Closed Thread
Page 133 of 268 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 8031
    irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    While it's calmed down a bit I wanted to see if anyone knew of any other, perhaps cheaper, human powered treadmills/trainers. Similar to the Woodway Curve, Woodway Force, and Rogers tred sled. But perhaps without the 6-8k price tag.
    I honestly don't believe there is anything better than the woodway in any model. If your looking for a manual I would try and oick up a woodway soeedboard. Same thing as the curve, but a couple years older with a different handle configuration. I see these on craigslist occasionally for between 2 & 5k.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anyone get a chance to demo the nautilus Xpload bicep and tricep machines? What about the deadlift? I'm considering these machines, but there is nothing remotely local to demo. For the bicep it's either the nautilus Xpload or hammer plate load. Anyone compare the two?

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Anyone get a chance to demo the nautilus Xpload bicep and tricep machines? What about the deadlift? I'm considering these machines, but there is nothing remotely local to demo. For the bicep it's either the nautilus Xpload or hammer plate load. Anyone compare the two?
    I thought you had a couple of the best bicep machines? You have the 2 Nautilus selectorized but no plate loaded biceps? I like the Strive Bicep very much and it is my overall favorite plate loaded bicep. The Hammer Plate load is also a small footprint and excellent. Now that you mention it, what plate loaded bicep other then the Strive is better than the Hammer Strength plate loaded?

I suppose I haven't been much of a fan of iso lateral bicep curls, which is why I never picked up the MTS Hammer bicep. The XPLOAD is iso lateral. Legend Leveredge bicep is iso lateral. Star Trac Leverage is iso-lateral.

I could always add a third bicep machine in addition to the Strive and Hammer, but so far have not been tempted. I suppose because an iso lateral bicep machine would really have to wow me considering I can just use dumbbells. I wasn't really wowed by the Hammer MTS selectorized iso-lateral bicep. I would play with it perhaps if some gym had it, but I don't recall liking it enough to want to own it.

Attached Images
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I honestly don't believe there is anything better than the woodway in any model.

They do have quite the excellent reputation.

Lol. I do have the nautilus 1st gen multi bi, plate load bi/tri, hammer mts bi, and best of the best nautilus 1st gen compound bi. But I am trying to streamline my equipment a bit and I want a plate load bicep as the machines I'm currently using are all selectorized. I like the hammer, especially for simplicity, but the Xpload bicep intrigues me. If it has a similar feel to my compound bicep it could be just the machine I'm looking for. If I could even find a video of someone using it it would give me a better idea of adjustment etc.

Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    check out this FSU Strength coach video... look like they have the full line of Avenger pieces. Its too bad I can't find the upper body ones...

I'm bringing this video back up because you will see some Avenger machines in action. As you can see, this coach thinks the leg curl needed a counterbalance, so he made a ghetto one, hehe... but it works I guess.

Hehe, were you trying to say something Gregg?

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hehe, were you trying to say something Gregg?
    Yes, I was trying to post another video showing the Avenger Row. The video earlier in this thread is much better though.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-26-2013 at 02:47 PM.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm bringing this video back up because you will see some Avenger machines in action. As you can see, this coach thinks the leg curl needed a counterbalance, so he made a ghetto one, hehe... but it works I guess.
    FSU strength coach Mike Bradely he is a great guy and absolutely loves the avenger line. If the school did not have a contract with hammer strength i am sure he would have every piece avenger ever made in his facility. I know for sure he has the avenger
    Leg press
    Leg ext
    Leg curl
    Row
    Pullover
    And 10 degree pec

I also got to try out the medx prone leg curl last week and i thought it was excellent. Both myself and my wife are big fans of the avenger leg curl .. the more I use it the more I like it. It's deffinelty a piece you need to give a chance.
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 01-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

In the past I briefly used the production model avenger row but never had the opportunity to get a true workout using it. Yesterday I got to train on one and really got some good sets in.

I like the proto type row with the unique Handels Along with the fused or isolateral option . This machine is very diffrent from any other row i have used . I am surprised no one else bought the last one and only other one ever made. The proto type

is very different from the production model row. Not only the handels but The proto type starts off light and gets much harder as you get to the contracted position . I allways liked that and found it very challenging. The production model row seems to be just the opposite starting off harder and as you get into the end of the rep gets a little easier. Normally I would not like this but after several sets I really appreciated it because I was able to really focuse on getting a deep contraction . I can see why many people like it so much. Dave Goalder is picking up the production model avenger row for me any day. It will be several weeks before i have it but it will be nice to have both rows to chose from. At this time I can not say what machine I like better . The proto type avenger does not have the well built linkage system like the production model but is a very simple design . My back has responded very well to the past few weeks an everyone i have trained or trained with has liked it very much. Good news is that Regeneration is in the process of making some new rows right now. It would also be nice if Ken considered to make some of the proto types as well. I will be sure to speak with him about this .
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 01-26-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    FSU strength coach Mike Bradely he is a great guy and absolutely loves the avenger line. If the school did not have a contract with hammer strength u am sure he would have every piece avenger ever made. I know for sure he has the avenger
    Leg press
    Leg ext
    Leg curl
    Row
    Pullover
    And 10 degree pec

I tried the medx prone leg curl last week and i thought it was excellent. Both myself and my wife are big fans of the avenger leg curl .. the more I use it the more I like it. It's deffinelty a piece you need to give a chance.
    TLynch,

I don't think their contract is with Hammer Strength. A few years back, the FSU Football team updated their weight room with mostly Power-Lift equipment (typical array of Power Racks, GHDs and Pit Sharks). Vic Viloria is the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach - Football. As you know Mike Bradley is the S&C coach of the basketball team.

Here is a link to a tour of the FSU weight room.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgCm7ORZ1Q

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    TLynch,

I don't think their contract is with Hammer Strength. A few years back, the FSU Football team updated their weight room with mostly Power-Lift equipment (typical array of Power Racks, GHDs and Pit Sharks). Vic Viloria is the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach - Football. As you know Mike Bradley is the S&C coach of the basketball team.

Here is a link to a tour of the FSU weight room.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgCm7ORZ1Q
    That is one nice set up.....
    Back when the avenger line came out I belive Mike was only allowed to order avengers that were not like the hammer

-Serge Nubret

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nebula Pulldown

TLynch, do you have any experience of the Nebula IDA lat pulldown? I implied in an earlier post, that I don't think anybody took note of, that it even might be better than regular chin ups due to its free-motion arms which seem to offer a fraction of the instabillity that dumbells do. So what do you, and other forum-members for that matter, have to say about this unit?

Tlynch, I notice in your picture what looks like a nebula chest supported t-bar row. Is that the case? What can you tell us about it?

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Renzinho View Post
    TLynch, do you have any experience of the Nebula IDA lat pulldown? I implied in an earlier post, that I don't think anybody took note of, that it even might be better than regular chin ups due to its free-motion arms which seem to offer a fraction of the instabillity that dumbells do. So what do you, and other forum-members for that matter, have to say about this unit?
    Back in July, I saw a pulldown at Rae Crowther. I think that it was the IDA but I am not positive it was as I deleted those pictures. Anyway, the one I saw was like a well built Hammer Strength pulldown. If it was the IDA, that was not a feature that stood out to me on the pulldown. I remember that they had the IDA shoulder and I couldnt get used to that in the short time that I was there, but that was pushing straight up and away (harder to control) instead of pulling down of course......I strongly recommend that someone from this thread try to pick up the last rare ISO/fused Avenger pulldown that Dave Karsten is brokering. It has an even heavier build than the Nebula. I know that sounds weird as I am sure that the Nebula is 7 gauge but all of the Avenger arms "feel" as though they are solid pieces of steel even though they may be only 11 gauge in places. Maybe Ricky could get back on here and tell of exact Avenger construction. Sorry, my Samsung phone camera isn't the quality of my old I-Phone.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-27-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    i posted this earlier in this thread. why can't it be added to the list of cardio stuff
    Yes that is cool, I'll add it...

I've played phone tag on the avenger pulldown. Would you have an email you could pm me?

The nebula Ida pulldown looks good but that , the ida jammer and rower are three of the few Nebula pieces that I have not got to use. Most of the upper body plate loaded Was made for the military. I liked the feel of the ida presses especially the bench press amazing!!! I did not like the feel of the low row but many people do. It was one piece that I would have to try out again but it did have great Handels . Iorngym the same seller that you got your row from is where I bought my Ida incline. They have a bunch of selectorized nebula there too My friend Gary bought his Ida sholder press and most recently the last iso avenger pulldown an leg press they are both on Dave Goalders truck now. There is still and ISo avenger proto type row , seated bench , shoulder, fused pulldown , leg curl, and leg ext.

The nebula lever row is an excellent piece.

It has an adjustable foot plate and the Handels adjust both to target more Lats set higher and closer or more upper back set lower and wider. Most chest supported rows you see people add a bunch of 45s not this one. Even 10 lbs on each side feels heavy. Another piece that there was not many made. Most people purchased Nebulas lower body machines and racks and stayed away from there upper body machines. The one I have was made with these great Handels . I belive that nebula was buying these and using them on a few of their machines and racks for a short time before this company also went out of buesness. I want to find more of these Handels. This same company also made dumbells and cable attachments. I will see if I can get the name
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 01-27-2013 at 04:20 AM.

-Serge Nubret

[QUOTE=TLYNCH777;1016500863]

The nebula lever row is an excellent piece.[/IMG]

Wow, that is such a unique piece! Would love to try that. Man it really sucks not having a guy like Tom E around.

So I missed out on the avenger iso pulldown.... Damn. But your saying he has a bunch of nebula for sale too?

I think the nam of the manufacturer of those handles was the tri-grip barbell company. I remember seeing their dumbbells.

So I missed out on the avenger iso pulldown.... Damn. But your saying he has a bunch of nebula for sale too?
    Dave does not have any Nebula. He is talking about somone else. The only used equipment Dave has is on his website. I messaged you the link.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-27-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I do think the Atlantis pec delt is a solid unit. Very well built and fits my needs. It is very smooth and an excellent piece. If I were to have a gripe, it would be that I don't understand why Atlantis only drilled 4 holes for different arm positions. Basically 3 for different chest starting points and one for the rear delt. The 3rd position is the perfect amount of prestretch for me, but it really wouldn't have added much more to the cost for have two extra holes as adjustments.

Make sense? I'm not home now, but can add a picture later for reference.
    Hopefully they nailed the positions for those. For me, I think 3 positions for the pec fly are good as long as the MAX pre-stretch position is adequate. When going for max weight (1-3 reps), sometimes it is hard to use the MAX pre-stretch, so the next lower position might be helpful. The third position might be for somebody with a shoulder injury and decreased range of motion. The biggest fear would be if they didn't give me enough pre-stretch on the MAX range of motion postion. However, I don't recall that being the case. With those types of machines, personally I always use the max pre-stretch position. I think I demoed that piece adequately, but I guess I will find out soon. The biggest potential concern for me would be the one position for rear delt, however, hopefully they nailed it.

I was told my stuff would ship out at the end of the week, but no later than Feb 1st which probably means arrival sometime between Feb 6-8th. I have room for them, so just hoping they get here before Dave Goalder. Either way, looks like the (2) power-Lift pieces will not get here in time unless I get them shipped freight. They have a powr-lift truck that makes its rounds which is due to come in this area Feb 15th, but well after Dave Goalder will be here.

Friday, January 25-Monday, January 28-FL
    Tuesday, January 29-LA (Louisiana)

http://goaldertransportation.blogspot.com/

Waiting for the update... Feb 9th or 10th would be perfect. Otherwise I will have to take a day off work.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Dave does not have any Nebula. He is talking about somone else. The only used equipment Dave has is on his website.

Oh, OK. I have been trying to get in contact with Dave, but keep missing him. I'll find his website. Thanks!

Atlantis Poliquin Rack Driven Fitness Small.jpg

I was in Edmonton this weekend, and Friday I got to check out an equipment shop that I haven't really had a good chance to look at. They had a very very nice looking Swiss/football bar that they said was custom made by Sorinex. My picture didn't turn out for that, but needless to say it's now on my equipment list...LOL.

The other item that really impressed the heck out of me was this nice black Atlantis Poliquin rack. I'm looking to upgrade my current rack, and I think that this is what I will end up going with one day in the distant future. It has great pull-up handles (regular and Poliquin fat grip), awesome satin black finish, plastic protection on the uprights, both quick and pin safeties, and too much plate storage (but you don't have to use it all). Another nice feature is the addition of a grip trainer that has a handle for doing forced reps. They have plenty of other options for those who are into crazy cost no object accessories. I'm not one of those people though. I'm only looking for certain things in my rack.

The biggest selling feature to me was that it feels incredibly solid and has 2" hole spacing. I used to have a Hammer Strength rack, a monster of a rack for sure, with that same solid feeling (Hammer with 4" uprights weighs 725lbs, Atlantis with 3" uprights weighs 694lbs). But the slotted 4" spacing was a let down. The Atlantis solves that, still feels just as solid (soliderer?, LOL), looks absolutely killer in satin black (the Atlantis website pictures do not do this rack justice, this is a dark alley at night monster). Another consideration for those living in Canada, is that this rack (like all Atlantis equipment) is made in Canada, so you don't have to worry about customs brokerage, duty, and other shipping issues (and your supporting the Canadian economy). Bottom line, the best simple rack I have seen, that can be upgraded to compete with the best of them. It's now made my personal list of pieces that I will get, and one I am willing to purchase new. It's also making me take another look at Atlantis, and I like the looks of their plate load bicep and tricep machines and adjustable benches, have to find somewhere to demo them....LOL. This truly is a sickness.

Oh, and I FINALLY have landed a deal on some used Iron Grip dumbbells, 5lb to 100lb and duplicates in 10lb to 70lb. It's been 8 years of searching for the right deal, many missed opportunities and deals that have fallen through, but patience truly is a virtue! All I have to do is find a smoking deal so that I can upgrade my 105-150s, and I'm done with dumbbells!

Were the white plates those indestructable Sorinex 10lb. technique plates?
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-27-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Were the white plates those indestructable Sorinex 10lb. technique plates?
    Shoot, I never took a good look at them. Wouldn't surprize me, they had quite a few sorinex accessories in stock.

Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    The production model row seems to be just the opposite starting off harder and as you get into the end of the rep gets a little easier. Normally I would not like this but after several sets I really appreciated it because I was able to really focuse on getting a deep contraction . I can see why many people like it so much.
    Exactly, thats why certain machines are cammed to get the user through their weakest points during an exercise, often that is towards the peak contraction. The Medx leg extension and leg curl "fall-off" in this manner, but Medx can further be tweaked by having 3 different settings to customize fall-off to let the user complete the last 10% of a rep instead of stopping. My bro-science is very weak on the Medx, but I am interested in learning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nautilus-Com...m232767d765For some of the "vintage" Nautilus nuts out there wanting some very rare pieces in good condition. You will have to have some deep pockets to aquire this treasure.

Gregg I been eye balling that compound bicept all week ... Looks encrdiable .

That medx leg ext and leg curl are great. I got to use those as well as the lateral raise and tricep last week all A+ selectorized pieces.

-Serge Nubret

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I almost bought a Pendulum gripper from that guy about a year and a half ago. He was very difficult to deal with and when the deal fell apart he wrote me a nasty e-mail. Nobody I know has anything nice to say about that guy. He's pretty well known by people "in the know" to be a real jackass.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nautilus-Com...m232767d765For some of the "vintage" Nautilus nuts out there wanting some very rare pieces in good condition. You will have to have some deep pockets to aquire this treasure.

Closed Thread
Page 133 of 268 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast