Closed Thread
Page 129 of 268 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 8031
    Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have Nautilus 1st gen Multi-Bicep and Multi-Tricep machines. Absolutely love them.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Due to my limited space, I might consider parting with the Pendulum Shoulder/Chest/Incline only because I have found at least 3 vertical chest cost no object pieces, 3+ incline chest cost no object pieces, and 3+ cost no object shoulder pieces. Given all of the recent finds, Its one of the last pieces I might consider selling. Although I might be making a mistake. I'd thought I'd at least throw it out there, but no way would I discount it more than 30-35% off what I paid, it is brand new. TJ seems to have a lot of experience with this unit. My thought is that I will have so many chest, incline chest, and shoulder machines, I'm thinking I might be able to part with this machine. I never thought I would, and I'm not sure if it would be a mistake, but I would entertain good offers--offers that make sense-- i.e, 30-35% of what I paid. This machine is too good to let go at 50% off brand new... I'm not 100% sure I want to do that, but I'm going to put it out there. It is an awesome machine, and I do like the massive 3 dimensional adjustability, but I've just got so many other cost no object machines coming that fill the same role. TJ, what exercise did you mention you like using that machine with? It is a badass machine, very unique... Its just that I'm starting to split cost no object hairs now... I still need to make room for a couple more pieces it seems.

In any case, this is the only machine that is capable of performing cost no object chest, incline chest, and shoulder all in one machine, and also allowing for you to adjust every possible aspect. It is iso-lateral, and essentially infinitely adjustable. So you can pick the exact angle of incline chest you want for example.
    This is one of the best machines made today by far the adjustability if awesome . I really like the incline angle on here it is the closest feel to the nebula Ida incline when non converging. I have to sell the fitness incentives Bodymasters donkey calf , nebula arm blaster , and incline hammer all black wrinkle color to make the room and the gym will order this great piece. Chris I would seriously reconsider selling this if you put the time into tylers pendulum pieces you will love them more with each workout.
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 01-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post

1st Gen Nautilus Compound is incredibleC (cost no object in my book) and Hammer MTS bicep is great. I have the Nautilus bi/tri and Hammer MTS for sale too, just not enough space for everything...
    I really like those older nautilus spider cams I am looking to find an older Natilus pullover with a spider cam (not the aluminum cam). That pullover seems to fit my structure just right. Please be on the lookout. If anyone knows a spider cam pullover currently available for sale please pm me thanks
    Last edited by TLYNCH777; 01-10-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    This is one of the best machines made today by far the adjustability if awesome . I really like the incline angle on here it is the closest feel to the nebula Ida incline when non converging. I have to sell the fitness incentives Bodymasters donkey calf , nebula arm blaster , and incline hammer all black wrinkle color to make the room and the gym will order this great piece. Chris I would seriously reconsider selling this if you put the time into tylers pendulum pieces you will love them more with each workout.
    I agree. My cost was $3400 + $320 Tax + $500 ship = $4200 Not an inexpensive piece.

I very much like the machine, Its definitely a cost no object piece, and a VERY unique piece: very creative and well thought out. I think I am just a little freaked about trying to finish this project until I move next (9 months to 2 years??) I hav eto hire people, take the back doors off (a major pain), etc. I'm worried I won't have enough space for all this new stuff.

In any case, 2 people on the forum contacted me, and one already has something coming from me via Dave goalder, so I think I'm going to part with it for now... Although I can honestly see purchasing it again in the future, which is why I didn't want to lose too much on it.

Anyway, its sold. I'll just buy it again if I can get into a space that allows it... I've just got so many chest, shoulder, and inclines. Agree with you that the Pendulum is unique, but oh well... At least I can buy it again.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd like to find out if an additional 100 lb (or more??) can be added by MedX.

So far it sounds like I would be interested in the MedX Selectorized tricep extension (to go along side my Cybex VR3Heavystack) and a MedX selectorized Leg extension to go along side the Strive.

I'm assuming the MedX arm extention is adequate? Or would I have to get more on the stack for that? (First need to find out what can be added, and if that is possible).

There are limits on how much you can add because the top the stack will end up hitting the top of the frame at max movement.
    TJ will be demoing the Medx line soon so we can see how close his opinions are to mine. Maybe Harris can chime in on the tricep but I think the stack will be good for you on that piece.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have several bicep machines, including the Hammer MTS Bicep, Nautilus 1st gen Multi-bicep, Nautilus 1st Gen spider cam plate load bi/tri, Nautilus 1st gen spider cam compound bicep, and Apex selectorized bicep. Ranking them, I would have the Nautilus 1st gen Compound as the absolute best, followed by the multi bicep (it hurts my elbows though, but I'm the only one that complains of that). The Hammer bicep is good, but I would rank it 3rd behind the 2 Nautilus. The Compound Nautilus loses out a bit on being tight for bigger guys to get into, but the action is just so much better than anything else I've tried it more than makes up for it. The old bi/tri plate loader, while many love the bicep end, I never have, but I really like the tricep movement, when modified by holding a short cambered cable attachement. I don't like arm machines where there is nothing to grip, and I plan to modify a Hammer Strength plate load tricep to have a cambered handle.

In closing, 1st Gen Nautilus Compound is incredible (cost no object in my book) and Hammer MTS bicep is great.
    Yes, all of you guys that that either own or used these pieces should speak up and give your opinions to help find the best pieces out there. I have seen different handle styles on the cabled Nautilus plateloaded bi/tri combo machine which obviously would would affect the opinions on that machine but for the most part, that is considered a very good piece. I am not a fan of the multi bicep and tricep machines. IMO they are good, but not best of the best caliber especially if they were still configured with the chain drive.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-10-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Yes, all of you guys that that either own or used these pieces should speak up and give your opinions to help find the best pieces out there.
    Four things I like about Nautilus Tricep and Bicep machines:

1. The elevated position of elbows. I feel my triceps and biceps better.
    2. Ability to do both alternating and synchronous moves
    3. Ability to do akinetic exercises. As far as I know only Nautilus machines allow them.
    4. Chains. Yes, I like them.

As a footnote, I have no real experience with other tricep/bicep machines. In my younger years, I used to exercise in a gym that had, I think, a Cybex machine. But I don't remember what it felt like.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I have had a couple weeks now to try out my new Atlantis Pec/Delt machine. I do have to agree that Atlantis makes some quality machines. This one is no exception. The motions are very smooth and natural. The seat is hydraulic, and I do like the 5 lb incremental weight setup, it's a little different, but looks very sharp in person (has thick rubber stoppers at weight stack to prevent damage to plates). The back pad is very thin and perfect for both the chest and delt movements. My only gripe.... might be that for me (6'0") I have to set the seat at the highest position when doing the rear delts, as so far, it seems that with the seat in a lower position your hands tend to drift higher up in the air (eye level... instead of shoulder level). But I am still getting accustomed to the machine, so I may just need to get used to it a little bit more. Absolutely love the chest movement. The seat pad sits back away from the main post, so you don't feel like your face is right in the machine when doing the delt movement. The rubber stoppers on the handles prevent you from mashing your knuckles at the pinnacle of your fly too.

The unit comes with a 300lb stack plus 10 extra incrementals. Right now it is adequate for me, but I will say, I've done 10 reps at 230 so far, with a weak (but getting close to full strength) shoulder.... so I'm not entirely sure if it's heavy enough to MONSTER MEN like TJ or HNmd, but I think it will definitely fill my needs. I love doing drop sets and rest pause sets on this machine, it absolutely finishes my chest and delt workouts leaving me crying for recovery.

The unit came shipped without the weight stack installed.... so I was able to move the unit to my basement with just a little help from my 14 year old. The base footprint is only 30" or 31" wide and easily fit through my doorways. I did have to turn it sideways to stand it upright in my low ceiling basement, but again it was no problem. Overall height is something like 77".

I haven't used a pec/delt machine in several years, so I'm not sure I have much to compare as to best vs others, but this is definitely a well designed and built machine worthy of anyone's gym.

Attached Images
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, at 310 lbs, I thought it should be adequately heavy since that is one of the heaviest stacks on the market at 310 total. But those pulley physics always get involved.

I look forward to get mine. Expecting deliver last week of January, but my gut feeling is that Dave Goalder will be here before the Atlantis stuff, I hope I am wrong. I hope Dave Golader comes the first week in Feb at the earliest, or I hope the Atlantis order arrives before he gets here. I don't want to do 2 major moves of equipment.

That hydraulic seat is awesome, one of the best things about Atlantis machines. That nice chest/back pad is the perfect size, and not too big like some other brands. Nice small footprint as well. Congrats! I know I'm excited for the end of this month/first week of Feb!!

I am looking to sell my Pendulum 5-way neck and would like for a forum member to get it. It is virtually in brand new condition. Pictures are on this thread a few pages back. PM me if anyone is interested. I can try to work with you to set up some kind of shipping.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.

I am looking to sell my Pendulum 5-way neck and would like for a forum member to get it. It is virtually in brand new condition. Pictures are on this thread a few pages back. PM me if anyone is interested. I can try to work with you to set up some kind of shipping.
    A great piece of equipment . I have been using mine often and wish I got into direct neck work years ago. It's been about 2 months that I have had my 5 way neck and I highly recommend it . I don't have much experiance on other neck machines but I can't see any other pieces being as good as this. Tyler got this just right and the independent arms for trap work sets this machine apart from the others.

-Serge Nubret

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/sgd/3514944580.html Good price on a best of the best quality Nebula 45 degree leg press.

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/sgd/3514944580.html Good price on a best of the best quality Nebula 45 degree leg press.
    Already sold.

Dave's tentative schedule give's me hope he won't arrive to me until 1st or 2nd week of Feb, which is what I am hoping for. I know he has to be in Washington State at some point soon, but I'm guessing by looking at the schedule I doubt he gets out there until at least Jan 31st... By the time he gets to me hopefully won't be until Feb 2nd/3rd. I'm acutally hoping he doesn't arrive until Feb 9th or 10th because I'm hoping that Atlantis order arrives before he comes.

Tuesday, January 15-NY
    Wednesday, January 16-RI
    Thursday, January 17-VT
    Friday, January 18-NY
    Saturday, January 19-DE, MD
    Sunday, January 20-NJ
    Monday,January 21-OFF
    Tuesday, January 22-VA
    Wednesday, January 23-NC

Power Lift so far seems like a company that will not do ANY modifications, not even simple ones. I'm having an issue right now where I am requesting a very simple thing: I'm asking that the bottom two weight storage horns are boltable (instead of welded). So far they are telling me they won't offer that for me. Its so easy it is a joke... Now I might be in a position where my only choice is to leave them off. That Pro Plate load shoulder is 80" wide with the plate storage horns (thats almost 2 feet wider than the Hammer version).

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My "new" Nebula IDA Low Row arrived today. I had it delivered to my home, dissasembled it, threw it in the back of my truck, ran it to the gym, packed it into the basement myself, then reassembled it and gave it a good wipe down.

1st impressions (from moving and assembly/dissasembly)... It's built like a tank, but was easy enough to move 20 feet with one helper. It's much shorter than I expected, but a bit wider. It's tentatively replacing my Hammer Iso Low Row, so it's a little tight for space right now in the spot that the Hammer had resided in. The padding needs to be replaced (besides being yellow it's also rough around the edges), and it could use a bearing in the one handle (easy fix, looks like it's just in a spot that got lots of cleaner so it wiped the bearing dry). The bearing is a common ag style flange bearing, so it won't be a problem finding a cheap one locally.

I tossed a couple of plates on, just to see how it feels. First thing I noticed, it's much wider, so I don't feel like I'm being squeezed into the machine. The seat has plenty of adjustabment both verticaly and horizontaly, so I was able to find a comfortable spot. The swivel and moving arms felt very different, almost like doing this exercise with dumbbells or cables, and being able to position your hands anywhere was a nice treat. 1 plate on the horn feels more like 2 on the Hammer. The range of motion is far greater than the Hammer Strength, and because it's wider, for me it was much more comfortable. I can see this machine being very popular because it will fit a wider range of people. I"m looking forward to trying it out tomorrow during my back workout.

I've tossed a picture of my Nautilus compound bicep that I was praising before. I'd really like to know how the Nautilus Xpload bicep compares. I have a line on a cheap Hammer Strength bicep, but if the Xpload were incredible I would wait and get it instead...

Nebula IDA Low Row 1.jpgNebula IDA Low Row 2.jpgcompound bicep.jpg

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My "new" Nebula IDA Low Row arrived today. I had it delivered to my home, dissasembled it, threw it in the back of my truck, ran it to the gym, packed it into the basement myself, then reassembled it and gave it a good wipe down.

1st impressions (from moving and assembly/dissasembly)... It's built like a tank, but was easy enough to move 20 feet with one helper. It's much shorter than I expected, but a bit wider. It's tentatively replacing my Hammer Iso Low Row, so it's a little tight for space right now in the spot that the Hammer had resided in. The padding needs to be replaced (besides being yellow it's also rough around the edges), and it could use a bearing in the one handle (easy fix, looks like it's just in a spot that got lots of cleaner so it wiped the bearing dry). The bearing is a common ag style flange bearing, so it won't be a problem finding a cheap one locally.

I tossed a couple of plates on, just to see how it feels. First thing I noticed, it's much wider, so I don't feel like I'm being squeezed into the machine. The seat has plenty of adjustabment both verticaly and horizontaly, so I was able to find a comfortable spot. The swivel and moving arms felt very different, almost like doing this exercise with dumbbells or cables, and being able to position your hands anywhere was a nice treat. 1 plate on the horn feels more like 2 on the Hammer. The range of motion is far greater than the Hammer Strength, and because it's wider, for me it was much more comfortable. I can see this machine being very popular because it will fit a wider range of people. I"m looking forward to trying it out tomorrow during my back workout.

I've tossed a picture of my Nautilus compound bicep that I was praising before. I'd really like to know how the Nautilus Xpload bicep compares. I have a line on a cheap Hammer Strength bicep, but if the Xpload were incredible I would wait and get it instead...

Attachment 5288723Attachment 5288733Attachment 5288743
    Your compound bicep just made me ruin a perfectly good pair of underwear....thanks. Where did you come across that?

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2MoreRepz View Post
    Your compound bicep just made me ruin a perfectly good pair of underwear....thanks. Where did you come across that?
    I picked it up off a guy in Edmonton Alberta. I traded him an extra Hammer row and some cash. He had purchased it from somewhere on the US east coast. It was a little rough when I got it, with black spray bomb over the original Nautilus blue/green. I had it blasted and recoated, including the weight stack, then cleaned up the chains and sprockets and had the pads redone by fullcirclepadding.com photo_3.jpgCompound bicep front.jpg

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I picked it up off a guy in Edmonton Alberta. I traded him an extra Hammer row and some cash. He had purchased it from somewhere on the US east coast. It was a little rough when I got it, with black spray bomb over the original Nautilus blue/green. I had it blasted and recoated, including the weight stack, then cleaned up the chains and sprockets and had the pads redone by fullcirclepadding.com Attachment 5289043Attachment 5289053
    Looks great, I have never used one but hear they are amazing. I have a soft spot for the old Nautilus machines. I have attached a couple of before and afters of a double shoulder I recently picked it up and refurbished.

dubshould.jpg
    dubshould3.jpg

bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm 50 and I own a Gym. I have just spoken with Ken and ordered a new Advenger Leg press. I also took off his newly arrived stock 10 pieces of MedX equipment including a MedX Leg Press. My Pendulum Power Squat Pro is being built at this time. I currently own a Hammer Strength Leg Press and Atlantis. The same as HeathNutMD. I own an Atlantis Selectorized Leg Press/hack Combo. A BodyMaster Super Leg Press Combo Press/Hack and 2 LifeFitness Signature Series Selectorized Leg Press. I love leg pressing.
    Ergo

Originally Posted by bigfeather View Post
    I'm 50 and I own a Gym. I have just spoken with Ken and ordered a new Advenger Leg press. I also took off his newly arrived stock 10 pieces of MedX equipment including a MedX Leg Press. My Pendulum Power Squat Pro is being built at this time. I currently own a Hammer Strength Leg Press and Atlantis. The same as HeathNutMD. I own an Atlantis Selectorized Leg Press/hack Combo. A BodyMaster Super Leg Press Combo Press/Hack and 2 LifeFitness Signature Series Selectorized Leg Press. I love leg pressing.

Congrats!

1) Pendulum Power Squat Pro is amazing as everyone in this thread unamiously attests to... A++

2) I couldn't deal with the limited range of motion on a selectorized MedX Leg Press, but the Avenger is excellent, congrats.

3) I think a lot of us are eyeing up that MedX selectorized arm extension/tricep and the selectorized Leg extension. I just texted Ken about the possibility of adding more weight to the stack.

4) I don't have any Hammer Strength leg press, but I do have the modified footplate 40 degre Atlantis leg press and absolutely love it. My fav linear leg press. Even with all of the leg presses I have, I am super excited about the Atlantis Pivot Press arriving at the end of the month. Do you have the Atlantis Pivot Press, or have you tried it? Everytime I demo it, I realize how awesome that leg press is....

Just found out Power-Lift will modify the two lower weight storage horns on the Plate loaded Shoulder press. They are charging a $500.00 fee, which is quite steep for such a small modification (and at the upper limit of what I would pay), but it is the most convenient. I was getting ready to leave off the bottom 2 on each side and have Bryce at Reflext make me boltable weight storage horns.... but Power-Lift came thru, albeit at top dollar for that simple mod. Either way, I'm happy. I really don't like taking chances on pieces I haven't demoed, but I think this is a safe bet...
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-16-2013 at 03:59 PM.

nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow, you have some excellent equipment!

Congrats!

1) Pendulum Power Squat Pro is amazing as everyone in this thread unamiously attests to... A++

2) I couldn't deal with the limited range of motion on a selectorized MedX Leg Press, but the Avenger is excellent, congrats.

3) I think a lot of us are eyeing up that MedX selectorized arm extension/tricep and the selectorized Leg extension. I just texted Ken about the possibility of adding more weight to the stack.

4) I don't have any Hammer Strength leg press, but I do have the modified footplate 40 degre Atlantis leg press and absolutely love it. My fav linear leg press. Even with all of the leg presses I have, I am super excited about the Atlantis Pivot Press arriving at the end of the month. Do you have the Atlantis Pivot Press, or have you tried it? Everytime I demo it, I realize how awesome that leg press is....

Just found out Power-Lift will modify the two lower weight storage horns on the Plate loaded Shoulder press. They are charging a $500.00 fee, which is quite steep for such a small modification (and at the upper limit of what I would pay), but it is the most convenient. I was getting ready to leave off the bottom 2 on each side and have Bryce at Reflext make me boltable weight storage horns.... but Power-Lift came thru, albeit at top dollar for that simple mod. Either way, I'm happy. I really don't like taking chances on pieces I haven't demoed, but I think this is a safe bet...
    Great to hear Power-Lift came through with the modification... albeit for a steep price. You also have no shortage of quality leg equipment and gear!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #11 []---[]

+ 92B +

bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats!

Thanks! 15 years ago I seriously blew out 3 disc squatting. Devastated me. Back brace and a year off training. I was warming up when it happened. I was going to do 5x12x365. 7th rep of 315 and Bam!
    After I was rehabilitated I threw myself into leg pressing with the same fervor that I did with squatting. Now I was very strong in squatting, but I had never developed my legs like I have now from leg pressing alone. I did not think it was possible. This Thread is amazing as I'm also a self confessed equipment collecting junkie. From reading this thread I was convinced I needed to "Feed My Frankenstein" thanks to HealthNut and many, many others. Thanks guys!! Your influence led me to make my latest purchases.

1) I can't wait to get my Power Squat Pro. Lead time is not that long. It looks safe and effective and I'm going to become it's Master lol. Over $2000 for shipping for me as I live in Hawaii. So i want it badly for my Gym.

2) Because of my back injury, and I can feel some back pain now because of the intensity of my workout's for my other body parts. I train very high intensity with low volume. My range of motion on my pressing is just below 90 degree. I can't go knee's to arm pit's. I do hit parallel or below. I believe that I will have no problem with the MedX Press. If I do I still have Avenger and PSP etc.......

3) I'm getting the MedX Extension and Dip. I rely mostly on overhead Cable Extensions now and my arms are 19.5 cold. Remember I own a Gym and these Machines will be for use for my members. I always figure out ways to hang plates on my stacks.

4) I have the Atlantis and I rarely use it. If I do it's one legged presses. Never tried the Pivot Press. I do like the feel of that ROM though. Remember muscle does not know what exercise your doing it responds to stress created.......
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bigfeather; 01-16-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    Ergo

Back to back pressing. Atlantis Selectorized then immediately to the Atlantis press. The Atlantis selectorized is my favorite machine for legs.
    Attached Images
    Ergo

This Thread is amazing as I'm also a self confessed equipment collecting junkie. From reading this thread I was convinced I needed to "Feed My Frankenstein"

Remember muscle does not know what exercise your doing it responds to stress created.......
    Bigfeather unbelievable wheels man !! Your gym looks great nice deep dish AFS plates.

For a future purchase especially Since you are working threw a back injury you will absolutely love the pendulum seated squat pro. It has a very similar feel as the avenger but without any compression on the spine. You also have The option to move from fused or unfused double leg press to one leg at a time.

Congrats on your pendulum power squat and avenger purchases good to have you on board

-Serge Nubret

Nebula Hack Squat 1.JPGNebula Leg Press2.JPGNebula T-bar Row2.JPG

Last night was a rough night. I spent several hours preparing my gym for some new additions, which required dissasembling some equipment and moving those items into storage. After that, along with the help of some gym members, we packed down my "new" Nebula Leg Press, Hack Squat, and T-bar Row. My gym is in a basement, with about 20 steps. This is heavy ****! My biceps, traps, and low back are shot today. It was a 10 hour day of intense physical labour... One of the hazards of running a gym that you are never satisfied with!

After the cleaning and assembly (which was a big job as these pieces must have sat in a warehouse for quite some time before being liquidated, they were grungy) I tested the leg press and hack squat. I tried out the leg press once before, but I am again floored by just how good these pieces are. The leg press is the most natural feelining leg press I have ever used. I used to own a Hammer Strength 45' leg press and an Apex (which the Nebula has replaced), and I have tried many others besides, and I still cannot believe how much better Nebula is to everything else, both in how extremely well made it is, and the biomechanics. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I hope that my members are too. Tomorrow night is legs, can't wait to give them a real good run, especially the hack squat, as I never had one before! The T-bar row is humungous, and literally dwarfed my old t-bar row. I'm certain if you look hard enough in the pictures it's undernear the Nebula somewhere, LOL.

Still interested in one day demoing the Pendulum Power Squat and a Nautilus Xpload bicep, and the Tricep too.

Only problem I have now is trying to further rationalize my equipment so that I can fit into a smaller building. I really want to get out of the basement and into my own building. The building I'm looking at is about 500 square feet less space... Good thing I love a challenge.

Yes, I almost busted my tibia moving that Nebula stuff. Congrats, they all look like excellent pick-ups. Is that the 35 degree Nebula? If I had a choice between a 35 and 45 degree, I would pick a 35 degree... I like the idea of the lower angle, even if it takes more plates to load it up adequately.

I want to find the shoulder in that series of Nebula you found for me.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey healthnut or anyone else that may have had professional gym type flooring installed. Right now I have a new house being built with a 500sq ft gym custom add on right behind the garage. I'll be hiring someone to lay the flooring down after the build is done and we've closed on the house since the builder doesn't do this type of flooring. Does anyone know if there's typically anything between the rubber flooring and the foundation concrete? I'm thinking of doing a custom cut wall to wall rolled out flooring, seems like the best and most 'clean' option to do that I know of. Also I told the builder not to use any base boards around the room since I thought it would get in the way possibly of installing a hard rubber floor, is this the best idea or should I have base boards laid down maybe all the way to the concrete instead or something? Any advice would be awesome I'm just kind of guessing my way through some of this.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

There is that Swing Squat... who is picking that up? Parrillo obviously likes it. I'll have to ask him about it when I call to get an update on my bench.

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Hey healthnut or anyone else that may have had professional gym type flooring installed. Right now I have a new house being built with a 500sq ft gym custom add on right behind the garage. I'll be hiring someone to lay the flooring down after the build is done and we've closed on the house since the builder doesn't do this type of flooring. Does anyone know if there's typically anything between the rubber flooring and the foundation concrete? I'm thinking of doing a custom cut wall to wall rolled out flooring, seems like the best and most 'clean' option to do that I know of. Also I told the builder not to use any base boards around the room since I thought it would get in the way possibly of installing a hard rubber floor, is this the best idea or should I have base boards laid down maybe all the way to the concrete instead or something? Any advice would be awesome I'm just kind of guessing my way through some of this.
    Piece of **** work computer just erased my finished post. Anyway, short version: Rubber Rolls or rubber tile seem like the typical choice. Seems they just go on top of whatever floor you have just fine. If a dedicated room, will go over the concrete just fine. I guess I will be asking the same questions you are asking someday hopefully.

I hope to put a small wood floor with padding underneath for a small portion of the room someday (for cardio/floor work). I guess I'll have to do some research when the time comes.

(The real challenge is going to be the home theater room, all of the acoustic aspects are crazy). Then again, I'm broke right now from this project... and the way the economy/taxes/certain states are acting, who the f knows ....)

I liked the black rubber rolls I got from CFF. I'm not sure if the interlocking squares or rolls are better. You getting black or getting some design/print/color? For free weight and machine areas, I wonder if there is anything better than rubber flooring. Also, not sure how much benefit there is by getting thicker rubber... it costs a lot more to get thicker.

Anyway, would be curious to know what high end choices there are besides trhe typical rubber rolls or squares. wood?
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 01-18-2013 at 05:13 PM.

There is that Swing Squat... who is picking that up? Parrillo obviously likes it. I'll have to ask him about it when I call to get an update on my bench.
    Randy Coyle original maker of the swing squat just left my place. We talked eq and training for two hours. What a nice man . He is 75 years old in great health and is extremely knowledgable . I would deffinetly like to get one of his swing squats in the future for sure not many people know about this piece

-Serge Nubret

Closed Thread
Page 129 of 268 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast