Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Koalamaisteri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    100% agreed, every person should read this before going to gym.

VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol!

MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattATL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agree with a lot of this however the grunting doesnt bother me. I have been known to let out a few huffs and puffs and grunts but its only because I'm pushing myself hard everytime I go to the gym. I'm not there to just do a few sets and chill with my boys. Im there to push myself harder and harder every day and if I let out a grunt or two on my last couple reps then so be it. Dropping the weights is lame too. I mean...I'll drop them...after I take them to about an inch or 2 off the ground. Its not china...I'm not gonna lay them flat and softly...especially when my arms, shoulders, or whatever are burning. I've seen dudes literally drop them from waist high though and thats pretty ****ing obnoxious.

You guys should have seen the last gym I was a member of. They changed locations and quickly turned into a **** hole. In the afternoon...forget about working out. It was FULL of latino's that had NO idea what they were doing. Well most of them had no idea. I'm not racist by any means of the word but there was definitely a trend going on with them. They all come in there wearing their hollister shirts, backwards hats (who works out with a hat on? That would bug the living **** out of me) and they seemed to always ONLY work out their arms. Thats all I ever saw 90% of them doing...biceps....and most of the time they wernt even do it right. No full rotation, little jerky chicken movements, etc. Then you had the lazy ****ers who literally would get on a machine and sit there for, I **** you not, 20-30 mins talking on the phone. It would piss me of SOOOO much.

johndouglas78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    100% agreed

CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    at first i thought grunting was something that was annoying, but i realized that after training for a longer time and being able to lift more, those few grunts and roars..really make you feel like an animal. now im NOT saying go screamo

what i hate alot, is simply people leaving their weights on racks, and if theyre gone for 15 minutes, and you go use it, they say "oh im still using it" in which i respond "lol i dont think so tim. beat it."

and

i hate when theres the stereotypical "three lax bros" who dont lift at all, but stand and talk and scoff at people around them, meaninwhile only being able to bench a breezy 110

sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this thread!
    * dont even have a crew *
    |||---------you can find me at the bar---------|||

sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sain724 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds like they were using way to much weight lol
    Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    saw a bunch of kids using the smith machine do OHP. their upper body was so at 45 angle with the butt almost at the edge of the shoulder press seat its almost a incline bench press.

claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) claypoolrc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm on the phone changing music in between sets because I can't listen to a song for more than a couple mins or so.

I saw a dude the other day with an American eagle cutoff? You must be damn desperate for a cut off.
    Last edited by claypoolrc; 02-04-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Botch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by smack4ud View Post
    -Don't hit on women because they're concentrating on their workout?

Are you kidding me? Girls do not go to the gym to work out, they go to be seen and to chit chat with their friends, be on their phone, etc... You must not be from America.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about the morons out there wearing cotton? It's been like 20 years since wicking material (polyester blends, ie. Under Armour, Nike Dri Fit) has been invented! And if you're not sweating bullets through your heavy cotton, you're not working hard enough!

Most of the time when guys wear cotton, its those stupid tank tops they've altered so at least one of their nipples is poking out at all times.
    Don't know if satirical or not but textiles people say cotton is better than polyester, even to work out in.

sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by torpstar711 View Post

"But I just want to get really tone, I don't want to get too big"
    I love when people say that. Toned lol

I don't go to a gym but cell phones do annoy the heck out of me. I have made a resolution to put all my concentration to working out when I am working out, I just use a book to track my lifts. Thats just me though.

I rarely grunt or scream when lifting though I have done it a few times when I am grinding out a particularly hard last rep.

As far as wearing hats I tried it once but its annoy as heck because you keep knocking it off during movements.

billwill87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never try to grunt. But the only time that I grunt happens is when im doing power/hang cleans. and is it ok to stand in front of the mirror as you lift??? When i am power cleaning i do it in front of a mirror to check my form because when doing cleans form is crucial in order to prevent injury?

Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love this thread, absolutely hate when people 1. don't wipe their equipment down after use and 2. Take someones equipment without asking, specially when they're clearly still using it.

SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I use my cell phone every workout, u mad bro?
    Muscle memory is real.. Check this out

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126586333

Jennannharg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How not to be an idiot, beside not talking to women in the gym..How about when a woman is doing free weight swats or weighted lunges advert your eyes!!! If you are going to watch don't just flat out stare. Its rude and it throws us off when we can feel you staring a hole through our ass..Next time bring a quarter, it'll bounce and we both will be able to get back to our workouts quicker!!!

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jennannharg View Post
    How not to be an idiot, beside not talking to women in the gym..How about when a woman is doing free weight swats or weighted lunges advert your eyes!!! If you are going to watch don't just flat out stare. Its rude and it throws us off when we can feel you staring a hole through our ass..Next time bring a quarter, it'll bounce and we both will be able to get back to our workouts quicker!!!
    Don't wear spandex/yoga pants and then say you don't want guys to look at your ass.

vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    4. Stop admiring yourself. Everyone loves looking at themselves...admiring the herculean body they've sculpted, but remember you're in a public place. Staring at yourself, flexing excessively, and pulling up your shirt to show off your abs all fall into the category of being a conceited jackass. You look like an idiot, everyone around you thinks you're an idiot (and I mean everyone), and trust me you don't look good or cool no matter how sexy your body is. Do it in the locker room or in the privacy of your own home.
    Disagree with this. You realize that most people who know wtf to do properly know to FLEX their muscles for at least 10 seconds after they do a set? It's to build a solid mind/muscle connection. Arnold even did this, but he was more extreme, read up on it. I do this and I don't give a F*** what people think of me, in the end I'll look 100 times better than them anyway. I don't go to the gym and care what others think of me, I go there to build my body. I don't ever pull my shirt up and "flex my abs" because you can see my abs thru my tank anyway, and I don't need to flex them they're thick and you can easily see them lol But for real, this is the only point I disagree with. I'm that guy you see flexing his muscle that he just did a set on for that ultimate BAM! And no, not full of myself or nothing, it's just part of my routine.

Cheers!

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nice post! reminds me of some *******s at my gym.
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The cell phone does bug me. I’ve noticed that I never see the biggest guys at my gym on their cell phones talking or texting. It seems like the smaller and/or new guys are the ones answering phone calls or updating their ******** statuses: “@ the gym bros!!! #curlsforthegirls”

I understand if your wife or girlfriend is pregnant and she needs to be able to get a hold of you at a moment’s notice then yes, that is extremely important call to take. The majority of the calls I am forced to overhear consist of updating friends on what they are doing as well as arguments about what clubs to visit later that night. In other words $#!t they can plan some other time while not taking up space and equipment at the gym. Most people are not as important as they want to look.

When I visit the gym I plan to be completely unreachable for an hour or two. My phone is off and in my locker. After I change I’ll turn my phone on as I’m walking out the front doors to my car and answer messages then. 95% of the time it’s not important and can wait. 4 of the remaining 5 % that are important do not need to be addressed right away and can wait a few hours. I leave that remaining 1% just to accept the potential that there may be something so important that it needed a response between my sets… like… nuclear launch cancellation codes I might one day have in my phone.

GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cell phones.. Some people actually have important lives.. Breathing hard and tossing weight... It's a ****ing gym!
    You need to worry about doing your own thing. I agree with everything else, the weights put back and standing in front of the rack... Everything else is really an individuals right if someone came up to me and told me to stop looking at myself in the mirror I would like to smash their head into the mirror lol

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GQ271 View Post
    Cell phones.. Some people actually have important lives.. Breathing hard and tossing weight... It's a ****ing gym!
    You need to worry about doing your own thing. I agree with everything else, the weights put back and standing in front of the rack... Everything else is really an individuals right if someone came up to me and told me to stop looking at myself in the mirror I would like to smash their head into the mirror lol
    smashing someones face into a mirror? a bit extreme ain't it? a simple **** off would do haha
    but yea i also agree with people not putting weights back, you take the weights you put them back!
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

supertjc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Come on

Go to the heavy weight section

watasikcunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread is full of gay kients

MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MattyRange has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nothing worse than someone blabbing on their phone or texting and hogging a machine or bench, nothing worse brahs
    GoodLife Fitness > L.A Fitness

VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guys who wear casual shorts to the gym.... Srsly?
    • • • DIRTY SOUTH CREW • • •

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As for screaming/shouting/etc, well, if you are maxing out, maybe. But a pencil necked girly man on the bench screaming to push up 135 pounds is ridiculous.
    What if 135 pounds is him maxing out? Everyone's got their max, maybe that's his...

Agreed with everything in that article - especially the putting weights back bit - and putting them back in order would be good, so you don't have to search for ages for the dumbell you need.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vsebi View Post
    Disagree with this. You realize that most people who know wtf to do properly know to FLEX their muscles for at least 10 seconds after they do a set? It's to build a solid mind/muscle connection. Arnold even did this, but he was more extreme, read up on it. I do this and I don't give a F*** what people think of me, in the end I'll look 100 times better than them anyway. I don't go to the gym and care what others think of me, I go there to build my body. I don't ever pull my shirt up and "flex my abs" because you can see my abs thru my tank anyway, and I don't need to flex them they're thick and you can easily see them lol But for real, this is the only point I disagree with. I'm that guy you see flexing his muscle that he just did a set on for that ultimate BAM! And no, not full of myself or nothing, it's just part of my routine.

Cheers!
    ^^^^AGREED!!! If you're worried about what others think of you then you are obviously in the wrong spot. I could care less what the stupid little $h!ts that have no idea what they're doing think of me. I get more flack from my diet routine than flexing in the gym anyways. I chose this lifestyle for ME...nobody else, hence not one phuk is given to anyone elses opinion of my BBing.

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flexing doesn't bother me - in a few months, I'm going to be doing the same.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    phone = timer and note tracker (reps/weight/difficulty/etc)

most part, I agree.
    ♔ Rep Quality ♔

***Canadian Crew***

EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cpanthers89 View Post
    3. Don't stand in front of weight racks. If you're using dumbbells use them away from the rack. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I'm trying to get a set of dumbbells, but some idiot is doing curls right in front of the rack blocking it. It's really not difficult, just move to an open area and move on your way.
    Drives me crazy… Guys will walk up to the weight rack way too drunk with confidence and grab the 20 lb dumbbells, stand as close as they can to the rack and mirror, and do a set of 15 of bicep curls (which feels like an eternity) while blocking the pairs of 100 to 120 pound dumbbells on the lower rack. After their set, they’ll re-rack the weights and turn around and look at you with a stupid “I’m awesome” grin without realizing he made you wait for the actually heavy dumbbells. I hate that...

johnypowers91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you shouldnt be bothered how you look at the gym as long as your there for a good reason