Closed Thread
Page 187 of 268 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    P.S. Thanks again to Steve (5 pounder) for sleeping in the back of his Ryder truck on the side of the road this past weekend.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Although it is quite possible the UCS linear leg press could surpass them all. Last I heard it was in production again.
    7 gauge construction, adjustable seat angles, adjustable footplate, and fused/ISO option. It doesn't look very special. Would probably pass on looks alone. Not sure that a linear press is the way to go.

http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...eral-Leg-Press
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 08-19-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    7 gauge construction, adjustable seat angles, adjustable footplate, and fused/ISO option. It doesn't look very special. Would probably pass on looks alone. Not sure that a linear press is the way to go.

http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...eral-Leg-Press
    The adjustable footplate, adjustable 35-45 degree angle certainly are unique features not found on any other linear leg press.

That icon is not a good pic...

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone here have any experience with an Atlantis P-441 Flat Converging Chest Press? I might trade for an older one at the beginning of next month. Also, anyone know who to contact about their replacement decals and their rubber weighthorn bumpers ? I sent an email and got one back about their closest rep getting ahold of me. Here are a couple pics of it. Any info would be awesome.
    Attached Images
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    Anyone here have any experience with an Atlantis P-441 Flat Converging Chest Press? I might trade for an older one at the beginning of next month. Also, anyone know who to contact about their replacement decals and their rubber weighthorn bumpers ? I sent an email and got one back about their closest rep getting ahold of me. Here are a couple pics of it. Any info would be awesome.

Cool old bench from them. I wonder if they got that idea from Nebula back then about 12-15 years ago. Can you adjust the prestretch like the nebula?

That what you have is already a very old model. It is not really like the current model

http://www.atlantisstrength.com/en/p...ng-chest-press

The newest version seems significantly superior in my opinion. (I'm also not seeing any prestretch adjustment, like the Nebula.)

And of course, my favorite of all:

http://www.atlantisstrength.com/en/p...ng-bench-press

The adjustable flat decline does all of that and much more.

Not sure what you are considering trading ... what are you considering?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-19-2013 at 05:55 PM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cool old bench from them. I wonder if they got that idea from Nebula back then about 12-15 years ago. Can you adjust the prestretch like the nebula?
    That bench is at least two generations back in the Precision plateload series and maybe three. Raising the seat would be the only way to adjust it if it has any adjustment at all.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, the bench raises to adjust the pre stretch. And that Flat/Decline would be my first choice for sure but I like the square tubing way more. Actually, I cant stand the look of oval tubing. Global Fitness had one a couple monts ago for 850 bucks but I couldnt spend the cash then and I dont think they have it anymore. The guy I bought my Lat Pull from yesterday said he wants to trade my Power-Lift bench for that Chest Press. He has a Hammer Strength Incline Press also so I might try em both head to head and trade for the one I like better. Ive seen the Hammer and its alot cleaner, but I would really like to somewhat refurbish that Atlantis.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Regeneration weight stack add-on weight horn

Pretty funny you posted a pic of that MedX add on adapter cause Im currently building one for my Body Masters functional trainer. I thought I was pretty clever cause Ive never seen one like that, but, I guess not! My question about it though is, does it cock the stack at all or cause any weird tension on the guide rods? I should be done with mine this weekend and Ill post pics of it. I tried to design it in a way that might minimize that effect.
    I also made an add weight plate adapter similar to the one in the picture Im including. Ill post a pic of mine soon.
    Waiting on you to post pictures of your custom weight add-on adapter. I remember you welded up a dip attachment for your rack. It was a top notch workmanship.

Thats very funny you posted that cause I worked on it a little today. Been so super busy lately I havent touched it in who knows how long, probably before I posted about it. I still gotta add a support gusset behind the weighthorn and itll be complete. Then really clean it up cause it looks like total sh!t still, but, thats what in progress fab work looks like. Looking at the first pic, it looks like a cooky design, but when you see how it fits into the machine, it makes perfect sense. I really took the time to get all my dimesions perfect too. My only issue with it, is that it does put a little bit of tension on the guiderods. But, we'll see in time what it does.
    Attached Images
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've got great news! I will be moving my gym to a new larger location this fall. It's about 700ft2 more useable gym floor space, and has larger change rooms and office/counter area. It's a better location in town on a busy street next to the post office and grocery store. Downfall is it is another basement, upside is that it has higher ceilings, better lighting, less water issues, air conditioning, proper ventilation, and.... A freight elevator!!!! I'm not going to have to pack things downstairs anymore!

The extra space is just enough to round out my equipment choices and after cutting a few pieces that are under utilized it should have more spacing between equipment. I've got a **** load of work to do over the next couple of months, but I should be worth it.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That bench is at least two generations back in the Precision plateload series and maybe three. Raising the seat would be the only way to adjust it if it has any adjustment at all.
    Or maybe get lower height rubber bumpers or cut them down
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What do you guys think of this calf machine? I've never tried this model.

I used to have one of these promaxima machines, which was perfect for my long legs. I foolishly let someone talk me out of it

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post

I used to have one of these promaxima machines, which was perfect for my long legs. I foolishly let someone talk me out of it

If you like the Hammer calf machine, the Power-Lift is essentially a better version of it. Again, same design team, better product, better biomechanics, better features than Hammer. As you can tell, the Power Lift version comes from the same design team, and uses 3x4" 7 gauge, compared to Hammers anemic 2 x 3 x 11 gauge.

http://www.power-lift.com/plateload-...seatedlegpress
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-20-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    I've got great news! I will be moving my gym to a new larger location this fall. It's about 700ft2 more useable gym floor space, and has larger change rooms and office/counter area. It's a better location in town on a busy street next to the post office and grocery store. Downfall is it is another basement, upside is that it has higher ceilings, better lighting, less water issues, air conditioning, proper ventilation, and.... A freight elevator!!!! I'm not going to have to pack things downstairs anymore!

The extra space is just enough to round out my equipment choices and after cutting a few pieces that are under utilized it should have more spacing between equipment. I've got a **** load of work to do over the next couple of months, but I should be worth it.

Congrats!! Sounds like a good plan and good all around upgrade!!

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post

I have gone through a few calf raises and fell in love with this one when I got it. It will take a special calf raise to get me to trade this one out. I highly recommend it.
    Nothing is impossible.

()---() York Barbell Club #10 ()---()

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I really like my hammer seated calf. Never thought of it as anemic or weak. But I'm sure that th power lift would be awesomer, lol. Get a good price on the used hammer and I don't think you can go wrong. Cost no object, look at the power lift or elite fts which has plate storage too.

Originally Posted by OSUDimond View Post
    I have gone through a few calf raises and fell in love with this one when I got it. It will take a special calf raise to get me to trade this one out. I highly recommend it.
    The hammer or promaxima

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As expected it looks great. I wonder if three rod design would reduce or spread out tension on the guiderods.

My only issue with it, is that it does put a little bit of tension on the guiderods. But, we'll see in time what it does.

Last edited by Jetigen; 08-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.

The problem is side loading. It doesn't matter how many pins at on, the weight is pulling from one side. The ideal setup would be a top plate with a weight horn on each side loaded equally, or even chains draped over the top of the stack. I'm certain that bands could work very well too.

Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey HealthNutMD

I just found this thread and gonna start reading it more, I have a chance at getting an Atlantis pivot press, probably about 10 years old roughly, what would be a good purchase price for it?

I wish I would have seen this thread before, I've been purchasing all Atlantis pieces for my home gym, roughly have about 25 pieces or so, I never thought of purchasing single pieces from different brands

Thanks for your help!

slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    That Power Lift leg press looks impressive. No idea what it's like to actually use, but it LOOKS impressive.
    Love power lift stuff. Got some pieces myself. Wut did u pay for this if u don't mind me asking.

Originally Posted by slik View Post
    Love power lift stuff. Got some pieces myself. Wut did u pay for this if u don't mind me asking.
    I have the price list for Power Lift, I will post it later. Its $1999.00 for most of the pieces, and that is MSRP. You can get a discount as well. Thats what is so great about it... For example, Its essentially the same price as the Hammer, but over 2X as heavy, and better biomchanics, options, and prestretch...

Obviously Power lift does not make as many models as Hammer, but the ones that they do are awesome... that is why I am going to visit Power-Lift, to demo the entire line.

Other than the leg press, the majority of pieces are 1999.00 minus discount. I'll post this stuff when I get time.

Originally Posted by Justinrozon7 View Post
    Hey HealthNutMD

I just found this thread and gonna start reading it more, I have a chance at getting an Atlantis pivot press, probably about 10 years old roughly, what would be a good purchase price for it?

I wish I would have seen this thread before, I've been purchasing all Atlantis pieces for my home gym, roughly have about 25 pieces or so, I never thought of purchasing single pieces from different brands

Thanks for your help!
    Depends on the condition... I'd say $1000-$1900 depending on the condition for a 10 year old piece. That particular machine should last 100 yrs without any maintenance issues.

Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justinrozon7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ya for sure..Ok great, i wanted to make sure what i thought was decent, she's asking 2200$, i offered 1500, but she didn't take it, i find out more tomorrow, thanks for your help

Depends on the condition... I'd say $1000-$1900 depending on the condition for a 10 year old piece. That particular machine should last 100 yrs without any maintenance issues.

Ya for sure..Ok great, i wanted to make sure what i thought was decent, she's asking 2200$, i offered 1500, but she didn't take it, i find out more tomorrow, thanks for your help
    Do you have pics of it? What is the condition? What is the history of use on it?

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    $2,200 is sort of ridiculous. Even if the unit is in mint condition, for being 10 years old your offer was more than fair.

The new pads I designed for the Nebula chest and low row are coming from Nancy this week, Thursday or Friday.

I am sending out one of the Stainless steel landing pad stems (shoulder, chest, incline chest) to Bryce from Reflex today, I want to make new stainless steel stems, better than the original as follows:

a) 2" x 2" square stainless steel tubing, 7 gauge, but prefer even thicker steel due to desiring the holes closer together, One thought would be to weld an additional smaller strip of 7 gauge inside the front that has the pop pin holes... Like when I build subwoofers, I use a double thickness of wood where the subwoofer mounts to... we could use an additional single strip of stainless along the inside of the pop pin side...

b) The total length of the landing pad is a little over 10.5".. its basically a 10.5" length of square 2" x 2" plus the thickness of the top landing section.

c) The holes are spaced at 1" intervals, however, the entire goal of this project is to get those holes as close together was possible. If possible, I would like to get the holes spaced at 0.5" I realize this leaves very little steel between the holes, which is why I am suggesting greater than 7 gauge, or putting an additional 7 gauge strip welded to another just for the pop pin hole side.

I love these Nebula machines, so I am going to completely max out the design, better than the originals
    Attached Images

Do you have pics of it? What is the condition? What is the history of use on it?
    45365_orig.jpg684183_orig.jpg

Those are the only ones i have, condition looks good from what i can see, i haven't seen it in person, its about a 5 hour drive from my place..its from a gym that started about 2-3 years ago, their shutting it down in Oct

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    $2,200 is sort of ridiculous. Even if the unit is in mint condition, for being 10 years old your offer was more than fair.
    Ya for sure, even 1500$ was a higher then i wanted

Attachment 6116473Attachment 6116483

Those are the only ones i have, condition looks good from what i can see, i haven't seen it in person, its about a 5 hour drive from my place..its from a gym that started about 2-3 years ago, their shutting it down in Oct

Ya for sure, even 1500$ was a higher then i wanted

I love that leg press, its probably my overall number one favorite leg press if I had to pick. I think your offer is reasonable, but if that piece is in excellent condition, 1700-1800 is still in that reasonable range. If that piece is in excellent condition, you could always offer $1600 as your final offer.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-21-2013 at 11:49 AM.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I received a quote on a new Atlantis Pivot Press for $2,695 w/out shipping. Shipping from Canada is what killed me. Justin, since you live in Canada shipping would be much cheaper. With that being said, for her to ask $2,200 for that piece is a joke.

I love that leg press, its probably my overall number one favorite leg press if I had to pick. I think your offer is reasonable, but if that piece is in excellent condition, 1700-1800 is still in that reasonable range. If that piece is in excellent condition, you could always offer $1600 as your final offer.

Closed Thread
Page 187 of 268 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast