Closed Thread
Page 126 of 268 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 8031
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    http://fresno.craigslist.org/spo/3353392322.html This is a Nebula PL bicep curl like was mentioned before.

They look strange. Are they any good?
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I am guessing that it feels more like a cable curl than a leverage machine curl. I think that he has it priced at least $200 too high. I would like to, someday, have my gym configured where I can place my seated preacher bench next to a cable column to be able to do seated cable curls for more variety.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really, really like this mag grip: Medium Grip Neutral

I was surprised at how you can pull a ton of weight and it feels natural: your grip seems so strong with this attachment. I'm curious to try more of their attachments, but don;t want to buy the remaining 6 to see if I like any of the other choices. I picked the medium grip neutral because it seemed to be the most desirable.

I don't like the close grip types because I can't pull past the front of my chest (less ROM).

I don't know what pronate vs neutral vs supinate would offer, but I can't see paying $76.95 each for 2 more medium grips just to find out.

So I suppose Ill buy the SOLD OUT WIDE, neutral grip next. I'm not sure how Pronated vs Supinated grip would compare.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 12-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never used the row not many were made but I have used this curl in the selectorize version and thought it was great. The Handel is very unique your arms are in tight i like the shape of the padding ....you get a good peak contraction
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's a weightlifting (Olympic) barbell review I wrote for the Olympic lifting boards. In case someone is interested in getting a weightlifting barbell here, please enjoy:

Eleiko is the pinnacle of weightlifting bars IMHO. The knurling is in every way perfect with only a very mild center knurl and the entire bar is nice and springy. The black rubber training plates sit perfectly on the sleeves of the bar so you'll never have to put any collars on. Don't get the colored training plates, they are of a larger hole diameter so they don't sit on the bar very well and they make a rather unpleasant noise when dropped (much less pleasing to the ear than the deep thud of the Eleiko black rubber plates).

A second bar that I really like is the Uesaka one. The knurling is also very good but there is no center knurling whatsoever which is also quite nice (though perhaps the tiny bit that Eleiko has is a bit better). The only downside is that the plates that come with it were made far too big for the sleeves of the bar so without collars you're not going to be doing anything with that weight set. Quite annoying in my opinion.

DHS bars are pretty bad. The reason they're bad is that they have very rough center knurling. As in like it was a powerlifting bar. I was at a competition once where they used DHS bars for both the competition and the warmup and I had a severely bruised neck after the entire event. There is no reason for it to be so rough, it is just really uncomfortable and will get annoying very quickly. Plus if you're going for the weight set, then the plates don't sit as snugly on the bar as they could be sitting so you'll generally have to stick some collars on there as well.

A lesser known bar/weight set is Leoko of Finland. Its quite rare in gyms so not sure if you'll manage to find it. The bar is about average, the knurling isn't quite as gripping as it is with the Eleiko or Uesaka, perhaps about the same as the DHS. Don't quite remember what the center knurling was like, I think it was rougher than Eleiko but not quite as bad as DHS. The plates sit on the bar rather well, though perhaps not quite as well as the Eleiko black rubber ones. Still you can train easily without ever needing collars.

End of barbell review, enjoy and be enlightened.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

I'll have to try it tomorrow with pulldown. I just tried it with some rows, but tomorrow is back day, so I'll try it as shown in the video:

I can't say enough about the Pendulum Power Squat Pro. I cannot believe that these are not common in commercial gyms across the country. Although the weight is still on your back, this is a really safe way to squat. There is no feeling of being constrained in this machine whatsoever. An A++ machine IMO.

Could not agree more. Out of all of the Pendulum pieces, this was that most unique and most creative. Silly cheap ass chain gyms.... Black does look bad ass. Sometimes I wish I could go back and do Back with Red Moving parts, or something like that...
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 12-28-2012 at 07:46 PM.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gloss black would be a real pain to keep clean. That's one of the reasons most of my equipment is silver. If I could change a few things it would be to have a textured black on just the movement arms as an accent with silver frames. Seen this in a few of tlynch's photos, and I really like it.

Two colours I hate for equipment are yellow and red. Not sure why, maybe think they are too common or something.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    To be honest after watching those videos I'm not sure what the advantage those handles would have over regular chrome row attachments. I just don't get it.
    I'll have to try it tomorrow with pulldown. I just tried it with some rows, but tomorrow is back day, so I'll try it as shown in the video:

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    To be honest after watching those videos I'm not sure what the advantage those handles would have over regular chrome row attachments. I just don't get it.
    I haven't tried the pulldown yet, but for cable row, the grip feels awesome. I can pull more weight with that grip.

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    New iso lateral reverse hyper at westside.

Does anyone have any experience of the sorinex belt squat vs legend?

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Renzinho View Post

I don't have any experience with either. You didn't say if you was interested in buying one new. If so, the Legend/Westside is $1200-1400 less expensive on machines that look very similar in design and build quality. I do know where there is a PowerLift belt squat in basically new condition that I would guess could be bought for alot less than the other two. It is located in central Pennsylvania. The PowerLift is a slightly different design though.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 12-29-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Originally Posted by Renzinho View Post

We talked about the iso-lateral reverse hyper about 4 months or so back. I put up 2 videos from Legend showing the bent pendulum and iso lateral in use. From what we have discussed, the bent pendulum is superior. I doubt they will sell many iso lateral reverse hypers....

As far as belt squats, my thought is that the pit shark with sumo base and full height version represents the cost no object belt squat.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who makes the queerest belt of all?

http://www.titansupport.com/products...thickness.html

Lol. I wonder if they can do tiger skin?

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Leopard print with rainbow feathers hanging off of it. You can ALWAYS make something gayer. And it might be a cost no object belt, but unless there's some reason this is more functional than other belt choices, I wouldn't think it would count as best of the best.

Gregg, your Avenger leg press is ready for pickup tomorrow...

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gregg, your Avenger leg press is ready for pickup tomorrow...
    Chris, what's the current status on mine? Are you now the go to guy for Regeneration/Avenger? LOL

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Chris, what's the current status on mine? Are you now the go to guy for Regeneration/Avenger? LOL

Im painting yours now, gotta go back to home depot... ran out of spray paint.

Im painting yours now, gotta go back to home depot... ran out of spray paint.
    Hahaha!

I got to demo alot of gear today. A couple of Hammer Strength pieces that I want to give my thoughts. First is the Dorian Yates row which has alluded me forever. Definately the most unique of the Hammer rows. Not a low row or a mid row, kinda in between at a cool angle. Felt best to me underhand. My favorite Hammer row just for variety...... Also confirming that the Legend high row is superior to the Hammer IMO. The hammer isnt bad but the Legend has better handle choices which is cool for that movement. I will post more later when I get home.

I got to demo alot of gear today. A couple of Hammer Strength pieces that I want to give my thoughts. First is the Dorian Yates row which has alluded me forever. Definately the most unique of the Hammer rows. Not a low row or a mid row, kinda in between at a cool angle. Felt best to me underhand. My favorite Hammer row just for variety...... Also confirming that the Legend high row is superior to the Hammer IMO. The hammer isnt bad but the Legend has better handle choices which is cool for that movement. I will post more later when I get home.

Yes, so far the High Row seems like the best Legend Leveredge piece. I'll put it on the cost no object list. Power-Lift makes a high row as well. I was hoping to compare those.

The DY Row from Hammer is supposed to be underhand only I believe.

Nice post today about the Power Squat Pro:

Attached Images

Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titangym2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am interested if someone see or try this Paramounth DIRECT POWER line equipment, it look interesting but on internet
    there is only one picture of this unique line. Becuse I am new I can't post link of it. You can put in Google "Paramounth DRP"

Diesel

I also demoed four pieces of Diesel today. These things look so incredible. They must be expensive because they have done so much work to achieve this awesome look. Diesel has some pretty heavy construction with plenty of flair. Unfortunately, these pieces are just kinda average. Not bad, but nothing to knock your socks off. My favorite was the leg extension but, hell, everyone seems to make a good leg extension. The two presses felt a little like the Nautilus pieces that I demoed last month but not as good. The lat pulldown pull went from hands close at the top to wide at the bottom. Different for sure. The most disappointing thing was these pieces had a little noticeable "friction" in the weight stacks. Something that I have never noticed a Strive piece to have to this degree. I would not put any of these 4 pieces into the best of the best catagory. A shame because an entire gym of these things would look so cool.
    Attached Images

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice post today about the Power Squat Pro:
    So if loading the lower horns is like using chains what is loading the upper horns like?

One other cool piece worth mentioning from my demo is the Hammer MTS bicep curl. I have never spent any time on this style of bicep machine but was pleasantly surprised by the Hammer. Really smooth and they got the biomechanics right. I cant imagine that one of the early Nautilus curls could be this good. This is not a core machine to have in a gym, but it is really nice. Definately a luxuary gym piece.
    Attached Images

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    One other cool piece worth mentioning from my demo is the Hammer MTS bicep curl. I have never spent any time on this style of bicep machine but was pleasantly surprised by the Hammer. Really smooth and they got the biomechanics right. I cant imagine that one of the early Nautilus curls could be this good. This is not a core machine to have in a gym, but it is really nice. Definately a luxuary gym piece.
    Nice piece. I also like the way some of the MTS pieces support the arm. A few other manufacturers support the arm in a similar way. I prefer for the machine to have the minimum support necessary preferably somewhere half way between the shoulder and elbow joint on the tricep so the elbow is free to flex. I've used some machines that fully support the arm or utilize that scott curl type support and I find it annoying as the weights increase because my elbow pushes into the pad. I'm pretty bony though so maybe its just me.

nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You said the grip was better on the Legend High Row but what about the bio mechanics compared to the Hammer version? Also, have you compared the Legend and Hammer Iso Lateral Row? If the bio mechanics are the same on the Iso Lateral Row I don't see how the Hammer could be better than the Legend.

Originally Posted by nolan3344 View Post
    You said the grip was better on the Legend High Row but what about the bio mechanics compared to the Hammer version? Also, have you compared the Legend and Hammer Iso Lateral Row? If the bio mechanics are the same on the Iso Lateral Row I don't see how the Hammer could be better than the Legend.
    Yes the High Rows are very similar in biomechanics from body placement to the angles and amount of divergence. The Leveredge just has more useable grip choices and is built a little beefier. I think the Leveredge has the additional chest pad adjustment as well......The mid rows are almost identical if I remember correctly. I am not a fan of that general design. I am privilaged to have demoed the Avenger row and want to get one of those anyway. You know what they say, "Once you go Avenger...".

Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    So if loading the lower horns is like using chains what is loading the upper horns like?

That is a good question. I'll have to look at the angle of the top horns... brb.

As I thought, and makes sense to what I was told previously: If you load the top and bottom evenly, it will be the same as a barbell squat: There is no strength curve, just linear. If you look at the angle of the top vs bottom, they are curved about 25 degrees in opposite directions. So evenly loading both top and bottom will cancel out the curves.

If you load the top only, it will be heaviest at the bottom and get easier as you stand up. Technically, it is probably better to evenly load the 4 horns at first (45's on all 4 horns as base weight), and then begin to load the bottom horns from that point forward. Loading the bottom horns is what most leg presses do, or at least are supposed to do: Just like the Pendulum Hip Press, Atlantis Pivot press... the weight increases towards the end of the movement. A linear leg press obviously has no curve. The Avenger Leg Press would be like taking the Power Squat Pro and only using the top horns only... which is why they should put some band pegs on the Avenger Leg press. If the Avenger Leg press has a weakness, it would be the Strength curve--definitely need band pegs on the Avenger leg press--Tyler Hobson is correct about that Avenger Leg press, the Strength curve is technically opposite of what it should be... at the very least, bang pegs would help make it more linear my adding more resistance towards the end.

In other words, I don;t know what benefit it would have to load only the top weight horns other than variety and to work your glutes more than your quads... that is the main difference, working glutes more than quads. You will use more glute to push the heavier weight at the bottom.

Closed Thread
Page 126 of 268 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast