Closed Thread
Page 32 of 268 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rosco75 View Post
    That is one expensive set up bud. Have you second guessed yourself at all and thought maybe it would be more economical to purchase a gym membership?
    Not at all. I've been thinking about this for years. Its a dream come true, although I need a room and house to match it. Its like a dream to have all of the equipment you like all in one spot. When I go to gyms now, I just shake my head... Its just so aweome to pick all of those pieces over the years of working out that you like, but are scattered throughout the country and as well as the space-time continuum.... lol. All of a sudden they are all in one spot. Its a freaking dream. Next project will be how to obtain a house and build a 35' x 60' room... I think after demoing this Pendulum equipment in 2 weeks, this project should wind down for the time being. There really isn't anything I can think of thats left to demo. Although I wouldn't mind demoing some of the Power-Lift Pro Plate loaded pieces and some of the LEVEREdge plate loaded pieces. There are also some Atlantis Fitness pieces I am curious about but have not been able to demo. Theen those scattered pieces like MedX Avenger and things like that...

I'm expecting to pick up the Pendulum Hip Press and the vertical chest and/or Shoulder Incline. I do not think I will be able to fit 3 Pendulum pieces... I'll be lucky to fit 2. It really comes down to how much I like the Shoulder Incline since I will not be able to demo the vertical chest. If for some reason I do not like the shoulder incline, I will get the Hip Press and Vertical chest. I'm willing to buy the vertical chest sight unseen. If I like the Shoulder Incline, I might have to hold off on the vertical chest due to space limitations. Then again, that Shoulder Incline piece is very large. It also depends on how these next 6 pieces fit also. I hope they fit well.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FOOFAC View Post
    Don't forget the MedX Avenger Leg Press. Some people think its better than the Hip Press but I think it's because they feel their quads more which does not necessarily make a better leg press...anyway you should demo one as it is considered one of the best.

http://www.drdarden.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=465558

MedX selectorized leg press $8000 w/ shipping and a weight stack that is not heavy enough for strong people. I own both the MedX Avenger and the MedX Selectorized w/ the extra 200lb stacks and the machine is still too light for my friends and I. The MedX Avenger leg press requires half the weight and has a greater range of motion than the selectorized model. I will never run out of room on my Avenger leg press loading area and if I ever move the machine, it will not require an army and a pint of blood. The Avenger line of equipment is totally awesome, built like a tank and engineered w/o cost in mind, ala cheapo Hammer(Walmart) Strength. This is why most professional sports teams covet the Avenger line.
    Sorry but 5k is a lot to spend - the Avenger is a great Leg press..but thats a ton of dough....
    Take a look at the Pendulum Hip Press made in conjunction with Roger Athletics ..
    Anyone that has used both will tell you which one is better.. The Hip press allows for a greater range of movement with no compression to the spine .. The primary mover becomes the Hips and not the Quads..The Avenger just cannot do that ..
    Regardless they both are great pieces -both great tools, but IMO 5K is a lot to cough up ...
    I have both the Avenger and the Pendulum. Both are very good machines but if I had to choose just one it would definitely be the Avenger. It is a shame that it is no longer manufactured because IMHO it is the best Leg Press ever made!
    Wow, some interesting talk on that thread above.

I'll have to check these out also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K7X2OAAih0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6E-BCBlAgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPooIu_fDEA

http://assets.houstontexans.com/asse...tallment41.pdf
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 09-02-2011 at 05:04 PM.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Saw one of those MedX Avenger leg presses in mint condition selling on ebay a couple of months ago. I was outbid at the last minute. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Ended up buying an Icarian leg press from FlexHead who posted the leg press on this site about month ago. Overall I'm happy with the purchase... it's a very smooth leg press. I may repaint and change the pads on the leg press in the future. If anyone here is selling or knows someone whose selling a Nebula vertical leg press please PM me with pics of the machine.

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Saw one of those MedX Avenger leg presses in mint condition selling on ebay a couple of months ago. I was outbid at the last minute. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Ended up buying an Icarian leg press from FlexHead who posted the leg press on this site about month ago. Overall I'm happy with the purchase... it's a very smooth leg press. I may repaint and change the pads on the leg press in the future. If anyone here is selling or knows someone whose selling a Nebula vertical leg press please PM me with pics of the machine.
    I've been to a ton of gyms in many different states, but I don't recall seeing any Avenger stuff. I've seen some selectorized MedX stuff in some Gold's Gyms, but thats about it. I wouldn't mind demoing the whole line, but I have no clue who even has that plate loaded line anymore.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I've been to a ton of gyms in many different states, but I don't recall seeing any Avenger stuff. I've seen some selectorized MedX stuff in some Gold's Gyms, but thats about it. I wouldn't mind demoing the whole line, but I have no clue who even has that plate loaded line anymore.
    HealthNut,

Not a fan of the MedX selectorized line. I can't speak for the Avenger. Like you, I have not come across it. We are slowly getting rid of the MedX equipment. It is not to popular with our folks.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ah yes, the Cybex plate loaded kneeling leg curl is awesome. I think we've brough that up early in this thread. I used it throughout Penn State and also at quite a few gyms in the 90's... I can't argue with that, it is a wonderful piece.. and yes, I'd say it is a home run piece. That Cybex kneeling plate loaded leg curl was my top pick until I tried the latest version of the Flex Fitness kneeling leg curl, which became the Star Trac Leg curl. Interstingly enough, I went to a Crunch gym last week and found the first version of the Star Trac (slightly revised) from the last version of the Flex Fitness version. The biomechanics all remained the same since the last Flex Fitness version, but the most recent version of the Star Trac kneeling leg curl has some nice minor tweaks and better cosmetics. It also has a way to add 5, 10, and 15 lb choices to the 20 lb plate stacks, wherea the prior model had 10 lb plates only. Not only that, you have the convenience of a selectorized unit and the lock and load buttons. Further, as I mentioned early in this thread, leg curls and hams are my favorite exercise (along with shoulders). I routinely do the stack on all hamstring machines. However, the pulley physics on the Star track piece makes the weights heavier. I cannot do the stack on the Kneeling Leg curl, nor the prone leg curl. By the way, the Star Track prone leg curl is FN amazing, as if I haven't said it enough. There isn't even a close runner up. Sure I like deadlifts, but this machine is just gold to me... both of those. They are also the only two Star Trac pieces I own (but it is thanks to Flex Fitness that designed them). Whoever at Flex designed those pieces, I have to say Kudos to you, just fn amazing.

Yes, some people really like the Cybex 'pivot press' plate loaded as well... But the cost no object choice IMO would be the Atlantis Pivot press or the Pendulum hip press. Of course I have to demo those pendulum pieces to see if I concur with the general absolute love of that hip press everyone seems to have.

But hey, I am very thankful to Cybex for making a few pieces that are homeruns. No company hits every piece out of the park, so thats why we are here. Its like buying a CD and getting 1 or 2 great songs, and the rest kinda suck :-) Its as if the designers have a real feel for certain body parts or machines, but are forced into making a whole line.
    I would argue that Cybex's best piece of equipment is their Arc Trainer and Bravo Functional Trainer. Both are making their way into many athletic and military facilities. That is especially true of the new High Intensity Tactical Training (HITT) centers that the Army, Marines and Air Force are opening up. The Arc Trainer is in particular a very popular piece because trainers are seeing gains in endurance, power and strength. It also takes much of the stress off the joints, yet it has a range of resistance up to 900 watts. The only other functional trainer that is in Cybex's class is the Tuff Stuff FTX, which is a truly great piece. The FTX and Bravo have a pad that allows for full or partial stabilization or you can not use it at all and go unstabilized.

It appears that Cybex is going to make a bigger play with collegiate and professional athletics. Their new line of Big Iron Racks (share much in common with the Power Lift Racks) were essentially designed with that in mind. It also appears they are going to expand that Big Iron line as well as the plate loaded line over the next year.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    I would argue that Cybex's best piece of equipment is their Arc Trainer and Bravo Functional Trainer. Both are making their way into many athletic and military facilities. That is especially true of the new High Intensity Tactical Training (HITT) centers that the Army, Marines and Air Force are opening up. The Arc Trainer is in particular a very popular piece because trainers are seeing gains in endurance, power and strength. It also takes much of the stress off the joints, yet it has a range of resistance up to 900 watts. The only other functional trainer that is in Cybex's class is the Tuff Stuff FTX, which is a truly great piece. The FTX and Bravo have a pad that allows for full or partial stabilization or you can not use it at all and go unstabilized.

It appears that Cybex is going to make a bigger play with collegiate and professional athletics. Their new line of Big Iron Racks (share much in common with the Power Lift Racks) were essentially designed with that in mind. It also appears they are going to expand that Big Iron line as well as the plate loaded line over the next year.
    You sound like a sales rep from GymSource. They push those 2 functional trainers pretty heavily. No wonder, they both retail for close to 6 grand! Their really nothing special in my opinion. I'd rather go for freemotion's functional trainer if I was going that route... for less money. Yeah for cardio, the Arc Trainer's a nice piece but it's a heck of a lot of money. It retails for about 7 grand at GymSource, but like I mentioned earlier, I can get just as good a workout running outside and I'm 46 and have no joint issues at all.
    Last edited by harrisg83; 09-03-2011 at 08:51 AM.

HealthNut,

Not a fan of the MedX selectorized line. I can't speak for the Avenger. Like you, I have not come across it. We are slowly getting rid of the MedX equipment. It is not to popular with our folks.
    I didn't like any of the selectorized pieces I ran into either, but would be great to demo the Avenger stuff... seems near impossible to find...

You sound like a sales rep from GymSource. They push those 2 functional trainers pretty heavily. No wonder, they both retail for close to 6 grand! Their really nothing special in my opinion. I'd rather go for freemotion's functional trainer if I was going that route... for less money. Yeah for cardio, the Arc Trainer's a nice piece but it's a heck of a lot of money. It retails for about 7 grand at GymSource, but like I mentioned earlier, I can get just as good a workout running outside and I'm 46 and have no joint issues at all.
    I feel the same way about running. As long as I am in California, I've got fresh air and can run easily all year round. However, at some point in the future, I would look more into an Arc Trainer and also a top of the line treadmill for completeness sake, and other peoples desires...

No sales rep for any company (don't work for an equipment manufacturer, run a fitness equipment store or own a gym). Just passing what I think about those two pieces of equipment and what others also think too, many of whom work with the military, government or athletic departments. I have used many different Functional Trainers (Inspire, Life Fitness, Precor, Matrix, etc) and I think that the FTX and Bravo are the best that can be bought. I know you mentioned the Free Motion Functional Trainer and it is good, but not any sort of stand out.

As for the Arc Trainer, yes it sales for 7 grand (can be had for less), but commercial line treadmills, crosstrainers, ellipticals, etc are all going north of 5 grand at a minimum. The Precor AMT is 8 grand and the Free Motion Strider is nearly 7 grand. Yes, you can run outside, but these are other options. And count yourself as blessed that at 46 you don't have joint issues.

And at the end of the day, that is my opinion. I know HealthNut is a big fan of Atlantis stuff. I think it is good, but not to the degree that he thinks it is. Kind of like arguing about cars in the end. Much of it is personal preference.

I agree with you Skyaura. Which machine or brand of machine we end up liking depends on our specific body mechanics and goals. I really hope I end up liking the Atlantis stuff I just ordered. I've heard really great things about their equipment, and not only from HealthNut MD. Last week I ordered a Smith Machine, Lat Pulldown, and Incline T-Bar from them. Anyway, I think we can all agree that the whole line of Hoist strength equipment totally blows. LOL And thanks for not taking my reply personally Skyaura, I didn't mean anything by it.

I know HealthNut is a big fan of Atlantis stuff. I think it is good, but not to the degree that he thinks it is. Kind of like arguing about cars in the end. Much of it is personal preference.
    I'm not a fan of entire Lines, I'm a fan of individual machines which got it right, the best of its type of machine. I'm not a "fan of Atlantis stuff", I'm a fan of some of their machines and power racks. Like any line, there are only some that are home-runs.

I think their D-123 pulldown, High row, 40 degree leg press, dipping station, and a few other machines were the best of the best of their type of machine. Certainly, I had some modifications done to the power Squat and the 40 degree leg press that made them a no compromise category winner IMO.

I'm not a fan of any line. Its all about cherry picking. Every company makes a stud or two and lots of duds. Some more studs than others.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that the whole line of Hoist strength equipment totally blows. LOL And thanks for not taking my reply personally Skyaura, I didn't mean anything by it.
    Hehe, yes, nothing but duds from the Hoist line. Not a single piece I like.

I agree with you Skyaura. Which machine or brand of machine we end up liking depends on our specific body mechanics and goals. I really hope I end up liking the Atlantis stuff I just ordered. I've heard really great things about their equipment, and not only from HealthNut MD. Last week I ordered a Smith Machine, Lat Pulldown, and Incline T-Bar from them. Anyway, I think we can all agree that the whole line of Hoist strength equipment totally blows. LOL And thanks for not taking my reply personally Skyaura, I didn't mean anything by it.
    No issues. By the way, the Free Motion Dual Cable Cross Functional Trainer is $5,495. The home version of that is $4,000. The Cybex Bravo is $6,195. If I remember correctly, the Tuff Stuff FTX cost $5,100. The home version that Cybex and Tuff Stuff sell is their commercial unit. Either way, that is a lot of coin. But, these machines are capable of many types of exercises. Consider some of the equipment that HealthNut is buying, some well North of $3,000 and they can do exactly one exercise. So in the grand scheme of things, that is not nearly as bad.

The question actually becomes is whether the FTX or Bravo is worth $2,000 to $3,000 more than a Functional Trainer from Life Fitness or Precor. Cybex and Tuff Stuff sell another Functional Trainer, the FT 325 and CXT -100 respectively for a couple thousand dollars less. Both are traditional functional trainers that do not come with the stabilization pad, which is their big feature.

If it is my money, they are not worth that much more. But, if allowed to pick one, no cost, I will go with the FTX or Bravo.
    As to Gym Source, I believe they carry Tuff Stuff, Hampton, Cybex, True and Hoist equipment, so it is understandable that they would push those lines. Go to Fitness Resource and they will try to sell you on their Matrix, Octane, Vision and Landice equipment. Leisure Fitness will push Precor, Life Fitness, Body Solid and Inspire. And of course what they carry is going to be better than what the other guy is selling. All you can do is go try it out. I have found that many times the best route to go is through direct sales with the manufacturer of that particular piece of equipment.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hehe, yes, nothing but duds from the Hoist line. Not a single piece I like.
    lol I'm kinda glad to see someone else thinks this. It seems alot of people like hoist around here, but I think they have some of the worst designs I've seen in a long time, to the point where I honestly believe that alot of their design decisions revolve more around what the machine will 'look' like, rather than how it will function.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    lol I'm kinda glad to see someone else thinks this. It seems alot of people like hoist around here, but I think they have some of the worst designs I've seen in a long time, to the point where I honestly believe that alot of their design decisions revolve more around what the machine will 'look' like, rather than how it will function.
    Yea, I've tried every single piece of selectorized and plate loaded piece they make. Waste of a metal and waste of a company... Don't know how they are in buisness except for places like 24 hour Fitness seem to buy the whole line...

mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand the thread title? lol

Yes apparently. Is English your primary language?

mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes apparently. Is English your primary language?
    Yeah

"Cost No Object Machines and Free Weights"
    wat does this mean

bulking on lechon and PB shoot2turtle's Avatar
    shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mickfortis View Post
    Yeah

"Cost No Object: Machines and Free Weights"
    wat does this mean
    fixed. now do you understand?
    "When your takedown defense consists of calling the other guy gay, you're in deep ****." -hargainer82

→ FLIP GAMEOVER CREW ←
    Treasure Hunter Crew [THC]

HealthNut MD, I was wondering why you were considering purchasing the Atlanits pivot press when you already have their 40 degree leg press. Do you feel the stress of the movement in a different area with each machine? I was thinking since the pivot/squat press' load/resistance is placed low on the machine maybe you feel it, (especially if you place you feet high on the platform), more in you gluteal/hamstring area rather than in the quads as with a traditional leg press. Does the pivot press' back pad adjust? Couldn't tell from the pics you provided. I have short legs and might need the back pad to adjust to get my feet high on the platform.

Thanks

HealthNut MD, I was wondering why you were considering purchasing the Atlantis pivot press when you already have their 40 degree leg press. Do you feel the stress of the movement in a different area with each machine? I was thinking since the pivot/squat press' load/resistance is placed low on the machine maybe you feel it, (especially if you place you feet high on the platform), more in you gluteal/hamstring area rather than in the quads as with a traditional leg press. Does the pivot press' back pad adjust? Couldn't tell from the pics you provided. I have short legs and might need the back pad to adjust to get my feet high on the platform.

Thanks
    I asked the same questions when I was demoing all of the Atlantis Leg equipment in Bakersfield. The pivot press is similar to the hip press in that it emphasizes the quads less than the 40 degree leg press, with more involvement of the hips, hams, glutes, etc..

So to me, it is really the Pendulum Hip Press vs. the Avenger leg press vs. the Atlantis Pivot Press. You can put bands on the Atlantis Pivot Press which is nice. As I mentioned before, its just seems to me that the Pendulum hip press is a very well though out piece of equipment, whereas the Pivot press is a little more generic. All three of these pieces are great. I'd want to have a leg press in addition to one of the three mentioned here. Yes, the Pivot Press has lots of seat adjustment, tons of adjustment! But so do the other pieces. I'm looking forward to the demo of the hip press. I wish I was driving down to LA--USC tomorrow after work. The last I heard was that Saturday the 17th would be ok, but I haven;t gotten the confirm yet. As of now, I plan on driving down a week from tomorrow.

I also have the Atlantis Power squat as you know (modified with a larger foot placement area).

I'd love to demo that MedX Avenger leg press. It certainly doesn't look special on the videos, but I can't argue with the universal love for that machine. Maybe one day I can pick one up in addition to the Pendulum hip press.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 09-08-2011 at 01:05 PM.

[QUOTE=HealthNutMD;747733653]I asked the same questions when I was demoing all of the Atlantis Leg equipment in Bakersfield. The pivot press is similar to the hip press in that it emphasizes the quads less than the 40 degree leg press, with more involvement of the hips, hams, glutes, etc..

So to me, it is really the Pendulum Hip Press vs. the Avenger leg press vs. the Atlantis Pivot Press. You can put bands on the Atlantis Pivot Press which is nice. As I mentioned before, its just seems to me that the Pendulum hip press is a very well though out piece of equipment, whereas the Pivot press is a little more generic. All three of these pieces are great. I'd want to have a leg press in addition to one of the three mentioned here. Yes, the Pivot Press has lots of seat adjustment, tons of adjustment! But so do the other pieces. I'm looking forward to the demo of the hip press. I wish I was driving down to LA--USC tomorrow after work. The last I heard was that Saturday the 17th would be ok, but I haven;t gotten the confirm yet. As of now, I plan on driving down a week from tomorrow.

I also have the Atlantis Power squat as you know (modified with a larger foot placement area).

Looking forward to seeing how you rate the Pendulum Standing Pro Squat vs. your Atlantis Power Squat. It's a shame USC doesn't have the Pendulum Vertical Chest Press. It's looks to be an awesome piece but for my $3,700 quote I could get a couple of Hammer Strength Chest pieces and still have enough left over for Eagles season tickets! For that kind of money for a plate loaded upper body machine it better be the best of it's kind in the world.

Delivery of the Hammer Mid row is coming Monday at 8:45 a.m... Going to have to due some serious rearranging upstairs. Actually, I think I'm literall going to have to get out some graph paper and make some cutouts of the machines and move all the pieces of paper around to see what works best. I don't see any good room planning software that allows me to set sizes for shapes.... That Strive equipment can't come soon enough cause I won't know how many pieces of Pendulum equipment I can get until I see how the Strive stuff fits..

Looking forward to seeing how you rate the Pendulum Standing Pro Squat vs. your Atlantis Power Squat. It's a shame USC doesn't have the Pendulum Vertical Chest Press. It's looks to be an awesome piece but for my $3,700 quote I could get a couple of Hammer Strength Chest pieces and still have enough left over for Eagles season tickets! For that kind of money for a plate loaded upper body machine it better be the best of it's kind in the world.
    Well, from my talks with people, it really is the best vertical chest press. People say it gives them a rediculous pump and feels almost like a pec-dec or something. All (4) of the vertical Hammer chest pieces are a little rough on the shoulders and there is no prestretch adjustement. If I really like the shoulder Incline machine, I'm screwed :-) then I'll have to get all three Pendulum machines now (and possibly more in the future if the demo goes well. Yes, the Pendulum Standing PRO SQUAT looks really cool as well. I'll take some pics and videos while I'm there.

Just look at this beauty!

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 09-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Delivery of the Hammer Mid row is coming Monday at 8:45 a.m... Going to have to due some serious rearranging upstairs. Actually, I think I'm literall going to have to get out some graph paper and make some cutouts of the machines and move all the pieces of paper around to see what works best.
    I use duct tape. It's great for everything... band aids, duct work and gym layouts!

Regarding the pivot press and hip press type leg presses, to answer harris's question... yes, that type of equipment seems to work not only the quads, but moving the legs higher helps work the glutes and hammys.

Consequently, I tested out the Star Trac kneeling leg curl today, and I'm in love all over again. It was so smooth I can't believe more companies don't produce this machine. I only know of Lifefitness/hammer and Cybex make a kneeling plate loaded machine, but that's it. Because of my visit, I think it may be worth looking at some other Star Trac machines. They used a belt / pulley drive that just seem so much smoother than the other machines I've used. I'll be testing out some life fitness signature plate loaded equipment tomorrow afternoon, just to make sure.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Consequently, I tested out the Star Trac kneeling leg curl today, and I'm in love all over again. It was so smooth I can't believe more companies don't produce this machine.
    Hell Yes! I know! I used it last night along with the Star Trac prone leg curl... They are both FN amazing!! There isn't even a close second anywhere. Glad you got to demo it! If you haven't demoed the Star Trac Prone leg curl, you should... its absoultely the best prone leg curl... not even a close second by anybody. The arm handles, contour of the pads, everything about it is just shear perfection.

I only know of Lifefitness/hammer and Cybex make a kneeling plate loaded machine, but that's it.
    Early in this thread you can see my pics and demo of the Hammer Kneeling leg curl: I think it sucks.

If for some reason I had to pick another kneeling leg curl, it would be the Cybex plate loaded piece, but it isn't on the same par as the Star Trac piece. The Cybex kneeling leg curl is however a home run, just not a grand slam like the Star Trac Kneeling leg curl.

Because of my visit, I think it may be worth looking at some other Star Trac machines. They used a belt / pulley drive that just seem so much smoother than the other machines I've used. I'll be testing out some life fitness signature plate loaded equipment tomorrow afternoon, just to make sure.
    I didn't like any of the signature plate loaded Life Fitness plate loaded pieces, but let me know if you find something you like and I'll give it a second spin. The Life fitness Signature Plate loaded mid-row has slightly less prestrecth than the Hammer version, as noted earlier in this thread.

I also do not like any other Star Track pieces, for what its worth. Strange but the weight stacks on the other Star Trac pieces are also insufficient. In any case, as you know, the kneeling leg curl and prone leg curls are GRAND SLAMS.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I use duct tape. It's great for everything... band aids, duct work and gym layouts!

Regarding the pivot press and hip press type leg presses, to answer harris's question... yes, that type of equipment seems to work not only the quads, but moving the legs higher helps work the glutes and hammys.

Consequently, I tested out the Star Trac kneeling leg curl today, and I'm in love all over again. It was so smooth I can't believe more companies don't produce this machine. I only know of Lifefitness/hammer and Cybex make a kneeling plate loaded machine, but that's it. Because of my visit, I think it may be worth looking at some other Star Trac machines. They used a belt / pulley drive that just seem so much smoother than the other machines I've used. I'll be testing out some life fitness signature plate loaded equipment tomorrow afternoon, just to make sure.
    Hi, I know someone based out of Bridgeton, New Jersey who buys and sells used equipment. He currently has a star trac kneeling leg curl in what looks to be in brand new condition. I believe he's asking $1,399 for the piece but I'm sure it's negotiable. They go for about $2,600 brand new. I would buy it myself but I recently purchased a new cybex kneeling leg curl. The other thing, all of my pieces have white frames with black padding and this piece is silver with light blue pads. He also has a Epic Freemotion Plate Loaded Squat in silver with black pads that also looks to be in new condition. I would have bought that piece myself except for the color. Not sure if the color of the machine matters that much to you. As far a guys who sell used equipment he's a really honest guy and I've dealt with quite a few shaddy salesman in the fitness business in the past few years. His name is Dan and he posts his stuff on e-bay. If your really interested you can PM and I'll leave you his phone #.

Hell Yes! I know! I used it last night along with the Star Trac prone leg curl... They are both FN amazing!! There isn't even a close second anywhere. Glad you got to demo it! If you haven't demoed the Star Trac Prone leg curl, you should... its absoultely the best prone leg curl... not even a close second by anybody. The arm handles, contour of the pads, everything about it is just shear perfection.

Hey HealtNut MD, spoke to your Star Trac sales guy last week and he said he would send me out a quote that day...never got back to me. I don't get these guys. My LifeFitness/HammerStrength sales guy has been great. His name is Mike S. Last year I cancelled a big order with him when the lease for my personal training center fell through. He never held it against me and this time around my original quote for 1 piece has grown into a 8 piece order for my home. He's a professional and most of these sales guys aren't, in my opinion, that's why most of them don't last long with the same company.

Hey HealtNut MD, spoke to your Star Trac sales guy last week and he said he would send me out a quote that day...never got back to me. I don't get these guys. My LifeFitness/HammerStrength sales guy has been great. His name is Mike S. Last year I cancelled a big order with him when the lease for my personal training center fell through. He never held it against me and this time around my original quote for 1 piece has grown into a 8 piece order for my home. He's a professional and most of these sales guys aren't, in my opinion, that's why most of them don't last long with the same company.
    I just left a mesage for Mike Wescott at Star Trac. I've always received prompt responses from him, so I just called to ask him for another phone number or another contact if he is not able to return sales quotes in a prompt fashion. In any case, Those 2 leg curls are perfection, and it deserves another phone call. I don't take it personally anyore if someone doesn't return my call. There are a lot of 'suboptimal' workers in this world, so I will simply call again as many times as needed if someone is not doing what they say, or what they should be doing.

Aggreed on Mike at Life Fitness. He's a great guy in charge of consumer sales. He's awesome and also has some authority also... great to deal with.

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 268 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast