prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22

Amino Acids for Rookies

Amino Acids for Rookies
    Zach Bashore
    January 16, 2006

Amino acids are found in many of the foods you eat. Knowing how they are beneficial to your body will make you want to get up and hit the nearest supplement store as soon as possible. In this article you are going to learn what amino acids are, what they do for your body, and in my opinion, the most effective amino acids for a better body.

Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. When you eat a food that is high in protein, your body digests the protein into individual amino acids and short links of amino acids that are small enought to be absorbed into the bloodstream. The primary functions of amino acids are to build and repair muscle tiessue, but the benefits go beyond that. These things produce chemicals that allow our brains to function at its highest potential.

Now that you`ve learned what amino acids are and what they do for your body, it`s time to learn the difference between essential and non-essential amino acids. Essential amino acids cannot be made by the body. You can get them by eating complete protein foods or from a combination of incomplete vegetables. The nine essential amino acids include histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, and valine. The thirteen non-essential amino acids are alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, cysteine, cystine, glutamic acid, glutamine, glycine, hydroxyproline, proline, serine, and tyrosine.

The most effective and beneficial supplements in any bodybuilder`s arsenal are branch chain amino acids or BCAA`s because they metabolize in the persons muscles, rather than in their liver. Other good amino acids that are sold seperately or combined in many of the supplements you buy are leucine, taurine, and glutamine. Leucine provides ingredients for the manufacturing of other components in the body, which are utilized for the production of energy, stimulants to the brain, and helps you feel more alert. Taurine supplements can be used to counter the effects cause by human aging. The effects of human aging taurine can help with are energy problems, digestive and mental problems, and premature death. Glutamine is another supplement used in the bodybuilding and fitness industry because of its ability to maintain muscle mass while trying to shed fat. However, bodybuilders are not the only people who benefit from the use of glutamine. Elderly people, those who suffer from trauma, cancer, and immune deficiencies also benefit from supplementing with glutamine.

Explaining amino acids in a non-scientific article was one of my goals before writing this, and I hope that the beginning bodybuilders could understand this article. Remember that consumption of to many amino acids is worse than consuming to little. Don`t think that just because something good for you that you need to take more than the recommended dosage. Until next time, see ya.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast4.htm
    http://www.realtime.net/anr/aminoacd.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet17.htm
    http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/education.../overview.html
    http://prowl.rockefeller.edu/aainfo/contents.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid
    http://www.dietitian.com/protein.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcaa.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne39.htm

Registered User LatissimusDorsi's Avatar
    LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good. Don't forget that not all nine EAA's are needed for bodybuilding, only the three EBBAA's () called Leucine, Valine and Isoleucine are. That is why some BCAA's sold only contain them three.

vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by prior22
    Remember that consumption of to many amino acids is worse than consuming to little. Don`t think that just because something good for you that you need to take more than the recommended dosage.

So let me get this straight... having, say, having 500 grams of the food you eat that's rich in protein (chicken, tuna, etc) per day is worse than having 10 grams of food with protein per day? Give me a break.. After reading that article, I feel that after my gr 8 year in highschool I could have given you more information based on the things I learned in bio (which wasn't a lot!)

I don't think you understand the amino acids make up ALL proteins, and so when you eat protein, you are eating amino acids..

Ok kids, lets all eat less protein because not getting any amino acids is better than eating like a horse to gain weight..

rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000) rangerkid2187 is just really nice. (+1000)
    do u remember what ever happened about mega dosing BCAA's and getting anabolic effects?
    Misc. Firearm Crew

TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBourne will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Awesome article, being somewhat of a beginner myself (at least to amino acids) it defintely makes me want to research them more and most likely order some! Thanks for putting it in terms that I can understand

Registered User build muscle fast's Avatar
    build muscle fast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amino Mass provides essential Amino Acid

Amino Mass - Amino Mass provides arginine pyroglutamate and lysine HCl, the amino acid combination used in a landmark study to promote the release of human growth hormone (HGH). HGH stimulates the production of protein in all cells in the body, including muscle cells, and promotes the breakdown and utilization of fats.Amino Mass IngredientsL-Arginine Pyroglutamate, L-Lysine HCl, ChromeMate Chromium GTF (Chromium Polynicotinate).Suitable for vegetarians and HYPOALLERGENIC: contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor, or fragrance.
    For More Information
    Amino Mass Products
    Top Brands
    Source Naturals ,Jarrow Formulas Inc , Lane Labs , Natrol
    Top Products
    Amino Mass 100 Tabs , Amino Mass 50 Tabs

williamPK88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome article, being somewhat of an beginner myself (at least to amino acids) It defintely makes me want for you to research them more AND ALSO most likely order some! Thanks with regard to putting That with terms The item my partner and i may understand

jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by vadox6466 View Post
    So let me get this straight... having, say, having 500 grams of the food you eat that's rich in protein (chicken, tuna, etc) per day is worse than having 10 grams of food with protein per day? Give me a break.. After reading that article, I feel that after my gr 8 year in highschool I could have given you more information based on the things I learned in bio (which wasn't a lot!)

I don't think you understand the amino acids make up ALL proteins, and so when you eat protein, you are eating amino acids..

Ok kids, lets all eat less protein because not getting any amino acids is better than eating like a horse to gain weight..
    Gotta go ahead and agree with you. People just need to eat their damn food.
    "You're either pro or your noob, that's life."

Glyco-Energy Log (COMPLETE): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154746253&p=1107996033&posted=1#post1107996033
    Muscleology Sledgehammer (COMPLETE): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156063553&p=1115146633#post1115146633

vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by prior22 View Post
    Amino Acids for Rookies
    Zach Bashore
    January 16, 2006

Amino acids are found in many of the foods you eat. Knowing how they are beneficial to your body will make you want to get up and hit the nearest supplement store as soon as possible. In this article you are going to learn what amino acids are, what they do for your body, and in my opinion, the most effective amino acids for a better body.

Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. When you eat a food that is high in protein, your body digests the protein into individual amino acids and short links of amino acids that are small enought to be absorbed into the bloodstream. The primary functions of amino acids are to build and repair muscle tiessue, but the benefits go beyond that. These things produce chemicals that allow our brains to function at its highest potential.

Now that you`ve learned what amino acids are and what they do for your body, it`s time to learn the difference between essential and non-essential amino acids. Essential amino acids cannot be made by the body. You can get them by eating complete protein foods or from a combination of incomplete vegetables. The nine essential amino acids include histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, and valine. The thirteen non-essential amino acids are alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, cysteine, cystine, glutamic acid, glutamine, glycine, hydroxyproline, proline, serine, and tyrosine.

The most effective and beneficial supplements in any bodybuilder`s arsenal are branch chain amino acids or BCAA`s because they metabolize in the persons muscles, rather than in their liver. Other good amino acids that are sold seperately or combined in many of the supplements you buy are leucine, taurine, and glutamine. Leucine provides ingredients for the manufacturing of other components in the body, which are utilized for the production of energy, stimulants to the brain, and helps you feel more alert. Taurine supplements can be used to counter the effects cause by human aging. The effects of human aging taurine can help with are energy problems, digestive and mental problems, and premature death. Glutamine is another supplement used in the bodybuilding and fitness industry because of its ability to maintain muscle mass while trying to shed fat. However, bodybuilders are not the only people who benefit from the use of glutamine. Elderly people, those who suffer from trauma, cancer, and immune deficiencies also benefit from supplementing with glutamine.

Explaining amino acids in a non-scientific article was one of my goals before writing this, and I hope that the beginning bodybuilders could understand this article. Remember that consumption of to many amino acids is worse than consuming to little. Don`t think that just because something good for you that you need to take more than the recommended dosage. Until next time, see ya.

Really well written Prior, thanks. I'm going to start with Amino Acids myself.

richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very interesting read and one that I definately need to do some research into.

The selection of amino acids can be really baffling though in terms of what to choose!

colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm thinking all Amino Acids can be consumed through regular food and do not need to be supplemented. Especially glutamine. Glutamine is so damn common in everything/
    225 DL
    225 Bench
    167 Barbell Row

I have to return some videotapes

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by colekatsilas View Post
    I'm thinking all Amino Acids can be consumed through regular food and do not need to be supplemented. Especially glutamine. Glutamine is so damn common in everything/
    They can and if you are bulking I would agree that amino/protein based supplements could be cut out completely.

You cant argue against the convenience though, there are times where drinking a shake is the only realistic option.

When it comes to cutting amino/protein supplements make strictly controlling your macros a lot easier.

kingw363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingw363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingw363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingw363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingw363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingw363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm kind of new to BCAA so I have to say, thanks for the information.