Closed Thread
Page 227 of 268 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,810 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally have internet.

Getting the last batch of glassless mirrors shipped out soon. I'll take some pics after Thanksgiving of the final setup.

I want to get the Panatta tricep (multipurpose) cable attachments out, but I just need a breather until I get some more time off. I haven't gotten back to anyone who PM me about the Panatta tricep. I haven't forgotten about anyone.

I'm also at the point where I need to keep trimming down what I own. I will be trying to eliminate redundancy and any machines that are too similar. I'm at the point where I need an absolute *minimum* of a 3000-3500 sq foot room to hold everything, preferably 4,000-4500 sq feet. I'd either like to decrease that requirement, or get more 'luxury spacing' between machines. I'd also like more room for the free weight area with lots more open space.

Speaking of which, here is the current list I have that I'd like to part with for more room:

1) Sorinex/Reflex Dumbell spotter stands

2) Pendulum Plate Storage (by far the most bad ass plate tree on the planet). I simply don't have the space for it.

3) Panatta Incline Flight machine XP Free weight version (plate loaded). I bought the selectorized and plate loaded knowing I probably wouldn't keep both since they are essentially the same machine. After doing a few sets with each machine, I decided to keep the Selectorized version for the simple reason that it is more convenient. I was worried that the Heavy stack would not be adequate, but it turns out that the 120 Kg stack is way more than adequate. The standard stack is 80 Kg. The Heavy stack version is 120 Kg.

At the moment, I can't even do a single rep with 80Kg. 70 Kg is my single rep max at the moment. Remember pulley physics/ratios play a role on the actual weight, which feels more than the selected weight. For example, the old FLEX FITNESS 30 degree Pec Fly: not a bad machine biomachanically, but I can do the entire stack for 20+reps... it made the machine useless for me. Nonetheless, The Panatta footbar and biomechanics are superior anyway.

So that being said, there is no good reason to own both a selectorized and plate loaded Incline flight machine. Since I already purchased both, I'll keep the selectorized for convenience sake. The good news on the Panatta XP Free weight (plate loaded) version, is that it is not a plate eater. You don't need a lot of plates on it. Beautiful and wonderful machine, I just can't afford to have 2 of the same.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm going to put it on EBAY in a week or so. I'm not going to discounting this piece very much from what I paid, because it is literally brand new. Nonetheless, I thought I'd mention it here first.

Attached Images
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Lol, who was on here earlier saying Panatta was crap? Those look insanely nice. The spindles (rotation axis) look huge. Must be very stable.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The guy who said they were crap is the village idiot. I just got my delivery of the Super Incline Bench and the Lat Convergent from Chris' 1st order and they are both insanely good pieces. Literally everything about them is top-notch. The planes/ranges of motion on both machines are perfect and they look pretty bad-ass to boot.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are the weight horns plastic coated, or is that an illusion (they look less glossy than other black parts)?
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Are the weight horns plastic coated, or is that an illusion (they look less glossy than other black parts)?
    No, those are their new tungsten (or nylon derivative?, I don't remember exactly what my local Panatta trade representative told me) horns, supposed to offer more resistance than chrome plated steel used before.

Originally Posted by Agathomax View Post

The notable part are their new horns system. My local Panatta trade representative told me that they now use some nylon horns which offer more durability than chromed steel horns. The bad point is that he wasn't certain that it could be possible to use that type of horns on older equipment (it's actually my case, I've bought some Panatta free weight machines equipped with 28mm horns and I called them for a quotation to change them for 50mm horns.) because according to him, the inner tube could be thinner than 51mm. To my amazement, he saids that they don't have any stock of classic chrome older horns...

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Lol, who was on here earlier saying Panatta was crap? Those look insanely nice. The spindles (rotation axis) look huge. Must be very stable.
    They make my Nebula stuff look like toys. Magnitudes of order more sophisticated as well. the Panatta items listed in on the cost no object list are magnitudes of order better than any runner up.

I know we talked about these two Free Motion squat machines in this thread before, but I wanted to bring them up again. I'm sure many have tried these two machines since they are common in many commercial gyms.

I have to say, I still think about these two Free Motion Squat machines. I think they both are very well thought out. Free Motion makes a handful of top notch machines. There is just something about the curved footplate and motion path of their two squat machines. Its not like I'd chose these over a Pendulum power squat Pro, but I miss using these two machines. Both versions feel the same biomechanically. From what I recall, the weight stack is adequate on the selectorized version. Girls would probably appreciate the selectorized version. Both machines 'feel' equally great. The selectorized version is great for supersetting and rapidly changing the weight. The 'bicycle' handle (feels like a bicycle brake handle) is great for adjusting the range of motion on the selectorized version). Both versions have that amazing curved footplate, something other power squat machines of the same type do not offer.

The one thing potentially lacking on these machines, is the ability to turn around and do a front power squat. However, as an owner of the pendulum power squat, no power squat machine (front facing) can compare to the front facing Pendulum Power Squat. The special thing about the Free motion machines, is that they are completely optimized for the standard squat. If you are a Pendulum Power Squat Pro owner and also have another power squat machine, you might want to consider one of these Free motion versions since they are completely optimized for one direction. That curved footplate of the Free Motion squat machine keeps calling my name. Its not just the curved footplate, the motion path and biomechanics just seem great with those two machines. I guess after going full circle a few times, those two squat machines are still calling my name. Its a tough call between the selectorized and plate loaded version.

Ignoring height of course the footprints are:

Selectorized: 89" L x 36" W = 3204 in^2

Plate Loaded: 74" L x 56" W = 4144 in^2
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-18-2014 at 11:31 PM.

lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifter0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris.... Just wanted to say thank you for heading up the Panatta order. I received the Panatta Super Incline and the Preacher/Spider Curl bench. Just as you have described many times on this thread ... The Panatta equipment rocks. And I mean in looks, mechanics, quality of workmanship... Everything!
    I ordered mine with the option of being able to disassemble it so I could get it through the door. I had a slight problem with reassembling it and Chris was a total stand up guy! He contacted Panatta and I had a solution to my problem the next day!
    Last year as a direct result of Chris's recommendations I purchased a Flex Prone leg curl (bar between legs version), a Rae Crowther super power rack, and Super Awesome bench, a Parrillo curved incline bench, and several MAG grip cable attachments. I'm happy with all of my purchases.
    So thanks Chris for all the time, money, research, and personal sacrifice you have invested into this project! I've benefitted from it greatly. If you do another Panatta order in the future I would have total confidence in working with you again. The project continues....

barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbuilders is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you seen American Barbell?
    Hi All,

So far I ordered the following:

ELITE FTS Collegiate Power Rack

Elite FTS Colegiate 0-90 Bench

SORINEX HURRICANE

Elite FTS PRO Glute Ham Raise

I'm looking for some more stuff of what I feel is the best of the best I've used at gyms over the years. I'm hoping some of you can point out great pieces I might not know about. Someone pointed out Sorinex: The Hurricane and it looks amazing so I appreciated that info.

I'm looking for a good dumbell rack, that is very nice but also space saving. 4 tier might save a lot more wall space for a home gym than 3 tier. Also need something that holds about 24 dumbells. I'm also looking for plates and dumbbells as noted below (I've incuded my entire list)

I'm also looking for Definite: (All choices with white frame and black upholstery).

1) Hammer Strength Abdominal Crunch - MTSAB

2) Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Horizontal Press - ILHBP

3) Hammer Strength MTS Iso-Lateral Kneeling Leg Curl - MTSKC vs the Plate loaded version Iso-Lateral Kneeling Leg Curl - ILKLC(Trying to demo both of these) vs another brand of kneeling leg curl like Cybex. Flex Fitness makes a great one called the Pl-164 hamflexor which I am familiar with (see below on Flex Fitness). I see now that STAR TRACK makes a similar model after aking over Flex Fitness, so I'll have to demo that as well. Another is Life Fitness Signature Plate Loaded (looks like the Hammer Strength due to same company of course).

4) Hammer Stength Iso-Lateral Shoulder Press - ILSP

5) Tricep: Cybex VR 4825 Arm Extension vs. Cybex Eagle 11080 Arm Extension vs. Free Motion tricep (trying to demo the latter 2 soon)

6) Louis Simmons: Reverse Hyperextension Pro vs. Reverse Hyperextension Ultra. (Need to learn more about this choice).

7) 6 pairs of 45 lb. plates
    2 pairs of 35 lb plates.
    2 pairs of 25 lb plates
    2 pair of 10 lb plates.
    1 pair of 5 lb plates.

8) Dumbells: 20-100 in 5 lb increments. Not sure how to handle 100-150 whether in 5 or 10 lb increments.

9) Dumbell rack for above

10) 'Utility bench' The smaller backed chairs used to do dumbell press and seated curls.

Additional considerations:

1) Life Fitness Pro2 Leg Curl (or possibly model number OSLC or PSLCSE (PSLCSE is the one I like at my current gym) vs. Flex Fitness PL -162 Leg Curl-- as noted above Star Track makes a current version that is similar. There are lots of poorly designed leg curl machines out there, so I'm up for suggestions as well). I have pictures of the Flex Fitness Leg curl if you need it... I took a picture from the gym last night.

2) Precor/Icarian Standing Leg Curl 607 (seen these on EBAY and have one at my old gym... I like them).

In any case, this is my equipment list of needs, any help or good people who will give me the best deal would be greatly appreciated. If you have some favoirte pieces of equipment you like, it would be great to hear about it.

Thank-you.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those panatta machines look awesome! (shameless bump due to searching too many pages to find this thread...)
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I think those are nice pieces, but really hard to justify the pricing!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Why???
    I don't get it. This looks like a solution in search of a problem. An over engineered adjustable functional trainer/cable cross. It's like the inventor saw a fixed cable cross, thought "hey wouldn't it be great to be able to have pulleys at different heights instead of just the top and bottom?" and went to work designing this monstrosity in a lab somewhere. Someone should have pointed out that adjustable height pulleys had been invented already and they didn't require you change handles when you change the height every time either!

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know we talked about these two Free Motion squat machines in this thread before, but I wanted to bring them up again. I'm sure many have tried these two machines since they are common in many commercial gyms. .... That curved footplate of the Free Motion squat machine keeps calling my name.

Not sure of what benefit the curved footplate is. I also find disappointing that the footplate width on most squat/hack squat machines is not large/wide enough to allow a greater variety for foot positioning and muscle emphasis. The for-comparison picture of the footplate of the Nebula leg press machine is below.

How the Freemotion plate-loaded machine compares to Hammer Strength V-squat machine? I really like the V-squat machine.

About biomechanics: Is the feel somewhat same as when using the Randy Coyle swing squat?

Nebula Leg Press Machine

Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetigen; 12-02-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Harmonia Early Music: http://www.harmoniaearlymusic.org
    SymphonyCast: http://symphonycast.org
    Performance Today: http://performancetoday.publicradio.org
    Studio360: http://www.studio360.org
    RadioLab: http://www.radiolab.org
    TED Radio Hour: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/
    This American Life: http://www.thisamericanlife.org
    On Being: http://www.onbeing.org
    Snap Judgment: http://www.snapjudgment.org/radio-show
    Radio IQ: http://wvtf.org
    LibriVox: https://librivox.org/

coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pendulum Power Squat Pro

Was able to pick up Rogers Pendulum Power Squat Pro off UTennessee auction last fall (thanks again to Gregg for all your help in securing it for me until Goalder could pick up)... so have now decided to part with original Pendulum Power Squat Pro. Please pm me if you would like to make an offer. Hoping to find this classic piece a great new home!
    Attached Images

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    chris is the 495 pound max weight including the weight of the user or just the max weight for the horns? for the 30 degree pec
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    Not sure of what benefit the curved footplate is. I also find disappointing that the footplate width on most squat/hack squat machines is not large/wide enough to allow a greater variety for foot positioning and muscle emphasis. The for-comparison picture of the footplate of the Nebula leg press machine is below.

How the Freemotion plate-loaded machine compares to Hammer Strength V-squat machine? I really like the V-squat machine.

About biomechanics: Is the feel somewhat same as when using the Randy Coyle swing squat?

Nebula Leg Press Machine

Does that Nebula leg press have independent movement for each leg out of curiosity?

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcdonald View Post
    Does that Nebula leg press have independent movement for each leg out of curiosity?
    I made a mistake. I think the above machine is actually Elitefts Monster Mondo Leg Press. Yes, it's isolateral. Nebula Leg Press looks pretty similar and also isolateral. See the second picture. BTW, Nebula was acquired by Rogue Fitness.

http://www.flexcart.com/memberS/elit...d=167&pid=1376

Elitefts Monster Mondo Leg Press

Nebula Rogue Leg Press Machine

Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetigen; 12-14-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    Harmonia Early Music: http://www.harmoniaearlymusic.org
    SymphonyCast: http://symphonycast.org
    Performance Today: http://performancetoday.publicradio.org
    Studio360: http://www.studio360.org
    RadioLab: http://www.radiolab.org
    TED Radio Hour: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/
    This American Life: http://www.thisamericanlife.org
    On Being: http://www.onbeing.org
    Snap Judgment: http://www.snapjudgment.org/radio-show
    Radio IQ: http://wvtf.org
    LibriVox: https://librivox.org/

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    I made a mistake. I think the above machine is actually Elitefts Monster Mondo Leg Press. Yes, it's isolateral. Nebula Leg Press looks pretty similar and also isolateral. See the second picture. BTW, Nebula was acquired by Rogue Fitness.

http://www.flexcart.com/memberS/elit...d=167&pid=1376

Elitefts Monster Mondo Leg Press

Nebula Rogue Leg Press Machine

Thanks. Those both look pretty nice. Definitely no cheating (stronger leg assisting weaker leg) with the design configured like that. Looks like you can lock them together when you don't want isolateral. Would be a great set up.

GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by coach_ras View Post
    Was able to pick up Rogers Pendulum Power Squat Pro off UTennessee auction last fall (thanks again to Gregg for all your help in securing it for me until Goalder could pick up)... so have now decided to part with original Pendulum Power Squat Pro. Please pm me if you would like to make an offer. Hoping to find this classic piece a great new home!
    You outbid me on that auction. I did have good luck picking up an original University of Michigan Pendulum Leg Press from a local high school for $300.

There is a black extra bar, square in cross section, about 1 foot long that has holes space about every inch that is bolted at 45 degrees to one the uprights supporting one of the bearings. I have no idea what it is for. You can bearly make it out in the pics, I will try to get a better picture.
    Attached Images

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here is some nice cost no object stuff in Chicago / Michigan area that just popped up: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/spo/4807757953.html
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #58 []---[]

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GoinGrey View Post
    You outbid me on that auction. I did have good luck picking up an original University of Michigan Pendulum Leg Press from a local high school for $300.

There is a black extra bar, square in cross section, about 1 foot long that has holes space about every inch that is bolted at 45 degrees to one the uprights supporting one of the bearings. I have no idea what it is for. You can bearly make it out in the pics, I will try to get a better picture.

I saw that Hip Press also, are you another Michigan guy on the forum?

The piece you are talking about is a range limiter to prevent users from full extension when using the machine.

GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoinGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post

The piece you are talking about is a range limiter to prevent users from full extension when using the machine.

Thanks for the info, I will assemble it and check that out tomorrow. Yes, I am in SE Michigan. I think you wrote me about 4 years ago about a Hammer pullover. I have enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot from this forum.

Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agathomax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any opinion about "hack press" machines? I never had the opportunity to test one of them, but it always seemed interesting to me, mainly to avoid back pressure.

The most common model as far as I know is the Hammer Strength one:

i.imgur.com/5K9pGXm.jpg

i.imgur.com/iHpuSgq.jpg

i.imgur.com/23WogPf.jpg

i.imgur.com/dS2XUhC.jpg

i.imgur.com/ddvy1eq.jpg

i.imgur.com/yzFQPN2.jpg

i.imgur.com/egO3f40.jpg

i.imgur.com/j97YKb0.jpg

i.imgur.com/d2gk9aI.jpg

i.imgur.com/VHl6BIR.jpg

i.imgur.com/K225YUI.jpg

An other who seems interesting is the Atlantis one:

i.imgur.com/gFe44fy.jpg

I've noticed a Body Masters model too:

i.imgur.com/hGlegka.jpg

....a non professional Powertec model...:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtpM4QFSM6g

...and finally I've noticed that Panatta have presented a new model: "Calf-Hack machine" during the Arnold classic Europe a few weeks ago:

********.com/panattasport/photos/a.726158687421896.1073741905.118201144884323/726457414058690/?type=3&theater

i.imgur.com/BdSZMKI.jpg

i.imgur.com/92TMplk.jpg

i.imgur.com/P862PBr.jpg

i.imgur.com/bu0ET8N.jpg

i.imgur.com/QcXUKYb.jpg

i.imgur.com/KtCjqoc.jpg

Regarding the size of linears tubes on the Panatta model with Hammer Strength and Atlantis ones, it seems a bit cheap, in comparaison, but I wonder if it can make a real difference....moreover I doubt that Atlantis and Hammer Strength use full plenty tube in that dimension... It seems tremendous.

Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post

Mike,

Really like the machine, even better that the Rogers Hip Press machines I tried at Michigan State. The seat is not as pretty but is more comfortable. Had a terrific leg day.

I notice you are selling your MedX Avenger on Ebay. It seemed like a great machine to me though the MSU hockey strength coach indicated he thought it might be possible to strain the back by going to deep + too heavy with it. How do you compare it to the Pendulum Hip Press?

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GoinGrey View Post
    Mike,

Really like the machine, even better that the Rogers Hip Press machines I tried at Michigan State. The seat is not as pretty but is more comfortable. Had a terrific leg day.

I notice you are selling your MedX Avenger on Ebay. It seemed like a great machine to me though the MSU hockey strength coach indicated he thought it might be possible to strain the back by going to deep + too heavy with it. How do you compare it to the Pendulum Hip Press?
    It is a totally different animal than the pendulum. The medx can be adjusted to give you 3 basically different exercises. I would love to keep both, but I am trying to free up some space in the gym. The only complaint I have heard of the MedX avenger is sometimes the strength curve lets off a little too much at the end of the exercise, but that can easily be corrected with a band so I don't really see that as a draw back.

joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10) joropower is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nebula or other vertical leg press

Hi,
    Can someone help me finding a Nebula or Streamline vertical leg press? Thank you! Other good commercial ones as King Fitness are an option too.

I'm going to start shipping out the Panati multipurpose (Tricep) cable attachments today. Sorry for the delay, its been a busy year.

Again, anyone who wants one, just send me a PM. Anyone who has already sent a PM, please send another one. I'll try to go thru my PM again as well. The cost is $65.00 + shipping + box. I'm going to the post office today to see what kind of box I can buy, as well as shipping costs.

I was hoping to have more pics of the gym, but my contractor is being a typical contractor... He was supposed to put the last 6 glassless mirrors up: 76 x 100" but has cancelled 3 times already. Contractors suck.

I'll most likely be putting my Atlantis Power Squat (with modified extra large foot platform) up for sale soon). Its still my favorite of its kind front and rear facing, but with a pendulum power squat and all of the other leg presses and power squat machines I have, this was next on my list for downsizing.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you have some of the glassless mirrors up already then?
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Yes a bunch of them... just need my contractor to quit cancelling on me and get out here.

Cant stand contractors, so unreliable.

Went to the post office. Shipped.

For anybody who wants one, the price is $65.00 + $20.00 S/H (I have to buy cushioned mailers for each one).

Again, just PM me if you want one.

Closed Thread
Page 227 of 268 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast