, check out some African ladies who have the tiniest of tiny waists but the biggest of butts

It's quite a sight to behold

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So...exercise and eat at a low-carb deficit?

What a breakthrough. Although I'll admit most of what you wrote regarding the physiology and specific stimuli behind fat metabolism was interesting.

clipsychic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread... bumping for later use.

Originally Posted by dogetta View Post
    goodpost! now if i could get somemore beta-2s in my booty and thighs I'd be in shape! lol
    Originally Posted by Aussieguy101 View Post
    Very good post

and for those who think stubborn fat is a myth, check out some African ladies who have the tiniest of tiny waists but the biggest of butts

It's quite a sight to behold
    Originally Posted by clipsychic View Post
    Great thread... bumping for later use.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post

What a breakthrough. Although I'll admit most of what you wrote regarding the physiology and specific stimuli behind fat metabolism was interesting.
    Please keep your sarcastic comments to yourself if you have nothing to add to this thread.
    How to lose stubborn fat

E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

stats:
    6'1"
    155 lbs

You should be in the bulking section, not losing fat section.
    "I don't say goodbye until the pain says hello. That's how you know the set is done." -Greg Plitt
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew
    Drown, Crash and Blister: A Strength Based Routine for the Endurance Athlete ( http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158832383&p=1176283603&viewfull=1#post1176283603 )

PM me if you need a Carfax

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thank GOD someone wrote this AND was able to get this sticked. Maybe we won't get flooded with the same questions all the time.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

Dude you are a dumb ass. I'm not even going to specify.
    *Good guy crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

slashwylde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good advice, ive been doing 90 second interval training running at 12mph for 20 minutes...but i'll change now to a hour long slow jog!

kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good thread! Repped!

I'm not the biggest fan of LISS, I'ts very time consuming and boring lol
    What would you say about just doing some HITT for say 15-20mins and taking some BCAA's?
    What good is an action with no purpose, what good is a purpose with no goal?

Check out my mates music site: http://www.********.com/pages/Manon-Dave-Music/123378697683602

Originally Posted by slashwylde View Post
    Good advice, ive been doing 90 second interval training running at 12mph for 20 minutes...but i'll change now to a hour long slow jog!
    Great. Good luck!

Originally Posted by kushy28 View Post
    Good thread! Repped!

I'm not the biggest fan of LISS, I'ts very time consuming and boring lol
    What would you say about just doing some HITT for say 15-20mins and taking some BCAA's?
    Please read post #6 of this thread
    How to lose stubborn fat

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I didn't read through all replies but I'm going to speak on personal experience. I'm actually seeing results now.

I was doing a 45/35/20 split p/c/f for a while and lost a good 10- 12 pounds of fat. I plateaued from there. I coulnd't lose any more fat no matter what I did. I did lose this fat very slowly... over 10 weeks. I switched to keto 9/21/10 and I have lost some of that fat i was having trouble losing. My body was so used to getting so many carbs everyday... i figured i should shock my body and eat close to none (under 25g). This is working amazingly. Instead of going to straight keto... try lowering carbs some. maybe lower your calorie intake 200 calories... mostly carbs and the rest fat.

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    I didn't read through all replies but I'm going to speak on personal experience. I'm actually seeing results now.

I was doing a 45/35/20 split p/c/f for a while and lost a good 10- 12 pounds of fat. I plateaued from there. I coulnd't lose any more fat no matter what I did. I did lose this fat very slowly... over 10 weeks. I switched to keto 9/21/10 and I have lost some of that fat i was having trouble losing. My body was so used to getting so many carbs everyday... i figured i should shock my body and eat close to none (under 25g). This is working amazingly. Instead of going to straight keto... try lowering carbs some. maybe lower your calorie intake 200 calories... mostly carbs and the rest fat.
    You're right, going to extremes isn't necessary. Just lowering carb intake to 20% of your total calories will suffice.
    How to lose stubborn fat

CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CStyles45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's everyones stance then on carb refeed days? Still necessary or no? I've been doing low carb but taking one day a week to load up on them. Any opinions welcome!

dreamlifez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Loosing fat in a easy way

I found an easy and helpful way to regain ideal weight as I used to weigh 115 kilos.
    I hate routine physical exercise, diet restrictions. I found a good thing, Stratzol. It helped me greatly.
    After using two months I have now achieved my ideal weight.
    http://dreamlifez.com/en/