Closed Thread
Page 5 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man! Never too late!! This is an ongoing project. And a thread that is about cost no object equipment and free weights. Maybe when all is said and done it can be a sticky.

Just got word the ELITE FTS Collegiate Power Rack, and Elite FTS Collegiate 0 - 90 bench will be here Monday. Also Monday the Elite FTS Pro Rickshaw is coming.

For some reason, ELITE FTS dropped the ball on the TEXAS Power bar which should have been here 2 weeks ago and Elite FTS has no idea what is going on about it even though I emailed and called the last 2 weeks. I don't quite understand. I ordered it 5 weeks ago and for the past 2 weeks I get the same response "not sure what is going on, I'll check into it" Is the Texas Power Bar a good bar?

I'll take a look at the link above when I get home.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Thanks man! Never too late!! This is an ongoing project. And a thread that is about cost no object equipment and free weights. Maybe when all is said and done it can be a sticky.

Just got word the ELITE FTS Collegiate Power Rack, and Elite FTS Collegiate 0 - 90 bench will be here Monday. Also Monday the Elite FTS Pro Rickshaw is coming.

For some reason, ELITE FTS dropped the ball on the TEXAS Power bar which should have been here 2 weeks ago and Elite FTS has no idea what is going on about it even though I emailed and called the last 2 weeks. I don't quite understand. I ordered it 5 weeks ago and for the past 2 weeks I get the same response "not sure what is going on, I'll check into it" Is the Texas Power Bar a good bar?

I'll take a look at the link above when I get home.
    Very strong, very stiff, rough knurling. Yes it's a very good all round bar for squat, bench, dead etc., but there are better bars. Also EFS over price theirs by about $100.

These are 'cost no object' all round power bars;

http://www.titanstrengthandpower.com...ucts_bars.html
    http://www.gtechfitness.com/ivankoob...lympicbar.aspx

If you want to snatch/Clean and jerk there are weightlifting bars that'd be better for that.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Very strong, very stiff, rough knurling. Yes it's a very good all round bar for squat, bench, dead etc., but there are better bars. Also EFS over price theirs by about $100.

These are 'cost no object' all round power bars;

http://www.titanstrengthandpower.com...ucts_bars.html
    http://www.gtechfitness.com/ivankoob...lympicbar.aspx

If you want to snatch/Clean and jerk there are weightlifting bars that'd be better for that.
    I'd buy them, if I win a lottery.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Re the Texas Power Bar...

If cost is no object you should have a couple of bars anyway, so look into ordering some different bars, or bars for different uses...

And if one store dropped the ball one time, order from somewhere else on your subsequent items, I didnt know the TPB was a rare specialty item that takes 5+ weeks to procure LOL.

Or anyway a good retailer would let you know lead-times if its more than a week...

dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey any new updates on the gym?

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    UPS Frieght dropped off the following damaged this morning:

Elite FTS Pro:

Collegiate 0 - 90 bench

Collegiate Power Rack

Pro rickshaw

I'll post some pics, they are still on the wooden pallette. Williams Strength, the makers of Elite FTS equipment, were too cheap on the shipping. Even though I paid a fortune in shipping, they put the 0-90 bench and the Pro rickshaw inside the power rack on the same pallette. They didn't put spacers or padding between the equipment in some areas and the metal scraped each other during transport. there are several small paint dings as well as a few larger areas where the paint got scraped down to bare metal. I took photos and sent them to Elite FTS. Apparently the are going to take them back, and probably repaint them.

It is a shame because it is complete and utter carlessness on the shipping department of williams Strength. All it took was shipping it on two separate pallettes, or taking the time to put lots of foam and plastic spacers if they are going to pack it all on one pallette to save money. Now all they did was cost everyone involved a lot of time and money due to poor packing. TERRIBLE and inexcuseable.

I contacted ATLANTIS today (mentioned in this thread earlier). They are an outstanding high quality fitness company from Quebec. I'm going to be looking at some of their pieces.

I also will be heading to LA in 2-3 weeks to drive down and go to used gym equipment.com and also Global Fitness. These places are HUGE, absolutely HUGE warehouses full of equipment. Going to spend a day at these two places demoing all kinds of machines. Will also be able to check out all the Plate Loaded STRIVE equipment at these places.

Always going to be searching for the best of the best machines to supplement the best free weights.

The Hurricaine is probably another 3 weeks away. The Sorinex Seated calf/tibia is probably 6 weeks away.

The complete dumbell set from Troy (solid rubber 5- 125) + solid urethane 130-150 should be here within 2 weeks.

The Ivanko plates and bar should be here in 2 weeks.

The Elite FTS Pro dumbell racks ((2) needed to hold 30 pairs of dumbbells) and Pro seated military press seat should be here in 3 - 4 weeks.

The 5 Hammer Strength machines should be here in 6 - 8 weeks.

The 2 Star Trac (Flex Fitness :-) ) leg curl (seated and prone) machines should be here in 7 weeks.

I'm more upset about the STEELERS putting their awesome 4th round draft, outside LB Thaddeus Gibson on waivers, which of course teams were lining up to take him... STUPID front office, stupid. There were other people we could have cut... crazy!!!
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-02-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the paint got scraped down to bare metal. I took photos and sent them to Elite FTS. Apparently the are going to take them back, and probably repaint them.TERRIBLE and inexcuseable.
    WOW that is terrible...I kind of knew something bad would happen with your order after reading the experiences other people have written about...

Do you know how much money that wastes to ship things back and forth so many times? And the time the equipment is out of service?

By comparison packing material is very cheap, wood frames, tape, wrap...but it takes well over an hour to pack these things, and lazy stupid people never do it right Its just business practice.

Anyway, Im looking forward to seeing how your gym moves along, and hope you get more stuff soon...

Sounds good. In the meantime, if anyone else has their favorite cost no object machines, bars, or whatever, it would be great to hear about them.

As you mentioned, looks like it is going to be 1 week transit time each way and 3 weeks repaint time = equipment time down another 5 weeks. Not only that. There is no way I can repackage this stuff properly, so I'm sure it will get banged up on the way back... This is supposed to be new equipment, not used... FN lame!!

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    By comparison packing material is very cheap, wood frames, tape, wrap...but it takes well over an hour to pack these things, and lazy stupid people never do it right Its just business practice.
    It is extremely irritating knowing that packing this stuff is half of their buisness. There is no excuse. Throwing all that suff inside the power rack like that in a piss poor manner and letting the metal all bang against each other... That was over $5K order. And not only that, that was only 1 of 3 orders I made with elite FTS/Williams Strength. Fortunately, The Pro Glute Ham Raise made it ok.

The other order that will ship at some point from them is the two pro dumbell stands (3 tiered holding 15 pair each) with safety bars and their Signature seated dumbell press. I don't think they will screw that up.

This order that arrived today was insulting and pathetic in the way it was packed and lack of protection.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-02-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    UPS Frieght dropped off the following damaged this morning:

Elite FTS Pro:

Collegiate 0 - 90 bench

Collegiate Power Rack

Pro rickshaw

I'll post some pics, they are still on the wooden pallette. Williams Strength, the makers of Elite FTS equipment, were too cheap on the shipping. Even though I paid a fortune in shipping, they put the 0-90 bench and the Pro rickshaw inside the power rack on the same pallette. They didn't put spacers or padding between the equipment in some areas and the metal scraped each other during transport. there are several small paint dings as well as a few larger areas where the paint got scraped down to bare metal. I took photos and sent them to Elite FTS. Apparently the are going to take them back, and probably repaint them.

It is a shame because it is complete and utter carlessness on the shipping department of williams Strength. All it took was shipping it on two separate pallettes, or taking the time to put lots of foam and plastic spacers if they are going to pack it all on one pallette to save money. Now all they did was cost everyone involved a lot of time and money due to poor packing. TERRIBLE and inexcuseable.
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm with a lot of fitness companies. So much time is spent up front selling the machines and how nice they are then they're just tossed on a pallet with the minimum amount of effort. I've heard of and seen pictures of companies just tossing new plates in a giant pile on a pallet and shipping it that way.

I'm also surprised they used UPS freight, UPS/Fedex freight are always so expensive and yet they often don't do to well. I would think a fitness machine company would regularly deal with full time freight shippers. Knock on wood, but I've always had good experiences with the dedicated freight shippers. I've had car hoods (fiberglass & poorly packed), glass windows, doors, and tubs delivered without issue.

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would be mad if that happened... This is the 2nd time I've heard about EFS and carelessness with expensive orders.. I hope you get your stuff in good condition asap..

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

This is one of the reasons I went ahead and bought the used Hammer Strength Rack.

Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    I would be mad if that happened... This is the 2nd time I've heard about EFS and carelessness with expensive orders.. I hope you get your stuff in good condition asap..
    The Rack is a BEAST. It is currently disassembled and takes up almost half of my garage. If I decide to assemble it I will post some pictures. I thought about waiting and just getting a new Elite Rack when I moved, but I do not trust them at this point. I will still buy shirts from them from time to time, but I will get equipment elsewhere (who am I kidding, I will get it from craigslist anyway)

Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    The Rack is a BEAST. It is currently disassembled and takes up almost half of my garage. If I decide to assemble it I will post some pictures. I thought about waiting and just getting a new Elite Rack when I moved, but I do not trust them at this point. I will still buy shirts from them from time to time, but I will get equipment elsewhere (who am I kidding, I will get it from craigslist anyway)

Yes, the Hammer Strength rack looks realyl awesome and really cool, especially all of the lat bars!! Can you post some pics of it here, it is a really cool piece...

Here are some pics.

I can't believe they sent this out with only one guy on the truck... got some good bruises on my traps.

Attached Images

Ronda at Elite FTS acted quickly and got William Strength (Performance Strength Designs) to issue a return bill of lading promptly. I called UPS and it could have been picked up today, but I scheduled for tomorrow. Apparently it will be replaced or completely redone. (stripped to metal and repainted/refinished).

Its really an issue of the pack job done by William Strength who makes the stuff for Elite FTS. Either way, looks like it will be taken care of promptly... I'll be down at least 4 weeks though. I'm still just amazed that they willams strength has been shipping stuff for years and this still happens... completely baffled. These pallettes get unloaded and reloaded many times when they go across the country. Totally preventable with a normal, good pack job.

Talked to the CA sales rep for Atlantis

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/our-p...-product-line/

will be making Atlantis equipment part of my tour when driving to LA the 19th tru 22nd.

Take a look at their online catalog. Massive amount of equipment, all of which looks top teir.

Their Decline/Ab/Leg raise bench looks good also.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-03-2010 at 04:59 PM.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I own three pieces of Atlantis selectorized equipment (Leg ext/prone curl combo, seated dip, and kickback). They use thicker guide rods than any of the other manufacturers that I have equipment from (BodyMasters, Magnum, Life Fitness, Nautilus, Panatta, Icarian). I prefer Atlantis and BodyMasters equipment, based on the heavier is better mentality. Their stuff just seems more solid than other manufacturers. I also think the Leg ext/prone leg curl is the best leg machine I've came across.

dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dpaz51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    HealthNut,

The gym equipment is lookin good! Keep it up!

Another thing, I'm searching for a good bench and thought you would be the one to ask! I just ordered the Rogue Flat Utility Bench and I currently have the Body solid Multi-bench. It's a good bench but the pad is not wide enough at all! I like Elite FTS 0-90 bench but I need one that also declines. Texas Strength Systems has a Decline-Flat-Incline bench that looks a lot like the 0-90 bench from Elite FTS but I am not sure of the quality on it? Just wanted to get your thoughts? Legends Fitness also has a Four-Way bench.

Here are the links:

http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/...linebench.html

http://www.legendfitness.com/equipment.php?id=84

Thanks again!

Talked to the CA sales rep for Atlantis
    http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/our-p...-product-line/
    will be making Atlantis equipment part of my tour when driving to LA the 19th tru 22nd.
    Anything Atlantis is really nice, I live in Canada and really like NorthAmerican made stuff.

I have an Atlantis plate tree, which is small potatoes compared to the stuff youre looking at, but as far as plate-trees goes its the nicest one Ive ever seen.

oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dpaz51 View Post
    HealthNut,

The gym equipment is lookin good! Keep it up!

Another thing, I'm searching for a good bench and thought you would be the one to ask! I just ordered the Rogue Flat Utility Bench and I currently have the Body solid Multi-bench. It's a good bench but the pad is not wide enough at all! I like Elite FTS 0-90 bench but I need one that also declines. Texas Strength Systems has a Decline-Flat-Incline bench that looks a lot like the 0-90 bench from Elite FTS but I am not sure of the quality on it? Just wanted to get your thoughts? Legends Fitness also has a Four-Way bench.

Here are the links:

http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/...linebench.html

http://www.legendfitness.com/equipment.php?id=84

Thanks again!
    Not to hi jack but I did a review on the Legend Four-way. I'm a big legend fan. Hope this helps

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124426201
    Workout is no longer optional!!!

Reviews: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124426201

Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145622031&p=898183201#post898183201

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to second the Cybex Squat Press machine someone posted earlier. Specifically, I like how it's not like a linear leg press. You can get real low and work the glutes better, at least that's how it feels to me.

Also, sounds like you already ordered one, but I'd skip out on the kneeling leg curl (selectorized) machine and just go with something like Cybex's kneeling leg curl (plate loaded), since you've got plates already. I love mine.

Kudos on the Ivanko plates, again I love mine. Stay away from Ivanko dumbells, they tend to loosen up too quickly and strip the bolts that hold them in place.

Also, I've only seen this equipment at a hotel in Vegas, but I liked some of their stuff for selectorized equipment. raptorfitnessequipment dot com (sorry I need more posts to post links)

And I too am depressed about the Steelers decision to let Gibson get away (along with fellow former buckeye doug worthington). Good job on the thread and accumulation of equipment.
    Last edited by rpark; 11-04-2010 at 10:44 AM.

I really like this bench

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/p/abd...-raise/2/6/40/

I think if you want the ultimate, assuming you have the room, you'd have to get dedicated benches. I think the Legend seems like a great product and probably one of the best of its kind of being able to do incline, flat, decline... However, if you have the space, like I do, it is hard to beat the rock solid 0 - 90 bench and then a dedicated decline. I suppose if I really had even more space, I'd probably get seperate abs bench and decline bench.

That being said, that legend seems like a great solution for an all-in-one bench for someone who requires such a solution.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-04-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I have to second the Cybex Squat Press machine someone posted earlier. Specifically, I like how it's not like a linear leg press. You can get real low and work the glutes better, at least that's how it feels to me.
    It is nice. I do like it. Kind of unique piece.

Also, sounds like you already ordered one, but I'd skip out on the kneeling leg curl (selectorized) machine and just go with something like Cybex's kneeling leg curl (plate loaded), since you've got plates already. I love mine.
    I used the plate loaded Cybex kneeling for MANY years. I will tell you that that FLEX FITNESS HAMFLEXOR (kneeling leg Curl) is superior. It is an amazing piece, nothing like it. Hamstrings are my favorite to workout. I've tried them all for th emost part. I demoed the new STAR TRAC version of the FLEX FITNESS Hamflexor, and as I said before, it is identical. Amazing, amazing piece. I'm thrilled to buy it. I'm also thrilled to buy their prone leg curl (it is also the same as the FLEX FITNESS). It kicks ass. While the Cybex kneeling leg curl is a classic and excellent value (amazing value actually), it is not as good as the STAR TRAC/Flex Fitness kneeling leg curl. Not only that, you will never be able to lift the whole stack for even a single rep. Those two leg pieces were very well thought out. Like any company, they make STUDS, Average pieces and DUDS. Those two machines are STUDS.

raptorfitnessequipment.com
    I'll check it out.

And I too am depressed about the Steelers decision to let Gibson get away (along with fellow former buckeye doug worthington).
    That totally sucked.

I really like this bench

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/p/abd...-raise/2/6/40/

I think if you want the ultimate, assuming you have the room, you;d have to get dedicated benches. I think the Legend seems like a great product and probably one of the best of its kind of being able to do incline, flat, decline... However, if you have the space, like I do, it is hard to beat the rock solid 0 - 90 bench and then a dedicated decline. I suppose if I really had even more space, I'd probably get seperate abs bench and decline bench.
    Thanks HealthNut!

The reason why I have the Body Solid Multi-Bench and have not went for a plain dedicated decline bench is because when I'm working out alone trying to maneuver dumbbells from 50-100lbs+ it gets kinda tricky on a dedicated decline bench. Which is another big reason I was looking into getting either the Texas Strength Systems Decline-Flat-Incline because it looks a lot like, and hopefully performs and is built like the 0-90 bench from Elite FTS. They list the pad gap less than 1 inch and Competition height & width! Awesome! If Elite made a Decline-Flat-Incline bench I would be all over it. Seems like this could be the next best thing.

The Legend bench looks solid too! The only thing I'm not a huge fan of (which is why I ordered the Rogue Flat Utility Bench) is the gap from the seat pad to the main pad. It's a pain when you slip into the crack when doing flat bench.

I'll let you know if I get the bench from Texas Strength Systems.

Thanks again!

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I own three pieces of Atlantis selectorized equipment (Leg ext/prone curl combo, seated dip, and kickback). They use thicker guide rods than any of the other manufacturers that I have equipment from (BodyMasters, Magnum, Life Fitness, Nautilus, Panatta, Icarian). I prefer Atlantis and BodyMasters equipment, based on the heavier is better mentality. Their stuff just seems more solid than other manufacturers. I also think the Leg ext/prone leg curl is the best leg machine I've came across.
    Is bodymasters still in business? I searched but only come up with used equipment sites and a bodymasters personal trainer and a bodymasters that makes olympic pools.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    Is bodymasters still in business? I searched but only come up with used equipment sites and a bodymasters personal trainer and a bodymasters that makes olympic pools.

BodyMasters was bought by another company and I believe that company has decided to quit making fitness equipment, at least for the foreseeable future.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    STAR TRAC/Flex Fitness kneeling leg curl. Not only that, you will never be able to lift the whole stack for even a single rep.
    I've not used either, but a 155 pound stack doesn't sound all that impressive to me, as I too love to work my hammies. I'll take your word for it, that it's enough weight.

You really should find one of those cybex squat press machines to try out. Now you'll need to keep a healthy supply of 45lb plates handy, but it's my absolute favorite leg sled type of machine. It really feels better on the joints than a linear leg press. Of course it also takes up a big chunk of space.

I haven't seen any mention of any cardio equipment, no treadmills/elliptical machines?

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I've not used either, but a 155 pound stack doesn't sound all that impressive to me, as I too love to work my hammies. I'll take your word for it, that it's enough weight.
    As noted earlier in this thread, I could do the entire stack of the Hammer Strength Kneeling leg curl, MTS series for many reps. The Star Trac model biomechanics is amazing just as is their prone leg curl. I can do the entire stack on most machines or close to it. Nowhere near the case with those two Star Trac models. I'm telling you I can't even do 1/2 the weight stack on the prone machine for the Star Trac prone leg curl selectorized.

Now that being said, a 10 year old girl can do the Star Trac selectorized leg extension machine complete stack. I called the Star trac rep on that and told them they really need to reevaluate that leg extension piece. They get calls like that all the time as do many makers of selctorized equipment. However, it depends on the biomechanics. Some companies hit home runs with some pieces and duds with others. That is the point of this thread. For seeking the ultimate, you really need to cherry pick through all of the best manufacturers and then compare the best of the best to get the ultimate picks in each category.

For instance, I could do the entire stack of the Star Trac selectorized Inclined Press for 20 reps... well, I just stopped at 20 cause it was a joke. I can do the stack on the Lif Fitness Pro Leg curl selectorized. Every ham string machine I can think of selectorized I can do the entire stack... But I'm telling you, the Flex Fitness/Star trac Prone has an Awesome feel, awesome hand grip you can wrap your forearms around, and a weight stack that you'd have to be on serious roids for years to get that whole stack. I'd be amazed if anybody, I mean anybody could do the stack on those Star Trac pieces, even if they weighed 350 and have been on roids for 20 years.

You really should find one of those cybex squat press machines to try out.
    I've done them... they were very popular machines and almost every gym has had them or has them. It is a great piece and also very compact, relatively speaking. I definitely like it!! Its just that now I am taking things to a whole new level. As far as research, Other than the http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Produc...SubCategory=54 which is no longer available new, I need to check out lots of different seated presses and power squat machines. Sure, maybe someday I can get more than one, and maybe the Cybex will be one of them, I am very familiar with it and it does feel very good!

Now you'll need to keep a healthy supply of 45lb plates handy, but it's my absolute favorite leg sled type of machine. It really feels better on the joints than a linear leg press. Of course it also takes up a big chunk of space.
    I got 4 of those IVANKO EZ grip 100 lb plates coming. I'll revisit the CYBEX leg press, I agree it is very unique because you can push straight ahead.

I haven't seen any mention of any cardio equipment, no treadmills/elliptical machines?
    I like to run outdoors here in california all year round, however, I have heard good things about this CYBEX ARC trainer:

http://www.amazon.com/CYBEX-750A-Arc.../dp/B002VL95N4

Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-04-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I like to run outdoors here in california all year round, however, I have heard good things about this CYBEX ARC trainer:

http://www.amazon.com/CYBEX-750A-Arc.../dp/B002VL95N4
    I'm sure they're awesome, but the Precor AMT seems interesting. Never used one, but they look insane. I'd at least put it on a things to try out list:

http://www.amazon.com/Precor-AMT100i.../dp/B0029KL2MO
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." — Mark Twain

Closed Thread