Closed Thread
Page 128 of 268 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It doesn't change what is needed: aerobic conditioning in conjuction with ab training. As you know- c-section cuts a small transverse incision very low in the abs, near the insertion just above the pubic region.... got to get those abs strongs again. However, if she truly has some loose skin, that is usually only treatable by a plastic surgeon tummy tuck.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    It doesn't change what is needed: aerobic conditioning in conjuction with ab training. As you know- c-section cuts a small transverse incision very low in the abs, near the insertion just above the pubic region.... got to get those abs strongs again. However, if she truly has some loose skin, that is usually only treatable by a plastic surgeon tummy tuck.
    But diet and ab work should help out quite a bit?

She also complains about it being wrinkly... I guess from the stretch marks. Hate to veer off topic for a minute, but anything for that?
    #FreeCryptoBandit

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XPmpnII View Post
    But diet and ab work should help out quite a bit?

She also complains about it being wrinkly... I guess from the stretch marks. Hate to veer off topic for a minute, but anything for that?
    Very familiar with what you are talking about. Diet, aerobic, and ab work are always 'good'. However, from what you are describing, that stretched skin is likely permanent feature, especially if a year has gone by already. That what you describe is not fat or ab related, it is stritcly skin related. Diet, aerobic, and ab workout still always reccomended, but ultimately, only a small tummy tuck may provide the removal of the wrinkled skin. If you are going to put some more seeds in her uterus, I'd probably wait until you finish the family and then consider tummy tuck after the family is finished. Not like it is an emergency, but something to keep in mind in future because that loose skin is unlikely to change to her satisfaction. Well, give the proper eating, aerobic condtioning, and strength training a go... but keep tummy tuck in mind as it may be something to consider in the future.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If loose skin is the real issue, I'm going to have to agree with Healthnut about plastic surgery probably being the only real treatment. I have no experience training someone whose had a C section, so I don't know what restrictions and/or additional precautions might be necessary.

I only asked the question to make sure your wife wasn't thinking that crunches or situps would carve a set of abs out of a stomach that wasn't already lean. Too many infomercials make people think that they can lose weight and have a set of washboard abs from some simple stomach exercises.

Personally, I'm not a big proponent of direct abdominal training. I never work them directly, yet when my bodyfat is low enough (a little lower than my avatar) i have a decent set of abs. I personally think that higher reps sets (lightweight or bodyweight) of compound leg exercises such as squats and lunges do more to uncover abdominal muscles than crunches or situps. Squats and lunges burn far more calories which will help uncover the abs and both movements also engage the abs. Of course, this is just one persons opinion, but I believe it may be shared by others.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Personally, I'm not a big proponent of direct abdominal training. I never work them directly, yet when my bodyfat is low enough (a little lower than my avatar) i have a decent set of abs. I personally think that higher reps sets (lightweight or bodyweight) of compound leg exercises such as squats and lunges do more to uncover abdominal muscles than crunches or situps. Squats and lunges burn far more calories which will help uncover the abs and both movements also engage the abs. Of course, this is just one persons opinion, but I believe it may be shared by others.
    Very true as well as 90% + nutrition
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If loose skin is the real issue, I'm going to have to agree with Healthnut about plastic surgery probably being the only real treatment. I have no experience training someone whose had a C section, so I don't know what restrictions and/or additional precautions might be necessary.

I only asked the question to make sure your wife wasn't thinking that crunches or situps would carve a set of abs out of a stomach that wasn't already lean. Too many infomercials make people think that they can lose weight and have a set of washboard abs from some simple stomach exercises.

Dumb.Bell,

Agreed on the exercises. Ground based movements such as the squat, deadlift, lunge, push press are going to engage the core much more and be more beneficial than doing a crunch/ situp. Other exercises that you could include are some rotational exercises such as a standing cable wood chop, cable push/pull rotation or barbell rotation (side to side) using a landmine. Add stabilization exercises such as a plank, plank walkup or barbell or ab roller rollout and you will have hit that mid-section pretty well. Met-Con will certainly torch the fat.

Obviously, all of this is dependent on the medical restrictions and precautions that have been given. Certainly would not want to get a hernia.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Equipment run.....1250 miles driven in 28 hrs. Got alot done and learned alot. Extremely tired. Will post some pics tomorrow.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Equipment run.....1250 miles driven in 28 hrs. Got alot done and learned alot. Extremely tired. Will post some pics tomorrow.
    awesome
    reminds me of my 2k mile craigslist trip to chicago and back
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    awesome
    reminds me of my 2k mile craigslist trip to chicago and back
    5-Hour Energy.....I know they aren't good for you and I only use them on long driving trips. Never had used more than 1 before as they work so well on me. This time I drank 3. The last one did not work and I had to stop and take a 30 min. nap. Man am I getting old.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5-Hour Energy.....I know they aren't good for you and I only use them on long driving trips. Never had used more than 1 before as they work so well on me. This time I drank 3. The last one did not work and I had to stop and take a 30 min. nap. Man am I getting old.
    On a long drive I usually listen to radiolab.org podcasts. They do quality programs on science, etc, with good entertaining discussions. NPR runs their materials quite often. Other than that I listen to classical music. It's the best relaxing music to me. Driving gives to me time to think about on my life and reflect on things around me.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Next time you do this you just need to call me and we could split the driving up. I prefer a caffeine and ephedrine stack.

186lbs in Avatar

I need to sell my Hammer Super Incline by the last week in Jan, on or before Dave Goalder Arrives. First offer of $700.00 gets it. (Shipping of course is $400.00 inside delivery by Dave Goalder unless local pickup or meeting half way is possible.) (My cost was $2,000 and identical to brand new).
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-09-2013 at 10:21 AM.

What state does Dave Goalder work out of?

186lbs in Avatar

What state does Dave Goalder work out of?

http://goaldertransportation.blogspot.com/

http://www.********.com/pages/Goalde...163929?sk=info

Dave is a game changer... so happy to have become aquainted with his services. 100% piece of mind, inside delivery, true professional who specializes in moving fitness equipment.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i didn't take any energy drinks for my trip. i swear i felt like i just ended up in chicago after leaving ndmike99's place and i didn't know how i got there
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://goaldertransportation.blogspot.com/

http://www.********.com/pages/Goalde...163929?sk=info

Dave is a game changer... so happy to have become aquainted with his services. 100% piece of mind, inside delivery, true professional who specializes in moving fitness equipment.
    Thank you for posting the info. Would guess you have posted it before, but travel some and don't check forums for a while. Will keep that in mind, as well as pass it along.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #40 []---[]

Next time you do this you just need to call me and we could split the driving up. I prefer a caffeine and ephedrine stack.
    You would have had a great time using all of the equipment at Gainesville Health and Fitness. Medx, X-Force, and the Avenger lines are not commonly seen equipment at regular gyms. I got there at 5am and there were already 200-300 cars in the parking lot.

You would have had a great time using all of the equipment at Gainesville Health and Fitness. Medx, X-Force, and the Avenger lines are not commonly seen equipment at regular gyms. I got there at 5am and there were already 200-300 cars in the parking lot.

Look forward to hear about your trip.

The little bit I dabbled with the X-Force stuff, I didn't see anything I would purchase. Maybe you spent a lot more time with them this time around so that you could spend a decent amount of time with each machine. As far as Xforce, the seemed to be heavily designed upon Nautilus XPLOAD or Nautilus Frames from what I recall. By using their machines, it forces you to pause at the top for a second while the weight stack flips, which is fine with me. Biomechanically however, nothing jumped out at me as awesome/cost no object--however, I did not spend nearly enough time with them. I think you'd practically have to spend a month using those machines to see if any of the XForce grew on you. On another note, the weight stack is supposed to be 40% heavier on the negative, but in reality, I guess it doesn't feel all that much heavier than on the way up. I wish the negatives could be heavier. Its an interesting concept, but so far I don't want to purchase any of those machines. I'll have to spend a good solid 1-2 days there next time.

I think we covered the Avengers fairly well. Ken says he is not really into Iso-Lateral, so I doubt he will make any iso-lateral designs in the Avenger series.

In regards to NON-MODIFIED Med-X Selectorized machines, I am anxious to get your opinion on which machines you liked. In particular, Harris raved about that tricep extention, so looking forward to hear about that. Seems to me that the only worthwhile pieces in the Med-X line are: Tricep extension, Vertical chest, and Leg extension. Look forward to see which of the selectorized MedX selectorized pieces you consider cost no object worthy.

On another note: one of our forum members (who will remain anonymous) gave me their thoughts on the entire line of Star Trac Plate Loaded (he was recently able to demo the entire line): He raves about the Decline plate loaded. He really liked the decline press, incline press, shoulder press, and biceps. However, he states "The hi row, pulldown, and mid row were probably the worst plate loaders I've ever tried" Additionally, "the vertical chest was ok but not nearly as good as decline and incline". "Decline is the best chest plate loader I have ever used beside the Avenger. The Star Trac is great and has an outstanding downward motion".

Anyway, food for thought for those who like the Hammer Vertical Decline chest, it sounds like the Star Trac unit blows it away. As you know a lot of people like the Hammer Decline--from what I am hearing, the Star Trac decline is something we should all make an attempt to demo. I thought the Star Trac vertical chest and shoulder plate loaders were good enough to be on the cost no object list, so it sounds like we should also be trying to demo the Incline and decline as well.

'On paper' (looks wise and from using the Star Trac selectorized mid row) I thought that the Star Trac mid row would be great, but sounds like he did not like it... goes to show how looks can be deceiving, and nothing substitutes a demo.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-09-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Due to my limited space, I might consider parting with the Pendulum Shoulder/Chest/Incline only because I have found at least 3 vertical chest cost no object pieces, 3+ incline chest cost no object pieces, and 3+ cost no object shoulder pieces. Given all of the recent finds, Its one of the last pieces I might consider selling. Although I might be making a mistake. I'd thought I'd at least throw it out there, but no way would I discount it more than 30-35% off what I paid, it is brand new. TJ seems to have a lot of experience with this unit. My thought is that I will have so many chest, incline chest, and shoulder machines, I'm thinking I might be able to part with this machine. I never thought I would, and I'm not sure if it would be a mistake, but I would entertain good offers--offers that make sense-- i.e, 30-35% of what I paid. This machine is too good to let go at 50% off brand new... I'm not 100% sure I want to do that, but I'm going to put it out there. It is an awesome machine, and I do like the massive 3 dimensional adjustability, but I've just got so many other cost no object machines coming that fill the same role. TJ, what exercise did you mention you like using that machine with? It is a badass machine, very unique... Its just that I'm starting to split cost no object hairs now... I still need to make room for a couple more pieces it seems.

In any case, this is the only machine that is capable of performing cost no object chest, incline chest, and shoulder all in one machine, and also allowing for you to adjust every possible aspect. It is iso-lateral, and essentially infinitely adjustable. So you can pick the exact angle of incline chest you want for example.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.

I agree with Chris on the X-Force conclusion. They are very interesting works of engineering and are very challenging. Fun to play around on but I dont think that I would ever purchase one even if I won the lottery. For some reason, they used larger grips on some of the X-Force machines, which may be the correct thing to do biomechanically, but I think that I would have preferred smaller grips especially since you deal with heavier weights while using these machines.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-10-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Medx demo

Just my thoughts on a quick 2 1/2 hour demo of the Medx line. Ideally, I wish Ken Kepler could have taken me on this demo as he knows these machines capabilities and their many adjustments. Most of these machines were a little older, I believe, and might not be the lastest designs. I will say that all of the Medx strength machines are at least pretty good as there are no duds. In general, if the Medx piece has an Avenger counterpart, I would rather have the Avenger. The gym that I went to is very busy and some of these machines were well used and quite frankly just wore out even after being overhauled 9 months ago. Point is that Medx selectorized will show wear when an Avenger should last alot longer........I can answer questions concerning any machine but IMO only six pieces are worthy of mention on the "best of the best list". 1) Leg Extension 2) Seated Leg curl 3) Leg Press 4) Low Back Extension 5) Pullover 6) tricep. The ISO pullover was easily the most interesting for me. I quickly got used to this design and would really like to have one. It might take some time to get used to pulling the same weight as I do on my regular pullover. If this pullover was offered in a fused/ISO combo it would no doubt be the best pullover made.............The tricep is simply the best tricep made. I wish Ken had been there to show me the best body positioning setup, but I played around with it and think that I got it pretty close. I too was unable to keep my elbows on the pads the entire rep. This thing gives you a super pump. I think the handles could have been shaped into a better positioning though.......I was more impressed with the seated leg curl and leg extension after I went over to Ken's gym and he showed me why they are better than the Nautilus One machines. He has a brand new complete Nautilus One line not being used next door. Medx machines are cammed to alter the strength curve, but Ken showed me a pin on the inside (easily accesible) that can further change the cam with 3 different positions to control the amount of falloff desired toward the end of a rep. Also, the leg curl seat is on (free floating) rollers to allow for proper body movement during a rep on the seated version......One last thing, if I ever bought a piece of Medx, it would have to be either new, redone by Ken, or in really good condition.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-10-2013 at 06:52 AM.

I also went back and demoed the Avengers that I don't have. I still would not consider the lateral raise in best of the best catagory. I really wanted to like it. I don't think Ken will make this piece as he is of the same opinion. Confirmed my opinion that the leg extension is ever so slightly better than the Strive plateloader. Ultimately, I may keep my Strive PL even over the Medx selectorized....maybe. I was not as high on the converging chest as I was the last visit so I would place it fourth best Avenger on my list but I would still like to get one used. I don't think Ken will be making any ISO/fused Avengers in the near future. He will be making at least two pullovers.

I got there at 5am and there were already 200-300 cars in the parking lot.
    Those are some dedicated individuals!!

186lbs in Avatar

Gregg,

1) My plan for the future would be to get a MedX Selectorized leg extenstion to go alongside the Strive plate loaded Leg Extension. Did you try to do the stack on the MedX selectorised? Is the weight stack adequate?

2) Good to hear about the MedX selectorized tricep, sounds like an awesome piece. Does Steve have one of those?

3) I'd say seated curls are my least favorite of the 4 types (Prone, kneeling both my favorite, followed by standing, and then seated last). I'll have to give the MedX seated a good try. Look forward to try that unique MedX Selectorized ISO pullover- yes it is a shame they do not make it fuseable. Did you get to use an Avenger pullover?

4) Steve has the MedX Avenger vertical chest and the selectorized vertical chest, he says he likes both, but he hasn't tried the Atlantis pieces, including the old school Atlantis vertical chest I found in their showoom :-) (that they are ressurecting for me). Now I also have the Nebula pieces which are amazing, so much so I sold the Hammer iso horizontal. In any case, sounds like there is no reason to get a selectorized MedX vertical chest becasue the Avenger is overall better and there are quite a few cost no object chest machines now. I'm really excited about the Nebula pieces I sent to Hans. You guys should consider getting those units becasue he is making 100% accurate CAD drawings with the units I sent to him. I just need to find the rest in that series. Would love to find the shoulder in that old school Nebula series. Would love to see a picture of it and any other pieces from that line.

5) Does anyone know the best place to get Nautilus replacement pads? I have heard the replacement pads directly from Nautilus are way overpriced, but I'd like to see how overpriced...

sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtncasello has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nautilus Pads

5) Does anyone know the best place to get Nautilus replacement pads? I have heard the replacement pads directly from Nautilus are way overpriced, but I'd like to see how overpriced...
    Sorry for not having enough posts to directly link, but for Nautilus pad replacements, you might want to try:
    Fullcirclepadding dot Com
    Or Bill Casto at IFR dot NET and ask what he suggests.

Chris, Florida State has an Avenger pullover. On the Medx leg extension, I cant remember what the stack went to but I think 300lbs. A good starting weight for me is 200 on the Medx and I am the weakest person on this forum. I doubt that it would have enough stack for you or TJ.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One other cool piece worth mentioning from my demo is the Hammer MTS bicep curl. I have never spent any time on this style of bicep machine but was pleasantly surprised by the Hammer. Really smooth and they got the biomechanics right. I cant imagine that one of the early Nautilus curls could be this good. This is not a core machine to have in a gym, but it is really nice. Definately a luxuary gym piece.

Been a while since I posted here. Patiently waiting on all of my new equipment to arrive. Looks like I should be seeing everything by the end of next week.

I have several bicep machines, including the Hammer MTS Bicep, Nautilus 1st gen Multi-bicep, Nautilus 1st Gen spider cam plate load bi/tri, Nautilus 1st gen spider cam compound bicep, and Apex selectorized bicep. Ranking them, I would have the Nautilus 1st gen Compound as the absolute best, followed by the multi bicep (it hurts my elbows though, but I'm the only one that complains of that). The Hammer bicep is good, but I would rank it 3rd behind the 2 Nautilus. The Compound Nautilus loses out a bit on being tight for bigger guys to get into, but the action is just so much better than anything else I've tried it more than makes up for it. The old bi/tri plate loader, while many love the bicep end, I never have, but I really like the tricep movement, when modified by holding a short cambered cable attachement. I don't like arm machines where there is nothing to grip, and I plan to modify a Hammer Strength plate load tricep to have a cambered handle.

In closing, 1st Gen Nautilus Compound is incredible (cost no object in my book) and Hammer MTS bicep is great. I have the Nautilus bi/tri and Hammer MTS for sale too, just not enough space for everything...

Chris, Florida State has an Avenger pullover. On the Medx leg extension, I cant remember what the stack went to but I think 300lbs. A good starting weight for me is 200 on the Medx and I am the weakest person on this forum. I doubt that it would have enough stack for you or TJ.
    I'd like to find out if an additional 100 lb (or more??) can be added by MedX.

So far it sounds like I would be interested in the MedX Selectorized tricep extension (to go along side my Cybex VR3Heavystack) and a MedX selectorized Leg extension to go along side the Strive.

I'm assuming the MedX arm extention is adequate? Or would I have to get more on the stack for that? (First need to find out what can be added, and if that is possible).

There are limits on how much you can add because the top the stack will end up hitting the top of the frame at max movement.

Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Ranking them, I would have the Nautilus 1st gen Compound as the absolute best, followed by the multi bicep (it hurts my elbows though, but I'm the only one that complains of that).
    Can you post a pic of those two units?

Originally Posted by sgtncasello View Post
    Sorry for not having enough posts to directly link, but for Nautilus pad replacements, you might want to try:
    Fullcirclepadding.Com
    Or Bill Casto at IFR dot NET and ask what he suggests.
    www.fullcirclepadding.com

Yes, I talk to Bill here and there. He is the one who brokered by Avenger Leg Press.

I was just wondering how much the Pads cost from Nautilus. Seems there are a few numbers for Nautilus. I'll talk to Bill as well as a guy named Tim Ryan from Chicago (with whom I've spoken to in the past). Tim is apparently an excellent refurb guy.

I'm just curious how much some replacement pads are from Nautilus. I heard they are priced rediculously high, but would like to know.

Closed Thread
Page 128 of 268 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast