Closed Thread
Page 30 of 268 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm still waiting on Strive to get the order going. I'm going to get those 4 pieces, but the communication has slowed down. Some of it is due to the fact I wanted to add some more plates to the weight stack on the rotary torso. From what I remembered when demoing the Strive rotary torso, it was fine. I always test the weight stack obviously to see if the weight is sufficient. I could recall testing it for that and being fine with it. Anyway, I suppose I just want to make sure. I'm gonna pay an extra 500.00 for some custom welding that will allow them to swap out the 165 lb stack for their 265 lb stack. Even if I added only 2 more plates, it would have required some custom welding, so I might as well add a total of 5 more (20 lb) plates. Anyway, looks like its gonna be about $15K shipped, lifgate only.

FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I got some P.M.s about an herb supplement and it realyl makes me mad. I really don't want to hear about how some herb supplement is going to tack down my torn labrum... please, I really don't need to hear such nonsense. A lot of people function ok with torn labrums, I just have to hope mine will be ok like it is... otherwise I might be consulting an ortho to see about the possibility of gettng my labrum tacked down. Its way to early. I'm hopeful that it will be ok. I just keep getting pissed about how I ran that uhaul into an overpass.
    A guy with a recreation degree told me that he tore his rotator cuff (never saw a Doctor, just knew it was tore) got a massage and it was better within a week...lol
    My last 2 tears have taken me years to recover from and you never fully recover.

Originally Posted by RBLOCK View Post
    LOL at this. We really need more medical regulation of the family of "dietary supplements"....problem is, the uneducated would pay $100 for a 30 days' supply if they think it'll clear up all their orthopedic issues.
    People are stupid and the supplement industry preys on stupidity.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I recall correctly, you purchased a couple of Ivanko bars and seemed to like them initially. After using them a while, do you still feel happy with that purchase, or would you go a different direction if you had to do it again. Are the Ivanko bars really the best bars?

tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just to chime in on the shoulder issue, I had a Bankart lesion (labrum tear) when I was 18 and had surgery when I was 19. Best thing I ever did, I think the surgery helped but physical therapy was what actually got me into working out. I lost a little range of motion, but can do all exercises, pushing and pulling with no pain (my shoulder is actually only tight when squatting of all things while I'm holding the bar . Like healthnut stated I was told it wouldn't re-attach itself, I'm just an advocate of getting the surgery done quickly and getting on the road to recovery as opposed to nursing an injury for years.

Funny thing a little over two years ago I was feeling super human strong and had an awesome leg workout. Was laying in bed and coughed and felt my insides pop out by my testicles (hernia, ended up having two) Was in surgery with in a week and lifting again within 6 weeks.

Anyways I probably just have to much faith in surgeons....

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tjp15785 View Post
    Just to chime in on the shoulder issue, I had a Bankart lesion (labrum tear) when I was 18 and had surgery when I was 19. Best thing I ever did, I think the surgery helped but physical therapy was what actually got me into working out. I lost a little range of motion, but can do all exercises, pushing and pulling with no pain (my shoulder is actually only tight when squatting of all things while I'm holding the bar . Like healthnut stated I was told it wouldn't re-attach itself, I'm just an advocate of getting the surgery done quickly and getting on the road to recovery as opposed to nursing an injury for years.

Funny thing a little over two years ago I was feeling super human strong and had an awesome leg workout. Was laying in bed and coughed and felt my insides pop out by my testicles (hernia, ended up having two) Was in surgery with in a week and lifting again within 6 weeks.

Anyways I probably just have to much faith in surgeons....
    Well, both of those conditions required surgery, so you didn't have much choice really. It is so rediculous that you did a good leg workout just fine, then got the hernia from a cough... although that doesn;t surprise me I guess since people break ribs coughing and coughing is forceful... it just sucks though.

Sounds like the labrum getting tacked down really helped you.

I got my revised quote from Strive. I was very pleasantly surprised by the total quote including shipping. There is no doubt they are eating some of the shipping charges. In any case, the total price for all 4 pieces, including the weight stack modification to the rotary torso (required custom welding and frame to put on the 265 lb weight stack). came to 14,5 K. I was expecting a few hundred dollars more at least. Anyway, I really like their Deltoid Lateral raise. Their inner/outer thigh is the only combo unit I know of that has a heavy enough weight stack for me and also does close to 180 degree spread. No other combo inner/outer met both of those criteria. I can't remember my demo of the Atlantis combo Abd/Add but the foot print is huge.. I'm not driving back to Bakersfield to demo that one unit, espcialy when the Strive piece meets my criteria... I tried lots of combo (or single) units and they all fail. I can usually do like 30 reps with the stack on most of those inner/outer machines. Strive 265 lb weight stack was more than adequate. I recall not even being able to do a single rep with the stack. One of the other forum members here bought the Strive Plate loaded bicep recently and loves it, so that really pushed me over the fence.

From what I remember, the weight stack on the rotary torso was adequate, but I'm afraid I'll outgrow the 165 lb stack on the rotary torso. I should have paid more attention. The owner's wife said the Packers and/or Steelers have it, and nobody previously has requested to add more plates to that rotary torso. Anyway, whatever, its a done deal, it will have 265 lb stack and custom frame.

I talked again with Rogers Athletic. I left a voicemail on the USC strength coach about coming for a visit. Apparently they have the shoulder incline and some other pieces. I tell you I'm really tempted to get the shoulder incline and just take my chances, I'm really sick of driving 5-6 hours for demos and blowing weekends on that... I'm like a hair away from ordering that piece and hoping that it meets my expectation. I just would hate to have to go thru the hassle and expense if it doesn;t meet expectations... Having to put it on ebay and take a major hit...

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    If I recall correctly, you purchased a couple of Ivanko bars and seemed to like them initially. After using them a while, do you still feel happy with that purchase, or would you go a different direction if you had to do it again. Are the Ivanko bars really the best bars?
    I have no change of heart. I really like that Ivanko bar... for 1K, I should like it. I certainly like it a lot better than the Texas Power Bar I have. At this point, I'm waiting on 2 more T-Grip Barbells: Single grip 7' and double angled 7' . Hopefully Tim won't take to long on those two.

I just ordered a 4th round of Ivanko Revolver plates, should be here next week... Wow, I laugh now at my original thoughts on how many plates I need. I mostly need them for the leg press and also the fact I have 3 different room of equipment and don't want to drag plates everywhere. also, it is really nice to leave a single 45 on each piece of weight equipment. So I ordered 5 more pairs of 45s... but I think that is the 4th time I ordered another 5 pairs...

Another reason I probably started this project before getting 100% situated with a permanent job position and house is I just wanted to "lock it in". You never know what can happen in the future. Maybe you meet a girl and for whatever reason, this project would have created a strain on the relationship. Some girls come with cats, I come with a gym. I don't have to 'ask permission' at some future point.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-22-2011 at 05:49 PM.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no change of heart. I really like that Ivanko bar... for 1K, I should like it. I certainly like it a lot better than the Texas Power Bar I have. At this point, I'm waiting on 2 more T-Grip Barbells: Single grip 7' and double angled 7' . Hopefully Tim won't take to long on those two.

I just ordered a 4th round of Ivanko Revolver plates, should be here next week... Wow, I laugh now at my original thoughts on how many plates I need. I mostly need them for the leg press and also the fact I have 3 different room of equipment and don't want to drag plates everywhere. also, it is really nice to leave a single 45 on each piece of weight equipment. So I ordered 5 more pairs of 45s... but I think that is the 4th time I ordered another 5 pairs...

Another reason I probably started this project before getting 100% situated with a permanent job position and house is I just wanted to "lock it in". You never know what can happen in the future. Maybe you meet a girl and for whatever reason, this project would have created a strain on the relationship. Some girls come with cats, I come with a gym. I don't have to 'ask permission' at some future point.

I pulled the trigger on the cheaper black oxide version of your bar tonight OBX-20KG and a 5 ft curl bar OBZ-30. I already had the 6ft curl bar OBZ-40. I would have loved to have gotten Ivanko revolvers when I bought my plates, but couldn't pass up the .40/lb price that I got on my Intek grip plates (they look like the slotted Ivankos). I agree regarding the convenience of having a lot of plates (I bought 2700lbs). I also agree about getting the gym prior to getting the girl (could have been a tough sell). Luckily, my wife has an interest in working out and also buys equipment for herself. Don't forget to give us a review of the T-Grip bar. I'm especially interested in the angled double grip. I'd just like to know that it is worth the money before I take the plunge.

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the cheaper black oxide version of your bar tonight OBX-20KG and a 5 ft curl bar OBZ-30. I already had the 6ft curl bar OBZ-40. I would have loved to have gotten Ivanko revolvers when I bought my plates, but couldn't pass up the .40/lb price that I got on my Intek grip plates (they look like the slotted Ivankos). I agree regarding the convenience of having a lot of plates (I bought 2700lbs). I also agree about getting the gym prior to getting the girl (could have been a tough sell). Luckily, my wife has an interest in working out and also buys equipment for herself. Don't forget to give us a review of the T-Grip bar. I'm especially interested in the angled double grip. I'd just like to know that it is worth the money before I take the plunge.
    I have an OBX-20KG, and it is my very favorite barbell: for that reason it is my bench press bar. I'm being completely sincere when I say it is hands down the best barbell I've ever used. For the record, I prefer bushing bars to needle bearing bars.

Penulum SHOULDER INCLINE MACHINE:

The Pendulum Shoulder Incline Machine utilizes Set Extenstion Technology to allow varied training. Adjust the machine from military shoulder press to multi-angle incline chest press to optimize stimulation.

The fully adjustable seat allows for any athlete to be put in the correct and comfortable position.

Adjustable Seat: Seat tilts, slides back and forth and adjusts up and down. The adjustable seat allows an athlete to acheive a correct and comfortable position.

424 lbs.
    70" Height
    74" Length
    57" Width

Here is a little more info on this piece:

http://info.rogersathletic.com/get-s...per-Body-Beast

The New Upper Body Beast

Sunir Jossan has a Masters Degree in Exercise, over 20 years of fitness training and programming much of it for the United States Government. He has written numerous fitness articles and is certified as a SWAT Fitness Specialist. He resides in the Washington, DC area.

The other day I had the opportunity to demo the new Rogers Pendulum Shoulder/Incline. I was pretty skeptical when Tyler Hobson, the Pendulum designer, told me about the machine. His original Pendulum Chest and original Shoulder are favorites of mine and are tremendous training tools. The Chest really took the shearing off of the shoulder joint and was built like a piece of art. Probably one of the best Chest machines ever made and pretty easy to use .

My trainees rave about how they feel on the original shoulder machine. No pressure to shoulder joint and the great strength curve. The machine has allowed me to train those that cannot press anymore or have had shoulder rehab. Both, great tools in their own right and built to stand the test of time .

So, demoing the new Shoulder/Incline, I really had a bias to the old stuff. After a tutorial from Tyler, a few seat adjustments and a few reps later .. I was blown away.

The machine allows you to manipulate seat height, seat degrees, seat position and the hands starting positions. Why is this important? Most machines only allow you to vary the seat height.

By changing the start positions for the hands, combined with the seat adjustments, you can mold the machine around the trainee. Its limitless.

Lay the angle back, move the seat forward and bring the arms down – you are performing a chest press movement …. Move the seat more upright, bring the seat back and you are performing incline press movement. Want a shoulder press, bring the seat back up and raise the movement arms– ALL IN ONE MACHINE.

In my gym, space is an issue, 3 machines in one solves it.

It truly is a BEAST!!

I'm really starting to weaken on this piece... Its so tempting to just go for it. Can this one piece excell at all 3 things: chest, incline chest, and shoulder press? Is it truly a no compromise 3 machines in one? Interestingly I see no convergence of the arms on this piece. Typical chest and shoulder machines have converging lever arms.

Certainly the handles are not angled like they are with the vertical press, not that they need to be, but typicall there is at least a 10-20 degree angle.

More pics:

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-23-2011 at 12:10 AM.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would buy that piece. It looks so adjustable you are bound to find a sweet spot where your shoulder feels okay.

Its certainly is unique... nothing like that by anybody else.

Actually, my shoulder feels fine with machines and bar presses... I think the only thing that was hurting it was trying to raise a dumbell in front of me, with my arm straight ahead. I haven't tried that in about a year, so I'll see how things go over the next few months. So the Shoulder incline appeal really has nothing to do with shoulder issues, but simply the fact that it could be excellent at all 3 functions: flat chest, incline chest, and shoulders.

I just had a nice hour long talk with Tyler. I told him my concern that I would rather have three seperate machines that are completely optomized for one function, vs one machine that is only 90% as good trying to do 3 functions. Anyway, Tyler is awesome and patient... and just amazing to talk to. He really, really knows his kinesiology of course. We talked about why he doesn't believe in converging lever arms, since that was one of my questions as well. He feels very confident in the new shoulder incline, however, when I kept pressing him about the "rather have 3 machines that work 100% on each vs have one machine that does 90% on each" he said maybe I should start out with the vertical chest press since that is a "clear homerun, 5 stars". He is going to give me the phone number to a guy who owns a ton of Pendulum for his home gym and bought the Shoulder Incline as well as the Veritcal chest press. I suppose I'll be patient for a couple more days. In the meantime, I'm going to get a quote on those pieces individually as well as together. With 6 more pieces coming, I was going to have a hard time fitting the shoulder incline... I don't know if I can fit both. Those pendulum pieces have a large floor print. The USC Strength coach called while I was talking to Tyler, so I couldn't pick up. Apparently USC doesn't have the Shoulder incline, but they do have the vertical chest. I'm just so sick of driving or flying and I really don't have a reason to go to LA right now... and its like 5.5 hour drive. I'd almost just rather take my chances... I suppose it would be nice to hav eboth of those machines. I could use the vertical chest press, and then use the shoulder machine for incline chest and shoulders. Well, thats a thought anyway. I don't think I can fit both though.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For what it's worth, I had a brief email conversation with the Strength guy at Toledo and another at a KY high school, and they both actually said they have the shoulder/incline press but they don't get much use out of them. One of them has a philosophical opposition to upper body presses, the other said they actually prefer free weights to the unit. Both had great things to say about the Rogers hip leg press though. Not to rain on your parade, but I'd say it sounds like you might just want to wait until you can test out the shoulder incline press first rather than taking the Nestea Plunge.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    For what it's worth, I had a brief email conversation with the Strength guy at Toledo and another at a KY high school, and they both actually said they have the shoulder/incline press but they don't get much use out of them. One of them has a philosophical opposition to upper body presses, the other said they actually prefer free weights to the unit. Both had great things to say about the Rogers hip leg press though. Not to rain on your parade, but I'd say it sounds like you might just want to wait until you can test out the shoulder incline press first rather than taking the Nestea Plunge.
    Philosophical opposition to upper body presses? I'm not quite sure I get what he is saying. Well, lots of strength guys don't like machines, so that is no surprise. I'm not a fan of 95% of machines either, but there are those gems out there, and thats what this thread is about. Now that I have gone full circle, Tyler's thought process is quite special. His designs are very unique. After having some converstaions with him, my interest is peaked in Pendulum products (his knowledge is very impressive).

I'd have to say the Pendulum vertical chest is probably a safe bet, and probably the best vertical flat chest press, or machine flat chest press on the market. Which is what NDMIKE99 was saying earlier. In any case, I'm going to talk to this bodybuilder guy hopefully in the next couple of days who apparently owns both, and owns most pendulum products. I like OLY weightlifting, crossfit, and powerlifting to some degree, but when it comes down to it, I'm mostly into bodybuilding and variety. I can see where strength coaches have specific goals on strength, and I know that mentality... so I'm not overly concerned. Yes, that new 3 way Atlantis bench and the dumbells are probably the best thing I already have, but that Shoulder Incline machine may very well be a wonderful piece as well, even if some others don't appreciate it... But yes, thank-you for some more opinions on that piece. I wish I could demo it. I think I could buy the vertical chest press sight unseen though...

As far as that Pendulum row, I don't like the look of that piece at all. I could be wrong, but it seems to be the least well designed of the bunch. I'd love to be wrong actually. I'd sell the hammer mid row in a heart beat even though it won't even be here until mid-end Sept, however, given my obsession with rows, I'm having difficulty seeing how one could pull heavy weight on that. To me, the best machine would allow you to take your low back out of it. However, I think you need a good chest pad for that *and* feet support. The way people sit in that Pendulum row with the feet backward doesn't seem beneficial to me. Actually, I kinda take that back. The Strive EXTREME ROW is designed like that. When I went to Pittsburgh and demoed it again at Strive, I thought it was to solidify my next purchase. Instead, I didn't like that piece once I was able to demo it with more weight. Actually, its not a bad piece, but its just not a homerun like I was hoping for. The Strive plate loaded extreme row is quite unique. It felt great with one plate or two plates, but once you start loading it up, it forced me to use lots of bicep. Admittedly, some of it could be due to the fact I was using too much weight, but nontheless, the biomechanics with heavier weights didn't feel as good. Hard to say how much was me and how much the machine, but I removed it from my wish list.

I'd be helluva surprised if I'd like that Pendulum row better then a mid hammer strength row (especially with the 2" chest pad mod I'm going to do). Would love to be wrong...

On another note, YES, there seems to be UNIVERSAL love for the Pendulum HIP PRESS. I don't see what is unique with that piece since there are so many hip type presses. The pivot press from Atlantis can use band attachments is awesome, loved that demo of it. I already have the 40 degree Atlantis Leg Press, and the Power Squat, so the Pendulum hip press or Atlantis Pivot press would be nice, but I think I've got 2 quad type machines already. I'm all for another, but I'm literally down to my last 1-2 machines I could ever possibly fit... until the next house whenver that is.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-23-2011 at 11:17 AM.

It would be nice to compare these products. I wonder if I should have chosen one of these units instead of the Atlantis Power Squat. I am very happy with the Atlantis Power Squat, but I'd love to see how these units compare:

Attached Images

FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50) FOOFAC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hear ya on the plate under estimate. I have 42 45lb plates and now figure I also need to place a 4th order for another dozen. The worst part is due to geography I bet I have to pay more for my cheap Yorks than you do for your Ivankos! lol

Pendulum Hip Press is awesome. Proper knee and ankle placement through the full range of the movement, no spinal compression, increased range of motion in the hips and works the quads, hams, glutes and hips like a squat. It feels like I'm doing barbell squats without the strain on my lower back.

Here is some Hip Press porn for ya from my home gym.

Hip Press.JPG

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

And here is the old school version just for comparison.

Originally Posted by FOOFAC View Post
    I hear ya on the plate under estimate. I have 42 45lb plates and now figure I also need to place a 4th order for another dozen. The worst part is due to geography I bet I have to pay more for my cheap Yorks than you do for your Ivankos! lol

Pendulum Hip Press is awesome. Proper knee and ankle placement through the full range of the movement, no spinal compression, increased range of motion in the hips and works the quads, hams, glutes and hips like a squat. It feels like I'm doing barbell squats without the strain on my lower back.

This is the older model in my gym:

Eventually I will start a thread with all my photos.

I just had a 15 min talk with Shaun Brown at USC. Really nice guy. http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-b...n_shaun00.html

Anyway, he invited me to come down to check out their gym at USC. He does not have the Vertical chest, he does have the Incline Shoulder. He likes it a lot. He says it truly is infintely adjustable and uses is mostly for incline press and shoulders. In any case, he says it is just so adjustable in so many ways that you can't go wrong. He had nothing but good things to say about it.

Well, I guess I don't have much of a choice, I guess I'll go down to LA and check out their stuff. He has all 3 pendlum leg machines also. I made a tentative appointment for Sat, Sept 10th. I guess I'll get to try out the row and the other pieces they have. Man, another 6 hour road trip each way... whew... Its the only way to know.

Almost forgot: He loves the LAT COMBO PULL.

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-23-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Attachment 3650253
    That is porn! I had to bring it up on my cell phone cause its blocked at work and literally says blocked because of pornography. Beautiful looking in Black. If you click on all the places who bought Pendulum products, everyone picks up the hip press, it is by far their most popular piece.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That is porn! I had to bring it up on my cell phone cause its blocked at work and literally says blocked because of pornography.
    That's funny!

Is this whole page (of this thread) blocked now or is it just that image?

Maybe your work filters are blocking it because the word "porn" appears in this thread?

Originally Posted by RBLOCK View Post
    I have an OBX-20KG, and it is my very favorite barbell: for that reason it is my bench press bar. I'm being completely sincere when I say it is hands down the best barbell I've ever used. For the record, I prefer bushing bars to needle bearing bars.
    I've been wanting one for quite a while, but was hesitant to pull the trigger on a $600 bar. However, I was helping a friend build his gym when I ran across some Ivanko slotted plates for around a dollar a pound (they were in like new condition). The seller said he had some other items, so I thought it couldn't hurt to take a look. He had an OBX-20KG and an OBZ-30 (5ft curl) that were in practically new condition (he said he oiled them on a regular basis). Together they retail for just under $800 and I got them for $350, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. He also threw in a practically new Ivanko tricep rope for free.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    That's funny!

Is this whole page (of this thread) blocked now or is it just that image?

Maybe your work filters are blocking it because the word "porn" appears in this thread?
    Whenever I try to view images on this site it says blocked due to pornography. Luckily I have my DroidX.

A friend of mine has the Hip Press and Seated Squat Pro. He likes both but prefers the Hip Press. The Power Squat Pro was not an option for me because my goal was to get the weight off my back.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    How does that Hip Press compare to something like the Atlantis uni-lateral leg press?

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/p/pla...-press/3/2/25/

tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, both of those conditions required surgery, so you didn't have much choice really. It is so rediculous that you did a good leg workout just fine, then got the hernia from a cough... although that doesn;t surprise me I guess since people break ribs coughing and coughing is forceful... it just sucks though.

Sounds like the labrum getting tacked down really helped you.
    It is funny, my hernias were never painful and the surgeon thought I probably had them a long time the squats may have just opened them up a bit more. I did that surgery with an epidermal and talked to the surgeon and anesthesiologist the whole time : )

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    How does that Hip Press compare to something like the Atlantis uni-lateral leg press?

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/p/pla...-press/3/2/25/

That is a beast of a machine. I was also curious about that huge hunk of steel.

A friend of mine has the Hip Press and Seated Squat Pro. He likes both but prefers the Hip Press. The Power Squat Pro was not an option for me because my goal was to get the weight off my back.
    Thats good to know. USC has all 3 of the Pendulum leg machines, so I'll get the oportunity to evaluate all 3. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up the Hip press, Shoulder Incline, and vetical chest press... I'll see how the demoing goes. Prob drive down Fri Sept 9th and then eval them Saturday the 10th. Its a shame they don't have the vertical chest press. If I like the Shoulder Incline and the Hip Press, I'll probably get those 2 machines... and if I can still fit the Vertical chest press, I'll just take my chances and get that piece sight unseen.

It seems that Tyler is the only one who designs machines with zero convergence/divergence. I am curious as to how that will feel.

Originally Posted by tjp15785 View Post
    It is funny, my hernias were never painful and the surgeon thought I probably had them a long time the squats may have just opened them up a bit more. I did that surgery with an epidermal and talked to the surgeon and anesthesiologist the whole time : )
    I was the other way...I has an epigastric hernia from tossing around 100 lb suitcases and I couldn't eat much or stand for long periods of time. When you say "epidermal" do you mean epidural or local anesthetic? My Doc was old school so no mesh for me. I had a local anesthetic against my Doctor's wishes which was pretty painful but I was able to get off the table, put on my clothes and drive home otherwise I would of had to wait around for a couple of hours for the anesthesia to wear off. I suffered a traumatic event as a child in a hospital and to this day I won't go there unless it's pretty bad. When I do go every muscle in my body contracts and my blood pressure goes through the roof!!! I know a lot of Doctors and Nurses (married to one) so I'll shoot the **** with them and joke around to try to relax but no matter what I do or how long I'm there my body doesn't relax until I walk out the door.

Thats good to know. USC has all 3 of the Pendulum leg machines, so I'll get the oportunity to evaluate all 3. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up the Hip press, Shoulder Incline, and vetical chest press... I'll see how the demoing goes. Prob drive down Fri Sept 9th and then eval them Saturday the 10th. Its a shame they don't have the vertical chest press. If I like the Shoulder Incline and the Hip Press, I'll probably get those 2 machines... and if I can still fit the Vertical chest press, I'll just take my chances and get that piece sight unseen.

It seems that Tyler is the only one who designs machines with zero convergence/divergence. I am curious as to how that will feel.
    Tyler's stuff is very nice and his strength curves are right on. He is one of the few that actually thinks about what he is designing. I'd be surprised if you don't buy some of his stuff after demoing.
    Any full gym pics of you home gym yet?

Tyler's stuff is very nice and his strength curves are right on. He is one of the few that actually thinks about what he is designing. I'd be surprised if you don't buy some of his stuff after demoing.
    Any full gym pics of you home gym yet?
    I'm super excited about going to USC... its like Sept 10th cant come fast enough. At least when I leave there I'll gain some knowledge. The way you guys are so excited about the hip press, and also its popularity, I suppose I'll pick one up. I may as well wait until I demo it at USC. Everybody and their mother seems to like the hip press. I'll compare it to my memory of the pivot press from Atlantis. I'm scheming already on how I can make enough space to get 3 pendulum pieces... I think I can make room for 2 in the garage if needed, not sure. I can only hope the 6 pieces coming fit well with no unpleasant surprises in tems of being able to fit ok.

I'll take some updated whole gym pics once all of the next 6 pieces arrive. 2 pieces due mid-sept, 4 pieces due end of Sept.

I wanted to drive down to LA this weekend, but the USC strength coach is busy for this weekend and the following holiday weekend. Truth is it is probably better like that cause next thing you know, I'll literally be to the point where I'll have to put pieces on top of each other just to get them inside. I'm curious as to how the demoes will turn out. I could be getting excited for nothing if I don't end up liking them, but at least I will gain that knowlegde. I hope I love every single piece. At least I know I have something to look forward to when I can get a bigger place.

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 268 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast