Closed Thread
Page 237 of 268 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,110 of 8031
    PAC2015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Equipment Search

Hi,

I am new here and been reading peoples post and it seems like an awesome community. I like everyone here am looking to improve my weight room. I am looking for a Rodgers seated squat pro and sorinex back attack. If anyone here has one for sale or can point me in the right direction that would be great...

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man, does Watson have any domestic distribution stateside? I love there gear and they have so many unique pieces. Truthfully that curved incline bench, coming in at around $500.- $550. (its priced in pounds so Im estimating) looks like a great piece. They seem to have a lot of unique stuff, like there bars, that you don't see much of. Cool link and good post!

tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Man, does Watson have any domestic distribution stateside? I love there gear and they have so many unique pieces. Truthfully that curved incline bench, coming in at around $500.- $550. (its priced in pounds so Im estimating) looks like a great piece. They seem to have a lot of unique stuff, like there bars, that you don't see much of. Cool link and good post!
    They don't have a U. S distributor but their shipping is oddly cheap. I have 2 of their bars and planning on a set of the DUMBELLS in the future. Very good customer service too.

Is lat still available?

Originally Posted by lsu777 View Post
    yep since coach can't, if you know of anybody lmk. Still not 100% sure if we are going to get a lot or not.
    Is it still available?

Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Dolphin, I'm certain I tried those machines when visiting Power-Lift. I have to say I cannot find anything as good as the flex fitness/Star Trac leg curl (the version that has the bar between the legs).

As far as leg extension, I love the Srive plate loaded. It doesn't have the convenience of the selectorized, but is the best leg ext machine I have used:

-- Lumbar support back pad

-- pre-stretch adjustment, plenty of prestretch\

-- Comfortable padding of the seat/behind the knee

-- Adjustable strength curve

Its really the best leg ext I have come across. It also happens to be very affordable because it is a plate loaded machine.
    Thanks, Chris.

In this thread, I've looked at your photos of the Strive Fitness Plate Loaded Leg Extension. The machine looks good. And I take your recommendation of it seriously. But is the company Strive Fitness still in business? I had a hard time finding a website for them. And when I did find a website, the phone numbers listed on the website didn’t seem like they were connected to the company. I tried this website:

strivefit.com

I did find a Strive Fitness Plate-Loaded Leg Extension being sold at Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide. The piece is remanufactured and would cost me $2,195 shipped. I think that is more money than I want to spend for a remanufactured plate-loaded leg extension, but I do take your recommendation seriously.

Here is a link to the photo of the piece on Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide’s website:
    Attached Images

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dolphin99 View Post

But is the company Strive Fitness still in business?
    Strive is now PRIME

http://www.primefitnessusa.com/about-us/

tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks a lot, tsg.

One concern I have with the Tuff Stuff CPL is the lack of a back rest. All other things being equal, I would prefer having a back rest on the leg extension that I get. But I also would like to save some money. Have you found the lack of back rest on Tuff Stuff CPL to be problematic? Has it compromised your leg extensions?

Also, if you don't mind, how do you find the biomechanics of the leg curl mode of the Tuff Stuff CPL? Is there any problem that you have noticed? For instance, do you find that when you do leg curls your body is too flat -- rather than somewhat rounded -- so that it strains your lower back?
    I really don't miss the back rest at all. As for the bio-mechanics of the leg curl, I believe the rounded back actually take some tension off the hamstrings. You can always place a small pad under your stomach/hips to get the same effect.

Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dolphin99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    Strive is now PRIME

primefitnessusa.com
    Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by tsg2513 View Post
    I really don't miss the back rest at all. As for the bio-mechanics of the leg curl, I believe the rounded back actually take some tension off the hamstrings. You can always place a small pad under your stomach/hips to get the same effect.
    Thanks a lot, tsg. I really appreciate it.

I’m not that worried about the flatness of the piece resulting in less than ideal tension on the hamstrings when I do leg curls. However, I’m a little worried that the flatness of the piece could result in my straining my lower back when I do leg curls. I have lordosis, commonly known as a sway back. This makes me susceptible to straining my lower back. I also have had problems with my lower back. And I’m a little uneasy that the flatness of the TuffStuff bench might cause me to strain it. My back may arch some when I do the exercise. This could cause me to strain my lower back. In contrast, in the prone leg curl by Cybex that I’ll post a photo of my spine wouldn’t be flat. My spine would be rounded by virtue of the design of the machine and placement of the forearm pads and hip pad angle. I tend to think the latter design would be better at avoiding my straining my back. At the same time, I don’t want to purchase the Cybex machine. It’s too expensive. If I get the Tuff Stuff CPL-400, it will be important for me to avoid arching my back and to keep my pelvis flat on the bench. I would have to use low weight and really focus on my form.

I think I’ve narrowed my choice down to two or three options, namely (1) the TuffStuff CPL-400, (2) the two Legend Fitness selectorized pieces (the 911 and 912) and (3) the Legend Fitness plate-loaded leg extension/leg curl (the 3135). The disadvantage of the latter is that it doesn’t have a cam, which I suspect will mean less good resistance on the leg curl -- and maybe the leg extension -- than the TuffStuff piece and the two Legend selectorized pieces. An advantage of option 2 is that the 911 and 912 are selectorized, which is important to me. And the 911 has a back rest, which is important to me. But I would have to spend about $3,000 more to buy them than I would to buy the TuffStuff piece, and I’d like to save the money. Also, I’m a little worried that the design of the Legend 912 would make me vulnerable to straining my lower back. It looks like it could lead to one’s arching one’s back, as well.
    Attached Images

tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks a lot, tsg. I really appreciate it.

I’m not that worried about the flatness of the piece resulting in less than ideal tension on the hamstrings when I do leg curls. However, I’m a little worried that the flatness of the piece could result in my straining my lower back when I do leg curls. I have lordosis, commonly known as a sway back. This makes me susceptible to straining my lower back. I also have had problems with my lower back. And I’m a little uneasy that the flatness of the TuffStuff bench might cause me to strain it. My back may arch some when I do the exercise. This could cause me to strain my lower back. In contrast, in the prone leg curl by Cybex that I’ll post a photo of my spine wouldn’t be flat. My spine would be rounded by virtue of the design of the machine and placement of the forearm pads and hip pad angle. I tend to think the latter design would be better at avoiding my straining my back. At the same time, I don’t want to purchase the Cybex machine. It’s too expensive. If I get the Tuff Stuff CPL-400, it will be important for me to avoid arching my back and to keep my pelvis flat on the bench. I would have to use low weight and really focus on my form.

I think I’ve narrowed my choice down to two or three options, namely (1) the TuffStuff CPL-400, (2) the two Legend Fitness selectorized pieces (the 911 and 912) and (3) the Legend Fitness plate-loaded leg extension/leg curl (the 3135). The disadvantage of the latter is that it doesn’t have a cam, which I suspect will mean less good resistance on the leg curl -- and maybe the leg extension -- than the TuffStuff piece and the two Legend selectorized pieces. An advantage of option 2 is that the 911 and 912 are selectorized, which is important to me. And the 911 has a back rest, which is important to me. But I would have to spend about $3,000 more to buy them than I would to buy the TuffStuff piece, and I’d like to save the money. Also, I’m a little worried that the design of the Legend 912 would make me vulnerable to straining my lower back. It looks like it could lead to one’s arching one’s back, as well.
    If you live in So. Florida, I'd be happy to let you try out the Tuff Stuff.

vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Atlantis P-143 Incline Chest

Anyone have any opinion or experience with the Atlantis P-143 Incline Chest machine?

Originally Posted by tsg2513 View Post
    If you live in So. Florida, I'd be happy to let you try out the Tuff Stuff.
    Thanks, tsg. I really appreciate the offer, and if I lived in South Florida, I would take you up on it. However, I live in Maryland.

But thanks again for the offer. Also, your thoughts and assessments have helped me in making this decision.
    Last edited by Dolphin99; 05-29-2015 at 10:20 PM.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vonschnapps View Post
    Anyone have any opinion or experience with the Atlantis P-143 Incline Chest machine?
    Its a good machine... I'd rank the following:

Panatta Super Incline >> Nebula 3 grip rare leverage > Atlantis Incline.

I do like the Altantis, its very good.

However, the Panatta is less expensive thru our group order, and much better in my opinion.

I'm not sure if most people realized the redesigned Super Incline: it actually starts from a high position, like an olympic bench. It is really badass... they also changed to a 4 position stop, the lowest position well below max prestretch, you'd never feel the bottom, unless you want to use the other stop positions. Its much better than the traditional footbar: It is the only leverage machine that allows you to start in the extended position (like a free weight olympic bench).

There is still time to inquire about pricing. However, Panatta is moving full steam ahead on our order now. I'd say it would probably be ok to add to the order until end of June. there are 6 people in the order from this forum. The new tweaks and modifications are going to be the icing on the cake.

Thats why I was saying earlier, if I was space limited, I'd get the Atlantis Decline/Flat adustable... and the Panatta Super Incline. There is nothing like either one of those pieces.

sure if you have the space, I'd get the Panatta super horizontal also... if not, I'd get the combo above.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 06-01-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    By the way, here is one of the forum member's order of the Strive, now known as PRIME, Leg ext. Getting ready to ship:

He is in the current and previous Panatta order.

For the Panatta order, we have all kinds of variations on color in the order. Red frames, Black arms, Red pads with Black stitching. Black Frams, red pads, black stitching. Red Frames, Black Pads, Red stitching... Solid black with red stitching... will be cool to take photos of tall of the red and black combos when they arrive.

As you can guess from the above order, this will go with his Panatta Red Frame, Black pad (with red stitching).

And just to make sure everyone knows, Prime is the company that has been manufacturing Strive all along. The manufacturers simply bought the right of ownership, and put in a name change. Same head designer, Jerry, still works for them. Really not much of a change in that regard.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 06-03-2015 at 06:14 PM.

themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By the way, here is one of the forum member's order of the Strive, now known as PRIME, Leg ext. Getting ready to ship:

He is in the current and previous Panatta order.

For the Panatta order, we have all kinds of variations on color in the order. Red frames, Black arms, Red pads with Black stitching. Black Frams, red pads, black stitching. Red Frames, Black Pads, Red stitching... Solid black with red stitching... will be cool to take photos of tall of the red and black combos when they arrive.

As you can guess from the above order, this will go with his Panatta Red Frame, Black pad (with red stitching).

And just to make sure everyone knows, Prime is the company that has been manufacturing Strive all along. The manufacturers simply bought the right of ownership, and put in a name change. Same head designer, Jerry, still works for them. Really not much of a change in that regard.
    I'm gonna contact http://www.primefitnessusa.com/ for a quote.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isn't Andrew Hall formerly from Legend now a Rep there?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Andrew Hall is now involved with Arsenal Strength. I'm not sure if he is the owner or not, but I spoke to him several times through e-mail. Seemed like a great guy.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rogers latest glute machine
    Attached Images

Nice post.

Yes, this was what Tyler was talking about a couple years back. It was his version of the old nautilus machine he was talking about.

doesn't really look all that interesting to me, but who knows...

Reverse Glute Ham

Looks more like a rehab machine... I can't see being able to use a lot of weight, with no seatbelt or way to anchor you in... Anyone have a pic of the old Nautilus machine this is similar to?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 06-15-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got some PMs about the Panatta Tricep/Multipurpose cable attachment.

Please see below:
    I went to train at Platinum Gym in Kuwait tonight with the mindset of finding the best machine to target my rhomboids and mid traps but stumbled across the new Panatta triceps machine with the new attachment Healthnut mentioned earlier. There is no way to describe it other than perfect. The lift off is a plus and the cable was grazing the back of my head before adjusting the seat height, but it's really easy to find the ideal position even at my height. The angles on the actual attachment and the grip texture/diameter were ideal. If I could choose only one tricep attachment this would be it.

I did try the medium length parallel MagGrip on seated cable rows and found it ideal for targeting that specific portion of the back. I was comparing against Legend Prone Row (mostly rear delts), Hammer Strength High Row (mostly lats), Hammer Strength Yates Row (various grips), an unnamed mid-row that looked like a Legend LeverEdge row (various grips but not quite perfect for mid upper back contraction. The best contraction was gripping the leverage bar on the outside which wasn't technically an intended grip), Life Fitness MTS mid row using neutral grip (surprising close second, but not quite ideal), chest supported t-bar rows, and various free weight dumbbell chest supported rows and raises.

I tried various other leg machines which I want to compare to Atlantis leg machines when I get back to *****. Including West Side Tilt Top Curved Reverse Hyper with rollers (which I found uncomfortable. I wish it were height adjustable.) against Atlantis reverse hyper at my home gym. I tried the Icarian Power Squat and found it amazing for various isolations removing the lower back and found it more versatile than the Star Trac Hack Squat and HS Leg Press. The downside to the Icarian is the safety requires one foot to activate it. I want to compare these to the Atlantis Swing Squat even though it won't be apples to apples it's the only quad dominant Atlantis leg machine I have access to. Other than squats in the Atlantis Poliquin rack.

I'll post up some pictures when I'm done travelling.

TLDR: Panatta Tricep Attachment is the best hands down.
    â–º Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique â–º Renaissance Periodization Programming
    â–º https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    â–º Progress Pictures
    â–º https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    I stumbled across the new Panatta triceps machine with the new attachment Healthnut mentioned earlier. There is no way to describe it other than perfect. The lift off is a plus and the cable was grazing the back of my head before adjusting the seat height, but it's really easy to find the ideal position even at my height. The angles on the actual attachment and the grip texture/diameter were ideal. If I could choose only one tricep attachment this would be it.
    That is good to hear. We have two on order in the current panatta order. As much as I'm totally trying to downsize, I'm picking this machine up. I agree with you. The other person on the forum who is buying the Panatta Tricep machine will also be glad to hear of this. We are getting heavy stacks, although I know it is overkill. The standard stack is quite sufficient. The heavy stack is such a small fee extra, we are getting it just in case a freak of nature or Gorilla comes to visit, even then I can't imagine anyone doing a single rep with the standard stack, let alone the heavy stack.

I'll post up some pictures when I'm done travelling.

TLDR: Panatta Tricep Attachment is the best hands down.
    Looking forward to your pics.

The Panatta Tricep is baddass... and that footbar... !!

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tyler makes great machines, but this one is a bit of a head scratcher to me...I can't see how useful this piece can really be, not to mention the gigantic amount of real estate is would likely take up.

I've been reflecting on my trip some more. This machine keeps coming back into my thoughts. It is a very cool piece, and very convenient. The shape of the tricep grip is the best I have come across. The more I think about it, the more I feel it is better than all of the other overhead tricep machines with fixed bars. It feels like using free weights, but with the convenience of a machine. I'm most likely going to add this to my order. I keep thinking about the Flex fitness overhead tricep, the body masters overhead tricep... and when it comes right down to it, this machine keeps coming back to me as something I want to get.

XP Lux version:

I'll go over the exact differences between the XP lux and fit Evo versions. Just like I will clarify the differences between the Fit Evo and XP Lux versions of the Incline Flight machine.

80 Kg is more than enough for this machine.

Interestingly, the Top line XP Lux is heavier, but more compact with smaller dimensions. I'll go over the fine details with them again...

Here is the relevent post from almost 2 years ago.

A couple people inquired to me the cost we could get this machine and were quite surprised, it is less than a lot of the plate loaded machines

from 9-17-13:

Here is a FIT EVO tricep design that I liked very much and reccomend highly:

I would like to own this machine, it is a very convenient, and very cool overhead tricep machine. HE makes the best tricep cable attachment I have seen and would like to purchase one of those as well.

The footbar pushes the attachment upward, otherwise you could not reach it. When you let go of the footbar, you are holding that tricep attachment with full prestretch (since the base returns downward.

tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I went to test out several pieces of equipment yesterday and thought I'd share. First, let me say this- liking a particular piece of equipment to me, is highly dependent on several factors, mainly body mechanics. Just because one person loves something, you may hate it. For example, many people love Hammer low rows (plate loaded) and dip machines. I despise them! I feel nothing from them. I will say I been a 99% free weight guy my entire life but use machines to mix it up. I compete and have been lifting for over 24 years also, so I think I have a good understanding of lifting.

Anyway, I went to try some Legend stuff. They had 2 Legend Pro series racks with the modular series connector. At first glance the racks look amazing. I will say they are beasts! I mean everything is very heavy duty and you are not breaking that thing. The pull up are bars are almost thick grip, which I liked. The swivel handles are ok. What I didn't like was the safety arms wobbled a lot! The J cups also wobbled a great deal. It's not a big deal. It am weird and that alone would bug me enough to pass on the rack. I want it feel more stable.

Legend T- bar row, pro series.

Was terrible! I am comparing this to an Elitefts T-bar row, which I own. The Legend literally felt like a toy compared to the Elite. The lever arm is very short, wobbly, and felt like it was made out of tin. The foot plate is adjustable but there is no know to tighten it, so I wobbles like crazy. Overall it just felt cheap to me.

Nautilus benches, flat Olympic and adjustable.

My gym uses these and they are by far my favorite benches. Built like tanks and very adjustable! Not much to say about a bench.

Here was the shocker for me- Hoist pieces. Hoist has been bashed here pretty bad for being crap. But, honestly I liked one piece very much!
    Hoist Roc-it
    Plate loaded lat pull down. I really liked the different grip options. The feel was actually pretty good. The tilting did not feel near as cheesy as people made it sound, as it is actually pretty slight. It would not be something I bought but I was surprised I liked it. There was a tiny dead spot in the motion where the weight felt very light, which is didn't like.

Hoist plate loaded Roc-it dip machine. To me, I loved this machine! I typically hate every single dip machine I ever tried. This thing just felt right to me. The tilt actually simulates how my body moves on a free weight dip. I really thought this was the best piece in their gym. Would I buy it- no, only because I wouldn't buy a machine to simulate free weight dips.

Hoist roc it curl- this one felt odd to me. Again a dead spot where there was no resistance. A machine curl is supposed to alleviate the feel of dead spot that a free weight curl gets but this one actually felt worse. Pass on this for sure.

The typical Hammer pieces and some ones I never tried. The Hammer motion technology select models are pretty nice.
    The incline bench felt great. To me, perfect motion path and convergence. Would consider buying.
    Hammer select MTS- row- now this piece was pretty darn good! As I said I hate low rows and to me the path on this is like a low row. hammer calls it a row,not a low row and the path is just different enough not the be a low row. I spent a lot of time with this and it feels great. I would consider buying this one. To me back benefits the most from a variety of angles and movements patters, more so then any other muscle group so I like back machines.

hammer MTS- lat pull down. This one actually feels very good also. However, it needs more grip options. I would not get it for that reason alone, but it felt very good.

One thing that was awesome was the Cybex glute blaster. I personally would not buy it but for a commercial gym it is a great piece. Range of motion is crazy and the tension is constant and really does hit the glutes. Cool machine.

Overall I'm happy since I been debating on a Legend rack, now I'll pass on that and I found the Hammer MTS row which I really liked. Driving 4 hrs each way just to test some equipment may seem silly to some, including my wife! But, just like beauty is In The eye of the beholder, you may think I'm crazy for not liking or liking something. My point is you won't know if equipment is to your liking until you try it yourself. If I said Nike makes the best running shoe bar none- would you just go buy them without trying them on. Of course not and that's only $100 not 2-5,000 depending on what equipment you are buying. That's why many people here have traveled all over just to test equipment. I really want the Rogers 3-way row but I need to go use it before I drop 3k, since I may not even like it! Sort of hypocritical of me say that since I am in on the Panatta order for two pieces! But I'm hoping I love them based on the rave reviews! This forum is filled with mountains of great information and I want to try to help new readers as the cruise through all this and try determine what to purchase.

[QUOTE=tonypearn]

I really want the Rogers 3-way row but I need to go use it before I drop 3k, since I may not even like it!
    Yes, I only tried it the one time, when I went to USC.

Even spending an hour with a machine doesn't always give you a final opinion. Sometimes you really need to spend a few months with a machine to get a solid opinion on it.

I'd like to put some more time in on that Rogers 3 way. My overall favorite mid row is the Avenger Mid- Row.

The chest pad mod on the Hammer really improved it for me.

As for getting a third mid row, such as the Rogers 3-way row, the one time that I did demo it, I didn't have a strong opinion positive or negative. I could tell that I'd need to 'use it for multiple workouts before I could gauge my feeling on it. I think I'm just tired of buying pieces at full price, just to have in-home demos.

But yes, I'd like to put some more time in on that Rogers 3 way row to get a solid opinion on it.

Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    That's pretty sweet looking:

http://watsongym.co.uk/product/pakulski-bench/

They've also got an arched bench similar to the one Healthnut has (for life of me I can't recall the manufacturers name)

I think the name you are trying to remember is Parrillo.

Closed Thread
Page 237 of 268 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 ... LastLast