Closed Thread
Page 188 of 268 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 8031
    Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post

I love that leg press, its probably my overall number one favorite leg press if I had to pick. I think your offer is reasonable, but if that piece is in excellent condition, 1700-1800 is still in that reasonable range. If that piece is in excellent condition, you could always offer $1600 as your final offer.
    Thanks for posting the pics like that, not sure how lol

I haven't been able to try one yet, only a cybex but i like the older 45 degree leg press from Atlantis so i assumed it was good, but going through this thread i seen you spoke highly of it

She's going to send me more pics tonight of it

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    I received a quote on a new Atlantis Pivot Press for $2,695 w/out shipping. Shipping from Canada is what killed me. Justin, since you live in Canada shipping would be much cheaper. With that being said, for her to ask $2,200 for that piece is a joke.
    Wow! I have a Atlantis CND pdf price list and it shows it at 4395$, i do remember my rep saying 10% off, but thats no where near your price..
    Last edited by Justinrozon7; 08-22-2013 at 08:55 PM.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Justinrozon7 View Post
    Wow! I have a Atlantis CND pdf price list and it shows it at 4395$, i do remember my rep saying 10% off, but thats no where near your price..
    I have to agree, I paid like $3500 I believe... or around there... that is a nice discount Harris is getting from the dealer, better than I got for sure.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to agree, I paid like $3500 I believe... or around there... that is a nice discount Harris is getting from the dealer, better than I got for sure.
    Do you have pics of the setup you have currently?

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have pics of the setup you have currently?
    Scattered within this thread.

Scattered within this thread.
    Oh ok must have been what I seen lol

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    That Power Lift leg press looks impressive. No idea what it's like to actually use, but it LOOKS impressive.
    That and the Elite FTS Mondo look huge... would like to see both side by side
    If we're talking big leg presses lets not forget Rae Crowther is making Nebula's 35* Leg press in both a regular and independent leg version. Seems reasonably priced too considered 7 gauge construction and what not.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

This is a 35-degree single lateral footplate, free weight loaded leg press that many athletes and coaches consider to be the finest in the world. Make this piece the core of your “hardcore” leg line and you will never be disappointed. Commonly seen on YouTube with the world’s strongest men pushing 35 plates and more for reps. The main frame is constructed from 7 gauge 4” x 2” structural tubing. The seat is built with a 20 degree lower lumbar back support and adjustable seat angle. The adjustment tube uses a safety lock device and is activated via a pop pin. Multiple stainless steel weight horns are mounted on the rear of the frame for plate storage. 1 1/4” Class-L shafting is mounted under the 4 x 2 main rail to track (4) 660 lb. linear bearings. The bearings are held by snap rings for easy maintenance. The bearing carriage construction is solid welded to eliminate flex in the weight sled. The sled footplate size is 40” x 22”, with two angles bent at 20 degrees. The

optional bilateral sled is constructed of 2 independent foot plates. The footplate is covered with 3/16” tread plate. The regular footplate includes a 5” round calf block at the base of the deck (not included in bilateral machine). The sled weight is 182 lbs. Two 4” 1000 lb. rated urethane K wheels with heavy needle bearing spanners ride the frame. Stop handles are mounted to the main frame with a spring mount to absorb the sled’s impact. Stop handles have 2 sled stops at 6” spacing to allow for various leg lengths. The sled has two weight tubes, a short upper tube welded behind the foot deck and a bolt on lower tube giving a plate load of approximately 40 plates. Quick adjust safety stops are spring loaded and nonremovable. Frame splits at seat junction for shipping and easier movement. Bolt plates have 1” bent handles welded to them and covered with a foam grip for the user support. The bench padding is made from 2” thick rebond foam and is covered in 32 ounce sulfide stain resistant naugahyde. W 64″ x L 98″ x H 48” Weight 708 lb. Powder coated in any standard color.
    http://raecrowther.com/product/pro-leg-press/

Here's a better pic, she just said she needs to get 1900 for it..says she paid 4000 plus

Attached Images

If it were me, I''d offer her $1700 and say that is your final offer. It looks in great shape, and it is an awesome machine. You don't see those come around very often.

I'd ask for more pics near that headrest and also a close up of the weight horns, not that that would change much in terms of your offer. She is taking over saturated pictures so its hard to get detailed paint pics... seems like a few dings near the head rest area, but not sure.

Maybe she has to have it sit around for a few weeks before she will accept your offer... You'll have to judge whether or not it is worth $200.00 more offer to find out... If I really wanted something, I would just offer $1700... its still a fair price. Let me know how it works out.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-22-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Yup that's what I did, she emailed back saying I will let you know asap, I'll keep you informed. Have you sold any of your atlantis pieces you got?

If it were me, I''d offer her $1700 and say that is your final offer. It looks in great shape, and it is an awesome machine. You don't see those come around very often.

I'd ask for more pics near that headrest and also a close up of the weight horns, not that that would change much in terms of your offer. She is taking over saturated pictures so its hard to get detailed paint pics... seems like a few dings near the head rest area, but not sure.

Maybe she has to have it sit around for a few weeks before she will accept your offer... You'll have to judge whether or not it is worth $200.00 more offer to find out... If I really wanted something, I would just offer $1700... its still a fair price. Let me know how it works out.

Yup that's what I did, she emailed back saying I will let you know asap, I'll keep you informed. Have you sold any of your atlantis pieces you got?

No,

I have not sold any. Every piece I bought was based on demos I have done. Oh, I did sell my Atlantis Poliquin rack and bench, in order to obtain the custom Nebula rack and 1084 bench shown in this thread. No machines from Atlantis I have sold. The ones I have I feel are best of the best and have not found better versions.

She will be getting back to you I am sure... I guess she wants to shop your bid around a little and see if anyone can significantly out do your bid, but I doubt it... Plus you are able to go pick it up, correct? No shipping she would have to do...

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess she wants to shop your bid around a little and see if anyone can significantly out do your bid, but I doubt it.
    Unless a lurker tries to steal the deal from you. Never post about a piece that you are interested in getting for yourself on this thread. PM a regular thread contributor if you have questions about a piece that is for sale.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

No,

I have not sold any. Every piece I bought was based on demos I have done. Oh, I did sell my Atlantis Poliquin rack and bench, in order to obtain the custom Nebula rack and 1084 bench shown in this thread. No machines from Atlantis I have sold. The ones I have I feel are best of the best and have not found better versions.

She will be getting back to you I am sure... I guess she wants to shop your bid around a little and see if anyone can significantly out do your bid, but I doubt it... Plus you are able to go pick it up, correct? No shipping she would have to do...
    Oh! I haven't read that far yet, I've already passed when you received the poliquin rack, at page 30, I'd like to find somewhere I could try your leg curls (if you still have those) I found a used lat pulldown from Atlantis couple months ago for 500$, what a steal, looking for a row now

Ya I would be picking it up, I just hope I can find something else also if I do have to make the trip

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Unless a lurker tries to steal the deal from you. Never post about a piece that you are interested in getting for yourself on this thread. PM a regular thread contributor if you have questions about a piece that is for sale.
    I'm not to worried about if I don't get it or not, it's not that great of a price I feel, I think I could find a better price if I wait it out, if I was getting it for 1k then I wouldn't have mentioned anything lol. Everything else I purchased have been great deals

ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anyone have some videos of some of these leg presses in use? I own a Cybex squat press and love it but the 4bar linkage on the footplate is not perfect, it does not allow a perfect perpendicular to the lower leg travel as say the avenger, medx, nitro 4bar linkage footplate a do. (Thanks to big feather for posting videos, I get a lot of great info watching some of these machines move!)

I am interested to see the Atlantis pivot press in action and others. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or any of you fellas that own some of this stuff willing to post some short videos. (Seeing the machine in motion is a great piece of info!)

Originally Posted by ArtifactFit View Post
    Does anyone have some videos of some of these leg presses in use? I own a Cybex squat press and love it but the 4bar linkage on the footplate is not perfect, it does not allow a perfect perpendicular to the lower leg travel as say the avenger, medx, nitro 4bar linkage footplate a do. (Thanks to big feather for posting videos, I get a lot of great info watching some of these machines move!)

I am interested to see the Atlantis pivot press in action and others. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or any of you fellas that own some of this stuff willing to post some short videos. (Seeing the machine in motion is a great piece of info!)

The Cybex is not really comparable to the Atlantis Pivot Press. The motion path of the Pivot Press is superior and also superior to the Avenger leg press, with a greater range of motion. With the Atlantis pivot press you do indeed get a 100% perfect perpendicular movement. I'll take videos one of these days when I get a chance.

Pads arrived from Nancy... she did an outstanding job as usual. I'll have to tell Hans about these so he can get on board and use my tweaks.

Its really cool to see an idea come to life. Nancy did an amazing job with my plans.

Low Row pads:

New design:

a) foam wrapped around sides
    b) decreased width 0.5" from each side
    c) thicker padding
    d) better aesthetics and back board.

In the old design, you can feel the wood in the chest pad (on the sides) when you are fully extended . The new design pad maxes out the design and comfort.

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-23-2013 at 09:13 AM.

More pics:

The new design is as expected. Really helps pre-stretch.

allows your shoulders (rear delts and upper triceps) to move more freely during the chest press. Allows a deeper prestretch with more comfort.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-23-2013 at 09:06 AM.

bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chris I can't believe how well designed the Pads are. Your Nebula series look unreal. I would check on patent rights for the back pads as they look that good and functional. That was a simple yet great idea. I've seen no benches with that signature. You should make a call to an attorney and run a check for a few bucks. I'm not kidding. They look that good. Some one 's going to capitalize on it. Nancy Rules! You should really donate those pieces to my Gym. Not sequestered as they are now. You let me know in advanced when your coming and I'll pay to have them shipped over. I really do not want to attach an LOL to my request as I'm serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ergo

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    call them sword pads, they kinda reminded me of your swords
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Cybex is not really comparable to the Atlantis Pivot Press. The motion path of the Pivot Press is superior and also superior to the Avenger leg press, with a greater range of motion. With the Atlantis pivot press you do indeed get a 100% perfect perpendicular movement. I'll take videos one of these days when I get a chance.

Videos would be great, when you get time. Thanks

coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on the new pads for the Nebula machines, Chris. You knocked it outta the park!!

slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    call them sword pads, they kinda reminded me of your swords
    or a big black.......oh never mind.......

Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gzs7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    On the subject of seated calf machines the sorinex is great , nebula has nice adjustability, and bodymasters is simple and dows the job just right but the the Tk star is deadly. This is deffinetly not the type of calf machine that you will pile a bunch of 45's on. It hits your soleus like no other seated calf I ever used. Tom Kinney got the idea of the unique rounded and then slanted down foot plate from seeing how many woman who wore high heals had great calves. They weren't doing any calf work other than walking in there high heels. So he made all his calls blocks on a slightly different angle but many of them were rounded for the best stretch right into the slanted down foot plate that forces the user to get up high on the big toe for peak contraction. I love his calf machines although many people are uncomfortanle using it because it such an extreem stretch and the angle has you leaning into the machine . Every time I use it I am sore for days.

He also made a nice angled standing calf.
    I am always looking to find his designs.
    I will be posting more photos of his machines you will be surprised how may great machines he made and the influence he had on other Eq designers.

I got an email from the new Tom Kinney business of equipment repair. I recall that there were complaints of his taking orders and not following through. Is he back on the wagon?

I remember using that seated calf back in the '90s. I would want one if I could find one.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

badass
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Gzs7 View Post
    I got an email from the new Tom Kinney business of equipment repair. I recall that there were complaints of his taking orders and not following through. Is he back on the wagon?

I remember using that seated calf back in the '90s. I would want one if I could find one.

Funny you should bring this up. TJ just completely refurbished one for me and one for him. The pictures he sent were on my old cell phone which got smashed. I wanted to post pictures of the work that TJ did on both TK Star calf machines. Nancy redid the pads. We got them sandblasted and repowder coated. TJ did an amazing job, and even brought in a custom welder to do an optional mod he thought would be an improvement to supplement the original. I'll see if I can dig up the pics from that smashed cell phone, but it won't be anytime soon. I sent him that awesome grip tape I put on the Avenger leg press as well as some round rubber feet from Nebula that Hans uses. I'll post pics when it arrives and also try to get the pics of the refurbishment process hopefully. If not, TJ can post them although he is crazy busy right now.

Goalder is supposed to pick up my TK star calf machine from TJ within a couple weeks.

LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    TK STAR made great equipment in the 80,s.. especially there machine squat.. but as time went on you waited forever to get your equipment.. if at all..

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just had the opportunity to demo 3 Nautilus xpload pieces today, seated dip, tricep extension, and vertical chest press.

I was initially impressed by the compactness of both the dip and extension. I tried the dip first. The dip has a very good feel to it, the padding for knee retention was good and the system was easy to slip into. The large grips were comfortable, and I really like the iso lateral feature. The movement was very good, feeling more like regular body weight dips then the hammer strength. I have a hammer strength dip and I have to say that if someone offered me the xpload dip as a trade I would take it without thinking. The only deficiency I can see with the nautilus is the lack of grip options, but in the same breath I will say that I have never found any grip on the hammer to be nearly as comfortable or "correct" as the nautilus. With my nasty right shoulder I have to be in the hammer just right, where as with the nautilus the moment I got in, I was already there.

The tricep extension was next. Very small footprint compared to my hammer mts tricep. Speaking of the hammer, these are very similar machines, but with a few subtle differences in adjustment and positioning. The nautilus has a more elbows up position, and the adjustments are very good. I found a comfortable correct position easily. The movement of the nautilus is super smooth, smoother than the mts likely because of the lack of pulleys and weight stacks. I really liked this machine. If the bicep is as good and puts me into a similar elbows up position, I would really consider it for my gym as my main bicep machine. If I came across a good deal on both bi and tri I would grab them.

As for the vertical chest, I wasn't expecting much from Healthbuts run down. Not that we agree on everything (like the nautilus vs hammer dip), but I hold his opinion in high regard. With this negative predisposition in mind, I had a look at this machine. It's narrower than a hammer, at least it appears to be. It's longer too, but not by that much. I think square footage wise they are probably very similar. The nautilus looks more modern than my current hammer, and I don't like modern that much, (one of the big things that keeps me away from most Atlantis equipment is their modern oval tubing). So I adjusted the seat and climbed on. First thing I noticed was lack of stretch. Jumped off and had a look at the back pad. Adjusted it a couple of tomes till I felt the right amount of stretch. The big difference between Healthnut and me is that I do not like excessive pre stretch, and certainly nothing more than what I can achieve with a barbell on chest exercises. I also want my back pads to be stable and wide to support my back. With pre stretch in mind I found the xpload to be more than adequate as there were still a few more seat pad settings to increase the prestretch. The movement really surprized me, I really liked it, a lot more than I expected. It's another case of easily trading my hammer for it. It has a lot less convergence than hammer, and the position of and movement of the handles did not irritate my bad shoulder. I have up using my hammer regularly several years ago because of the strain on my shoulder. It's just a perfect movement for irritating it, a movement that I can hardly imitate with barbell or dumbbells. It's like kryptonite for my shoulder. But not the nautilus. And even with the neutral grip handles, a position I can never do on any hammer chest machines, it felt great. This machine would definetly make my best of the best list, until such time as I can try a nebula leverage chest or ida chest and see if the nebulas are better.

So there is my review. I'm half tempted to get these when I move to my new location this fall. Unless I can find a nebula Ida chest of course...

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I really like my XPload incline press, but to me there's a lot of convergence which I like. That's why I picked up a Nebula IDA vertical chest and just purchased a Cybex advanced chest off of ebay. I always preferred the older version of the Cybex plate load chest press which they longer make. I was just waiting to find a used one is great shape, which I did.
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    I just had the opportunity to demo 3 Nautilus xpload pieces today, seated dip, tricep extension, and vertical chest press.

I was initially impressed by the compactness of both the dip and extension. I tried the dip first. The dip has a very good feel to it, the padding for knee retention was good and the system was easy to slip into. The large grips were comfortable, and I really like the iso lateral feature. The movement was very good, feeling more like regular body weight dips then the hammer strength. I have a hammer strength dip and I have to say that if someone offered me the xpload dip as a trade I would take it without thinking. The only deficiency I can see with the nautilus is the lack of grip options, but in the same breath I will say that I have never found any grip on the hammer to be nearly as comfortable or "correct" as the nautilus. With my nasty right shoulder I have to be in the hammer just right, where as with the nautilus the moment I got in, I was already there.

The tricep extension was next. Very small footprint compared to my hammer mts tricep. Speaking of the hammer, these are very similar machines, but with a few subtle differences in adjustment and positioning. The nautilus has a more elbows up position, and the adjustments are very good. I found a comfortable correct position easily. The movement of the nautilus is super smooth, smoother than the mts likely because of the lack of pulleys and weight stacks. I really liked this machine. If the bicep is as good and puts me into a similar elbows up position, I would really consider it for my gym as my main bicep machine. If I came across a good deal on both bi and tri I would grab them.

As for the vertical chest, I wasn't expecting much from Healthbuts run down. Not that we agree on everything (like the nautilus vs hammer dip), but I hold his opinion in high regard. With this negative predisposition in mind, I had a look at this machine. It's narrower than a hammer, at least it appears to be. It's longer too, but not by that much. I think square footage wise they are probably very similar. The nautilus looks more modern than my current hammer, and I don't like modern that much, (one of the big things that keeps me away from most Atlantis equipment is their modern oval tubing). So I adjusted the seat and climbed on. First thing I noticed was lack of stretch. Jumped off and had a look at the back pad. Adjusted it a couple of tomes till I felt the right amount of stretch. The big difference between Healthnut and me is that I do not like excessive pre stretch, and certainly nothing more than what I can achieve with a barbell on chest exercises. I also want my back pads to be stable and wide to support my back. With pre stretch in mind I found the xpload to be more than adequate as there were still a few more seat pad settings to increase the prestretch. The movement really surprized me, I really liked it, a lot more than I expected. It's another case of easily trading my hammer for it. It has a lot less convergence than hammer, and the position of and movement of the handles did not irritate my bad shoulder. I have up using my hammer regularly several years ago because of the strain on my shoulder. It's just a perfect movement for irritating it, a movement that I can hardly imitate with barbell or dumbbells. It's like kryptonite for my shoulder. But not the nautilus. And even with the neutral grip handles, a position I can never do on any hammer chest machines, it felt great. This machine would definetly make my best of the best list, until such time as I can try a nebula leverage chest or ida chest and see if the nebulas are better.

So there is my review. I'm half tempted to get these when I move to my new location this fall. Unless I can find a nebula Ida chest of course...

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Harrisg83, what do you think of your Ida chest? I'm really curious about these pieces, especially considering how much I love my Ida low row. I saw a video of the Ida incline press loaded with a pile of plates, and it looks like an awesome movement.

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK, heres a follow up to a post I made a bit ago about an Atlantis Flat Converging Chest Press I was gonna pick up. Got it today, and even though I just tested it out with light weights, it feels pretty damn awesome. Far better than the Hammer Strength models from what I remember. The pre-stretch is adjustable by lifting the bench and it becomes somewhat of an Incline Press since the pad is at about a 20 degree angle when lifted fully, and there are 5 height adjustments. Its pretty small too, I was really surprised where I was able to squeeze it into my setup. It needs a major cleaning, new decals and rubber bumpers, but I contacted Atlantis and they are available. Very fast replies from their customer service also. Cant wait till this thing is all cleaned up cause its gonna be a killer piece to own.
    Attached Images
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    IronGym, I only used the IDA vertical chest for a quick demo before it was broken down. Right now it's broken down in my garage waiting to be sent out for a paint job. When that's done I'll post pics and spend more time with it and provide a review.
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Harrisg83, what do you think of your Ida chest? I'm really curious about these pieces, especially considering how much I love my Ida low row. I saw a video of the Ida incline press loaded with a pile of plates, and it looks like an awesome movement.

Closed Thread
Page 188 of 268 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast