Closed Thread
Page 108 of 268 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    Tk standing leg curl from about 1990's completely reconditioned and an earlie model flex kneeling leg curl reconditioned as well. I have only seen 3 other standing leg curls made by TK and each one he made slighty diffrent. I have been on a mission to find a few more select pieces that he made in the past but people dont want to get rid of them or people just don't knowthis great they are and many times they get scrapped . I got about 20 + hours in each of them. It is very time consuming to strip down , get powder coated, sand blasted, clean all parts replace cabels, decals and much more. It was well worth the time isolate the hamstrings like no other machines I have used. Not the best overall hamstring machines but great finishing movements wich you can focuse on each leg independently getting deep in the muscle.

Yes, which is why the hamflexor/star trac kneeling leg curl is also very good. Sometimes I do those first for variety, not always finishing. Heavy isolation first just for variety. As you mention Standing leg curls are great... Do you have any pics of your standing leg curl yet? Look forward to seeing them.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Quick question: has anyone ever found a good adjustable Olympic incline press like they have at Yate's Temple Gym? How about an adjustable Olympic decline? I've always found that fixed benches are never the right angle for me. I've sent an email to Hans at Rae Crowther. Id like to see these benches with the adjustments of a Nebula Awesome utility bench. I was also thinking that they would be cool with uprights like on the Free Motion Epic Olympic benches. Thoughts?
    I have a fully adjustable Olympic Bench, its the Hoist CF2179B. Flat, Incline, Decline and rolls out and lengthens on linear bearings like the lock and dock benches. Things pretty heavy too, 380 pounds!

EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    That has to be one of the best bench designs of that style that I've ever seen. If the uprights just tipped forward like some of the auto spot benches it would be perfect!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a fully adjustable Olympic Bench, its the Hoist CF2179B. Flat, Incline, Decline and rolls out and lengthens on linear bearings like the lock and dock benches. Things pretty heavy too, 380 pounds!
    Damn, I like those adjustment points on the bench. I looked it up and they have 10 adjustments from -15* to 30* in 5* increments. That is awesome. I really wish more FID or otherwise would give some better increments. I like small inclines like a 10-15* range in addition to a steeper 30* but everything tends to increment too quickly.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The TK Star looks very nice.

One of the things I like about the Atlantis, which is leading to that purchase very soon, is the standing platforms which gets you up off the ground. They have a really cool 'auto-adjusting' leg length which works very well, and does not require pop pin adjustments. I would love to try the TK Star, but for new units, the Atlantis is my favorite to date.

Attached Images

I learned a lot by watching Dave Goalder move equipment. I went ahead and bought a 6' long 36" wide aluminum ramp, after seeing his work so well going up a landing and step. I also saw how he had swivel casters on the machines which is awesome for moving and also positioning. I went ahead and got 12 casters with 1" long stems that have a 3/8" diameter. The holes on the feet of equipment are made for 3/8" bolts. I went online to a caster place that sells only casters.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dave is the man . I feel like a kid at Christmas time when ever he comes to long island. He is the best of the best.

I like using the atlantis Eq another two machines that I recommend is their bicept isolator and there standing lateral raise. I just recently got there portable step up bench. I wish that there was more of there Eq closer to me. From time to time I got to the lions den in NJ they have several of there pieces.
    That canada trip must of been awesome. They have so many nice machines that I woul like to use.
    Enjoy the weekend forum members my wife and I are headed to Atlantic city we are both competing in the Wnbf/ inbf world championships the show is still on after the hurricane and now a snow storm. Hooooooo
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 11-08-2012 at 07:32 AM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    The TK Star looks very nice.
    They have a really cool 'auto-adjusting' leg length which works very well, and does not require pop pin adjustments.

My Atlantis Leg Ext/Lying Leg Curl employes that same system, not sure why all machines don't use that.

186lbs in Avatar

I like using the atlantis Eq another two machines that I recommend is their bicept isolator and there standing lateral raise. I just recently got there portable step up bench. I wish that there was more of there Eq closer to me. From time to time I got to the lions den in NJ they have several of there pieces.
    That canada trip must of been awesome. They have so many nice machines that I woul like to use.

Yes, the trip to Montreal.. Laval Quebec was very worthwhile and very productive. The sheer number of high quality machines they make is amazing. Of course, like any manufacturer, they make 'winners and losers',. However, the sheer number of winners they make is outstanding. I did not take a picture of the new prototype machine that is like the lateral raise you mention, but works in reverse as a chest 'crossover' machine. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of it. I demoed it in the factory literally 5 minutes before it was being moved into Atlantis Gym for testing as a prototype. While I liked the standing lateral raise, I felt that dumbell lateral raises were just as good (and probably better in some way). Let me put it this way... I would love to use it in a gym to superset with dumbbells, however, in a home gym where space is precious, I didn;t see the need for it. But yes, I do like that machine.

Ron told me he got the Atlantis bicep (that he first demoed it in a gold's gym in Florida where he was so impresses with it he ordered it).

Enjoy the weekend forum members my wife and I are headed to Atlantic city we are both competing in the Wnbf/ inbf world championships the show is still on after the hurricane and now a snow storm. Hooooooo
    That is AWESOME! Hope you both have a great time!!! Look forward to hearing about your trip.

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    My Atlantis Leg Ext/Lying Leg Curl employes that same system, not sure why all machines don't use that.

Yosi and I had a discussion about that concept. It was designed sheerly for ease of use and easier for the inexperienced users who often get intimidated by having to make adjustments. While I think it is a great concept, I am not sure that it is overall better than a pop-pin adjustment. I think each has its advantage, and I slightly prefer pop pin adjustment.

Yosi and I had a discussion about that concept. It was designed sheerly for ease of use and easier for the inexperienced users who often get intimidated by having to make adjustments. While I think it is a great concept, I am not sure that it is overall better than a pop-pin adjustment. I think each has its advantage, and I slightly prefer pop pin adjustment.
    With the pop pin adjustment, the pad tends to roll up, and then back down your leg rather than staying in place. I like for the pad to stay in the starting position and not roll up and down, so this design is far superior to me.

My Icarian Standing Leg Curl and Life Fitness Seated Leg Curl have the pop pin adjustment.

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    With the pop pin adjustment, the pad tends to roll up, and then back down your leg rather than staying in place. I like for the pad to stay in the starting position and not roll up and down, so this design is far superior to me.

My Icarian Standing Leg Curl and Life Fitness Seated Leg Curl have the pop pin adjustment.
    That Standing Icarian Leg Curl is nice: I was going to get that unit until I demoed the Atlantis one. Have you tried the Atlantis version? I like standing on the platform because that means your moving leg is free from the ground.

That is a good point you make about one of the advantages of the 'hinged' footpad vs pop pin adjustable.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-08-2012 at 01:49 PM.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    issuu.com/nebula-fitness

Anyone interested in Nebula, the above link goes to their catalogues.

pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50) pandaren will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What rack is that in the background?

That Standing Icarian Leg Curl is nice: I was going to get that unit until I demoed the Atlantis one. Have you tried the Atlantis version? I like standing on the platform because that means your moving leg is free from the ground.
    I'd never seen the Atlantis version until you posted it. I agree, the platform is a nice addition. On the Icarian, you can occasionally hit the platform with the foot you are using if you aren't paying attention. However, the great thing about my Icarian is that I got it for $100.

186lbs in Avatar

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pandaren View Post
    What rack is that in the background?
    Its an Atlantis C-109.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A bit off topic from recent discussions, but Atlantis has a pretty slick new weight rack / grip machine. S-202 Plate rack with Polequin grip tool, don't see it on their website, but it's on page 36 of their E-Catalog. As I recall, our local grip expert John Hicks likes the polequin negative grip concept.

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/marketin....1.2.html#/36/
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

http://www.atlantisstrength.com/inde...emart&Itemid=6

No, it has always been there. I have seen it before but did not know what to think about it. They have other combo pieces as well.

Attached Images

OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    A bit off topic from recent discussions, but Atlantis has a pretty slick new weight rack / grip machine. S-202 Plate rack with Polequin grip tool, don't see it on their website, but it's on page 36 of their E-Catalog. As I recall, our local grip expert John Hicks likes the polequin negative grip concept.

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/marketin....1.2.html#/36/

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/index.ph...emart&Itemid=2

Still on the website under the "Precision Series", last page.

I just recently got there portable step up bench.

I took pictures of that when I was at Atlantis and it should be on the cost no object list if I have not added that already ( I think I did).

Platform height adjusts from 10” to 34” to accommodate various skill levels

Includes wheels for easy mobility

Although I think I would prefer to have this:

http://www.power-lift.com/plyoboxes-main.htm

ADJUSTABLE WOOD PLYO BOXES
    Small 21.5" to 31.5"
    Standard: 31" to 45"
    Extra Large: 36" to 60"
    Each Box adjust in 6 positions
    Commercial Grade Surface
    Made using premium solid red oak
    Custom Logo available

The price is the same whether you get SMALL, STANDARD, or EXTRA LARGE. Given that they are the same price, which one would you get?

I really wanted to get the Extra large, given that the price is the same. However, the minimum height is 36" vs the minimum height of 31" of the standard. The only problem with the extra large is that the lowest you can go is 36" ... however, you get an additional 15" of height. So the question is whether or not the minimum of 36" is doable. The minimum of the Standard is only 5" less, but is that significant?

Also, I showed pictures of this piece below which has about 4-5 forearm/grip workouts in one. Very small foootprint and just really convenient forearm curls!!! I mean just sit shown and select the weight... how convenient is that?

* Seated wrist curls
    * Roll up bar
    * forearm supination and pronation
    * Gripping lever.

Handle finish strategically chosen for optimal performance.

Width : 38”(97 cm)
    Height : 68”(173 cm)
    Length : 67”(170 cm)
    Weight : 515 lb (234 kg)
    Weight Stack : 205 lb (93 kg)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-09-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Also, I showed pictures of this piece below which has about 4-5 forearm/grip workouts in one. Very small foootprint and just really convenient forearm curls!!! I mean just sit shown and select the weight... how convenient is that?

* Seated wrist curls
    * Roll up bar
    * forearm supination and pronation
    * Gripping lever.

Handle finish strategically chosen for optimal performance.

Width : 38”(97 cm)
    Height : 68”(173 cm)
    Length : 67”(170 cm)
    Weight : 515 lb (234 kg)
    Weight Stack : 205 lb (93 kg)
    The forearm machine would be on my "cost no object" list. It's so tiny and it is nice to have the ease of access to a few different core forearm workouts. Also a random fact but among the top 3 body parts women find sexy on a man are well defined forearms. Who knew.

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    The forearm machine would be on my "cost no object" list. It's so tiny and it is nice to have the ease of access to a few different core forearm workouts. Also a random fact but among the top 3 body parts women find sexy on a man are well defined forearms. Who knew.
    I might be moving down your way in the future (srs). At least there is no income tax which will offset the rising federal taxes. I suspect states with low income taxes will be booming soon. I will try not to say more since this is not the misc section, but some of the things that happend on Nov 6th were very upsetting.

But yes, I am thinking of getting the multiforearm, it is really cool. What other options are there?

The pendulum gripper looks great as a grip only machine. A cost no object gym might have both the atlantis and the Pendulum gripper side by side. The Atlantis has a gripper as part of the machine, but I'm thinkking the Pendulum gripper might be a tad bit better, although I can't say for certain. Althoug the Pendulum gripper only has that one function, and it is plate loded. The Atlantis is very convenient being selectorized. I think both units side by side would be great.

It just amazes my how 90-95% of commercial gyms suck in this country. Think about how many good machines are missing from gyms. Many gyms do not even have GHD and a whole host of equpment is missing.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Here was my quote on the Power-Lift Plyo box:

$799.00

Discount -$64.00

Frt Freight (crate and freight no install) $200.00

Subtotal: $935.00

Sales Tax: 60.63

Grand Total: $995.63

If you guys have any opinions on the Standard vs Extra Large size, let me know.

I might be moving down your way in the future (srs). At least there is no income tax which will offset the rising federal taxes. I suspect states with low income taxes will be booming soon. I will try not to say more since this is not the misc section, but some of the things that happend on Nov 6th were very upsetting.

But yes, I am thinking of getting the multiforearm, it is really cool. What other options are there?

The pendulum gripper looks great as a grip only machine. A cost no object gym might have both the atlantis and the Pendulum gripper side by side. The Atlantis has a gripper as part of the machine, but I'm thinkking the Pendulum gripper might be a tad bit better, although I can't say for certain. Althoug the Pendulum gripper only has that one function, and it is plate loded. The Atlantis is very convenient being selectorized. I think both units side by side would be great.

It just amazes my how 90-95% of commercial gyms suck in this country. Think about how many good machines are missing from gyms. Many gyms do not even have GHD and a whole host of equpment is missing.
    Our cost of living is pretty cheap down here and there are always openings in the medical field with all the old people. You can build a separate out building for a gym for around $45-50/sq ft for concrete slab and block with stucco finish. Most homes out west where they have 1-1.5 acre lots already have out buildings. I saw one on a Realtor site a few days ago for $280k, 1.15 acre lot, 2400 sq ft house with a 35' x 45' outbuilding garage (2 - 2 car garage doors) with 14' ceilings.

As to forearm units Atlantis at one point made an adjustable forearm/bicep bench unit. Same basic idea as the Sorinex I suppose.

See (Also shown is rack mountable version of what rpark posted):

Also an interesting idea for a scott curl / preacher curl station is the addition of a shelf under the racking points for the curl bar to rest your dumbbells between sets.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes that Atlantis forearm multi bench looks sweet.

I was told a long time ago that forearms are the most important part to show off your physique. Most of the time you either wear long or short sleeve shirts, so a cut forearm shows the girls that the rest is probably cut too. Advice came from a "player".... I still remember that day 20+ years ago.

As far as the Rogers unit, I haven't used it, but I'm really not impressed. It's a huge hunk of metal that effectively isn't much different from that hammer strength seated grip machine and not really much different from something like this which has a much smaller footprint.

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here was my quote on the Power-Lift Plyo box:

$799.00

Discount -$64.00

Frt Freight (crate and freight no install) $200.00

Subtotal: $935.00

Sales Tax: 60.63

Grand Total: $995.63

If you guys have any opinions on the Standard vs Extra Large size, let me know.
    WOW! those have a huge markup. Even using oak plywood and not skimping on any other materials, anyone with basic woodworking tools could make these for less $75. You just gave me a new project idea.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Pendulum gripper is nice. However it only performs the one function. It is not that big in size. Definately a cost no object piece of equipment. I would pick one up if the price and condition was right. There are far superior machines out there if you can find them.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's good to here that Bodymasters is once again making equipment. Bodymasters was bought by night managacturing a few years ago and they stopped making equipment. They kept on many of there original staff including Melvin who was there inventory and parts manager for 10+ years.
    Just before the Bodymasters stopped making equipment they made an extremely well built plate loaded line. This stuff was very heavy and built with the best materials. From what i understand not many of these machines were made because the company soon went out of buesness. We have one of the converging plate loaded shoulder presses at fitness incentive and I have used the pulldown before. Both are good machines but today I trained at a gym in Atlantic city and they had one of the Bodymasters plate loaded seated rows. I never seen this before i intended on training sholders and arms but had tofret this well built machine out. My workout soon turned in to a back attack. I did a bunch of sets on this machine and absolutely love it. This is deffiently one machine along with a pendulum 3 way row that I would highly recomend. I am going to call Melvin Tomorow and see if they plan on making these piece in the future. There is still a few other pieces from this Bodymasters plate loaded line that I would like To try out hopefully they will be managacturing them once again.

Last edited by TLYNCH777; 11-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    WOW! those have a huge markup. Even using oak plywood and not skimping on any other materials, anyone with basic woodworking tools could make these for less $75. You just gave me a new project idea.

I'm good with wood... and I suppose I could build something custom. I think Its just going to be a time issue for me now. Hmmmm, maybe you are right. You've got me thinking.

Here are those pics again since we were discussing the Atlantis forarm.

Have you guys run across anything better? What would be most similar?

Closed Thread
Page 108 of 268 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast