Closed Thread
Page 3 of 268 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweedbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could still do single leg work on a regular leg press... the independent leg plates are another thing that could malfunction or not work as well in reality - what if one side has a bit more resistance or friction than the other? and so on. I'd stick to a regular press, and there's always leg extensions too if you want to work legs separately.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Contact.aspx

Their number doesn't work. Did they go out of buisness?

oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    How did the it feel with the low row foot attachment? Was the low row portion overall pretty close to a regular dedicated commercial low row machine?
    Very close to a dedicated unit. I was concerned about foot slippage off the foot plates but that turned out not to be an issue and the angle seemed very comfortable for me. Beat the far out of most "Home Gym' units where you simply sit on the the floor. Overall well worth the steep price tag, especially if you can find a deal on a used model.

sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the revolver plates are really cool looking. But I prefer urethane over raw steel. I picked up some urethane York G-2 plates at the factory store for $1 per lbs today (45s, 35s and 2.5's only, Coated G-2s are on closeout). I then splurged on a few urethane york ISO grips for the 5's, 10's and 25's (like, gasp, $2.5 per lbs). But new plates now in my house. I am a beginner compared to most here (lifting for two years), but I like what I like. I am psyched to have quality plates in my home gym. For the price I paid, I guess I could have done some basic bumpers, but the gym is in the basement and my wife would be pissed if it smelled like a tire factory for a few months.

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I have their older model hip press / leg press and it is by far the best IMO.

Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    By the way, which of these Pendulum pieces interested you??

http://www.rogersathletic.com/streng...er.asp?pid=314
    I have never used a better hip or leg press and love that it is similar to hammer strength, but you can get a deep stretch because you start the motion at gull extension. I have also heard great things about the chest press. If it would me I would look at these two:

http://www.rogersathletic.com/streng...er.asp?pid=311

http://www.rogersathletic.com/streng...er.asp?pid=315

The row machine also looks interesting.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know how much I can fit in this current house, I need to check today...

I hear that Nebula Fitness does make the best leg machines. My question is, why not get the Iso version? http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Produc...SubCategory=54
    The best answer I can give you is that I've never used a iso lateral leg press, so unless I tried it somewhere and loved it I'd go with what I know I like and get results from, and as someone else here said you can still do 1 leg presses on a normal unit. I still think that regular nebula leg press is king. I definitely haven't heard of them going out of business, I emailed them and got a quote on the leg press last year and their response was pretty quick, never tried the phone though.

As far as the plates go if you can find somewhere that has the revolvers go check them out, I was big time sold the first time I used them and knew I'd never buy any other kind of plate, they aren't thick if that's what you're worried about. But if you're looking for a plate specially designed to be thin you might have to look elsewhere, if you're looking for leg press type plates email bill again for a quote on revolver 100lbs'ers, they make them and bill sells them.

Originally Posted by oxbeard View Post
    Very close to a dedicated unit. I was concerned about foot slippage off the foot plates but that turned out not to be an issue and the angle seemed very comfortable for me. Beat the far out of most "Home Gym' units where you simply sit on the the floor. Overall well worth the steep price tag, especially if you can find a deal on a used model.
    Awesome dude, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one around spring time, once the inevitable snow that comes in the next couple months melts and I can bring some more equipment around the back again.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Unhappy

All the numbers are non working. I guess Nebula might have gone out of buinsess. That would suck as I have read they make the best leg press in the world. was getting psyched about getting one. This is all I have but no phones working:

NK Sports Group/Nebula Tom Eilerman - President
    Address: 105 Francis St.
    Russia,Oh 45363
    Telephone:
    800-763-2852 / 937-526-5411
    Fax: 937-526-9411
    Email: tom@nebula-fitness.com

The email address is bouncing back to me as well. It looks Like NEBULA is out of buisness.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-11-2010 at 01:19 AM.

These are the definites for remaining items to order:

1) Hammer Strength Abdominal Crunch - MTSAB
    2) Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Horizontal Press - ILHBP
    3) Hammer Stength Iso-Lateral Shoulder Press - ILSP
    4) Hammer Strength seated biceps = PLBI
    5) Star Trac Impact LNL kneeling leg curl, Model 9LL-S1311
    6) Star Trac Impact LNL Leg Curl, Model 9LL-S1301
    7) Tricep: Cybex VR 4825 Arm Extension vs. Cybex Eagle 11080 Arm Extension vs. Free Motion tricep (still trying to demo the latter 2 soon)

8) Louis Simmons Reverse Hyperextension Ultra.

9) 6 pairs (possibly more) of 45 lb. plates (540lbs)
    2 pairs of 35 lb plates. (140lbs)
    2 pairs of 25 lb plates (100lbs)
    2 pairs of 10 lb plates. (40lbs)
    1 pair of 5 lb plates. (10lbs)
    1 pair of 2.5 lb plates. (5lbs)

10) Dumbells: Complete set 5 - 125 (plus the 8 and 12 lb rubber) rubber encased Troy.
    130, 140, 150 Urethane encased Troy.

11) Ivanko EZ curl bar 6' length

12) Accessories: Tricep Rope TR-29, Tricep V bar TVB-12, Multi purpose Bar: MPB-11

Considering these also: http://www.tkstar.com/04tkextreme/tkxtreme.html

Those TK Extreme Handles seem nice.

Additional considerations:

1) Precor/Icarian Standing Leg Curl 607 (seen these on EBAY and have one at my old gym... I like them).

2) Nebula Fitness Leg Press

3) Hammer Strength PLPO Plate Loaded Pullover (demoing tomorrow--lots of love hate with this machine, not sure which one I will fall into).

and others mentioned on this thread if I can find a place to demo them.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-10-2010 at 12:40 PM.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    These are the definites for remaining items to order:

1) Hammer Strength Abdominal Crunch - MTSAB
    2) Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Horizontal Press - ILHBP
    3) Hammer Stength Iso-Lateral Shoulder Press - ILSP
    4) Hammer Strength seated biceps = PLBI
    5) Star Trac Impact LNL kneeling leg curl, Model 9LL-S1311
    6) Star Trac Impact LNL Leg Curl, Model 9LL-S1301
    7) Tricep: Cybex VR 4825 Arm Extension vs. Cybex Eagle 11080 Arm Extension vs. Free Motion tricep (still trying to demo the latter 2 soon)

8) Louis Simmons Reverse Hyperextension Ultra.

9) 6 pairs (possibly more) of 45 lb. plates (540lbs)
    2 pairs of 35 lb plates. (140lbs)
    2 pairs of 25 lb plates (100lbs)
    2 pairs of 10 lb plates. (40lbs)
    1 pair of 5 lb plates. (10lbs)
    1 pair of 2.5 lb plates. (5lbs)

10) Dumbells: Complete set 5 - 125 (plus the 8 and 12 lb rubber) rubber encased Troy.
    130, 140, 150 Urethane encased Troy.

11) Ivanko EZ curl bar 6' length

12) Accessories: Tricep Rope TR-29, Tricep V bar TVB-12, Multi purpose Bar: MPB-11

Considering these also: http://www.tkstar.com/04tkextreme/tkxtreme.html

Those TK Extreme Handles seem nice.

Additional considerations:

1) Precor/Icarian Standing Leg Curl 607 (seen these on EBAY and have one at my old gym... I like them).

2) Nebula Fitness Leg Press

3) Hammer Strength PLPO Plate Loaded Pullover (demoing tomorrow--lots of love hate with this machine, not sure which one I will fall into).

and others mentioned on this thread if I can find a place to demo them.
    I used to own an old FLEX Hamtractor ie. seated leg curl.

I cried when I sold it was a great machine the pre stretch is amazing.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know how much I can fit in this current house, I need to check today...

I hear that Nebula Fitness does make the best leg machines. My question is, why not get the Iso version?

Williams Strength /Elite FTS Pro:

I agree that I also like the CYBEX version as well, It has that nice feature where the foot rack stays straight ahead as you push, which feels comfortable.
    I would not go with an ISO leg press.

There are plenty of options but like others I agree that the Nebula one is nice, and you should definitely be able to find one. If not then you can look at other popular equipment manufactures like Cybex, Icarian, Magnum Fitness Systems, etc.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    I used to own an old FLEX Hamtractor ie. seated leg curl.

I cried when I sold it was a great machine the pre stretch is amazing.
    For what it is worth, and I know I sound like a broken record, but I have compared the new Star Trac version side by side with the Flex Fitness version and they are identical in biomechanics. I do mean identical. The cool part about the Star Trac version is that it comes with lock and load switches which are rather cool. I put an order in Friday for both of their hamstring machines, the prone and the hamflexor (kneeling)

If I blinfolded you and told you to use the Flex Fitness version and Star Trac, you would not know which was which (assuming you couldn't feel for the weight stack and feel the Star track lock and load buttons. I love both these machines. gotta wait 10-12 weeks for arrival due to the new ownership. At least they will be made in California. After December they will be made in China.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For what it is worth, and I know I sound like a broken record, but I have compared the new Star Trac version side by side with the Flex Fitness version and they are identical in biomechanics. I do mean identical. The cool part about the Star Trac version is that it comes with lock and load switches which are rather cool. I put an order in Friday for both of their hamstring machines, the prone and the hamflexor (kneeling)

If I blinfolded you and told you to use the Flex Fitness version and Star Trac, you would not know which was which (assuming you couldn't feel for the weight stack and feel the Star track lock and load buttons. I love both these machines. gotta wait 10-12 weeks for arrival due to the new ownership. At least they will be made in California. After December they will be made in China.
    FLEX was acquired by Startrac about 5 years ago so they are the same angles it is true.

I had to try the Flex Model vs the Star Trac model to be 100% sure since you never know if they made some subtle changes that would lead to a difference in the feel. Thankfully the Star Trac version is the best yet (the lock and load buttons). I have not found any other Star Trac (Impact Strength series) machines that I like. For instance, I can do the Star Trac incline bench machine, the complete stack, for 18 reps... kinda pointless.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-11-2010 at 08:26 PM.

I spent the whole day touring gyms... went to 4 Gold's Gym and 4 24 Hour Fitness locations. Tried out a lot of Strive machines, a lot of pullover machines (but not the Hammer Strength). I found a plate loaded nautilus pullover machine that could have put 1000 lbs on it with dual plate stacks... It looked really old, but had a belt not a chain. (I have pics of it). I'll post pics of a bunch of equipment I ran into today... when I get a chance. Some of the Strive stuff is interesting.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-12-2010 at 12:00 AM.

From another forum:

http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Contact.aspx

Their contact number doesn't work anymore... did they go out of buisness?

===
    There done. I had ordered a few pieces from them back in February. After a couple of months I still hadn't received my equipment. I called Tom E. the owner many times trying to find out what the delay was about. Every time he had a new excuse, so I told him I was going to cancel the order. Then the truth came out, he told the company was filing for bankruptcy and that was that. Thankfully I used a credit card to place the order and was able to reverse the charges (lesson learned!). My opinion of Tom E. is very low in that he lied to me over and over again about what was really going on with his company. I do have a Nebula Smith machine and a flat incline dumbell bench that was delivered about a year ago which is currently in storage....

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tried out a lot of Strive machines. Some of the Strive stuff is interesting.
    I helped my old workout partner track down a gently used Strive plate-loaded preacher curl, and it's hands down the finest I have used.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

Hopefully Strive is still in buisness, seems like all the good guys are going out. I hate all the new machines since the range of motion is way too limited (too safe), and on the selectorized stuff, you can do the whole stack for 15-20 reps. I have yet to find a single HOIST machine I like. They all seem like garbage everytime I try a hoist machine.

Here is the Bicep:

http://www.strivefit.com/strivefit/p...p101/index.htm

I liked the tricep as well.

I tried the plate loaded AND the selectorized version today... I think the stack was actually heavy though.

This Plate loaded piece looks like it might be good. Seems like it would be hard to go wrong with this piece:

http://www.strivefit.com/strivefit/p...p103/index.htm

Interesting pulldown.

Wish I could demo this stuff, you just don't see it anywhere... I'll be making some calls tomorrow for sure.

Sweet plate loaded incline... I like the looks of this much better than that incline from Hammer:

Nice looking seated row. I don;t like the Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Rowing Plate Loaded once you get up to 4+ plates, it becomes a penis pincher when you get pulled in to the bar the seat goes up and down on.

This looks like it might be a good choice:

Check out this potential winner of a badass machine, the EXTREME ROW:

Interesting leg press:

Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-12-2010 at 01:13 AM.

This looks fun:

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From another forum:

Their contact number doesn't work anymore... did they go out of buisness?

===
    There done. I had ordered a few pieces from them back in February. After a couple of months I still hadn't received my equipment. I called Tom E. the owner many times trying to find out what the delay was about. Every time he had a new excuse, so I told him I was going to cancel the order. Then the truth came out, he told the company was filing for bankruptcy and that was that. Thankfully I used a credit card to place the order and was able to reverse the charges (lesson learned!). My opinion of Tom E. is very low in that he lied to me over and over again about what was really going on with his company. I do have a Nebula Smith machine and a flat incline dumbell bench that was delivered about a year ago which is currently in storage....
    Damn, that's lame, on the owners part but also that I wanted to get some of their equipment one day.

Got word back today from Lifefitness representative. I was able to get an additional 20% off an already discounted price for purchasing 5 units. The price was not too much more than a refurb, so I puled the trigger (with piece of mind and convenience). I found out that the ISO Military Bench press was renamed to the Iso-lateral Super Incline Press. I purchased that also.

So as of today. In addditon to the two Star trac Leg curl machines previously posted and ordered:

5 Hammer Strength Units:

MTS selectorized Ab Crunch

Iso lateral Horizontal Bench Press

Iso Lateral Shoulder Press

Iso-lateral Super Incline Press

Plate Loaded Bicep

Next up: Post some pics of my gym tours lately; talking to Strive Fit to demo their equipment and likely purchase several pieces depending on how well the demo goes; checking out leg presses and possibly a Neptune Leg press used (since they are out of buisness).

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can't wait to see pics of your gym lol

Got word back today from Lifefitness representative. I was able to get an additional 20% off an already discounted price for purchasing 5 units. The price was not too much more than a refurb, so I puled the trigger (with piece of mind and convenience). I found out that the ISO Military Bench press was renamed to the Iso-lateral Super Incline Press. I purchased that also.

So as of today. In addditon to the two Star trac Leg curl machines previously posted and ordered:

5 Hammer Strength Units:

Plate Loaded Bicep

Next up: Post some pics of my gym tours lately; talking to Strive Fit to demo their equipment and likely purchase several pieces depending on how well the demo goes; checking out leg presses and possibly a Neptune Leg press used (since they are out of buisness).
    I was wondering what happened to their military press.

All those machines are nice you may want to put 3/4 inch plywood spacers between the pad and the frame on the shoulder press (you'll need longer bolts) to bring the handles closer to your body since these machines are made to allow 300lb lineman to use them easily.

Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    I was wondering what happened to their military press.

All those machines are nice you may want to put 3/4 inch plywood spacers between the pad and the frame on the shoulder press (you'll need longer bolts) to bring the handles closer to your body since these machines are made to allow 300lb lineman to use them easily.
    I've used the Hammer Strength plate loaded shoulder press at quite a few gyms. I'm not sure I'm following. I usually jack the seat up towards 1 or 2 range to get a nice stretch/range of motion. I'm not bolting anything to the owners hardwood floors either... I though you could just sit them down and just lift away... I got (4) 100 lb plates coming at some point also, once I pull the trigger on the plates. I can put plates on the machines to help weight them down. You are talking about 3/4" plywood spacers where exactly? between which pad and what part of the frame?

I'm not sure how much diffference there is between this older iso Military press and the newer piece, the Iso-lateral Super Incline Press .

Newer piece looks similar, but is has some differences for sure:

http://www.lifefitness.com/commercia...linepress.html

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-13-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    5 Hammer Strength Units:

Plate Loaded Bicep
    Were you really interested in the iso-lateral stuff? I've always had mixed feelings about those machines (isolated left/right). On one hand I get the balancing, but it would be nice if they made some sort of lock together adjustment so you could use it as a non-isolated movement as well. I would think that to some degree there is a benefit from both.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not sure how much diffference there is between this older iso Military press and the newer piece, the Iso-lateral Super Incline Press .
    I see youre really getting a lot of specialized equipment, its going to be the best personal gym on the forum for sure.

For myself and a lot of other people a loaded gym is a nice rack and nice bench, LOL.

Anyway, may I ask your budget? Are you trying to stay under 100,000USD or something? Or am I way off on the pricing of all the machines you're bought.

Also, any special ideas for the actual gym itself?

Like some nice LCDs, or Plasmas if your gym is light controlled, and some nice non-gym stations, like a special place to keep water bottles, special towels, maybe even a locker set-up, like a real gym.

Im looking to get a little 2-3 piece locker myself, even though I live in my own house LOL and dont really need it. You can get a commercial one on the used boards for a couple hundred or less almost new.

I've used the Hammer Strength plate loaded shoulder press at quite a few gyms. I'm not sure I'm following. I usually jack the seat up towards 1 or 2 range to get a nice stretch/range of motion. I'm not bolting anything to the owners hardwood floors either... I though you could just sit them down and just lift away... I got (4) 100 lb plates coming at some point also, once I pull the trigger on the plates. I can put plates on the machines to help weight them down. You are talking about 3/4" plywood spacers where exactly? between which pad and what part of the frame?
    Between the backrest pad and the frame behind it (which sits at about 45 degrees).

If it feels good leave it but I did this to one at a gym I managed and 90% of people liked it better.

Did I read before you are a radiologist?

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    Were you really interested in the iso-lateral stuff? I've always had mixed feelings about those machines (isolated left/right). On one hand I get the balancing, but it would be nice if they made some sort of lock together adjustment so you could use it as a non-isolated movement as well. I would think that to some degree there is a benefit from both.

I'm simply going after machines I know I like... Not really going after ISO Lateral per se.

Closed Thread