Closed Thread
Page 136 of 268 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I won a Magnum Biangular PL Shoulder Press and a PL Incline Chest Press this week off of GovDeals. They aren't "best of the best" pieces but they are fused presses, in traditional body positioning, to compliment my Legend Leveredge ISO pieces. I will pick those up next week and I have another interesting "cost no object" piece that I will probably get in the next two weeks. I will say what it is once I have it in my posession....I also sold the Pendulum Neck.

http://www.usedgymequipment.com/equi...?bid=1&scid=36

I'm kinda curious to see what the XPLOAD bicep and tricep feel like. The Nautilus one bicep and tricep versions sucked, but the XPLOAD versions look better. IronGym mentioned his desire to check them out sometime. I suppose I could call these places in LA and hit them up next time I go to LA. A lot of times they don't have these pieces in stock.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My go-to guy at 26-Fitness was Gene Farmer but he either quit or was fired. He was giving me some good pricing too. I was learning what used pieces should go for as well. Now I have to start over building a relationship with Dave. They usually have more strength equipment and better pricing than Allfit. The owner is a go-getter at buying out gyms.
    Gene was "let go." The pricing at 26 Fitness is pretty darn good and they do keep a good bit of strength equipment in stock. Dave said the plate loaded stuff, particularly the better known brands like Hammer Strength and Cybex go pretty quick. Their hottest selling items though is the Precor AMT and Cybex Arc Trainer. Back in December they had about 3,000 pounds of Ivanko OM plates which, I believe he was selling for 75 cents a pound. Also had a fair bit of Troy PO plates, I believe for the same price. Plenty of Body Master stuff too, although that may not be the case now.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I'm kinda curious to see what the XPLOAD bicep and tricep feel like. The Nautilus one bicep and tricep versions sucked, but the XPLOAD versions look better. IronGym mentioned his desire to check them out sometime. I suppose I could call these places in LA and hit them up next time I go to LA. A lot of times they don't have these pieces in stock.
    Nautilus did not have the Xpload or the EVO (nitro) versions of those pieces when I visited. I would be interested in demoing those pieces. I am aiming to get the Hammer Strength MTS bicep and tricep machines when I find a used pair in great condition.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 02-01-2013 at 10:25 PM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Gene was "let go." The pricing at 26 Fitness is pretty darn good and they do keep a good bit of strength equipment in stock. Dave said the plate loaded stuff, particularly the better known brands like Hammer Strength and Cybex go pretty quick. Their hottest selling items though is the Precor AMT and Cybex Arc Trainer. Back in December they had about 3,000 pounds of Ivanko OM plates which, I believe he was selling for 75 cents a pound. Also had a fair bit of Troy PO plates, I believe for the same price. Plenty of Body Master stuff too, although that may not be the case now.
    Gene told me the easiest equipment to sell was LifeFitness Signature line. He usually had it sold before it came off of the trucks....I believe forum member "PaulieG" may have picked up a few hundred lbs. of those Ivankos this week.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I won a Magnum Biangular PL Shoulder Press and a PL Incline Chest Press this week off of GovDeals. They aren't "best of the best" pieces but they are fused presses, in traditional body positioning, to compliment my Legend Leveredge ISO pieces. I will pick those up next week and I have another interesting "cost no object" piece that I will probably get in the next two weeks. I will say what it is once I have it in my posession....I also sold the Pendulum Neck.
    Magnum is not bad stuff, certainly well built. Their racks and some of their plate loaded equipment is pretty darn good.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I won a Magnum Biangular PL Shoulder Press and a PL Incline Chest Press this week off of GovDeals.
    I've got the Magnum Biangular selectorized versions of the Press, Incline Press, and Shoulder Press and really like them
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Gene told me the easiest equipment to sell was LifeFitness Signature line. He usually had it sold before it came off of the trucks....I believe forum member "PaulieG" may have picked up a few hundred lbs. of those Ivankos this week.
    Yeah, the LF sig does go quickly and I noticed they keep it priced bit higher than the other comparable lines from other manufacturers

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I've got the Magnum Biangular selectorized versions of the Press, Incline Press, and Shoulder Press and really like them
    I always liked those Magnum Biangular presses so I decided that they would have a place in my gym. I will get the Magnum flat chest (great for standing shrugs) as well. There was one on Charlotte craigslist recently but it expired. Once the guy puts it back up, I will try to negotiate a better price for it. Although these are in great condition, I will probably restore them to match the Leveredge pieces.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always liked those Magnum Biangular presses so I decided that they would have a place in my gym. I will get the Magnum flat chest (great for standing shrugs) as well. There was one on Charlotte craigslist recently but it expired. Once the guy puts it back up, I will try to negotiate a better price for it. Although these are in great condition, I will probably restore them to match the Leveredge pieces.
    Eventually, I want to add some of the Leveredge pieces. I really liked the flat chest when I tried it in the Legend show room.

186lbs in Avatar

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought I would share this old voice mail from Tyler Hobson before I delete it from my cell phone from Nov 16th:

"I wanted to let you know that I am indeed working on the ultimate back machine and pec fly. I am working on both of those right now. Save your money, its going to be good. I had a lot of opinions on various angles of the fly: I believe they are making up for the inadequacies of the machine. You are just bringing in different muscle groups when you change the position of the hands, etc. I hope to have full pec activation and using my strength curve. It will only be one fixed angle."

I have a feeling that the pec fly is going to be better than the Nautilus Power Plus 10 degree and should be the best plate loaded pec fly ever made.

As far as the ultimate back machine, he seems to be working on a variant of a pullover machine. I remember talking to him after that voicemail, and this new 'ultimate back machine' sounds like a whole new kind of machine. It sounds like it will have similarities to a pullover, but will perhaps be more 'advanced' in technology/biomechanics.

Not sure how long the wait will be, but I'd guess 1.5 years.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-01-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Eventually, I want to add some of the Leveredge pieces. I really liked the flat chest when I tried it in the Legend show room.
    The three Leveredge I added to the cost no object list were the high row, flat horizontal bench, and incline bench. From what I can tell, the flat bench biomechanics are probably very similar to the Hammer Horizontal Iso-lateral bench press; however, the Leveredge offers pre-stretch adjustments (and longer weight horns). If the biomechanics of the leveredge flat bench are at least as good as the Hammer horizontal iso-lateral, then by all means it must be very good. I was hoping to confirm that someday. Certainly, the ability to adjust prestretch is a huge deal and would be a major advantage over that Hammer version. Nonetheless, need to 'feel' that machine for myself.

Hans is in the process of making the Nebula flat and Nebula Incline, so in about 6-8 weeks, I'd take a drive up to his showroom and demo those.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nautilus did not have the Xpload or the EVO (nitro) versions of those pieces when I visited. I would be interested in demoing those pieces. I am aiming to get the Hammer Strength MTS bicep and tricep machines when I find a used pair in great condition.
    I've got the mts bicep and tricep for sale. Pm me if your interested.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I demoed the nitro bicep several years ago. The weight stack of the machine I tried was not adequate. From what I remember it felt right, but its been many years and I haven't seen one since. As healthnutmd mentioned I'm really anxious to try the Xpload version, but I do t know of any gyms locally that have it. And for the cost of flying to California or North Carolina, I'd be better off just finding a good deal on a used piece. If I don't like it I can always sell it... And now the search is on.

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    WOW, those look awesome! You must really be really counting the days!
    You bet I am! Can't wait to get them here and not have to worry about loose dumbbells any more! I've coveted these dumbbells for as long as I've owned my gym, but I could never justify the $15k+ price tag. I was very close to financing new ones when this deal came up. So glad I waited.

Anyone know where I can find a used woodway curve? Contemplating financing a new one of those too...

Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    I demoed the nitro bicep several years ago. The weight stack of the machine I tried was not adequate. From what I remember it felt right, but its been many years and I haven't seen one since. As healthnutmd mentioned I'm really anxious to try the Xpload version, but I do t know of any gyms locally that have it. And for the cost of flying to California or North Carolina, I'd be better off just finding a good deal on a used piece. If I don't like it I can always sell it... And now the search is on.
    I'd like to try one... Manual sounds interesting.

They have an XL curve also...

http://www.woodway.com/performance/c...rformance.html

Big difference between Curve and Curve XL!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-02-2013 at 01:02 AM.

You can actually change the Woodway Desmo and I imagine the other models into unpowered treadmills. I forget exactly how you do it but it isnt hard. The huge track on the Desmo is heavy and kinda awkward to move in the unpowered mode.

You can actually change the Woodway Desmo and I imagine the other models into unpowered treadmills. I forget exactly how you do it but it isnt hard. The huge track on the Desmo is heavy and kinda awkward to move in the unpowered mode.
    Hmmm... I guess the manual modes on those are not as good as the curve. I guess a cost no object Gym would have a Woodway Curve XL, a Woodway ELG and a Cybex Arc Trainer. :-O !!

This ELG looks BAD ASS:

Now that is cost no FN object!! I can only imagine how much that costs... $15K or $19K ?? I'll have to check... that is SICK.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-02-2013 at 01:20 AM.

I think the Desmo was like $10,500-$11,500 new. The extra width track on the Desmo is sweet. The width of the ELG is insane. You could roller skate train on that beast.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 02-02-2013 at 01:44 AM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

http://www.strivefit.com/strivefit/p...p122/index.htm

Don't forget to demo this Strive Extreme Row if you get a chance. I wanted to spend more time with it, but Strive closed their gym. Its one of those unique machines you might really like. I tried it a couple times but I felt I need to spend more time with it to make a decision.

I have 2 paths and had two mercurys. I recently sold the mercurys to make room for a curve. Honestly, for 99% of people the path is more treadmill than they could need. When I purchased the paths about 4 years ago I paid just over $8k each, no tv screens, programs, iPod docks, etc. just bullet proof treadmills that rarely if ever fail. In the 4 years I have had one circuit board issue that was fixed no charge. This was quite a change from my life fitness treadmills where one or two were down EVERY MONTH! In a small gym where I only had 4 treadmills this was not acceptable. I had purchased the paths new, and after a couple years I picked up some used mercurys. The mercurys were made in 2002. According to wood ways used treadmill guide the belts as I sold them last week still have over 90% life left! My paths having been my primary treads for 4 years show very little wear. I cannot say enough good things about woodway. I just wished they looked a little nicer, the plastic sides don't have the appearance of the best treadmills money can buy, but in this case it's what's inside that counts. And with that I will say goodnight!

http://www.strivefit.com/strivefit/p...p122/index.htm

Don't forget to demo this Strive Extreme Row if you get a chance. I wanted to spend more time with it, but Strive closed their gym. Its one of those unique machines you might really like. I tried it a couple times but I felt I need to spend more time with it to make a decision.
    There is one on Ebay currently for $699 OBO. Too far away for me to demo. I have a friend that really likes the Strive extreme row. The positioning that it actually places you into looks like a seated low to mid row. Am I correct in that assumption? It would have to be just an awesome piece for me to favor it over the Avenger row.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 02-02-2013 at 02:26 AM.

I have 2 paths and had two mercurys.
    One has a wider but shorter belt (Path) and the other has a longer belt but lesser width (Mercury). I think that I would prefer the wider belted Path. Which did you prefer?.... A Woodway would last forever in a home gym setting as long as the belts were checked periodically for proper tracking.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 02-02-2013 at 04:10 AM.

I've got the Nautilus Nitro Bicep and Tricep. I like them, but I consider the movements to be more of a finishing type move. Due to limited space, mine have been on loan to a friend in Atlanta. Its been over a year since I've used them.
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 02-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.

186lbs in Avatar

You bet I am! Can't wait to get them here and not have to worry about loose dumbbells any more! I've coveted these dumbbells for as long as I've owned my gym, but I could never justify the $15k+ price tag. I was very close to financing new ones when this deal came up. So glad I waited.

Anyone know where I can find a used woodway curve? Contemplating financing a new one of those too...
    Irongym,

You may want to contact Woodway directly. Sometimes a manufacturer gets a return for whatever reason and they are willing to come down in price. That happened with a two tiered dumbbell rack I got directly from Cybex. It was returned shortly after going to a facility, because the owner decided he wanted a three tiered rack and so it was switched out. I got essentially a dumbbell rack for about the third of the price and for all practical purposes it was still new. Just a suggestion.

The Curve is a very nice piece, but it is geared toward sport specific facilities. Not many of them are going into your typical commercial gym so there is not that turnover you get with the typical commercial cardio pieces. So it will probably be hard to track one down.

Athlete Fit, a very nice athletic/ sports training facility (focus is on Soccer, Volleyball, Football and Basketball) located in Overland, Kansas is an example of such a facility. They carry the Curve and use it extensively in their program. Here is a link to that facility with some of their equipment:
    http://soccerfitacademy.com/facilitiesprograms/

Athletes Performance is another top flight program that uses the Curve extensively: Here is a video to how that use it as a metabolic conditioning tool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E8rK...r-4u-A&index=6

And of course, a number of collegiate, professional athletic programs carry the Curve (as well as other Woodway treads).
    Last edited by Skyaura; 02-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.

One has a wider but shorter belt (Path) and the other has a longer belt but lesser width (Mercury). I think that I would prefer the wider belted Path. Which did you prefer?.... A Woodway would last forever in a home gym setting as long as the belts were checked periodically for proper tracking.
    Most people I've noticed prefered the path, once they got used to the appearance of the shorter deck. The first few times it feels like there's not enough belt. Once that goes away the path feels roomier. Honestly I don't think it's really that important as most people's foot falls are close together, not bow legged. I haven't seen John Wayne on any of the woodways, lol. Personally I've always gravitated to the path because they are newer than he mercurys. The desmo has the length of the mercury and the width of the path, so problem solved if you have trouble deciding. As far as the curve and curve xl, I wonder how they compare.

I have 2 paths and had two mercurys. I recently sold the mercurys to make room for a curve. Honestly, for 99% of people the path is more treadmill than they could need. When I purchased the paths about 4 years ago I paid just over $8k each, no tv screens, programs, iPod docks, etc. just bullet proof treadmills that rarely if ever fail. In the 4 years I have had one circuit board issue that was fixed no charge. This was quite a change from my life fitness treadmills where one or two were down EVERY MONTH! In a small gym where I only had 4 treadmills this was not acceptable. I had purchased the paths new, and after a couple years I picked up some used mercurys. The mercurys were made in 2002. According to wood ways used treadmill guide the belts as I sold them last week still have over 90% life left! My paths having been my primary treads for 4 years show very little wear. I cannot say enough good things about woodway. I just wished they looked a little nicer, the plastic sides don't have the appearance of the best treadmills money can buy, but in this case it's what's inside that counts. And with that I will say goodnight!
    They are tanks. At one of our facilities we carry a number of Woodway Desmos. It is a very good tread. As for the TV screens, programs, air conditioners, latte machines :-) that seem to come with these new high end treadmills, Woodway has addressed that with the Desmo Elite and 4Front.

Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hello to all, its been a while since I have been on here, been extremely busy at the shop, so I'm going back now and reading a lot of the comments and questions, so I plan on getting back with all of you.

Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Regeneration has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Chris, We are going to shorten the drive rod and the weight arm jack, for you, but, please keep in mind, that is only going to give you maybe 1 inch MAX. To be able to get any more ROM out of the footboard would take more then we would way to tackle. Getting the weight arm to drop down lower is not the problem, getting the footboard to come in closer, is. Now I did talk to our guys, and we did come up with an idea, and that would be to lengthen the footboard weldment. Me or Ken can talk to you about this on the phone, we just came up with this idea this past week.

And I have to comment on the embroidery, (and this is coming from me, Ricky, not Regeneration) Yes, I got it to low from what we were wanting, we wanted it on the top. Which the first Leg Press we did we put it more toward the middle. And yes, mistakes are made, after 15 years of manufacturing exercise machines, 12 years with Medx and 3 years with Regeneration, yes, you are right, in manufacturing, mistakes are made. We are now looking at going with a wrap, that will have the embroidery on it and cover the pad at what ever spot we decide.
    He is no doubt going to be a bit sensitive about it, but even if I get another 2 inches on the footplate, I want it. I want the ability to go Metal on metal where they hit. I can always use the crank to back it off metal on metal where it hits. That way I can always get out something to make a groove if desired to squeeze out even more. Either way, I hope he doesn't get too sensitive on this becasue he might be almost completed with a few others and may not want to change? That embroidery is a shame. this is why I drive manufacturers crazy because there seems to be mistakes all the time. I triple and quadruple check. Drives me nuts....

Right now Hans won't even call me even though I requested him to do so. I want to be involved in the refurb process of those units. He says he is too busy to call... but he wasn't too busy when I flew down to LA, and drove them back in the rain 6 hours in a UHAUL.

Greg, It was great to meet you, and we are excited that you are happy with your Avenger Leg Press. As you can see above what I wrote Chris, to shorten the drive rod will lower the weight arm, but will only give you about 1 inch bringing the footboard to you.

We are working on an order for some new Avenger T-Shirts, ill be sure to get a few sent out to you. [QUOTE=deadwoodgregg;1013003613]I am very pleased with the "Regeneration" Avenger leg press. The three seat settings really sets this machine apart from the rest. I use the "squat' position the least, so far, which is understandable because I have the Pendulum power squat. The Avenger is so smooth that you have to watch to keep from building momentum and "slamming" the weight up. I like slow, not H-I-T slow, controlled reps with longer sets (10-30 reps). The new seat is better than the original. Ricky accidentally got the Regeneration embroidering on the seat too low, but no biggie. I don't use the new adjustable ROM arm crank. That didnt turn out as planned. For this feature to work for increased ROM, the arm needed to be a few inches shorter so one could then be able to use the crank to lengthen the arm back to the "original" length and original ROM. I got some large size grip tape to recover the entire footplate as it comes with 2 strips that covers most but not all of the footplate. I do not yet feel comfortable using the Avenger for single leg work. The Hammer H-Squat is superior for single leg work.

Hi TJ, Heard a lot of good things about you, from Ken and Ron. We are currently working on the "production" ROW as I speak. Hope to have them wrapped up in the next few weeks. We have talked to Gregg about possibly working something out to be able to look at his Proto machines, and maybe manufacture a few of them. Getting all this feedback on here is awesome. Helps us to know in what direction to go as in which machines to work on and manufacture.

In the past I briefly used the production model avenger row but never had the opportunity to get a true workout using it. Yesterday I got to train on one and really got some good sets in.

I like the proto type row with the unique Handels Along with the fused or isolateral option . This machine is very diffrent from any other row i have used . I am surprised no one else bought the last one and only other one ever made. The proto type

is very different from the production model row. Not only the handels but The proto type starts off light and gets much harder as you get to the contracted position . I allways liked that and found it very challenging. The production model row seems to be just the opposite starting off harder and as you get into the end of the rep gets a little easier. Normally I would not like this but after several sets I really appreciated it because I was able to really focuse on getting a deep contraction . I can see why many people like it so much. Dave Goalder is picking up the production model avenger row for me any day. It will be several weeks before i have it but it will be nice to have both rows to chose from. At this time I can not say what machine I like better . The proto type avenger does not have the well built linkage system like the production model but is a very simple design . My back has responded very well to the past few weeks an everyone i have trained or trained with has liked it very much. Good news is that Regeneration is in the process of making some new rows right now. It would also be nice if Ken considered to make some of the proto types as well. I will be sure to speak with him about this .[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread
Page 136 of 268 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast