Closed Thread
Page 139 of 268 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    The seated squat pro should be right up on the best of the best list for sure. Hands down that and the avenger . It's not a piece that you can just demo. You need to experiance some good sets on it to really appreciate it. It was one of the best investments I have made and in my opinion one of the best leg press made today. You know I love the avenger especially how well its built along with adjustable seat options and sholder pads.I can only emagine If the seated squat pro had the seat of the avenger with lumbar support. I use a pad on mine to make it a bit more comfortable when going heavy . I will be forever thankful to tyler hobson for creating this master piece. Its the one and only leg press that i can use after 3 knee surgerys with absolutly no pain. You can do so much more with this seated squat pro its the Lamborghini*of all leg presses.

The only problem is that there are about 10 leg presses qualifying for Lamborghini status:

Atlantis Pivot Press
    Atlantis 40 degree Leg press (with modified wide foot plates)
    Atlantis Power Squat (modified additional wide foot plate surface)
    MedX Avenger Leg Press
    Nebula Vertical leg press
    Nebula 35 degree Leg Press
    Randy Coyle Swing Squat
    Rogers Athletic Power Squat Pro
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Hip Press
    Rogers Athletic Seated Squat Pro

How to rank these is personal preference for sure... but wow, it is TOUGH!!! I have to say, only with Leg Presses do we see so many good ones. With all other types of machines, we don;t have so many Lamborghini's to chose from. I guess all we can try to spend as much time with each one of these as possible and own as many of these as possible. One thing is for sure... I'm not giving up my Atlantis Pivot Press, ever.

I like to have one linear leg press, so that's one. For me its the Atlantis 40 degree with added wide footplates.

Gotta have a Power Squat Pro

Gotta have a Pendulum Hip Press

I think the Atlantis Pivot press eliminates my need for an inverted leg press, so I can do without the Nebula inverted

If I really wanted the Seated Squat Pro, I'm not sure which one I would give up.

I also have an Atlantis Power Squat and that is different that the Pendulum Power Squat Pro.

I guess I need to spend some serious time with a seated squat pro, but what about the Randy Coyle Swing Squat? I mean its crazy but there are a lot of damn good leg presses. I guess that is the good part about this thread, at least we can list them, and let personal preference sort itself out. I mean hell, I'd love to have ALL 10 of the ABOVE!! I think I'm almost there...
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone have any recommendations on mirrors or 'fake' mirrors? I'm tempted to go with a fake mirror because all of my glass stuff breaks when I move.

http://giganticmirrors.com/tag/gigantic-mirrors Not bad prices. I'm just thinking I'd hate to buy real glass because no way it would hold up to moving. Recommendations?

http://glasslessmirror.com/custom-gl...s-mirrors.html

http://www.gtechfitness.com/gtech-4x...ym-mirror.aspx

Damn, that glassless stuff is expensive.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on mirrors or 'fake' mirrors? I'm tempted to go with a fake mirror because all of my glass stuff breaks when I move.

http://giganticmirrors.com/tag/gigantic-mirrors Not bad prices. I'm just thinking I'd hate to buy real glass because no way it would hold up to moving. Recommendations?

http://glasslessmirror.com/custom-gl...s-mirrors.html

http://www.gtechfitness.com/gtech-4x...ym-mirror.aspx

Damn, that glassless stuff is expensive.
    I considered the glassless stuff that Ivanko sells, but ended up settling for good ole home depot mirrors. Heck they are so damn cheap, if they were to break, you can easily replace them. I'm talking $60 for a 60"x36 mirror. I haven't seen the glassless mirrors in person, but I have a feeling they might seem warped, I mean they are an inch thick, I'm not sure they wouldn't seem distorted at certain angles.

I'd love to say cost no object, but the price difference just can't justify straying from conventional wisdom. I'd go with the Gigantic mirrors or just plain old Home Depot, it just depends on the wall space you are looking to use, floor to ceiling, or some other variation, etc. Also, if you were going with the larger gigantic mirrors, they would definitely need two people to handle, where the smaller 60x36 versions are easily handled by one person.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.URO1MqW5ApA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I considered the glassless stuff that Ivanko sells, but ended up settling for good ole home depot mirrors. Heck they are so damn cheap, if they were to break, you can easily replace them. I'm talking $60 for a 60"x36 mirror. I haven't seen the glassless mirrors in person, but I have a feeling they might seem warped, I mean they are an inch thick, I'm not sure they wouldn't seem distorted at certain angles.

I'd love to say cost no object, but the price difference just can't justify straying from conventional wisdom. I'd go with the Gigantic mirrors or just plain old Home Depot, it just depends on the wall space you are looking to use, floor to ceiling, or some other variation, etc. Also, if you were going with the larger gigantic mirrors, they would definitely need two people to handle, where the smaller 60x36 versions are easily handled by one person.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.URO1MqW5ApA

I just called http://giganticmirrors.com/tag/gigantic-mirrors and they will come out and install a custom 49.5" x 72" for $179.00 so imma go that route this time for this one mirror. I was hoping to go to glassless in the future, but screw it, that stuff is ridiculous expensive... basically 2-2.5 times more than glass mirror. Yes, **** that, for home users, why bother with glassless. Someday if I can get a big house and gym room, I'm gonna gt some big ass mirrors like those in gigantic mirrors. 72″ x 100″ or larger
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pretty much just stole a like-new Medx pullover.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    You must be excited. How new we talking? Where did you get it from?

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just called http://giganticmirrors.com/tag/gigantic-mirrors and they will come out and install a custom 49.5" x 72" for $179.00 so imma go that route this time for this one mirror. I was hoping to go to glassless in the future, but screw it, that stuff is ridiculous expensive... basically 2-2.5 times more than glass mirror. Yes, **** that, for home users, why bother with glassless. Someday if I can get a big house and gym room, I'm gonna gt some big ass mirrors like those in gigantic mirrors. 72″ x 100″ or larger
    I'm saving money on mirrors by just having the guy who's doing our bathrooms mirrors do one of the 30ft walls in my gym with wall to wall mirrors 6ft tall. I'm doing the wall with no doors or anything so I figured it'd be plenty of space and I can just put the equipment that I'd never care about using mirrors with on the opposite wall. The price wasn't that bad either, only $2600 for the whole wall, the total width will be 29ft so he's really only going to leave 1/2ft on either side lol, I think it's gonna be awesome. That idea probably doesn't help you in your current place but maybe down the line...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lehigh university. To be in any better condition it would be coming straight from the factory. It has two rub spots on the seat where they probably stored it against something.

Lehigh university. To be in any better condition it would be coming straight from the factory. It has two rub spots on the seat where they probably stored it against something.

Why did they say they wanted to get rid of it? Congrats again! You, Iron Gym, Keetman, MikeND99 seem to score bigtime... you defintely do some good searching!!

All you have to do is replace the seat pad if you want it to look brand new, lucky you!! Sounds like you saved $6,000 !!! sum of a bitch

I'm looking for that old Nebula Leveredge shoulder (which would complete my set as well).
    and a Power Plus 10 degree chest.

What might be nice to do in this thread is:

1) List the pieces you have for each body part
    2) List which pieces you are actively looking for
    3) List pieces on your future wish list

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    I'm saving money on mirrors by just having the guy who's doing our bathrooms mirrors do one of the 30ft walls in my gym with wall to wall mirrors 6ft tall. I'm doing the wall with no doors or anything so I figured it'd be plenty of space and I can just put the equipment that I'd never care about using mirrors with on the opposite wall. The price wasn't that bad either, only $2600 for the whole wall, the total width will be 29ft so he's really only going to leave 1/2ft on either side lol, I think it's gonna be awesome. That idea probably doesn't help you in your current place but maybe down the line...

That sounds high in price. It is 349.00 installed from that mirror place I called for 6' x 100"

29' = 348" Meaning you only need 3 panels = $1047.00 + one smaller panel for like 179.00

Man you need to call that place. Sounds awesome, but that should only cost you about $1200 installed. 72″ x 100″ Mirror Installed for Only 349.00

I would give gigantic mirror a call.

I ordered mine installed for 179.00 and they will even cut it or trim it if needed.

So yes, your total cost should be $349 X 3 and then just one smaller mirror. And the bad-ass part is that is not only inexpensive, you get AWESOME 100" length of solid glass. Unless you want to get really baddass and turn that panel to make 100" tall and do 6ft width. For the amount you are saving, you could do that....

Your total cost installed for that job should not exceed $1200.00 ... That guy is not doing you any favor.

If you have 9' 4" + ceilings you can turn those into 100" tall and 72" wide panels and still only need 5 panels (actually 4.8, so trim the 5th one) at 349.00 each to make the 100" the height all the way across your 29' wall. So basically 1745.00 installed to have 100" tall mirrors across your 29' wall.

So basically that guy who is doing your mirrors should go take a hike... at least as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-07-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Good Riddance to the Hammer Super Incline.

Map Cargo shipped to London from the west coast... $411.00, however that was quoted at 30" high. It actually ended up being 21" high, so it could be less.

What a pain in the ass... had to buy and pick up a custome pallet, and all that packing. Put in about 7 hours of labor getting it to the point in the picture.
    Attached Images

http://giganticmirrors.com/tag/gigantic-mirrors

When I got back I looked around and could not pass up on the deal. Ordered a second mirror downstairs for $299.00 installed, and that includes full install as well as any linear cutting or trimming. Damn good deal. 100" x 72" installed... worth it.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Hans and Tony (Hans assistant) called today regarding the 3 Nebula Leverage pieces: they sent the old pads to Nancy for duplication. They have already sandblasted the pieces. Going for repowder coating. Tony says all the guys there that were 'stuyding it' LOVE them. They asked if they could 'study' then some more. In any case, looks like another 4 weeks until they ship out. Looking forward to seeing them restored to full cosmetic glory, although there weren't too bad to start with. Those pieces can't come back soon enough.

Gregg you should check them out at Rae Crowthers. You can order those pieces now from Rae Crowthers

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like Power Lift put up their new high row and prone leg curl. The prone leg curl looks meh. The high row looks interesting along with those outer 2" fat grips. It's almost like a neutral grip pullup or something.

And the prone leg curl:

I'd rather have a normal grip at that second position, not really a fan of machines with fat grips because I want to work my back, not my grip. I'd just end up using straps for that grip. I'd rather work my grip separately. Anyway, I would like to try their pulldown, high row(s), Low Row, and full body squat. Although last thing we need is another leg press.

^^^ Don't hurt yourself with that weight dude! ^^^
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-07-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Great deal!

Attached Images

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmm yeah I'll have to look into that website. I actually got another quote and it was more expensive than this guy that already is doing mirrors in the bathrooms etc. Seems weird to me that somewhere is doing it for literally half the cost and they aren't even local.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Why did they say they wanted to get rid of it?
    He said an individual donated it to the school and that he never even set it up on the gym floor because he likes to train multiple people from the team. It was on craigslist for 8 months for $999. No offers except one for $400. I spotted the ad about 3 months ago but was not sure of my interest until I got to demo one in Gainesville. It will take me most of the day to put it together, clean up, and rearrange my equipment from another couple of purchases. hopefully some pics tonight. I want to thank TJ for bartering a better deal for me. I am getting low on space again so culling and trading is about all I can do for awhile, lol....... I do have a trade deal on the table now.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 02-08-2013 at 04:49 AM.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn Greg, you always get the best deals. Ever think of making a full time business out of it, buying and selling equip?

The Atlantis shipment arrived to a distributor warehouse a couple days ago. Earliest they can deliver is Thursday, so it worked out well that Dave isn't here already. Problem is I don't know what day Dave will be here or even what week. I'm trying to find out. He was 'off' this week, back at home in Sedalia, Missouri. I guess he is heading out sometime soon working is way out west. I know he is picking up 17 pieces in Washington, so probably working his way towards Washington, and then heading south to CA. If I had to guess, hes probably not even going to get to Washington until the 16th or 18th. My guess is he won't get to me until around the 19-23th. Well, that's my guess for now. Hope to have an update soon. As much as I want them to deliver this Atlantis equipment, it is going to save money and headache if I can get them to deliver on the exact same day Dave arrives.

I landed a Power Plus 10 degree pec fly today. Actually I had my eye on it for a few months, but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money shipping it to Tim Ryan (an expert refurb guy in Chicago who is outstanding). New pads from Nautilus are $600.00 for the complete set of pads. In any case, those pieces are so rare, I decided not to drag my feet. When all is said and done, it will have cost me $2600.00, but it will be brand new with factory nautilus pads.

I also landed a Power Plus Pullover which seems in excellent condition. I went ahead and spent $600.00 to get all new pads from Nautilus, and they arrived already. Full Circle padding also offered a new foot guard for the foot bar, and new bar arm pads, so I got those also for the Power Plus Pullover.

Now that I have finished all of my decisions and purchases and essentially have finished this 'project', I thought I would:

1) List the pieces you currently own for each body part
    2) List which pieces you are actively looking for to purchase immediately
    3) List pieces you will definitely purchase in the future when financial or space constraints are removed.
    4) List pieces on your want to demo list.

(I encourage you to do the same).

1) OWN:

Leg presses:

Atlantis Pivot Press (modified width of footplate surface)
    Atlantis 40 degree Leg press (modified width of foot plate surface)
    Atlantis Power Squat (modified width of foot plate surface)
    MedX Avenger Leg Press
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Hip Press
    Rogers Athletic Power Squat Pro

Leg Curl:

Atlantis C-107 Standing leg curl
    Star Trac prone Leg curl
    Star Trac kneeling Leg Curl
    Westside Barbell/Legend: Inverse leg curl

Leg Extension:

Strive Fitness plate loaded

Leg Abductor/Adductor:

Strive Fitness combo abductor

Calf Machines:

Atlantis standing calf
    Free Motion Epic calf ext
    Nebula seated calf
    Reflex (Sorinex) Donkey calf with custom adjustable forearm pad
    Reflex (Sorinex) seated calf

Shoulder:

Atlantis E-449 Plate loaded Shoulder
    Power-Lift Pro Plate Load Shoulder
    Strive selectorized lateral raise

Traps:

Elite FTS Pro Rickshaw
    Sorinex Diamond Bar

Triceps:

Atlantis D-123 Pulldown with various tricep attachments.
    Atlantis Dipping station
    Cybex VR3 arm extension with heavy stack option.
    Nebula reverse dip bench

Biceps:

Hammer Strength plate loaded bicep
    Strive plate loaded bicep

Back:

Atlantis D-123 cable pulldown 310 lb stack standard
    Atlantis D-132 cable High Row (310 lb weight stack is standard on this).
    Hammer Strength Iso lateral MID ROW, with modified chest pad.
    Nebula Leverage Low Row
    Power-Lift VARIABLE ANGLE ROMAN CHAIR
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Combo Lat Pulldown
    Strive Plate loaded and selectorized Low back extension with seat-belt option

Chest:

Atlantis P-439 Plate loaded flat/decline
    Atlantis Plate loaded Vertical chest (Old school version, no longer made but available upon request)
    Atlantis P-156 Pec Fly/rear Delt
    Nautilus Power Plus 10 degree chest
    Nebula plate loaded leverage Incline chest
    Nebula plate loaded leverage flat chest

Abs:

Atlantis A-264 Adjustable Sit Up Bench.
    Hammer Strength MTS selectorized Ab Crunch
    Strive fitness Rotary Torso: A+ (modified to have 225 lb weight stack to help make setting 2 adequately challenging).
    Strength Inc. Inverted Sit Up

Glute Ham Developer:

UCS Glute Ham with custom wide footplate and wide footpads (36" width footplate)

Pullover Machines:

Nautilus Power Plus Pullover

2)Actively Looking to purchase immediately:

Nebula Leverage Shoulder

Custom Reflex Fitness decline-flat dumbbell autospot bench

3) Definite purchase in the future when financial or space constraints are removed

Custom Reflex 0-90 multi angle autospot bench.

Depends on how continued demos go on the list below. There is nothing I want below more than what I have now, however, I want to continue to spend more time with the machines I have listed below, or find a place to demo them before deciding.

4) Want to Demo/Spend more time with before deciding:

Atlantis D-423 pulldown

Atlantis Multi Forearm vs David Multi Forearm

Bodymasters overhead tricep bench

Bodymasters selectorized behind the head triceps extension

Bodymasters preacher curl bench

DAVID equipment (David international) http://www.david-international.com/c...=78&Itemid=478

Hammer Strength Plate loaded AB Crunch

MedX selectorised Leg ext

MedX Avenger Pulldown

MedX Avenger Row

MedX Selectorized Lumbar

MedX Avenger Iso lateral vertical chest

MedX selectorized tricep extension

MedX selectorized iso-lateral pullover

Quantum Fitness Power Crunch machines

Randy Coyle Swing Squat

Rogers Athletic Seated Squat Pro

Rogers Athletic Pit Shark

Rogers Athletic Pendulum Gripper

Sorinex Adjustable Preacher Curl Bench

Star Trac plate loaded vertical chest

Star Trac plate loaded decline chest

Star Trac plate loaded incline chest.

Westside Legend: Hip Quad machine

Westside Legend Reverse hyperextension with curved pendulum

Cardio Machines highest on my list to demo:

Woodway Curve
    Cybex Arc Trainer
    Jacobs Ladder
    Stair master Step Mill 5
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.

deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Will you be posting up pics or a video of the completed project?

Yes, I have read through the whole 139 pages, epic.

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    Just a quick question here but do you think you could use the dumbbell spotter arms from Sorinex in their multi-angle auto spot bench?

Use these posts that slide into that rack for holding dumbbells:

Into this bench:

http://store.sorinex.com/Auto-Spot-M...e-p/as0-90.htm

http://store.sorinex.com/Dumbbell-Sp...-p/dbsdi-1.htm

The dumbbell spotter arms were meant for the prone auto-spot bench:

------------

It wouldn't do decline but you have flat - incline - 90* angles and you could swap between the two posts changing from barbell to dumbbell on the same unit.

I made some phone calls about that today. If you could swap the bar holders for dumbbell holders and make them interchangeable, that would be amazing. I'll let you know if it can be done.

I would like for Reflex to make a combined decline-flat adjustable dumbbell spotter based on these three machines:

Essentially just make an adjustable flat-decline dumbbell spotter bench like above

This is also a definite. I'll update you on this as well. Going to make a flat -decline adjustable dumbbell autospot bench. Would compliment the above. Perhaps we can even make the dumbbell spotters interchangeable for bar holders as well.

Don't forget the David units look awesome also. Look at the back ext how similar it is to the MedX

http://www.david-international.com/c...=78&Itemid=478

Attached Images

SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I guess I need to spend some serious time with a seated squat pro, but what about the Randy Coyle Swing Squat? I mean its crazy but there are a lot of damn good leg presses. I guess that is the good part about this thread, at least we can list them, and let personal preference sort itself out. I mean hell, I'd love to have ALL 10 of the ABOVE!! I think I'm almost there...
    That Swing Squat sort of reminds me of that old Cybex squat machine. I honestly can't figure out why they put the footplate where it is or better yet, why they didn't extend it downward another 6-8 inches. When your feet are positioned in front of your shoulders and hips, it doesn't mimic squatting. It may still be a good developer of strength and size, but it's not going to replicate squatting. There still seems to be this irrational fear of having anything, whether machine or exercise, of having the knees travel forward toward the toes. The knees moving forward during the squat is a very natural movement...if it wasn't meant to be, our ankles would be fused to restrict forward flexion of the tibia,why are manufacturers of machines perpetuating this myth?

Originally Posted by SMCStrength View Post
    That Swing Squat sort of reminds me of that old Cybex squat machine. I honestly can't figure out why they put the footplate where it is or better yet, why they didn't extend it downward another 6-8 inches. When your feet are positioned in front of your shoulders and hips, it doesn't mimic squatting. It may still be a good developer of strength and size, but it's not going to replicate squatting. There still seems to be this irrational fear of having anything, whether machine or exercise, of having the knees travel forward toward the toes. The knees moving forward during the squat is a very natural movement...if it wasn't meant to be, our ankles would be fused to restrict forward flexion of the tibia,why are manufacturers of machines perpetuating this myth?

That is a good question. Should all leg presses replicate squatting, or just provide variety to squatting, such as a finishing exercise after squatting? The Pendulum Power Squat Pro is the machine that comes closest to actual squatting since you are standing on the ground. Other leg presses I suppose you can change the position of your feet. Would be cool to see how you would change the angle and position of the footplate in the Randy Coyle Swing squat to see what you are talking about and how different that movement would look after your redesign. Maybe somebody could look at the swing squat as nothing more than a machine to provide variety or a finishing piece. I guess I look at all leg presses as something to do after squats. Personally I'm not looking to replace bar squats with leg presses. However, some people feel that after using a Pendulum power squat pro, they could probably give up barbell squats and not miss them (which I guess depends on your personal goals and level of 'competition').

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    TL;DR - Me want new bench, cost no object. Maybe Legend 3164 4-way? Not as stable as pure 0-90. Maybe Williams Strength S-D090B? Maybe Power Lift Dumbbell Bench? Thoughts? Reviews?

I hate my BodyCraft F320 FID. It's too tall, it's wobbly, and the pad gap is obnoxious. I'm ready to spend the cash on a cost no object bench to last me the rest of my life. Due to space limitations, I'm hoping to get everything I want in a single bench.

Must Haves:
    - flat
    - incline
    - rock solid
    - very small pad gap
    - very narrow front footprint

Nice to Haves:
    - competition width (~12")
    - competition height (~17")
    - no spotting platform or steps
    - lots of incline angles
    - decline
    - yellow frame, black padding and moving parts

The narrow front footprint is due to needing to move it around on my uneven garage floor. On an uneven surface, three legs are more stable than four since you'll only be sitting on three legs anyway.

The ideal would be an FID bench as solid as a flat bench. The Nebula 1084 Awesome Utility Bench looks like exactly that, but the front footprint is too wide, and so is the dip between the pads. Skipping the picture since I'm at the limit and I'm not really considering it, no matter how awesome it might be.

http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Product.aspx?Product=46

The Legend 3164 Four-Way Utility Bench seems to get high praise. It has a small pad gap, a smallish front footprint, lots of incline angles, and the yellow would match my Legend GHD exactly. So that's probably at the top of my FID list in practice, even if it feels like taking a step down from the Nebula.

http://www.legendfitness.com/product...lity_3164.aspx

The Hoist CF-3165 Super Flat/Incline/Decline Bench also looks promising. I see less about it, but what I see is praise, and it's heavier than the Legend with a narrower front foot and wider rear stance, all good things. I worry about the long term stability of bolt-together equipment, though, even if I understand that it can be as strong as welded. And the pad is higher and narrower than I'd prefer.

http://www.hoistfitness.com/commerci...t/cf-3165.aspx

Then we have the Magnum A86 and the Tuff Stuff PPF-700, which look promising on paper, but I can't seem to find much in the way of information, feedback or pictures. I don't think I want to take a thousand dollar gamble without even reading feedback or seeing more pictures. But maybe someone on here has used one of these and can comment.

http://www.magnumfitness.com/templat..._prod&prod=304

http://www.tuffstuffitness.com/produ...tegory=PPF-700

But no matter how good, these FID benches are surely not as solid as an equally high-end 0-90 in the flat position. If I find the FID flat position unacceptable, that could mean also buying a flat bench (admittedly the optimal way to do flat benching) and swapping in and out between flat and incline, which would be annoying. And what if I don't like the decline either? I don't have room for three benches. I'm not even sure I have room for two.

So my current thinking is that I shouldn't take the FID gamble, and I should just get a top end 0-90 (and maybe buy a decline someday if I find I have room, or just live without it).

Of the 0-90 benches, one that looks particularly good to me is the Williams Strength S-D090B Signature 0-90 Bench. It appears to be the same as the top of the line EFS 0-90 bench (as it should since they make equipment for EFS), plus it removes the steps that I dislike. People seem to love the EFS, and I believe that praise would apply equally to the Williams, even if that's not what people have used. Small pad gap, small front end, near competition dimensions (a little high), 120 pounds, 7 gauge steel. I'm sure I'd be happy with it.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/fatb...cid=93&pid=256

But the one I'm REALLY drooling on is the Power Lift Dumbbell Bench. There's virtually no gap due to some patented fiddly-bits. The adjustment arms look super solid and lock in place with a pop pin without actually putting their weight on the pop pin. The pad looks wide, I'm guessing competition width. Not sure about the height. And it just looks sexy as all hell to me. I need five minutes alone with that bench. It LOOKS like it's built like a tank, and I assume in this case the looks are more than skin deep. I wish I could find any feedback on it, but the company seems to have a solid reputation for top end equipment. I think I remember one comment from somewhere, which was that it was beyond commercial quality, but I'm not sure if and where I saw that. One was JUST up for sale on ebay (the one pictured below), but I didn't make a decision fast enough, and someone snapped it up.

http://www.power-lift.com/benches-powerlift.html

Thoughts or further thoughts on any of these benches, and in particular on the Power Lift if anyone has used it? And does anyone happen to know the dimensions of it? Well, primarily the length and width of the pads, and height of the pad at the top?

I gather that Power Lift DOES sell to individuals, even if their primary business seems to be large installations like college athletic departments. It looks like the California sales rep is still Tony Tribolet (mentioned earlier in the thread). I assume he's the guy to talk to about dimensions and pricing. I'm composing an email now.

Yes, I know, try them all for myself and see what I think. But I'm a shut in, and that's never going to happen.

In other cost no object news, I'm about to use my shiny new Sorinex Calf/Tibia machine in anger for the first time. I'm expecting good things.

PowerLift3.PNG
    A86-lrg-304.jpg
    0011935472.jpg
    ggjikm.jpg
    WS-S-D090B.jpg
    fegwege.PNG

SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That is a good question. Should all leg presses replicate squatting, or just provide variety to squatting, such as a finishing exercise after squatting? The Pendulum Power Squat Pro is the machine that comes closest to actual squatting since you are standing on the ground. Other leg presses I suppose you can change the position of your feet. Would be cool to see how you would change the angle and position of the footplate in the Randy Coyle Swing squat to see what you are talking about and how different that movement would look after your redesign. Maybe somebody could look at the swing squat as nothing more than a machine to provide variety or a finishing piece. I guess I look at all leg presses as something to do after squats. Personally I'm not looking to replace bar squats with leg presses. However, some people feel that after using a Pendulum power squat pro, they could probably give up barbell squats and not miss them (which I guess depends on your personal goals and level of 'competition').
    To me what defines the difference between a leg press and a squat machine is whether you're seated or standing.

Nothing seated replicates squatting, the angles are just too different.

The Pendulum Power Squat, Nebula Power Squat (and all other similar designs), Hack Squat machines, and obviously a Belt Squat, all do a good job replicating the squatting motion because the user is able to put their foot directly in line with their hip just like in a traditional squat.

I can't classify the Seated Squat Pro as a "squat" type machine because the angles just aren't the same. That's not to say I don't like it or don't think it's a great machine. I actually think it's a great iso leg press design.

If pad gap is such a big issue, you're likely limited with your choices.

The Power Lift bench is really big and sturdy. It's a good bench. If you like that one, you may also like the UCS design as well.

Personally, the Nebula 1080 series of benches to me are the ideal of compact design, heavy duty, and very adjustable with plenty of angles. Their were a few pieces that Tom blasted out of the park, and this is one of them.

All the legend line of benches are pretty good values for the money. I think they make a decent product and have been building better stuff the last few years. Dealing with their design crew however is painfull...sort of like a cross between talking to my dog and the wall about equipment design, but I digress.

Rumor has it that the Nebula 1080 benches are soon to be released by Rogue...may be worth your while to wait and see what they release first.

Closed Thread
Page 139 of 268 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast