Closed Thread
Page 131 of 268 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dumbbell Spotter Stands getting ready for shipment with the Donkey calf:

I do like the new updated version.

I think these will be great with that curved incline Parrillo Bench. I also plan on having the Williams Strenght Military dumbell bench right next to it as well for shoulders. Just wheel the 2 benches in and out. No need for dumbell incline spotter bench or Shoulder spotter bench... these stands will perform both and also allow you to use whatever shoulder or incline bench you like. and of course standing also.

The only thing left that would be great is a decline-flat dummbbell spotter bench.

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-22-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    Pictures? Sounds pretty nice. Also sounds like you've been cherry picking some good equipment that you like which is a big emphasis of this thread. I hate when gyms/studios just buy an entire line from one manufacturer and call it a day.
    Here's a few pics of the areas where our Legend Fitness Pro Series Half Racks with o-lift platforms and Elite FTS Collegiate Power Racks are located. Will post several more pics of other areas later after work tonight.
    Attached Images

coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50) coach_ras will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Renzinho View Post
    Coach ras, awesome set-up. I wonder, you mentioned that you have a powernetics bear squat, do you have any experiance of similar units, such as the samson version, legend, and dynabody version? If so, what made you choose the powernetics version? What is your over-all opinion about that type of machine, how well does it work for jump squats, and what does it offer that other machines don't.

>> thanks! This training facility has certainly been a dream project to undertake and couldn't ask for a more fun & fulfilling job. As for the Bear Squat machine - I had personal experience with it from my college days at Boise State so did not explore any other options. I have found it to be great for Angled Squats with younger athletes/ personal training clients and both Regular and Angled Squat Jumps for older kids. Only mod I would enjoy is a larger platform to accommodate wider squat stances.

Also, as regards to the belt-squat, what exactly is the different between the power-lift and the sorinex, how's the feel of them, and which one do you prefer the most, and why?

>>I just picked up the Power Lift belt squat online from the Michigan State University surplus store and am awaiting its delivery later this week. As for Sorinex Belt Squat I have had it for over 2 years and we use it for both belt squats and cable Pullthroughs. It is very smooth in operation - I am planning to try out the Westside and Elite FTS when I can and may end up switching this item at a later date. & for sure plan to purchase the Pit Shark in addition to other options. I will post more information on my opinions re. Belt squat machines when more info is obtained.

Also which one of your two High rows do you prefer the most, the legend or the hammer?

>> I prefer the Legend Fitness Pro Series Lat Pulldown / Floor Row due to the various cable attachments we have from Elite FTS and others. However our clients love both the Hammer Strength High Row and Nautilus Nitro Plus Lat Pulldown selectorized pieces as well. Will be interesting to see how the MedX Avenger Pulldown and Pendulum Combo Pulldown machines are received - as we may flip a few pieces of equipment after we determine the keepers.

As you planned to buy a powerrack, I think the rae-crowther pro-rack that Hans worked out whith Healthnut would be a nice option. However, I think that you should ask him to modify the hooks with some locking-mechanism so that they wont be able to pop out from underneath. Different thicknesess of the safety spotters, to allow even more minute increments than the already 1,5 hole-spacing, as well as the double-sided j-hooks that elitefts has on their new rack with different heights would also be, extreme one may say, but nice additions IMO.*

Also, I pushed Hans to make his own, version of the crepinsek or edge fts power-hooks, that would ideally be adjustable. That I think you should ask him for also, given their close nature with a regular mono-lift.

Lastly, you could ask for adjustable band-pegs, other than with bolts, so that all users can change them around.*

Also, chain suspended good-mornings are done in a power-rack, so maybe some extra hook somwhere for the chains should be nice.*

After all this, you own the sickest power-rack IMO, and the good thing is that Hans at rae crowther is all for customization.
    >> thanks for the advice. We are really happy with our Legend and Elite power racks right now and look forward the picking up the rack system from Elite FTS as soon as possible as it will afford us three more power racks within its frame. Which will be awesome for training entire teams of athletes/ larger session groups simultaneously.

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post

Those dumbbell spotters look like they have made some major changes since the ones I have were made. Did you order from Sorinex or Reflex? I also found myself a few new items. I have been slacking on posting, but I will try updating my gym thread in a few days.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    Those dumbbell spotters look like they have made some major changes since the ones I have were made. Did you order from Sorinex or Reflex? I also found myself a few new items. I have been slacking on posting, but I will try updating my gym thread in a few days.
    Same ones, latest version though.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you tried these out? I'm just curious because I have some Sorinex gift cards and saw these the other day and I was thinking I might try them out when my house is done. I basically want them for db shoulder pressing, since I've been without a partner I have a seriously hard time ever getting above 85-90lbs db's just because I seem to use half my energy just getting them into place. I tried those power hook things and hated them. So for the last few years I've resorted to either not doing db shoulder presses or to do them as a 3rd or 4th exercise in any shoulder routine so the weight I can handle at that point will be a little less.

So long story short if you've used these do they seem trustworthy for larger db's?
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some craigslist finds:

http://albanyga.craigslist.org/spo/3483414601.html. This one seems to have what looks like a hammer strength prototype chest press, or at the leas a very good faximile. Looks interesting...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/fuo/3560238115.html. Older nebula adjustable olympic decline.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Some craigslist finds:

http://albanyga.craigslist.org/spo/3483414601.html. This one seems to have what looks .
    There is an early model nebula leg extension in that batch. This one was my favorite leg extension at one time. It was built extreamly well and Even the weight stack on this version was made by nebula . Atbine time they were making there own and they are the smoothest weight stacks I have ever used. Put some new pads in that from Nancy who made all Nebulas pads and you will have one bad ass leg extension . That center mount absolutely destroyes your quads. If you have no knee issues and do not need a range of motion limiter I would see if you can buy that .
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very interesting I just noticed this extension due massive construction, it have somme magic, but I have not try it...

SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just to give some insight on the flooring topic, Infinity Max is cool but super pricey!

Infinity Max is an offshoot of the Everlast Ultra Tile. The only difference is the IM is 1.25' tile and has a tongue and groove application vs a towel type for tile connection. Outside of that, all of the companies selling these 2x2 1' thick tiles have virtually the same specs.

The IM tile is literally twice as expensive as most other tile brands. Is it better, sure, slightly, but not to warrant nearly a 100% markup!

Lastly, although IM is billed as a stand alone company, they are strangely tied to PowerLift...I know when you call for quotes, they're mainly given by PL salesman.

However, I think that you should ask him to modify the hooks with some locking-mechanism so that they wont be able to pop out from underneath.
    It is not an issue... those hooks aren't going anywhere. You'd have to demo it to appreciate that.

Originally Posted by SMCStrength View Post
    Just to give some insight on the flooring topic, Infinity Max is cool but super pricey!

Infinity Max is an offshoot of the Everlast Ultra Tile. The only difference is the IM is 1.25' tile and has a tongue and groove application vs a towel type for tile connection. Outside of that, all of the companies selling these 2x2 1' thick tiles have virtually the same specs.

The IM tile is literally twice as expensive as most other tile brands. Is it better, sure, slightly, but not to warrant nearly a 100% markup!

Lastly, although IM is billed as a stand alone company, they are strangely tied to PowerLift...I know when you call for quotes, they're mainly given by PL salesman.

The part I liked about it is the undersurface... It has rubber standoffs so that it provides the ability to act like an oly platform. The only way I can think to justify its value is the fact you would not have to buy an OLY platform, and that you would have an 'infinite' oly platform. Not sure what competitors offer that has that same ability. Can anybody else make that claim?

Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    There is an early model nebula leg extension in that batch. This one was my favorite leg extension at one time. It was built extreamly well and Even the weight stack on this version was made by nebula . Atbine time they were making there own and they are the smoothest weight stacks I have ever used. Put some new pads in that from Nancy who made all Nebulas pads and you will have one bad ass leg extension . That center mount absolutely destroyes your quads. If you have no knee issues and do not need a range of motion limiter I would see if you can buy that .
    I wonder how it compares to a medX selectorized leg ext. Also hard to tell whether the weight stacks are adequate.

Attached Images

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Have you tried these out? I'm just curious because I have some Sorinex gift cards and saw these the other day and I was thinking I might try them out when my house is done. I basically want them for db shoulder pressing, since I've been without a partner I have a seriously hard time ever getting above 85-90lbs db's just because I seem to use half my energy just getting them into place. I tried those power hook things and hated them. So for the last few years I've resorted to either not doing db shoulder presses or to do them as a 3rd or 4th exercise in any shoulder routine so the weight I can handle at that point will be a little less.

So long story short if you've used these do they seem trustworthy for larger db's?
    You should be able to use up to 150 lb dumbbells. I just texted him, I'll edit this post when I get a response. ***Just got a text back... No limit per se, 150 lb dumbbells should work fine.***

Anything Reflex Fitness (Sorinex) is built like a tank. You can see the Sorinex guys beating the crap out of theirs in the video. As was mentioned previously, the current versions are probably a bit more rugged since they have been updated.

I hope the lowest height setting is not too high for seated dumbbells.

I plan on using this for Incline dumbell press as well.

That leaves me the desire for a flat and decline dumbbell spotter bench, which I am trying to have Reflex design.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.

I would like for Reflex to make a combined decline-flat adjustable dumbbell spotter based on these three machines:

Essentially just make an adjustable flat-decline dumbbell spotter bench like above
    Attached Images

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The part I liked about it is the undersurface... It has rubber standoffs so that it provides the ability to act like an oly platform. The only way I can think to justify its value is the fact you would not have to buy an OLY platform, and that you would have an 'infinite' oly platform. Not sure what competitors offer that has that same ability. Can anybody else make that claim?
    Healthnut,

Plae Performance Sports Flooring is another highly reputable company that is a competitor to Infinity. There top product is the Achieve flooring. Here is their website:

http://www.plaeusa.com/dnn/Home.aspx

SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This rubber tile floor apparently was created for "tech" type business that were running lot's of wires for computer purposes. It was channeled that way to separate the different wires from each other. All of these rubber tiles have this channeling, it isn't unique to IM.

The channeled floor does act similar to a wood platform. It does have a slight flex to it, and it has a similar friction coefficient as wood as well.

I'd say this flooring type has made platforms obsolete and if you've noticed, not many of the equipment companies really push them anymore. Most platforms now are inset anyway to make better space utilization with floor space, so most of these equipment companies mainly offer the wood insert only now.

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Healthnut,

Plae Performance Sports Flooring is another highly reputable company that is a competitor to Infinity. There top product is the Achieve flooring. Here is their website:

http://www.plaeusa.com/dnn/Home.aspx

Thank-you. Looks like a good, similar product. Would be curious to know the cost on both of these for sure. As far as I can tell, these products seem ideal. They look durable. For home use, they should last forever. If no adhesive, you should be able to remove and put in the next place and salvage 95% of it.

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Healthnut,

Plae Performance Sports Flooring is another highly reputable company that is a competitor to Infinity. There top product is the Achieve flooring.
    Yes, Achieve is another good one and on the pricier side as well. Sorinex seems to work with them mainly. I believe they also make a "turf" tile as well which very cool.

The channeled floor does act similar to a wood platform. It does have a slight flex to it, and it has a similar friction coefficient as wood as well.

I'd say this flooring type has made platforms obsolete and if you've noticed, not many of the equipment companies really push them anymore. Most platforms now are inset anyway to make better space utilization with floor space, so most of these equipment companies mainly offer the wood insert only now.
    What would be your ultimate cost no object flooring?

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=SMCStrength;1014010783]Just to give some insight on the flooring topic, Infinity Max is cool but super pricey!
    Infinity Max is an offshoot of the Everlast Ultra Tile. The only difference is the IM is 1.25' tile and has a tongue and groove application vs a towel type for tile connection. The IM tile is literally twice as expensive as most other tile brands. Is it better, sure, slightly, but not to warrant nearly a 100% markup!/QUOTE]
    Attached Images
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-22-2013 at 12:19 PM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Remember, any rubber flooring that is mopped with excessive water will mildew underneath. The advantage of the tiles would be that you could take them up and clean them underneath and then re-install.........I think InfinityMax is the only brand guaranteed to not leave "indentation" marks from equipment/machines that have been sitting on it for periods of time. I forget where I read that.

Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks... also we put glicerine in water when clening rubber, but it take time to apsorb, rubber tha is black and like new...

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, Achieve is another good one and on the pricier side as well. Sorinex seems to work with them mainly. I believe they also make a "turf" tile as well which very cool.
    They do offer a variety of turf products depending on the sport. To follow up on your original comment about flooring replacing platforms, that seems to be the direction. I talked to a local regional rep a few weeks back and he stated if you were going top line, there was no need to get platforms.

What would be your ultimate cost no object flooring?
    I think all things factored in, cost, ability to pick coloring, and design, the Ultra Tile makes the most sense.

The Ultra Tile and Achieve are nearly identical except for price with the UT being less. The only desirable thing about Achieve over the UT is the ability to add the turf flooring and connecting it to the rubber flooring, but that would be only for a specific application.

The only difference between the UT and IM is .25' thickness and a tongue and groove fitting. Some would say the tongue and groove is worse because there's a bit more gapping tile to tile (but you're really splitting hairs here).

RB Rubber makes a nice affordable tile which is nearly the same as the others except their tile aren't bullnosed on the edges...this makes for an even tighter fit tile to tile, but the downside is you can't create custom colors.

I guess if you're ok with fixed colors and don't have the need to add a turf insert, the RB is the best application with cost in mind. Really, the difference here is the ability to create custom colors, whether you want turf inserts, or how much you want to say you've spent. As far as tile specs, if we flipped them all over, you couldn't tell one from the other. To me, if I wanted to have a turf portion, I'd go Achieve. If I needed custom matched coloring, I'd go Ultra Tile. If I wanted best bang for my buck, I'd go RB. If I just wanted to brag about how much I spent on my floor tile, I'd go Infinity Max.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should be able to use up to 150 lb dumbbells. I just texted him, I'll edit this post when I get a response. ***Just got a text back... No limit per se, 150 lb dumbbells should work fine.***

Anything Reflex Fitness (Sorinex) is built like a tank. You can see the Sorinex guys beating the crap out of theirs in the video. As was mentioned previously, the current versions are probably a bit more rugged since they have been updated.

I hope the lowest height setting is not too high for seated dumbbells.

I plan on using this for Incline dumbell press as well.

That leaves me the desire for a flat and decline dumbbell spotter bench, which I am trying to have Reflex design.
    Yeah I saw that vid on their website, it seems like height wouldn't be an issue. What are those pins on the base of the pic you posted? Is the width adjustable or something? That would be pretty damn cool if it was.

I've never had any trouble with any weight of db's for flat and incline pressing, but for decline db pressing that would be cool to have a bench for it. I could personally never justify that much space dedicated to db pressing but outside of having 1 fast and strong lifting partner or 2 lifting partners I have completely given up on db decline pressing. It seems literally impossible to grab heavy db's and get your feet into the leg locks, and then sitting back that far with super heavy db's is just major shoulder/chest injuries waiting to happen lol. The only way I've seen people do it on their own is with puny db's that they can reach back and lift into position off the floor once they're on the bench, lol not gonna work for heavy lifting.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Yeah I saw that vid on their website, it seems like height wouldn't be an issue. What are those pins on the base of the pic you posted? Is the width adjustable or something? That would be pretty damn cool if it was.
    Yes, that is my understanding. That is also how I can easily store them when I realise I don't have enough room at the current location. I'll just disassemble it.

I've never had any trouble with any weight of db's for flat and incline pressing, but for decline db pressing that would be cool to have a bench for it. I could personally never justify that much space dedicated to db pressing but outside of having 1 fast and strong lifting partner or 2 lifting partners I have completely given up on db decline pressing. It seems literally impossible to grab heavy db's and get your feet into the leg locks, and then sitting back that far with super heavy db's is just major shoulder/chest injuries waiting to happen lol. The only way I've seen people do it on their own is with puny db's that they can reach back and lift into position off the floor once they're on the bench, lol not gonna work for heavy lifting.

Which is why I want a flat-decline adjustable:

This would be better than a flat or decline dumbbell spotter seperately:

1) 1 machine instead of 2 for reduce floor space requirements

2) Adjstable angles from flat to decline; that is a feature better
    than either bench with one fixed position yet serves the purpose of
    both of those benches (and yet offers angle choices neither of the
    others could provide).

We are going to work on that decline/flat adjustable autospot dumbbell bench in the near future. He needs to catch up on some orders, so it may be another 1-3 months before he can start working on this project (combine the ideas as shown above into a working model). If anyone else is interested, let me know because if we can get a few people interested, that will provide motivation to get this done (especially sooner rather than later).

Somebody broke into my house, kicked the front door in, deadbolt an all... 2 PS3, XBOX, video cam, some tactical knifes... tallying up the list now. Police took finger prints...

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Somebody broke into my house, kicked the front door in, deadbolt an all... 2 PS3, XBOX, video cam, some tactical knifes... tallying up the list now. Police took finger prints...
    Yuck. Hope they catch them and they go away for a while. I hate that kind of thing. I know, I know, I've gone way out on a limb, but I'm saying it - I'm not fond of criminals and crime.

Closed Thread
Page 131 of 268 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast