Closed Thread
Page 140 of 268 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SMCStrength View Post
    If pad gap is such a big issue, you're likely limited with your choices.

The Power Lift bench is really big and sturdy. It's a good bench. If you like that one, you may also like the UCS design as well.

Personally, the Nebula 1080 series of benches to me are the ideal of compact design, heavy duty, and very adjustable with plenty of angles. Their were a few pieces that Tom blasted out of the park, and this is one of them.

All the legend line of benches are pretty good values for the money. I think they make a decent product and have been building better stuff the last few years. Dealing with their design crew however is painfull...sort of like a cross between talking to my dog and the wall about equipment design, but I digress.

Rumor has it that the Nebula 1080 benches are soon to be released by Rogue...may be worth your while to wait and see what they release first.

I was just going to say, I wonder why he did not include the Nebula 1080 bench, it is still my overall favorite, and the way it does decline is very amazing with that removeable foot pad--amazing. I like Rae Crowthers quality and got my 1080 bench from Hans.

On a completely different note, I would actually prefer 8 inch width pads for dumbbells. I don't like wide pads for dumbbell work.

http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...mbbell-Benches

Yes, UCS makes amazing stuff, but I'm not seeing any reason to purchase this bench over the Nebula 1080. Like Gene says, the design is just killer!
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    TL;DR - Me want new bench, cost no object. Maybe Legend 3164 4-way? Not as stable as pure 0-90. Maybe Williams Strength S-D090B? Maybe Power Lift Dumbbell Bench? Thoughts? Reviews?

I hate my BodyCraft F320 FID. It's too tall, it's wobbly, and the pad gap is obnoxious. I'm ready to spend the cash on a cost no object bench to last me the rest of my life. Due to space limitations, I'm hoping to get everything I want in a single bench.

Must Haves:
    - flat
    - incline
    - rock solid
    - very small pad gap
    - very narrow front footprint

Nice to Haves:
    - competition width (~12")
    - competition height (~17")
    - no spotting platform or steps
    - lots of incline angles
    - decline
    - yellow frame, black padding and moving parts

The narrow front footprint is due to needing to move it around on my uneven garage floor. On an uneven surface, three legs are more stable than four since you'll only be sitting on three legs anyway.

The ideal would be an FID bench as solid as a flat bench. The Nebula 1084 Awesome Utility Bench looks like exactly that, but the front footprint is too wide, and so is the dip between the pads. Skipping the picture since I'm at the limit and I'm not really considering it, no matter how awesome it might be.

http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Product.aspx?Product=46

The Legend 3164 Four-Way Utility Bench seems to get high praise. It has a small pad gap, a smallish front footprint, lots of incline angles, and the yellow would match my Legend GHD exactly. So that's probably at the top of my FID list in practice, even if it feels like taking a step down from the Nebula.

The Hoist CF-3165 Super Flat/Incline/Decline Bench also looks promising. I see less about it, but what I see is praise, and it's heavier than the Legend with a narrower front foot and wider rear stance, all good things. I worry about the long term stability of bolt-together equipment, though, even if I understand that it can be as strong as welded. And the pad is higher and narrower than I'd prefer.

Then we have the Magnum A86 and the Tuff Stuff PPF-700, which look promising on paper, but I can't seem to find much in the way of information, feedback or pictures. I don't think I want to take a thousand dollar gamble without even reading feedback or seeing more pictures. But maybe someone on here has used one of these and can comment.

But no matter how good, these FID benches are surely not as solid as an equally high-end 0-90 in the flat position. If I find the FID flat position unacceptable, that could mean also buying a flat bench (admittedly the optimal way to do flat benching) and swapping in and out between flat and incline, which would be annoying. And what if I don't like the decline either? I don't have room for three benches. I'm not even sure I have room for two.

So my current thinking is that I shouldn't take the FID gamble, and I should just get a top end 0-90 (and maybe buy a decline someday if I find I have room, or just live without it).

Of the 0-90 benches, one that looks particularly good to me is the Williams Strength S-D090B Signature 0-90 Bench. It appears to be the same as the top of the line EFS 0-90 bench (as it should since they make equipment for EFS), plus it removes the steps that I dislike. People seem to love the EFS, and I believe that praise would apply equally to the Williams, even if that's not what people have used. Small pad gap, small front end, near competition dimensions (a little high), 120 pounds, 7 gauge steel. I'm sure I'd be happy with it.

But the one I'm REALLY drooling on is the Power Lift Dumbbell Bench. There's virtually no gap due to some patented fiddly-bits. The adjustment arms look super solid and lock in place with a pop pin without actually putting their weight on the pop pin. The pad looks wide, I'm guessing competition width. Not sure about the height. And it just looks sexy as all hell to me. I need five minutes alone with that bench. It LOOKS like it's built like a tank, and I assume in this case the looks are more than skin deep. I wish I could find any feedback on it, but the company seems to have a solid reputation for top end equipment. I think I remember one comment from somewhere, which was that it was beyond commercial quality, but I'm not sure if and where I saw that. One was JUST up for sale on ebay (the one pictured below), but I didn't make a decision fast enough, and someone snapped it up.

Thoughts or further thoughts on any of these benches, and in particular on the Power Lift if anyone has used it? And does anyone happen to know the dimensions of it? Well, primarily the length and width of the pads, and height of the pad at the top?

I gather that Power Lift DOES sell to individuals, even if their primary business seems to be large installations like college athletic departments. It looks like the California sales rep is still Tony Tribolet (mentioned earlier in the thread). I assume he's the guy to talk to about dimensions and pricing. I'm composing an email now.

Yes, I know, try them all for myself and see what I think. But I'm a shut in, and that's never going to happen.

In other cost no object news, I'm about to use my shiny new Sorinex Calf/Tibia machine in anger for the first time. I'm expecting good things.
    Just a heads up alot of those benches are not 12" wide. I don't know which of your needs list have the most priority but I can tell you for me it's 3 things, back pad width (at least 12"), total height (between 16-18" max), and pad gap to a little bit of a lesser priority but it makes a huge difference so I do look for that. My favorite bench I've ever used is still the EFS 0-90 bench, it does have spotter stands on it and you said you didn't want those, but its a tank and has all the right dimensions. I did consider the legend bench but all their pad widths are 10" if I recall so I was turned off of them immediately.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I searched the thread but came up empty handed. Has anyone thought about the Sorinex Hurricane?

http://store.sorinex.com/Hurricane-w...-Bar-p/h-1.htm

I've been looking at a Nautilus Xpload Deadlift/Shrug, which is much more compact, but the versatility of the sorinex hurricane looks intriguing....

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    I searched the thread but came up empty handed. Has anyone thought about the Sorinex Hurricane?

http://store.sorinex.com/Hurricane-w...-Bar-p/h-1.htm

I've been looking at a Nautilus Xpload Deadlift/Shrug, which is much more compact, but the versatility of the sorinex hurricane looks intriguing....

Search again, it is in this thread in several places.

Bottom line, it was my most expensive 'regret' pieces. Let's put it another way. I sold it for about 45% off what I paid... the guy who bought it from me was trying to trade it away 2 weeks later. (that is also in this thread somewhere). If you can find a place to demo it, by all means demo it... However, I disliked it very much. I could not find a single use for it.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am re-arranging most of my equipment. So far I have moved 22 machines by myself. Moving a cable crossover (200lb. stacks) while it is still bolted together is a bit tricky. Anyway, I finally got the Medx pullover together and have been playing around with the settings. It is different (ISO) from other pullovers but it is a short learning curve. Just in the short time that I have used it, IMO, the Medx blows away all of the pullovers that I have ever used. I had planned on keeping the Nautilus plateloader as well, but I would not be surprised if I sold it one day. The Medx is that good.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

I wanted to share this information about my recent purchases. I decided to re-direct my Power Plus pullover, in addition to sending my newly acquired Power Plus 10 degree Pec Fly to Tim Ryan in Chicago. Tim has a great reputation in general, and excellent reputation in refurbishing equipment.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tim-ryan/8/53b/b27

http://www.precisionfitnessinc.com/a...aperville.html

In any case, I just don't feel like taking on any more projects, so I'll keep you updated. He is a great resource if you want something 're-manufactured' to brand new.

The plan is to make the frames white, black pads, but make the lever arms and moving parts crinkle black. Replace everything to brand new.

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I am re-arranging most of my equipment. So far I have moved 22 machines by myself. Moving a cable crossover (200lb. stacks) while it is still bolted together is a bit tricky. Anyway, I finally got the Medx pullover together and have been playing around with the settings. It is different (ISO) from other pullovers but it is a short learning curve. Just in the short time that I have used it, IMO, the Medx blows away all of the pullovers that I have ever used. I had planned on keeping the Nautilus plateloader as well, but I would not be surprised if I sold it one day. The Medx is that good.
    Can you demo one of those in Gainesville? That machine must take up some space. Glad to hear you like it! To think the price you got it for and the outstanding condition... Hell you may as well get new pads for sh its and giggles.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will bet the farm that you will really like both of those "can't miss" power plus pieces Chris.

Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Can you demo one of those in Gainesville?
    Yes, they have at least 4 of most every piece in the Medx strength lineup.

Tim has a great reputation in general, and excellent reputation in refurbishing equipment.
    I believe that he also specializes in rebuilding cams for machines, to change the strength curves........Chris, he may make your PP pieces into super-slow. lol.

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I believe that he also specializes in rebuilding cams for machines, to change the strength curves........Chris, he may make your PP pieces into super-slow. lol.

Yes, he can do that, however, we talked about that a while back. No changing the original cam.

http://www.rogersathletic.com/streng...d_machines.asp

By the way, looks like they are no longer making the shoulder. it is no longer listed. Looks like only the shoulder/incline/chest machine is being made now.

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SMCStrength View Post
    If pad gap is such a big issue, you're likely limited with your choices.

The Power Lift bench is really big and sturdy. It's a good bench. If you like that one, you may also like the UCS design as well.

Personally, the Nebula 1080 series of benches to me are the ideal of compact design, heavy duty, and very adjustable with plenty of angles. Their were a few pieces that Tom blasted out of the park, and this is one of them.

All the legend line of benches are pretty good values for the money. I think they make a decent product and have been building better stuff the last few years. Dealing with their design crew however is painfull...sort of like a cross between talking to my dog and the wall about equipment design, but I digress.

Rumor has it that the Nebula 1080 benches are soon to be released by Rogue...may be worth your while to wait and see what they release first.
    I'd forgotten about UCS! Yeah, that looks nice. 1/4" steel plate, 7 gauge, small gap, comes in yellow. I haven't found dimensions yet. The big drawback that I see is the wider front stance. But HealthNutMD got them to customize his GHD, and I don't see any design restrictions that would prevent a single foot in front and a wider stance in back to work better in my garage. Something for me to consider, even if it drives the price point even higher.

A-730123-AdjustableInclineBench-Yellow-Black.jpg

I'd heard that Rogue was coming out with their own version of the Nebula now that they own Nebula. The prototype picture I saw looked virtually identical to the Nebula, but I suppose the final product might be different. As you say, perhaps it's worth the short wait. But I think there's a fundamental design constraint at work, which is that since you have to be able to lie down and press from either side, both sides need a wide stance for stability, but that likely equates to instability on my garage floor. I doubt they'll come up with a way around that issue.

RogueBench-1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on the Power Lift bench. And if I get the Legend, it would just be a straight purchase, so I wouldn't need to deal with their "design" crew.

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was just going to say, I wonder why he did not include the Nebula 1080 bench, it is still my overall favorite, and the way it does decline is very amazing with that removeable foot pad--amazing. I like Rae Crowthers quality and got my 1080 bench from Hans.

On a completely different note, I would actually prefer 8 inch width pads for dumbbells. I don't like wide pads for dumbbell work.

http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...mbbell-Benches

Yes, UCS makes amazing stuff, but I'm not seeing any reason to purchase this bench over the Nebula 1080. Like Gene says, the design is just killer!
    I actually included the Nebula. It was even listed first, just with no picture because of the 6-picture limit, and because I rejected it for pad gap and front foot width. And then in regards to the Legend, I said "it feels like taking a step down from the Nebula." The Nebula looks like an amazing bench. It just doesn't look like the bench for me.

I understand what you're saying about dumbbells. I added some light incline dumbbell presses and flyes to today's leg workout while paying close attention. I think 10" width is probably ideal for me for dumbbells. I didn't feel like the bench was restricting my ROM or digging into my arms at all, and it felt like enough support. And when I slid over sideways a little, I could see how a 12" wide pad might be a little annoying. But I'd rather annoy myself with too wide on dumbbells than too narrow on flat barbell bench. I'm not sure why they even feel different to me, since it seems like it's the same arms going up and down motion, but it does seem different. I've never thought to myself "this bench is too wide" at 10 inches. I've frequently thought to myself "this bench is too narrow".
    Last edited by Maluket; 02-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.

anonymous
    way too many posts to read through but here's imo the absolute best machines EVER if you havent already considered them

Leg press - natilus plate loaded nitro horizontal leg press. I hate, hate leg presses because they chew up my knees. This one doesn't and the strength curve on it is awesome. The only downside is a slight wobble on the footplate if you place your feet too high or low.

Safety Squat machine - I have only ever seen this in gyms in Ontario, Canada but its basically a padded SSB attached to a free moving weight stack - it had handles you can hold or just do a regular SSB - one of the best squat subsitiutes ever.

Back - Hammer pulldown. The only hammer back peice that I feel has a good angle of motion - I tried and dislike all the others. This one is just perfect if one one arm at a time. The curl-grip pulldown is very good too but not quite as awesome as this one.

Chest - the old school hammer dip/bench combo machine.

I'd take a Max rack freemotion smith, a belt squat machine, a power squat, a nitro pulldown (plate loaded, the selectorized are garbage), and the current model hammer iso row and iso shoulder press (the older models have worse leverage and screwy strength curves I find)

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Just a heads up alot of those benches are not 12" wide. I don't know which of your needs list have the most priority but I can tell you for me it's 3 things, back pad width (at least 12"), total height (between 16-18" max), and pad gap to a little bit of a lesser priority but it makes a huge difference so I do look for that. My favorite bench I've ever used is still the EFS 0-90 bench, it does have spotter stands on it and you said you didn't want those, but its a tank and has all the right dimensions. I did consider the legend bench but all their pad widths are 10" if I recall so I was turned off of them immediately.
    Yeah, I know the incline benches tend to be narrower, and the same with many of the 0-90 benches. You're correct that the Legend is 10" wide, and it's also 18" off the ground. Competition dimensions aren't my top priority. I'm not a competitive powerlifter. I'm reasonably satisfied with the 10" width on my current bench. And anything lower than its 20" height has got to be an improvement. But yeah, I'd really prefer 12" wide and about 17" high.

Since Williams Strength very likely supplies the EFS 0-90 bench, I'm willing to bet their signature 0-90 bench is almost or exactly the same thing, just without the spotter steps. Everyone seems to agree with you that it's a great bench and built like a tank, which should make the Williams Strength version just about perfect for me. The Williams version has 12" wide pads at 18" up, but EFS says 17.5", and it wouldn't surprise me if they're exactly the same and Williams is rounding up. About all the Power Lift has on the Williams is that it removes the pad gap almost completely, and to my eyes, it's better looking. Those aren't big advantages, but hey, if I'm buying something for a lifetime, I don't want to have even small regrets. Lack of thorough reviews of the Power Lift do count against it, though.

Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    In other cost no object news, I'm about to use my shiny new Sorinex Calf/Tibia machine in anger for the first time. I'm expecting good things.
    The calf raise part of the Sorinex is perfect. Just perfect. I added 25 pounds to my max with no problem, and probably could have gone further if I hadn't been scared to pile on more weight. I'll get there. Just not today. Completely comfortable. Not even slight pain at 325 pounds, where my old machine (New York Barbells) hurt like hell at anything in the mid 200s and up. Totally solid. Great machine. I can't imagine a single thing that I'd want different. I'm trying not to be blown away, but I was blown away.

Tibia dorsi work seemed merely OK. But I've barely done any tibia dorsi flexion over the years, so simple weakness is probably a big part of the problem. The rest of the problem is probably the bushings, which have too much friction right now for the low weights being moved. They should loosen up over time, and the weights should get much higher, so I'm hoping it'll work out well.

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    way too many posts to read through but here's imo the absolute best machines EVER if you havent already considered them

Leg press - natilus plate loaded nitro horizontal leg press. I hate, hate leg presses because they chew up my knees. This one doesn't and the strength curve on it is awesome. The only downside is a slight wobble on the footplate if you place your feet too high or low.

There are a lot of 'good' leg presses on the market, but would not consider the nautilus plate loaded nitro falling into the BEST of BEST classification. See previous 3-4 pages or PAGE 130

Safety Squat machine - I have only ever seen this in gyms in Ontario, Canada but its basically a padded SSB attached to a free moving weight stack - it had handles you can hold or just do a regular SSB - one of the best squat subsitiutes ever.

Yes that does look very interesting. We have all been pimping the Pendulum Power Squat as the best bar squat substitute. That looks interesting as well, thanks for bringing it up. I also suggest you to take a look at the Pendulum Power Squat Pro, it is an amazing piece.

Back - Hammer pulldown. The only hammer back peice that I feel has a good angle of motion - I tried and dislike all the others. This one is just perfect if one one arm at a time.

I think it would be worth your time to read thru this thread. There are several clones of the Hammer pulldown: Power-Lift, Atlantis, etc... I believe the biomechincs are identical to the Hammer, but the companies making the clones of that piece have improved upon the Hammer Version. I strongly reccommend looking thru the thread. Yes, the Hammer pulldown biomechanics are highly regarded by many people-- the cloned versions look to have stepped it up with better features and quality.

I'd take a Max rack freemotion smith, a belt squat machine, a power squat, a nitro pulldown (plate loaded, the selectorized are garbage), and the current model hammer iso row and iso shoulder press (the older models have worse leverage and screwy strength curves I find)

We covered 3D smith machines in this thread. For belt Squat, I'd say Pit Shark with sumo base and full height is probably the best. There are lots of pulldowns to consider besides a nitro plate loaded. If you are talking about the Hammer iso Mid Row, I agree with you. Please see my Hammer Iso Mid row chest pad modification in this thread which I think anyone would like.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's a synopsis of my purchases to date with a wish list at the end. I'll rate these pieces from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best.

Nebula Vertical Leg Press- 4- hard to find piece and hits the quads/hams/glutes in a unique way.
    Hammer Strength Low Row- 5- Freakin' love it.
    Hammer Iso-Lateral Mid Row- 3/4- To much rear delt activation IMO but still a decent piece
    Atlantis Incline T-Bar Row- 2- Should've listened to Chris on this one, better options out there.
    Atlantis Smith Machine- 4- Super smooth and heavy duty. The Nebula Smith I sold had more ROM at the bottom and was much taller great for doing pull-ups/chins so the Nebula would be a 5 in my book.
    MedX Lateral Raise- 4- It's starting to grow on me but you would have to be nuts to pay full retail (4K) for it.
    Hammer Strength Rear Delt- 4- Recent pick-up (no longer produced by Life Fitness, much better than the Cybex rear delt).
    Nautilus XP Load Incline Press- 5- Great plateload incline chest press.
    Atlantis Lat Pulldown- 4- Well made, smooth, but I can't say I like it much better than say an Icarian/Precor Lat Pulldown.
    Cybex Kneeling Leg Curl- 5- Small footprint, awesome feel/movement.
    Star Trac Prone Leg Curl- 5- Recent pick-up. Great biomechanics, no complaints.
    Hammer Strength Horizonal Chest Press- 4- Great motion, would be perfect if they produced Hammer pieces with some adjustability.
    Hammer Front Lat Pulldown- 5- Freakin love it, just perfect! Although there's a million of these out there, I'll never sell or replace mine.
    Hammer Strength Dip 5- Great machine, maybe underrated by some?
    Hammer Strength Bicep 4.5- Always liked this machine, still do.

On the way, exactly when depends on Dave G.'s schedule;

Avenger Leg Press
    Westside Reverse Hyper
    Hammer Strength Pullover
    Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Shoulder Press

Wish list;
    Medx Pullover
    Medx Tricep (not dip)
    Leg Extension (just sold my cybex plate loader) Medx selectorized, Avenger, Strive plate load, or Legend selectorized.
    Nautilus One Abdominal

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

find)
    That squat machine is Awesome !!!! When I was repping for nebula Tom E sent my wife and I to a gym on the upper east side NYC called te Edge . Dennis Barry is the owner and a great guy he hand picked a lot of good machines. He had that and a deadlift type machine the company made. By the time i was ready to order mine they went out of buesness. I was pissed and been trying to find one used for about 5 years now. That Saftey squat was one of the best squat machines Ever made it was marketed "machines for people who dont like machines" Positrack natural balance squat machine. I still have the creators info some where I got to give him a call.
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 02-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Here's a synopsis of my purchases to date with a wish list at the end. I'll rate these pieces from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best.

Hammer Strength Dip 5- Great machine, maybe underrated by some?
    I agree with you. I think as far as dip machines go, the Hammer is still the best one. If there is a better one, nobody has really pointed it out. I think Flexhead liked the Precor, but that was the only one I have seen suggested as a possibility. Until I run into a better one, yes, the Hammer dip is still the best. Actually, not that you mention it... that should be on my future list (when I get more space).

I couldn't find any more images of this. So this is basically a 3D smith machine with a safety squat bar?

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I couldn't find any more images of this. So this is basically a 3D smith machine with a safety squat bar?
    I was curious too, search for Achieve Safety Squat. Attached 2 images

You can buy one near Toronto (Pickering) http://www.continentalfitness.com/st...fety_squat.htm
    Attached Images

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    I was curious too, search for Achieve Safety Squat. Attached 2 images

You can buy one near Toronto (Pickering) http://www.continentalfitness.com/st...fety_squat.htm
    The one I used was a very similar design but was made by a small company here in the US called Positrack I have photos i will find and post
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me, because I'm not the most social and this will complete the gym, I'm looking at the Northern Lights Leg Press/Hack Squat.

The Achieve Safety squat machine... just looks like a Smith machine with a safety squat bar... seems like a nice idea, however, the Power Squat Pro seems better. You can also adjust the strength curve on the Power Squat Pro. So I'm not seeing why anybody would want this machine in addition to a Pendulum Power Squat Pro.. Unless I am missing something...

Maybe what would be cool is a Nebula Smith machine with different bars you can swap in and out. Like being able to swap in a safety squat bar for the regular bar. Swapable bar types would make a smith machine more interesting. Too bad no companies seem to be into producing cost no object strength equipment. All of the custom and top tier boutique strength guys are gone
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-10-2013 at 12:13 PM.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Search again, it is in this thread in several places.

Bottom line, it was my most expensive 'regret' pieces. Let's put it another way. I sold it for about 45% off what I paid... the guy who bought it from me was trying to trade it away 2 weeks later. (that is also in this thread somewhere). If you can find a place to demo it, by all means demo it... However, I disliked it very much. I could not find a single use for it.
    Ok.. Hate to admit it, I was spelling hurricane wrong... Lol. Re-searched it, read pretty much everything I could find. I agree, it doesn't look to me to be the solution for chest presses or squats, which seemed to be where most of your complaints were.. I'm looking at it for 3 exercises only; deadlifts, shrugs, and Viking presses. Anyone have any opinions on these movements? I am thinking of either this or a Nautilus Xpload deadlift/shrug... Thanks!

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    question about a low pulley on a machine. could i attach it to my dip belt and stand with my back to it and do belt squats that way?
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Ok.. Hate to admit it, I was spelling hurricane wrong... Lol. Re-searched it, read pretty much everything I could find. I agree, it doesn't look to me to be the solution for chest presses or squats, which seemed to be where most of your complaints were.. I'm looking at it for 3 exercises only; deadlifts, shrugs, and Viking presses. Anyone have any opinions on these movements? I am thinking of either this or a Nautilus Xpload deadlift/shrug... Thanks!
    It seems like it would work for those, but I have no experience, so I'm only theorizing like you. But for deadlift, I suspect the deadlift is the best deadlift. For shrug, I like a shrugger/rickshaw, but you can use a hex bar. I suspect either would be better than the hurricane (or Nautilus) for shrugging.

Viking presses... hmmm...

Sideways on a rack with two barbells.
    Sideways on a rack with some sort of T-handle on a single barbell.
    Sideways on a rack with a free-spotter.
    Dual landmine rack attachment.
    Two landmine rack attachments.
    Single landmine attachment with T-handle.

But that long list of ways to maybe set it up tells me it's not a cost no object solution. Perhaps the hurricane is the cost no object viking press. On the other hand, you can buy viking press machines. Probably there's some dedicated viking press machine that is a better cost no object viking press machine than the hurricane.

Back on shruggers, here's mine, which I'm very happy with, since I got custom dimensions to fit me exactly.

But the "official" best of the best list shrugger is the EFS rickshaw, which is very adjustable and has multiple handle options, and I must admit the wide legs would be a little less scary when setting down hundreds of pounds with your feet right there:

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Maluket

Looking at the rickshaw, it seems to work nice as a regular shurg bar as well, have you ever tried detaching the loading-part of the rick shaw and used it for shurg-bar dead-lifts, or even when it isn't detached, as a partial shurg-bar dead, and what's your evaluation of these exercises in that case?

Closed Thread
Page 140 of 268 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 ... LastLast