tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing weight but gaining fat?

I am 5'8 about 163 lbs right now. I used to weight around 172ish and I have been on sort of a cutting diet. Mainly just been eating alot less.

I pinched something in my neck so I have not been able to hit the weights as hard as I was (for examply only doing 155 on bench instead of 200 etc) but I figured it would be better to just go light than do nothing at all.

I know I haven't been eating as clean as I was before this injury but I was wondering is it possible that I am losing weight (possibly losing muscle mass) and gaining more fat % ?

I am turning 30 as well and my metabolism isn't as high as it used to be of course. I am still fairly lean where you can see my 6 pack but I swear I am seeing what I think is fat accumlating under my rib chage, sides of my chest and a little on love handle area (I can attach a photo later if it will help).

viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000) viper30j is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
    I am 5'8 about 163 lbs right now. I used to weight around 172ish and I have been on sort of a cutting diet. Mainly just been eating alot less.

I pinched something in my neck so I have not been able to hit the weights as hard as I was (for examply only doing 155 on bench instead of 200 etc) but I figured it would be better to just go light than do nothing at all.

I know I haven't been eating as clean as I was before this injury but I was wondering is it possible that I am losing weight (possibly losing muscle mass) and gaining more fat % ?

I am turning 30 as well and my metabolism isn't as high as it used to be of course. I am still fairly lean where you can see my 6 pack but I swear I am seeing what I think is fat accumlating under my rib chage, sides of my chest and a little on love handle area (I can attach a photo later if it will help).
    You aren't gaining fat if you are losing weight. But you may be losing fat AND muscle if you are not lifting and not eating properly. This may lead to the appearance changes you are seeing.

Or, it's all in your head

Either way, hit the gym hard!

tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyboy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by viper30j View Post
    You aren't gaining fat if you are losing weight. But you may be losing fat AND muscle if you are not lifting and not eating properly. This may lead to the appearance changes you are seeing.

Or, it's all in your head

Either way, hit the gym hard!
    Well thats what I was thinking but I dunno.

I know weight is based on the calorie in vs calorie out but body composition can't only be based on that. I think my body just likes to store fat easily cause I dont eat a lot of it. Yeah its my fault on the diet, but I just find it weird that I literally notice more fat on me now then 4 weeks ago, but yet I have lost ~10 pounds

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Could it be excess skin because you have lost fat?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    No I dont think so.

The way to describe it is if I twist my body a little, these striations are on my my lats and side of my pec for it. I think I am getting the "skinny fat" ?

I just know I have not been remotely close to going over maint calories, I haven't been eating alot because I been really busy with moving and other bs so I only been eating one huge meal with lots of coffee.

I am not sure if my body is storing fat because I have not been giving it enough fat or what. Either way I know it sounds crazy but I know what I have been eating and I should not have been throwing on fat this much.

Could it be I am losing some muscle mass and that is showing more fat now that its gone?

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sorry, is the OP with a "visible 6 pack" complaining about a possible fat gain?

Really? OP, come back when you can't see your d*ck anymore.
    be a lot cooler if you did

Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post
    I'm sorry, is the OP with a "visible 6 pack" complaining about a possible fat gain?

I am trying to avoid from ever getting to that point so now that I am noticing I am accumlating fat when I dont feel i should be, I figured to start inquiring about it now.... Or is a rule that you must first get really fat and then get help?

leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post

idiot

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    I took a photo of the striations that I was questioning. My body is twisted so its all at a weird angle but I was more worried about getting the excess skin or fat in the pic than a nice pose lol.

If you look at the bottom of my pec and above my hip, you should see what I am talking about.
    Attached Images

anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100) anfractuous is not very well liked. (-100)

well..

Well, your not "fat", but your not exactly shredded either. Cut the simple carbs out of your diet, and eat smaller portions of complex carbs more times throughout the day. I'm not saying to cut calories, which would result in losing more weight. I'm getting the feeling that your "clean" diet is not as clean as you think. Adding some muscle would help you burn more fat, by the way.

I do understand your concern though. I freak when I literally measure an additional millimeter of fat on my abs. The leaner I manage to get, the more obsessed I become with maintaining it - it's an ugly cycle.

Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
    I took a photo of the striations that I was questioning. My body is twisted so its all at a weird angle but I was more worried about getting the excess skin or fat in the pic than a nice pose lol.

If you look at the bottom of my pec and above my hip, you should see what I am talking about.

PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it could just be that the muscle loss is making the surrounding fat look a little more obvious. a lot of muscle mass can sort of "hide" the fat, i.e. if your abs are ripped enough they show even though there's a layer of fat there. so maybe it's that? how long have you been off lifting?

prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2 years old fellas^
    It's your physique; train as YOU see fit.

UPPER/LOWER