Closed Thread
Page 130 of 268 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 8031
    darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Piece of **** work computer just erased my finished post. Anyway, short version: Rubber Rolls or rubber tile seem like the typical choice. Seems they just go on top of whatever floor you have just fine. If a dedicated room, will go over the concrete just fine. I guess I will be asking the same questions you are asking someday hopefully.

I hope to put a small wood floor with padding underneath for a small portion of the room someday (for cardio/floor work). I guess I'll have to do some research when the time comes.

(The real challenge is going to be the home theater room, all of the acoustic aspects are crazy). Then again, I'm broke right now from this project... and the way the economy/taxes/certain states are acting, who the f knows ....)

I liked the black rubber rolls I got from CFF. I'm not sure if the interlocking squares or rolls are better. You getting black or getting some design/print/color? For free weight and machine areas, I wonder if there is anything better than rubber flooring. Also, not sure how much benefit there is by getting thicker rubber... it costs a lot more to get thicker.

Anyway, would be curious to know what high end choices there are besides trhe typical rubber rolls or squares. wood?
    I had the puzzle type flooring before (not quality rubber just cheap ****), I didn't like how much dirt and crap would build up in the cracks so that's why this time I want a custom fit rolled out floor, just seems like it'll be way cleaner and stay nicer but that's basically the extent of my thought process there.

I have a couple contacts from the owner of the gym I've been using while inbetween houses here, I probably need to ask them the specialized questions like how to set up the baseboards or lack thereof but thought maybe some people on here had some insight on flooring. He did say that the flooring is surprisingly cheap, cheaper than carpet according to him.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyway, would be curious to know what high end choices there are besides trhe typical rubber rolls or squares. wood?

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    I had the puzzle type flooring before (not quality rubber just cheap ****), I didn't like how much dirt and crap would build up in the cracks so that's why this time I want a custom fit rolled out floor, just seems like it'll be way cleaner and stay nicer but that's basically the extent of my thought process there.

I have a couple contacts from the owner of the gym I've been using while inbetween houses here, I probably need to ask them the specialized questions like how to set up the baseboards or lack thereof but thought maybe some people on here had some insight on flooring. He did say that the flooring is surprisingly cheap, cheaper than carpet according to him.
    Something that I always thought would be cool for a home gym would be commercial carpet tiles. They have tiles that use a rubber bottom and you just glue down the tiles. If you ever need to replace a tile you can just peel it up and replace. The great thing about commercial carpet tiles would be the selection. I've looked at some commercial carpet sites purely out of curiosity and there are just mountains of options as far as patterns, colors, etc. I think carpet would look real nice and kind of warm it up as more of a personal home gym. You can also pair it with those commercial rubber tiles if you want to do an all rubber free weight area or similar. Oh, and another thing is you could mix the carpet styles to create different zones or walking areas versus machine areas and so-on.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    InfinityMax is the ultimate "cost no object" rubber flooring. Unfortunately cost is a factor for me and I will probably do the carpet tile thing from these guys. http://carpetbargains.com/carpettile.htm

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    InfinityMax is the ultimate "cost no object" rubber flooring. Unfortunately cost is a factor for me and I will probably do the carpet tile thing from these guys. http://carpetbargains.com/carpettile.htm
    I just can't seem to like the idea of carpeting, anywhere. Hate in in the house... seems like a product where anything hides and never gets totally clean. I like hardwood floors or solid surfaces.

Thanks for the InfinityMax flooring... looks AWESOME. Seriously Thick!!!

http://infinityperformance.com/pdf/I...x_Brochure.pdf

That is some BADDASS flooring!! No adhesive required. The flooring is so good, it is basically like getting high quality "platform" for the *entire* gym. Your entire floor space would be as good as an Oly platform!

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-19-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Greg, what are your thoughts on the Avenger leg press? I think you picked it up in the last week or two, right?

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ron Noreman's vertical chest looks baddass in Black. He has an Avenger Chest and Avenger Leg Press in Black coming from Medx Regeneration. The pics look great.

OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just can't seem to like the idea of carpeting, anywhere. Hate in in the house... seems like a product where anything hides and never gets totally clean. I like hardwood floors or solid surfaces.

Thanks for the InfinityMax flooring... looks AWESOME. Seriously Thick!!!
    Any word on the durability? I've seen a few pics from facilities after a few years and a few show the rubber floor tiles curling.

See the following from Atlantis:

There are commercial carpets that are extremely stain resistant. At the place I worked we had dogs poop on it, spilled glue, etc and after the yearly carpet cleaning it looked good. The only thing I'd really worry about with carpet in a gym setting is that it might be too slippery. The stain resistance stuff made it so water didn't soak in so you'd slide on a wet spot. It may also make machines more apt to slide if they don't have rubber feet. In a few pictures I've seen of gyms with carpet I see maybe 40% or so still use a rubber mat under cardio equipment.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    Any word on the durability? I've seen a few pics from facilities after a few years and a few show the rubber floor tiles curling.

There are commercial carpets that are extremely stain resistant. At the place I worked we had dogs poop on it, spilled glue, etc and after the yearly carpet cleaning it looked good. The only thing I'd really worry about with carpet in a gym setting is that it might be too slippery. The stain resistance stuff made it so water didn't soak in so you'd slide on a wet spot. It may also make machines more apt to slide if they don't have rubber feet. In a few pictures I've seen of gyms with carpet I see maybe 40% or so still use a rubber mat under cardio equipment.
    That picture right there is exactly why I want a custom cut rolled out rubber floor. It just seems that tiles or puzzle mats will change shape over time based on use/temperature and things like how heavy the equipment is sitting on them. My puzzle flooring had some areas that looked brand new and some areas that literally changed shape so much they wouldn't connect to ANY of the pieces around them anymore. I know a rubber floor can wear overtime as well but I imagine it to be more like carpet, when carpet wears out you just replace the whole thing and that's what I'd rather do. In a gym setting it's so frustrating to put your foot down while doing lunges or something and have a toe or two fall through a crack onto cement, little things like that can really throw you off.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi group, I recently located a first generation Pendulum Power Squat that I'm in process of purchasing through Dave Karstens at Elite Fitness Products in Ohio. I would love to purchase an first generation Pendulum Hip Press as well. Any advice on whom to contact to find one for purchase is greatly appreciated. I am willing to negotiate a finders fee as well. Thanks

coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Btw- I own and operate a sports performance training center and am in the process of expanding with personal training and boot camp offerings up here in idaho. Here's a quick listing of my main equipment line-up. Any advice on what I have or should add is greatly appreciated.

Power Racks: Elite FTS Collegiate Power Rack with 0-90 collegiate benches (3/ea)
    Power Racks with o-lift platform: Legend Fitness Pro Sereies with pro series 3-way bench (2/ea)
    Half Racks with o-lift platform: Legend Fitness Pro Series (3/ea)
    Rack System: Elite FTS Erect-A-Rack 24' x 4' configuration (1/ea - slated for purchase asap in 2013)

LB squat/leg press machines: Sorinex Belt Squat, Power Lift Belt Squat, Powernetics Bear Squat, Hammer Strength H Squat, Bodymasters Leg Extension selectorized (Pendulum Power Squat Pro, Pendulum Hip Press, MedX Avenger Leg Press, Shark Belt Squat, Elite FTS Power Squat - slated for purchase ASAP in 2013)

LB deadlift/hamstring machines: Westside Reverse Hyper Pro, Hammer Strength Squat Lunge, Nautilus XPload Leg Curl, Cybex Leg Curl selectorized, Hammer Strength Iso-lateral prone leg curl, Sorinex Ground Gainer, Legend Fitness Pro Series Glute Ham, Sorinex Poor Mans Glute Ham, Sorinex Belt Squat - used for cable Pullthroughs, Sorinex Hungarian Core Blaster, (Sorinex Back Attack, Westside Inverse Curl, Westside Reverse Hyper Bent Pendulum, Hammer Strength Hip and Back - Atlantis Lower Back Reverse Extension, Flex Fitmess Iso-lateral Leg Curl selectorized - slated for purchase ASAP in 2013 and beyond)

Gotta run to brunch. Will continue later today. Thanks again for any advice that you can provide!

Originally Posted by coach_ras View Post
    Hi group, I recently located a first generation Pendulum Power Squat that I'm in process of purchasing through Dave Karstens at Elite Fitness Products in Ohio. I would love to purchase an first generation Pendulum Hip Press as well. Any advice on whom to contact to find one for purchase is greatly appreciated. I am willing to negotiate a finders fee as well. Thanks
    You are already in touch with good people. Bill Casto is another. Short of the usual EBAY/Craigslist, and places like usedgymequipment.com, that should cover it.

However, there is no reason not to get a Rogers Pendulum hip press unless you just want to try and buy used to save money.

Btw- I own and operate a sports performance training center and am in the process of expanding with personal training and boot camp offerings up here in idaho. Here's a quick listing of my main equipment line-up. Any advice on what I have or should add is greatly appreciated.

Power Racks: Elite FTS Collegiate Power Rack with 0-90 collegiate benches (3/ea)
    Power Racks with o-lift platform: Legend Fitness Pro Sereies with pro series 3-way bench (2/ea)
    Half Racks with o-lift platform: Legend Fitness Pro Series (3/ea)
    Rack System: Elite FTS Erect-A-Rack 24' x 4' configuration (1/ea - slated for purchase asap in 2013)

LB squat/leg press machines: Sorinex Belt Squat, Power Lift Belt Squat, Powernetics Bear Squat, Hammer Strength H Squat, Bodymasters Leg Extension selectorized (Pendulum Power Squat Pro, Pendulum Hip Press, MedX Avenger Leg Press, Shark Belt Squat, Elite FTS Power Squat - slated for purchase ASAP in 2013)

LB deadlift/hamstring machines: Westside Reverse Hyper Pro, Hammer Strength Squat Lunge, Nautilus XPload Leg Curl, Cybex Leg Curl selectorized, Hammer Strength Iso-lateral prone leg curl, Sorinex Ground Gainer, Legend Fitness Pro Series Glute Ham, Sorinex Poor Mans Glute Ham, Sorinex Belt Squat - used for cable Pullthroughs, Sorinex Hungarian Core Blaster, (Sorinex Back Attack, Westside Inverse Curl, Westside Reverse Hyper Bent Pendulum, Hammer Strength Hip and Back - Atlantis Lower Back Reverse Extension, Flex Fitmess Iso-lateral Leg Curl selectorized - slated for purchase ASAP in 2013 and beyond)

Gotta run to brunch. Will continue later today. Thanks again for any advice that you can provide!

The best advice I have is to look through this thread from page one forward, especially with the amount of money you are spending. Seriously, it is really helpful to start at page 1 and go forward. I'll tell you what, I will update my version of the cost no object list and post it shortly. Essentially, it condenses the findings in this thread and is also listed in this thread at a few points. Nonetheless it is due for updating, so I'll do it now since I'm ripping CD's and cheering for the Falcons.

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    That picture right there is exactly why I want a custom cut rolled out rubber floor. It just seems that tiles or puzzle mats will change shape over time based on use/temperature and things like how heavy the equipment is sitting on them. My puzzle flooring had some areas that looked brand new and some areas that literally changed shape so much they wouldn't connect to ANY of the pieces around them anymore. I know a rubber floor can wear overtime as well but I imagine it to be more like carpet, when carpet wears out you just replace the whole thing and that's what I'd rather do. In a gym setting it's so frustrating to put your foot down while doing lunges or something and have a toe or two fall through a crack onto cement, little things like that can really throw you off.
    I noticed most rubber tile flooring also seems to have a bevel to the edge like a ceramic tile and the gaps look huge. I think I would either do rolled rubber flooring or carpet. The tiles seem like a good idea but I'm not so sure.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Greg, what are your thoughts on the Avenger leg press? I think you picked it up in the last week or two, right?
    I am very pleased with the "Regeneration" Avenger leg press. The three seat settings really sets this machine apart from the rest. I use the "squat' position the least, so far, which is understandable because I have the Pendulum power squat. The Avenger is so smooth that you have to watch to keep from building momentum and "slamming" the weight up. I like slow, not H-I-T slow, controlled reps with longer sets (10-30 reps). The new seat is better than the original. Ricky accidentally got the Regeneration embroidering on the seat too low, but no biggie. I don't use the new adjustable ROM arm crank. That didnt turn out as planned. For this feature to work for increased ROM, the arm needed to be a few inches shorter so one could then be able to use the crank to lengthen the arm back to the "original" length and original ROM. I got some large size grip tape to recover the entire footplate as it comes with 2 strips that covers most but not all of the footplate. I do not yet feel comfortable using the Avenger for single leg work. The Hammer H-Squat is superior for single leg work.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-21-2013 at 12:36 AM.

I don't use the new adjustable ROM arm crank. That didn't turn out as planned. For this feature to work for increased ROM, the arm needed to be a few inches shorter so one could then be able to use the crank to lengthen the arm back to the "original" length and original ROM.
    I discussed that with Ken. He is shortening mine. I need more Range of motion on way or the other. I need to squeeze a few more inches out of it, and I believe that can be done. I wish that could have been figured out before yours was completed, so that yours could have been shortened an inch. Apparently there is a bar that hits somwehere, but where I looked (where Ken talked about) seems I can get at least 3-4 more inches of footplate motion. He said he is going to shorten mine.

That embroidery is very low... what kind of miscommunication was that?

I discussed that with Ken. He is shortening mine. I need more Range of motion on way or the other. I need to squeeze a few more inches out of it, and I believe that can be done. I wish that could have been figured out before yours was completed, so that yours could have been shortened an inch. Apparently there is a bar that hits somwehere, but where I looked (where Ken talked about) seems I can get at least 3-4 more inches of footplate motion. He said he is going to shorten mine.

That embroidery is very low... what kind of miscommunication was that?
    Once you and Ken work out the exact length that the new arm needs to be, I will take my arm and get it cut down to a length that lets it do what it was intended to do. Should not be a big deal.......The seat was between Ricky and the lady that covered it. I am okay with it but I hope they get yours and Harris' right.......Update: I have since seen a picture of another lp delivered with the embroidering low on the seat.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-21-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Once you and Ken work out the exact length that the new arm needs to be, I will take my arm and get it cut down to a length that lets it do what it was intended to do. Should not be a big deal.......The seat was between Ricky and the lady that covered it. I am okay with it but I hope they get yours and Harris' right.
    He is no doubt going to be a bit sensitive about it, but even if I get another 2 inches on the footplate, I want it. I want the ability to go Metal on metal where they hit. I can always use the crank to back it off metal on metal where it hits. That way I can always get out something to make a groove if desired to squeeze out even more. Either way, I hope he doesn't get too sensitive on this becasue he might be almost completed with a few others and may not want to change? That embroidery is a shame. this is why I drive manufacturers crazy because there seems to be mistakes all the time. I triple and quadruple check. Drives me nuts....

Right now Hans won't even call me even though I requested him to do so. I want to be involved in the refurb process of those units. He says he is too busy to call... but he wasn't too busy when I flew down to LA, and drove them back in the rain 6 hours in a UHAUL.

He is no doubt going to be a bit sensitive about it, but even if I get another 2 inches on the footplate, I want it. I want the ability to go Metal on metal where they hit. I can always use the crank to back it off metal on metal where it hits. That way I can always get out something to make a groove if desired to squeeze out even more. Either way, I hope he doesn't get too sensitive on this becasue he might be almost completed with a few others and may not want to change?
    Why don't you take your small arm off and see for yourself how low the boom arm will go down before the frame contacts itself. Also see how this distance compares to the point at which the plates would slide off of the rear weight horn. Then measure the distance that the small ROM arm length will need to be....When you do this, don't forget to flip the landing arm forward.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-20-2013 at 02:02 PM.

You are already in touch with good people. Bill Casto is another. Short of the usual EBAY/Craigslist, and places like usedgymequipment.com, that should cover it.

However, there is no reason not to get a Rogers Pendulum hip press unless you just want to try and buy used to save money.
    Thanks! I will contact those individuals.

The best advice I have is to look through this thread from page one forward, especially with the amount of money you are spending. Seriously, it is really helpful to start at page 1 and go forward. I'll tell you what, I will update my version of the cost no object list and post it shortly. Essentially, it condenses the findings in this thread and is also listed in this thread at a few points. Nonetheless it is due for updating, so I'll do it now since I'm ripping CD's and cheering for the Falcons.
    Yes I agree! I have learned a ton from reading the entire thread.

I finally got to demo an Avenger pullover. There were probably fewer than 10 ever made. This thing was really smooth and could be adjusted to fit virtually any sized user. Unlike the other Avengers, the pullover is driven by alot of belt thru several pulleys. I was humbled as I was not strong enough to complete the last 15% of a rep on the Avenger even with almost no weight loaded up. My Nautilus plateloader does not have that feel of range at the end for some reason. The Avenger had the least amount of prestretch of any pullover that I have ever used. I did not see a way to adjust for it but it may have been there. My biggest disappointment with the Avenger was that my elbows wanted to wander during a rep. I guess you could make different elbow pads to stablize the elbows better. Although I thought the Avenger was excellent, I have decided that I would be better off to keep my Nautilus plateloader and possibly get a Medx pullover to compliment it later. The Avenger is nice, but just not right for me.
    Attached Images

Main equipment list continued- for those who might be interested in my training center's set up, have any questions about particular units they may not have had opportunity to check out etc...

LB auxiliary - Forge Power Runner, Powernetics High Stepper, vertimax v6 pro, goaler one slide boards, Sorinex 1-leg squat stands, Legend Fitness adjustable step-up boxes, Power Systems plyo box set (4/ea), (Powernetics Kicker, Cybex Multi Hip, Hammer Strength adductor, Hammer Strength Tibia Dorsi Flexion, Frank Zane Leg Blaster, Woodway Force Treadmills - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB back - Hammer Strength Front Lat Pulldown, Hammer Strength High Row, Hammer Strength DY Row, Hammer Strength Row, Legend Fitness Pro Series Lat Pulldown Floor Row, Nautilus 2ST Super Pullover, Nautilus Nitro Plus compound row, Nautilus Nitro Plus Lat Pulldown, Legend Fitness Prone High Row aka Bench Pull, Elite FTS T-Bar Row, (MedX Avenger row, MedX Avenger Pulldown, Elite FTS chest supported row, Flex Fitness plate loaded Pulldown, Pendulum Combo Pulldown - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB chest - Bodymasters Pec Deck / Rear Delt selectorized, Hammer Strength Bench Press / Dip, Hammer Strength Incline Press, Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press, Nautilus XPload Vertical Press, (Nautilus XPload Incline Press, MedX Avenger Chest Press - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB shoulders - Bodymasters Pec Deck / Rear Delt selectorized, Forza Shrug plate loaded, Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press, Hammer Strength Super Incline, Hammer Strength Lateral raise, Hammer Strength High Pull, Nautilus XPload Overhead Press, (Pendulum Shoulder Incline, Hammer Strength Rear Delt, Elite FTS ricks haw - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB arms - Hammer Strength Bench Press / Dip, Hammer Strength Bicep, Hammer Strength Gripper, Bodymasters Seated Preacher Curl bench, (Cybex Tricep Extension selectorized, Bodymasters Seated Tricep Bench, Bodymasters Standing Preacher Curl - to be purchased in ASAP in 2013)

Functional trainers: Free Motion Dual Cable Crossover (2/ea), Legend Fitness Functional Trainer, Tuff Stuff Corner Multi Functional Trainer.

Main equipment list continued- for those who might be interested in my training center's set up, have any questions about particular units they may not have had opportunity to check out etc...

LB auxiliary - Forge Power Runner, Powernetics High Stepper, vertimax v6 pro, goaler one slide boards, Sorinex 1-leg squat stands, Legend Fitness adjustable step-up boxes, Power Systems plyo box set (4/ea), (Powernetics Kicker, Cybex Multi Hip, Hammer Strength adductor, Hammer Strength Tibia Dorsi Flexion, Frank Zane Leg Blaster, Woodway Force Treadmills - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB back - Hammer Strength Front Lat Pulldown, Hammer Strength High Row, Hammer Strength DY Row, Hammer Strength Row, Legend Fitness Pro Series Lat Pulldown Floor Row, Nautilus 2ST Super Pullover, Nautilus Nitro Plus compound row, Nautilus Nitro Plus Lat Pulldown, Legend Fitness Prone High Row aka Bench Pull, Elite FTS T-Bar Row, (MedX Avenger row, MedX Avenger Pulldown, Elite FTS chest supported row, Flex Fitness plate loaded Pulldown, Pendulum Combo Pulldown - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB chest - Bodymasters Pec Deck / Rear Delt selectorized, Hammer Strength Bench Press / Dip, Hammer Strength Incline Press, Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press, Nautilus XPload Vertical Press, (Nautilus XPload Incline Press, MedX Avenger Chest Press - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB shoulders - Bodymasters Pec Deck / Rear Delt selectorized, Forza Shrug plate loaded, Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press, Hammer Strength Super Incline, Hammer Strength Lateral raise, Hammer Strength High Pull, Nautilus XPload Overhead Press, (Pendulum Shoulder Incline, Hammer Strength Rear Delt, Elite FTS ricks haw - to be purchased ASAP in 2013)

UB arms - Hammer Strength Bench Press / Dip, Hammer Strength Bicep, Hammer Strength Gripper, Bodymasters Seated Preacher Curl bench, (Cybex Tricep Extension selectorized, Bodymasters Seated Tricep Bench, Bodymasters Standing Preacher Curl - to be purchased in ASAP in 2013)

Functional trainers: Free Motion Dual Cable Crossover (2/ea), Legend Fitness Functional Trainer, Tuff Stuff Corner Multi Functional Trainer.
    Pictures? Sounds pretty nice. Also sounds like you've been cherry picking some good equipment that you like which is a big emphasis of this thread. I hate when gyms/studios just buy an entire line from one manufacturer and call it a day.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I first opened my gym I had my free weight area laid out with 3/8" thick recycled 4x6 generic matting. It was loose lay, was a bitch to mop, but it did the job. When I did renos a couple years ago I went with this:

http://www.dinoflex.com/172/

It also goes down without adhesive, interlocks almost seamlessly, is 8mm thick I believe, so lighter and much easier to work with, has a smoother surface so it is easier to clean, and has a bit of grey speckle which brightens the room a bit. It's been on the floor for 2 years. Half of it I bought used, the rest was new. I installed it myself and looks like I hired a professional. When it's vacuumed and mopped it looks pretty much brand new. I think for a home gym I wouldn't go with anything else, and if I ever had the chance to move my gym the flooring will come with me. I'm very pleased with it. It does not curl like some of the others do, and the colour is right through so when it wears it won't be as noticeable. In a home setting it will last for ever, and when you move you can take it with you. It lays down right over concrete, no adhesive, easy installation.

I don't consider the product cost no object, as it was considerably less expensive than what I consider the best:

http://www.dinoflex.com/234/

Other manufacturers make a similar product. Its way overkill for a home gym. All of the installs I've seen of the above product are unbeleivably outstanding. If cost no object, it's what I would pick. What I went with was to me the absolute best value for the money, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. But if I had the money the stride is what I would run.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://auctionservices.com/auction/1...itness-center/

This might be worth checking out for some of you.

And if anyone wants to score me that forza comp bench for less than $400, that would be awesome, lol.

Version 1.4:

I thought I would try to summarize some of the highlights of this thread now that it is getting fairly long. People can certainly do their own list, but I'd thought I'd start with mine. I am focusing primarily on machines, benches, attachments, and bars. I think it is best to stay away from racks since there are tons of great rack choices on the market, and people have different priorities when it comes to picking their cost no object rack. There are even Hydraulic racks with infinite adjustment, so while it is nice to discuss racks, there are quite a few cost no object racks, custom being the best. I believe all of the top rack choices have been covered earlier in this thread and will continue to be discussed as new rack designs are released.

Again, this is not meant to be a free weights vs machines thread, and I think we got that out of the way early in the thread. This thread is simply about discussing all the choices of various free weights and machine choices on the market that people feel represent the best choice, regardless of cost. Certainly best bang for the buck is always relevant as well, but the thread is primarily focused on what is the best product available.

The short answer is that no company makes all of the best equipment, not even close. Additionally, some extreme body types (very short, very tall, very large, etc..) might work better with some equipment rather than others. However, a machine that is voted best of best is often because it is very adjustable and can be used with the widest variety of body types and still have the best biomechanics. Ultimately, when it comes to machines, biomechanics and how a machine feels being used is the most important factor in determining what machine is best. One of the best ways to determine biomechanics, is the ability of a machine to allow perfect form using a maximum amount of weight on the target muscle being isolated. Additionally, the ideal machine will also have adequate starting position (pre-stretch) and a very large range of motion. One example is the Cybex VR3 arm extension (tricep). It is one of the few tricep machines (of that type of machine) that has upper back support. Other similar machines without upper back support do not allow one to use heavier weights due to the need to use abdominal muscles to hold your position. Without the upper back support, you are pushing backward against your abdominal muscles. In my opinion, the Cybex VR3 with heavy stack (and older VR2) provides the best biomechanics on the market for that particular type of tricep extension machine. Cybex absolutely nailed the grip, arm pad, length of the arms, pad angle, seat, and distance between the grips, pre-stretch, and range of motion. In my opinion, it is the best of all available machines of that specific type and gets a 100% for biomechanics for a neutral grip tricep extension machine. There are certainly other types of triceps machines on the market as well, however, at the moment, this piece also represents my favorite tricep machine. Again, this is in regards to comparing machines, not to comparing machines vs. free weight skull crushers, dumbbell work, or cable pushdowns with various attachments, etc. Which bring us the topic of specialty benches. Certainly we have autospot benches and specialty benches (such as designed specifically for just for skull crushers, dumbbell pullovers, etc...) which are all to be discussed.

Ultimately, only a personal opinion can be offered about what someone considers as the best possible choice in a machine. The vast majority of the choices I feel are superior to all other choices in terms of biomechanics. Sometimes there is a type of machine that you have a few good choices (rows and leg presses for example) therefore all of the choices should be listed, and ranked according to personal preference.

Leg presses:

TOP-TIER:

MedX Avenger Leg Press
    Atlantis Fitness Pivot Press (with modified footplates)
    Atlantis 40 degree Leg press (with modified wide foot plates)
    Rogers Athletic Power Squat Pro
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Hip Press
    Atlantis Power Squat (modified additional wide foot plate surface)
    Nebula Vertical leg press
    Atlantis Hack Squat machines
    Randy Coyle Swing Squat

Runner-ups:

Pendulum Seated Squat Pro
    Nebula 35 degree leg press
    Nebula 45 degree Leg Press
    UCS adjustable 35-45 degree leg press (difficult to find demo)
    Elite FTS Mondo 45 degree Leg press
    Cybex Plate loaded Leg Press
    Strive Plate loaded leg press

Smith Machine:

Nebula smith machine declared 'overall' winner. Adjustable angle: straight to angled, full range top to bottom.

Leg Curl:

TOP-TIER:

Star Trac makes the best prone leg curl and bested kneeling leg curl on the market bar none:
    Star Trac Prone Leg curl A+ (newest version gets demoted to A/A-).
    Star Trac Kneeling Leg Curl A+
    Atlantis C-107 Standing leg curl
    Westside Legend: Inverse leg curl

Runner-ups:
    Cybex plate loaded kneeling leg curl A

Leg Extension:

TOP-TIER:
    Strive Fitness plate loaded A+
    MedX selectorised Leg ext (Inquire about adding weight to weight stack)
    Westside Legend: Hip Quad machine

Leg Abductor/Adductor:

TOP-TIER:
    Strive Fitness combo abductor/adductor A+

Runner-ups:
    Atlantis Abductor/Adductor A-
    Cybex Eagle A-

Calf Machines:

TOP-TIER:

Sorinex seated calf A+
    Nebula seated calf A
    Atlantis standing calf A
    Reflex/Sorinex Donkey calf with custom adjustable forearm pad A+
    Free Motion Epic calf ext A

Shoulder:

TOP-TIER:

Atlantis E-449 Plate loaded Shoulder A/A+
    Power-Lift Plate Loaded Shoulder
    Strive selectorized lateral raise A+
    Star Trac plate loaded shoulder press A
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum: Shoulder/Incline/Chest A

Runner -ups:

Hammer Strength Plate loaded Iso lateral A
    MedX Avenger Shoulder (overhead press) A-

Traps:

TOP-TIER:

Rogers Athletic Pendulum 5 way neck with shrugs.
    Elite FTS Pro Rickshaw
    Power Lift DEADLIFT / TRAP BAR
    Sorinex Diamond Bar

Triceps:

TOP-TIER:

Cybex VR2/VR3 arm extension. Heavy stack option is absolute MUST have on VR3. Older VR2 is also top tier and has heavy stack included. A+
    MedX selectorized tricep extension
    Atlantis D-123 Pulldown with various tricep attachments. A+
    Atlantis Dipping station A+
    Hammer Strength Plate loaded seated dip
    Nebula reverse dip bench
    Bodymasters overhead tricep bench

Runner-ups:
    Bodymasters selectorized behind the head triceps extension

Biceps:

TOP-TIER:

Strive plate loaded bicep A+
    Sorinex Adjustable Preacher Curl Bench A+
    Bodymasters preacher curl bench
    Hammer Strength plate loaded bicep A
    Nautilus Compound Bicep

Back:

TOP-TIER:
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Combo Lat Pulldown
    Atlantis D-423 pulldown (a superior version of the Hammer pulldown)
    Atlantis D-123 cable pulldown 310 lb stack standard
    Atlantis NM-500 pulldown (250 lbs stack, but offers dual pulleys)
    Avenger Pulldown

Hammer Strength Iso lateral MID ROW, with modified chest pad.
    MedX Avenger Row
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Row
    Atlantis D-132 cable High Row (310 lb weight stack is standard on this).
    Nebula Leverage Low Row (old version, to be made again by Rae Crowthers)
    Power-Lift Low Row
    Legend LeverEdge High Row

Strive Plate loaded and selectorized Low back extension with seatbelt.
    Legend/Westside Reverse hyperextension with curved pendulum
    MedX selectorized Lumbar

Dual stirrup Hampton cable attachment or similar chain with Black Iron Strength stirrup handle upgrades.
    Mag Grip attachments: http://www.maxagrip.com/products.html

Runner -ups:

Hammer Strength High Row
    Hammer Strength Low Row
    Hammer Strength Pulldown

Chest:

TOP-TIER:

Nebula plate loaded leverage Incline chest (3 grip choices) (will be available for production by Rae Crowthers shortly)
    Nebula plate loaded leverage flat chest (2 grip choices) (will be available for production by Rae Crowthers shortly)
    Atlantis P-439 Plate loaded flat/decline A+
    Atlantis Plate loaded Vertical chest A/A+ (Old version, but available upon demand)
    MedX Avenger Iso lateral vertical chest A/A+
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Shoulder/Chest/Incline A
    Star Trac plate loaded vertical chest
    Star Trac plate loaded decline chest
    Star Trac plate loaded incline chest.
    Atlantis P-156 Pec Fly/rear Delt
    Nautilus Power Plus 10 degree chest
    Atlantis P-443 Plate loaded incline chest

Runner-ups:

Hammer Strength Wide chest
    Hammer Strength Decline Chest (Star Trac plate loaded decline supposedly superior)
    Nebula IDA vertical chest
    Hammer Strength HORIZONTAL iso lateral chest
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Vertical Chest (non-converging design will cause varying opinions on this machine, highly recommend demo before purchase).
    Legend LeverEdge flat (horizontal) plate loaded chest
    Legend LeverEdge Incline plate loaded chest.

Abs:

TOP-TIER:

Hammer Strength MTS selectorized Ab Crunch A+
    Hammer Strength Plate loaded AB Crunch A+ (I demoed the plate loaded one in Vegas and it was just as good and also allows twisting of the seat for obliques. Also 4 weight horns for unlimited weight).
    Strive fitness Rotary Torso: A+ (modified to have 225 lb weight stack, predominantly to help make setting 2 adequately challenging).
    Strength Inc. Inverted Sit Up (revision of the Old Body Master Inverted Sit Up. Designed for the Hard Core Sit Up user).

Benches:

TOP-TIER:

Nebula Awesome utility bench
    Elite FTS Collegiate 0-90 bench
    Williams strength Signature Military dumbbell bench
    Nebula reverse dip bench
    Nebula dumbbell pullover bench
    Atlantis B-180 curved pullover bench with wheels (should be excellent for flat dumbbell also
    Nebula flat bench that is adjustable at both sides for incline, decline, and flat of various heights.
    Sorinex Autospot benches
    Atlantis Fitness Autospot benches
    Power-Lift Lever action
    Parillo curved Lumbar incline
    Bodymasters overhead tricep bench

Glute Ham Developer:

UCS Glute Ham with custom wide footplate and wide footpads (36" width footplate)

Pullover Machines:

Nautilus Spider cam Pullover
    Nautilus Power Plus Pullover

Runner-up:
    MedX selectorized iso-lateral pullover
    Hammer Strength plate loaded (with custom pad spacers as shown in thread)

Flooring:

INFINITY MAX Flooring http://infinityperformance.com/pdf/I...x_Brochure.pdf

MISC:

Atlantis C-206 Adjustable step platform
    Rogers Athletic Pit Shark
    Rope machines
    Elite FTS Swiss Bar
    Black Iron Strength fat bars
    Black Iron Strength attachments.
    T-Grip Barbell bars and attachments
    Mag Grip attachments: http://www.maxagrip.com/products.html
    Power-Lift VARIABLE ANGLE ROMAN CHAIR
    Legend Fitness: Squat Machine and Calf Blaster #3129
    Rogers Pendulum Gripper
    Atlantis Multi Forearm vs David Multi Forearm
    Atlantis power runner

Plyo Boxes:

UCS http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...lite-Plyoboxes
    Power-Lift Adjustable plyo Boxes

Runner up:
    MDUSA soft plyo boxes.

Functional Trainers:

Cybex Bravo
    Free Motion*

High interest pieces for hopeful soon demo:

DAVID equipment (David international) http://www.david-international.com/cms/
    Panatta Sports
    Schnell Machines
    Quantum Fitness Power Crunch machines and ABT (All body trainer).
    Nebula IDA machines, not currently made.

Cardio Machines:

www.endlesspools.com
    Michael Phelps SwimSpa: www.michaelphelpsswimspa.com
    SwimEx: www.swimex.com

Precor AMT
    Precor EFX ellipticals
    Cybex Arc trainer 770 AT (moving arms) or A (non-moving arms)

Commercial Stairmaster machines. Step Mill 5
    Jacob's Ladder

Versa climber

Rowing machines:
    Concept 2 Rower: Water Rower (wood version): Water Rower (metal version)

Treadmills:

Woodway Desmo Elite
    Woodway Curve
    Commercial Precors (954, 956, 966).
    Star Trac E-TRxe

Stationary Bikes:

Cybex 770 upright bike
    Star Trac E-UBe
    Schwinn Airdyne
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-21-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Coach ras

Coach ras, awesome set-up. I wonder, you mentioned that you have a powernetics bear squat, do you have any experiance of similar units, such as the samson version, legend, and dynabody version? If so, what made you choose the powernetics version? What is your over-all opinion about that type of machine, how well does it work for jump squats, and what does it offer that other machines don't.

Also, as regards to the belt-squat, what exactly is the different between the power-lift and the sorinex, how's the feel of them, and which one do you prefer the most, and why?

Also which one of your two High rows do you prefer the most, the legend or the hammer?

As you planned to buy a powerrack, I think the rae-crowther pro-rack that Hans worked out whith Healthnut would be a nice option. However, I think that you should ask him to modify the hooks with some locking-mechanism so that they wont be able to pop out from underneath. Different thicknesess of the safety spotters, to allow even more minute increments than the already 1,5 hole-spacing, as well as the double-sided j-hooks that elitefts has on their new rack with different heights would also be, extreme one may say, but nice additions IMO.*

Also, I pushed Hans to make his own, version of the crepinsek or edge fts power-hooks, that would ideally be adjustable. That I think you should ask him for also, given their close nature with a regular mono-lift.

Lastly, you could ask for adjustable band-pegs, other than with bolts, so that all users can change them around.*

Also, chain suspended good-mornings are done in a power-rack, so maybe some extra hook somwhere for the chains should be nice.*

After all this, you own the sickest power-rack IMO, and the good thing is that Hans at rae crowther is all for customization.

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anything been said about the nebula Ida pulldown? I think the freemotion of that machine seem very advantageous. I mean even when doing weighted chin-ups, or machine pulldowns you don't really get that instabillity which you seem to get with that nebula and thus recruiting more muscle-fibre.

Coach ras

Coach ras, awesome set-up. I wonder, you mentioned that you have a powernetics bear squat, do you have any experiance of similar units, such as the samson version, legend, and dynabody version? If so, what made you choose the powernetics version? What is your over-all opinion about that type of machine, how well does it work for jump squats, and what does it offer that other machines don't.

Also, as regards to the belt-squat, what exactly is the different between the power-lift and the sorinex, how's the feel of them, and which one do you prefer the most, and why?

Also which one of your two High rows do you prefer the most, the legend or the hammer?

As you planned to buy a powerrack, I think the rae-crowther pro-rack that Hans worked out whith Healthnut would be a nice option. However, I think that you should ask him to modify the hooks with some locking-mechanism so that they wont be able to pop out from underneath. Different thicknesess of the safety spotters, to allow even more minute increments than the already 1,5 hole-spacing, as well as the double-sided j-hooks that elitefts has on their new rack with different heights would also be, extreme one may say, but nice additions IMO.*

Also, I pushed Hans to make his own, version of the crepinsek or edge fts power-hooks, that would ideally be adjustable. That I think you should ask him for also, given their close nature with a regular mono-lift.

Lastly, you could ask for adjustable band-pegs, other than with bolts, so that all users can change them around.*

Also, chain suspended good-mornings are done in a power-rack, so maybe some extra hook somwhere for the chains should be nice.*

After all this, you own the sickest power-rack IMO, and the good thing is that Hans at rae crowther is all for customization.

Closed Thread
Page 130 of 268 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast