realmobfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Me to the Next Level:

Hi everybody, I'm new here and could really use your advice.

At the start of June 2010, I was 270lbs and I realized I needed to drop some weight. I had stopped lifting weights and jogging and really got myself out of shape.

So in early June I changed some things up. I worked out 3-4 times a week and ate a little bit better (and less) but still nowhere like some of you guys. By Sept I had gotten down to 245 lbs.

But since then I haven't lost much. I'm at 243 lbs right now. Yeah I've notice my muscles getting more tone but I still have plenty of fat to lose.

I realize I need to switch up everything because what I'm doing now isn't working as well anymore, I'm looking for any advice you have on nutrition, exercise, supplements, and anything else useful.

Oh and I'm 6'0 - in case you wanted to know.

This is what I've been doing:

Working Out 3-4 days a week: Each workout is about 30-40 mins.

Day 1: Chest

Normal Bench
    DB Bench (includes decline/incline)
    DB flys

Day 2: Shoulders & Back

DB Press
    DB Row
    DB Front Raise
    DB Bent Over Row
    Shoulder Shrugs
    One-Arm DB Row

Day 3: Legs

Squat
    Lunges
    Leg Machines at my gym

Day 4: Arms

DB curls
    Cross Body Hammer Curls
    Bench Dips
    DB Tricep Curls

After each workout, I do 5-10 minute jog.

As for my diet.........I can't really write it down because I don't have a normal one. Like yesterday here's what I had.

Breakfast: two eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon, drank water
    Lunch: Red Baron Mini Pizza and handful of almonds, drank Gatorade
    After Workout: Had Whey Protein shake mixed with low fat milk
    Dinner: 6oz of chicken breast and a cup of corn, drank water.

And that’s how my diet normally is, it’s a mixture of healthy and unhealthy foods.

And of supplements:

I take Vitamin C, Omega 3-6-9, and Whey Protein.

Ok, so I know I need to fix-up my diet. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

Should I also change my workout program?

As well as my supplements?

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read stickies/do research? you'll feel better when you learn things on your own.
    be a lot cooler if you did

williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This article covers the basics of fat loss while maintaining muscle mass and strength:
    http://foxhoundstudio.com/blog/fitne...-your-ribcage/

Your workouts should be more than enough to keep the muscle on you while you drop the fat. A simple triple split might be better. Chest/front of shoulders/triceps, back/biceps/back of shoulders, and then legs. That will work your entire body. You don't need a day for arms, because chest exercises work the tris and back exercises work the biceps.

I'd add in 2-3 short HIIT workouts. Sprints or stair climbing or somesuch. That's all explained in the article above.

Diet is explained too. The more consistently you can eat the better. You need to get your body in a state where it feels well fed and can steadily burn away the fat stores. If you starve it or feed it irregularly it will go into starvation mode and will be more prone to storing fat.

Hope that helps!

Best of luck!

Shane
    www.bonytobeastly.com — muscle-building for skinny dudes.